Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
M.A.G.M.A SAMPLES: SHAYMIN
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 2:32:30 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He'd brought the coffee this time.

It was a guess based on what he'd observed on one of their last encounters. Something mild and flavorful and with just the right amount of sweetness. Piping hot and kept insulated by a cardboard insert. Pokébuck's finest.

"Something to take the edge off," He offered as she walked through the door. It seemed necessary, considering how late into the evening they were meeting. Alas, it was the only time he could squeeze her in that week.

Barnaby himself had bought his usual basicass iced chai latte, which he drank from a personal tumbler of his that had been bedazzled in teal ombre sequins. On his shoulder sat a pudgy white and green hedgehog happily licking at a small cup of whipped cream, which it held between it's two front paws.

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #2
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 14:32:28 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Aw, thanks! You’re a dear! Miiiiiight want to set the coffee aside before we start the testing, though. Wouldn’t wanna accidentally contaminate the samples and all, ya know?”
[break][break]
The response is given with a wink and smile, taking the cup of coffee in her hands before setting it down far away from the exam table that awaits them. As per usual, all the equipment has been neatly set up. Ceri only ever seems capable of being truly organised when it comes to her job.
[break][break]
Organised, yet bound to get distracted.
[break][break]
Always too much energy. Always too many thoughts crossing her mind.
[break][break]
Today, the distraction is a fitting one: the adorable little hedgehog on Barnaby’s shoulder. It brings memories of a much different encounter with a member of its species.
[break][break]
”Ah, I’ve only ever seen Shaymin in its Sky Form before! You’re so cute!” She tells the pokémon with a smile, and only then does she approach the exam table, grabbing her tablet to pull up a chart.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡ (+ lab coat LMAO)[break][break]
M.A.G.M.A Sector A - GATHER II ♡

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 15:06:17 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Ah, of course," It made sense, but wasn't something Barnaby would have immediately thought of. Contaminating the samples didn't even register in his non-scientific brain when he had stopped at Pokébuck on the way here. He closed the stopper on his tumbler and set it aside for now as well.

Without missing a beat, Ceri began fawning over the SHAYMIN on his shoulder.

"Isn't he? This is Puck." To the floral hedgehog Barnaby gave a little scritch of his chin with an index finger. "I went on quite the adventure to find you, didn't I?"

Puck was a jovial little guy, especially now that he'd spent some time in the mortal realm, far removed from his island in the sky. He momentarily paused snarfing down his treat to allow Barnaby's affections, small squeaks of happiness pouring from cream-covered lips.

"It seemed almost magical. Like I was Jack climbing the beanstalk."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 15:36:00 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Fawn as she may, she does have a job to do, and after washing her hands and putting on a fresh pair of nitrile gloves, she taps on the table.
[break][break]
”I think we’ll collect the standard samples today, unless you think there’s anything else I should keep in mind? Hmm… Do you think he’ll be fine with getting his blood work done and all? Shaymin are notorious for their ability to purify air, so things like AROMATHERAPY won't do much good if he doesn’t want them there.”
[break][break]
She nods to herself at that last one, writing a note about it on her tablet. Then, her attention returns to Barnaby and the Gratitude Pokémon on his shoulder.
[break][break]
”So! How did you meet him? Tell me about this adventure of yours.”
[break][break]
She smiles then, waiting.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 15:54:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Pleasantries aside, it was time to do what they came here to do. While Ceri took a moment to refresh her gloves, Barnaby plucked Puck from his shoulder and placed him on the exam table, being sure to take the cup of whipped cream from the hedgehog as he did so.

"Luckily he's rather a glutton." Barnaby commented, watching as his Pokémon began to snuffle around the metal counter, likely in search of more treats.

"Put food in front of his face and he tolerates almost anything." On cue, he revealed the whipped cream once again, which Puck immediately waddled over to and began licking up. If Ceri wanted blood samples, now was her chance.

"It was incredible, though, Ceri. I'd grown a Gracidea flower and when it bloomed... a bridge made of petals appeared." It all sounded so fantastical coming from Barnaby's lips. "I followed it into the sky, above the clouds, and up there was a small garden with many Shaymin."

He smiled down at his tubby hedgehog.

"Puck just happened to choose me."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 16:30:43 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”I’m starting to think that’s the norm for all of your pokémon.” She teases, smirking, but Ceri is not one to waste an opportunity like this.
[break][break]
While Puck is too busy with enjoying his little cup of whipped cream, she takes the opportunity to collect blood and tissue samples. Trying to do it as quickly and painlessly as possible, so as to not disturb the Gratitude Pokémon. Shaymin may be small, but they’re not to be underestimated, this much Ceri knows.
[break][break]
”Gracideas, huh? My mum used to grow those at her flower shop. Don’t think any of them ever did that, though.” She laughs and this is indeed the only tidbit of information about her personal life that Ceri has ever shared with . It may also be the last, spoken in passing. She’s quick to move on from that subject, she always is.
[break][break]
”You’re saying the island was floating? Huh… That’s pretty neat! I wonder if the Shaymin were the ones who made that possible or if it was something else…”
[break][break]
She tests Puck for Pokérus-Y, just in case.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 21:25:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I like to make sure they're provided for, if that's what you mean." He teased back, patting the side of Puck where a bit of his belly poked out.

Were Barnaby's Pokémon spoiled? Some were, that much was obvious to Ceri. However, those were his favorites, of which Barnaby only had a few in comparison to his entire collection.

And the special cases that he brought to see were almost always one of his favorites. Barnaby valued novelty and beauty, after all. Rarity even more so.

"Strange, isn't it? I'm not sure why this Gracidea was different from any other."

The researcher's comment about her mother's flower shop was ordinary-sounding enough that it did not spur on any further questions from Barnaby. Only an acknowledging nod and a short laugh.

"Would they have that sort of power, you think?" To create a floating island... as far as Barnaby had noticed, his SHAYMIN hadn't caused anything to levitate in his presence. "Perhaps something else created the garden and the Shaymin were just looking after it?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 22:37:42 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Flowers that create bridges to floating islands in the sky. It’s the sort of story her mum loved telling her when she was a kid. Ceri never cared much for those, though. She preferred falling asleep to facts about plants and about grass type pokémon. Her mum also loved telling her those.
[break][break]
While performing tests and collecting samples, her smile turns nostalgic for a moment, but she’s quick to return to the present. The here and now. What is Bee talking about? Ah, yes, Gracideas.
[break][break]
”Maybe it has to do with the Infinity Energy surge, or with Enamorus’ presence. I have some theories about it based on the descriptions that have been given…” She muses in passing, and then, as if a lightbulb had suddenly lit up over her head, she looks at Bee with excitement.
[break][break]
”Oh! Do you have time next week to stop by with Puck and your Ninetales? I have an idea.”
[break][break]
Naturally, she gives no details, she just smiles brightly – filled with a joy that most people don’t even seem capable of.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 23:09:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It was becoming quite the habit now. Whenever they got to the end of their short meetings, continued to find himself impressed by 's knowledge, jubilant enthusiasm, and deductive wit. She was so young - still in school, even - and yet so much more capable than most others in ROCKET when it came to this sort of thing.

So, when she asked for more of his time, Barnaby didn't even hesitate.

"I'm sure I can pencil you in." He replied, sliding his phone from his pocket and scrolling to a planner app he used to track his hectic schedule.

"Let me see..." A few seconds passed before his cobalt gaze slid up from the screen to meet Ceri's eye. "Mm. How does next Wednesday work, around this same time?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 1:01:22 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

While Bee looks at his phone, Ceri turns her attention to her tablet, reviewing her notes. Whatever reasons the executive may have to be so busy that he needs to pencil her in elude her, and while she has always been curious, she’d much rather not ask.
[break][break]
That’s the way it is with Team Rocket.
[break][break]
Don’t ask people about their private lives and they won’t ask about yours.
[break][break]
Plus, right now she has much more important things in mind. For example: would Shaymin be particularly affected by Enamorus’ SPRINGTIDE STORM?
[break][break]
Only one way to find out!
[break][break]
”Wednesday… Wednesday… Sure, I can do that.” Classes. Work for AEOS. Essay due Thursday. She too is busy, but she too can metaphorically pencil him in for the sake of the M.A.G.M.A Division’s research.
[break][break]
”See you then, Bee!”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 1:04:57 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A SUBJECT M1

SPECIES: 492 Shaymin シェイミ
[break]
[break]
[break]
WEIGHT: 11.5lbs
[break]
HEIGHT: 1'0"
[break]
OWNER: Bee ()
[break][break][break]
APPEARANCE: Species standard for Land Form.
[break]
TEMPERAMENT: Friendly towards both humans and Pokémon. Very food-motivated. Tolerant of examination and sample collection.
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y: Negative
[break]
SHADOW GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
ILLUMINA GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
SPECIAL MOVES: None
[break]
SAMPLES COLLECTED:
  • Pokérus-Y Rapid Antigen Detection
  • Buccal Smear
  • Whole Blood
  • Plasma
  • Tissue
  • Infinity Energy Readings

2022-09-10[break]
RESULTS PENDING

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 7:16:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: