stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 17:56:07 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

They are experiencing a great injustice at present.[break][break]

A great big, terrible no good awful miscarriage of justice at the Lilycove Mall. The security guard eyes Fern skeptically as his eyes move between their face and the ID they hold. “You expect me to believe this is your name? That this is a legitimate ID from Galar?”[break][break]

Fern has no choice but to roll with their misstep. That ID card had been made as a joke for a friend, and their stupidly forgot to remove it from their wallet. The name spot filled in with a boldly stated NAME: EEBY DEEBY. They huff petulantly, and fold their arms as they tilt their chin upward in haughty defiance.[break][break]

Or rather, they try to cross their arms, but a clang and tug at their wrist reminds them that his apparently fancy mall jail and he’s been fastened to the table. How many people try to mess with this place, huh? Who hurt them??[break][break]

“Yes, I do expect it, because it is my name, and really, I find it rather rude that you think it’s unbelievable.”[break][break]

“Mhm, sure. Think I’d better make a call down to the official station. Have someone sent over to talk to you about why you’re here in the first place…Deeby.”[break][break]

Fern is unflappable, shaking their head as their tone shifts into something pleasant and placating. “Oh, I don’t think that’ll be necessary. It was just a little outburst on my part, nothing serious. Surely we can smooth this over.” The mall cop ignores them, and moves out the door. In a huff, they lose their patience and shout “And that’s Mister Deeby to you, sir!” to the shutting door.[break][break]

Ahhh, he was in for it now. Fern slumps back in their chair and awaits their fate. They were able to fire off a SOS from their phone, and was only just able to see a response flash across the screen before their bag was confiscated—phone, wallet, and accompanying pokeball inside.[break][break]

way to go, del. admin cross is on his way.[break][break]

He hasn’t met this admin yet, but he must be a stickler if he’s coming for lil ol’ Fern. Then again, it probably doesn’t bode well to have one of rocket’s forgers detained and being offered up to the actual lilycove PD. Both for causing a scene when caught trying to scam an old lady in the food court, and then for having obviously false identification on hand.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.fern]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5fb2c9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.fern b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.fern]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 3:48:34 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

"cross, sir. we have a problem."

[break][break] jayden looks up from his desk in the rocket submarine, filing through the latest reports that he received from and regarding their missions, when the voice calls to him. all in all, not something unusual in his everyday work, considering his new station.

[break][break] what is unusual, however, is being pulled from his tasks to attend to a new one.

[break][break] 'i'm sorry sir — the process is already in motion. we're not sure if the league is already aware...'

[break][break] an annoyance at best; a travesty at worst. if there is anything that jayden disliked more than interruption to his daily habit, it is incompetence among the lower ranks. and as a person who was in charge of training their recruits, it happened more often than he would have liked. had explained it once to him — weakness was a disease, a parasite that had somehow rooted itself amongst it's grunts, and was still finding it's way out.

[break][break] when jayden appeared at the precinct, he swiped the keys easily from the front desk when the personnel weren't looking. a silent click beneath his breath created a distraction in the front, that allowed him to slip through the back cell doors with ease.

[break][break] when the officer looked up in alarm, they would find themselves face to face with someone as unlike jayden as it could possibly be. a tall, blue-eyed man with snowy white hair, dressed in a league's police officer's uniform. (had he sniped this from ? one might never know.)

[break][break] "sergeant katz! i thought you were on vacation — your wife —"

[break][break] jayden waved them off. "vacation got cut early. i'll handle this."

[break][break] the mall cop looked questionable, but at the gleaming gold badge on the officer's uniform, seemed to think otherwise and scurried off to handle whatever distraction that had been caught up front.

[break][break] it's only then that jayden's gaze turns to the grunt in question — a scathing gaze that was cut short, only by the sight of the other. . this was the grunt?

[break][break] the pause is but a flicker of emotion, fluttering back up to closed authority.

[break][break] he doesn't make a step forward.

[break][break] " ." even saying the other's name sends a flutter up his throat. "care to explain yourself?"
[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(100%); padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img:hover { filter:grayscale(20%); transition:0.2s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 16:31:33 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

While the officer steps out, Fern is not idle. While the cat is away, the mouse will play, and all that. There is a bobby pin tucked into their hair and they pluck it free with ease. The problem, however, is that their left hand is the one cuffed, and that’s their dominant hand. So trying to pick the lock with their right hand is not going so well. He makes a mental note to practice ambidexterity.[break][break]

The door rattles and Fern has to scramble to look inconspicuous, sitting back with a bright smile as their fingers close around the pin. Their hand balls into a fist and they prop their chin on it. Eyes narrowing. “All good? You see the grievance you’ve caused me now, yes?” The mall cop looks unimpressed.[break][break]

‘Looks like they want someone from PD to come speak with you.’[break][break]

Not so chatty now, are they? Fern’s eyes narrow, belying the fact that they’re going through a rundown of a mental list on how to slip loose of this predicament. They are still scrolling through that mental rolodex when a third party enters the scene.[break][break]

A curious glance is sent toward the man in uniform, and Fern has to suppress a forlorn sigh at the understanding that their fate has arrived before any reprieve from the rocket official. Their survey of the man is cursory at best, and they set their sights back on their bag–still woefully across the room and out of reach.[break][break]

It is his voice that snaps Fern back to attention.[break][break]

They know this voice, measured and even. Though now with a thread of authority that resonates in a new way, but not enough to dissuade Fern. But…this isn’t Michail in front of them sending the low station officer away. So who is this with the uncanny voice, if not ?[break][break]

A cold pulse of trepidation comes when they are left alone with him, and pierce of blue eyes pins them to the spot. “Mm, not particularly, no,” they admit in a stupidly honest way, eyes narrowing as they grimace and suck in a sharp breath.[break][break]

This man knows his name. And that alone tells him that this is not whoever Officer Katz is. Which is worse? Interrogation by League officers, or reprimand by pissed off boss?
[break][break]

[newclass=.fern .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.fern .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 7:02:32 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

normally, it would be enough to release the grunt and do reparations later. but because this is — things are different.

[break][break] there are a few minutes before they must depart.

[break][break] he plans to make the most of them.

[break][break] "ha ha," he says, calling upon the persona that rocket has crafted for him. he pulls from the personalities that he's seen other rockets obtain — some satirical, others dreadfully intolerant. "funny."

[break][break] he releases the shackles of his militaristic strictness — the things that make him seem so impossibly kantonian.

[break][break] jayden - or rather, "officer katz" - folds his arm's over his chest.

[break][break] "speak."

[break][break] his gaze gleams like sharpened shrapnel in the light.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(100%); padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img:hover { filter:grayscale(20%); transition:0.2s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 16:47:42 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

Their smile thins, eyes narrowing further. “I am known for my comedic genius, thank you for noticing.” It’s not smart, they know. Responding with nothing but lippy remarks will only land them in further trouble.[break][break]

It’s all a cover, though. Tailored words to dress up the shiver of intimidation that crawls up their spine from the chill in the officer’s tone. The way Fern sees it, responding with nervousness in either situation won’t do him any favors, either.[break][break]

But this is also not the first time they’ve been in the figurative hot seat.[break][break]

They attempt to fold their arms right back at him, but once again, the cuff tugs his arm out of the gesture. How ineffective. Fern’s head tilts in observation, noting the sharpness of Officer Katz’s eyes, the tailored severity that weaves through his words and posture.[break][break]

Because he knew Fern’s name, the forger is fairly certain this is the official sent to spring him from this trap. Is it though? For all he knows, this is one big exercise in reverse psychology and this really is a league official looking for a quick confession by acting the part.[break][break]

Or…a test? Maybe?[break][break]

Well, it certainly wouldn’t do Rocket any good if they have one of their low levels ready to spill all at the slightest of prods. Though it’s not like they really have all that much intel right now. Still, Fern sits back in his seat, free arm propping against the chair back as he clicks his tongue against the back of his teeth. His eyes a cool blue as they travel slowly over the other man, fixating on the gold shine of his badge. “I’ll pass, officer. Thanks though.”[break][break]

Finally, their stare flits back up to his evenly. The thin, prim smile returns.[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 17:04:55 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

it only occurs to him then the mistake that he has made.

[break][break] he has forgotten to introduce himself.

[break][break] "it's admin cross you are speaking with."

[break][break] his gaze shifts then to the sound coming out from the door, which certainly seems to be taking a turn. they have even less time now. he steps forward, swiping the key from the desk and pushing it into the lock. the metal door swings wide —

[break][break] "i'm here to save you."

[break][break] despite the sternness of his tone, jayden can't help but feel a little impressed at the reaction of the other. even under duress, will not break. while he can't help but be surprised at the results, it's the pleasant sort.

[break][break] he offers a hand, palm up, gesturing to the chained wrist. when given, jayden would then slip the key into that slot as well, until it clicks. "you will be questioned on the details later."

[break][break] the admin's gaze shifts to the nearest exit — finding none, he reaches into his pokeball and pulls out his dragapult. a PHANTOM FORCE portal sweeps up before them, darkness and all. jayden offers a hand —

[break][break] "let us go."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 18:50:32 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

“Ah. Hello then, sir.” Some of their distrust slips away, but there’s still a degree of wariness if only because they’re unsure of what they’re in for. What they don’t anticipate is the swing of the door opening.[break][break]

“I’m here to save you.”[break][break]

Fern’s eyebrows climb.[break][break]

“Save me. That so? Not bail me out, skin me alive, etc etc?” They don’t continue to gawk at him, but they do eye him with a bit more curiosity than before. Then that trademark coyness returns to the curl of their lips. “Looks like there’s some chilvalry to found among the ranks of Rocket after all, how noble~”[break][break]

He’s fairly certain there’s nothing to be gained from attempting to ply the admin with charm, but at least he will be able to say he tried, at the very least. And it’s sort of…strange. Almost unbidden in how it happens. Familiar.[break][break]

They shake the nagging thought loose and allow Cross to unlock the cuff. Immediately, they spring for their bag—pulling free the poke all housing their corsola and puffing out a sigh of relief. “Very well,” they respond afterward, straightening up and behaving with a bit more sincerity. “I’m not all that sure why they’ve decided the threat level was so high, though. Honest.”[break][break]

All they had been doing was scamming little old ladies. Or trying, and that was all on their own. Independently.[break][break]

Their eyes light at the sight of the dragapult, and it takes all of their instinct to not immediately fawn over the creature. The portal doesn’t phase them at all—and if they’d had Cecilia had been with them today, they would have used a similar exit. Instead, they place their hand in Admin Cross’s.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 18:06:31 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

his mouth curves, if only so briefly, into a smile at the jest. he forces himself to drop it, reminding himself of the persona that he has to uphold.

[break][break] "that has yet to be determined."

[break][break] the cold, clipped tone paired with a set of metallic eyes meet 's jovial tone.

[break][break] "thing's have been on edge with the meteor coming in the fall. it's not a surprise that they would make such a foolhardy decision, even over something so simple." he pulls from his breast pocket the fake id that he'd swiped from the officer's grip when he's walked by. holding it between two fingers, he turns it towards the grunt and arches a brow. "mr. deeby."

[break][break] the doorknob rattles loudly then. they're out of time.

[break][break] "hey," someone shouts on the other end of it. "why is this locked?!"

[break][break] jayden's fingers close around 's and he ignores the spark that flies along his skin from the touch, and he pulls them into the portal.

[break][break] moments later, they appear on the other side, several feet away and outside of the mall's exit in a corner of the parking lot. with a click of his tongue, his dragapult sweeps towards the sky to survey the area, just to make sure they're safe.

[break][break] in turn, jayden decides to turn to the grunt.

[break][break] "now. explain to me what happened."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 19:33:36 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

They earned a smile from the admin. Short lived as it is, it feels like a bit of an accomplishment given the current situation. Fern nearly pulls a mockingly stern look when the amusement filters away from ’s face, coupled with a muttered so serious, but they bite down on it.[break][break]

Best save the ribbing for when they don’t feel as if they’re inching across thin ice.[break][break]

Again, those cold eyes send a flicker of wariness through them, and even this feels uncanny. Fern isn’t sure why, given the fact that he’s never seen this man before. Maybe it’s just the feeling produced that they recognize. Must be.[break][break]

Internally, intimidation shivers through him again, but he keeps his gaze level and neutral. The playful slips away, but there is a reason he is who he is, and it’s not because he’s ever let genuine fear shine through his composure.[break][break]

“Hm, that makes sense, I suppose.” Their brows furrow in thought, chewing on their lip as they consider. And really, though they don’t have any pertinent information dealing with official business, they have been making more fake documentation for the group since they were onboarded.[break][break]

Legally, this should probably stay hush, they figure.[break][break]

Not that Fern had intended on talking. They can’t help the wink that follows the other’s scrutiny of his fake id. “That's my name, don’t wear it out.”[break][break]

It’s all very thrilling, isn’t it though? The rush of the door rattling, the plunge into darkness with only the warmth of a palm in theirs as a singular tether. Less appealing, being spit out in a parking lot. Not picturesque at all.[break][break]

Fern plucks the pokeball from their bag again, releasing their galarian corsola. “We were just working on the illusionary part of her night shade. Figured if I could convince some unsuspecting people at the food court that they were really seeing bits of their future, or a figure from their past, I could make some extra cash.” They shrug, eyes wide.[break][break]

“That’s really all there is to it. I just had the misfortune of having an obvious fake on my person, as opposed to my other, more convincing fake. Security caught on and nabbed me before I could poof away.” They conclude, and turn to the admin to await their fate.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 15:40:29 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

he listens to the story that crafts for him. even he cannot help but feel a tinge of feeling for him, the admiration that fills him unfiltered, as he thinks about the creative methods that their grunts may be going to, all to ensure the success of their organization.

[break][break] or perhaps that is how jayden sees things — how he has always seen things — when it comes to his home called rocket.

[break][break] his brow arches with amusement. "delaney, do you have career as a seer?" while the application of a nightshade was certainly admirable, jayden cannot say he has held any affection for psychics or seers. which might seem ironic, considering his adoration for ghost types.

[break][break] he shakes his head, ridding himself of his thoughts. "your punishment will come later. for now, we must get out of here."

[break][break] jayden's gaze lifts as his dragapult returns, reporting the coast to be clear. the admin steps forward, about to start their journey across the asphalt, when there is a loud voice that interrupts them.

[break][break] "hey! you there! halt!"

[break][break] how unfortunate.

[break][break] jayden's gaze widens, however, as the police officer who chases them down releases their hound on them. the houndoom comes for them, biting and snarling, and releases a cascade of flames towards .

[break][break] acting on instinct rather than thought, the admin reaches for the other's wrist to tug him towards him, away from the flames. the movement causes his wig to be askew, and then fall off his head completely, revealing nothing more than a dark head of hair. "vagahn!" the dragapult descends from the skies then, a storm of DRAGON DARTS raining down on the police officer and his canine.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 17:24:49 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

A bark of laughter follows the question asked of them, and Fern is quick to shake his head. “No, not at all, Cross, sir. It’s all parlor tricks. An illusionist at best.” In practice, on paper. He grins, shrugging again as he dares to look up at the admin with a slight degree more confidence. They have always been superstitious, sure, but they themselves? They can’t channel a damn thing.[break][break]

A sigh of defeat follows, and they droop in mild resignation. “Suppose it was too much to hope for a slap on the wrist,” they say with a snort, but there’s little protest. But of course, it can’t be so simple.[break][break]

They’ve really made a mess of things, haven’t they? Fern has always considered themselves the sort to have a built in lucky rabbit’s foot. Or that they’re the luck itself. But maybe that’s expired because this is about as catastrophic as things can get for being trapped in mall jail. There’s a blaze of glory and everything! The full works.[break][break]

But then Fern feels their center of gravity shift, fingers closing around their wrist and Fern knows that feeling. The weight of this grasp. But rather than being forced away from contact, they find themselves pulled in–a startled yelp echoing somewhere in the blur of movement. They bump into his side, eyes blown wide and confused.[break][break]

“Th-” they start, but their gratitude is muted by the command given to the dragapult still up above the scene. It is then that Fern glances up, only for their startled expression to shift into a frown. Silvery white falls away, and leaves tousled umbra in its place. It’s not the time or place, but their free hand darts up to pat at his hair in obvious confusion. “What is this??”[break][break]

The hail of darts distracts them from their impromptu inspection. The frenzy of the moment prevents confirmation of what they’ve begun to put together from sinking in. “Join in, Cora!” he calls out then, and the corsola skitters into movement, their POWER GEM shooting a heavy blast of bright, shimmering (and practically blinding.,) light toward the houndoom and obscuring the officer’s vision.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 18:35:36 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

bright flames cascade through the air as the FIRE SPIN from the opposing houndoom bursts forward. pain scalded his hand and wrist from where he'd been unable to move in time, too concerned with the wellbeing of the other to consider his movements properly.

[break][break] jayden pulls to his chest, gaze pinned towards their intruders, too focused on the alarming situation developing before them to even realize that his disguise has fallen. foreign fingers tousle themselves in his hair and even as the other expresses his alarm, jayden only glances briefly at him, before back at their intruder.

[break][break] blindness greets him as the POWER GEM scours through the air in the form of a beam; the yelp from the houndoom and his captor echoes just in time. jayden takes the opening when he sees it, grabbing fern's wrist and calling his dragapult to him with a sharp whistle.

[break][break] the dragapult blurs with AGILITY before yet another PHANTOM FORCE portal opens up before them. vaghagn disappears through it in a flash of light, and jayden drags with him, heart lurching as they're deposited through it.

[break][break] he tries not to use go through a phantom force more than once a day if he can help it — especially not in such arduous conditions. it makes the heart weaker, having to be forced through such dimensional travel.

[break][break] "are you okay?" he asks a bit breathlessly to when they appear on the other side, unaware of the scalding burn on his hand.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 22:53:34 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

Flames lick close, but Fern feels nothing but the billow of heat. Sparks might crisp up the edges of their jacket but nothing more. Not when they are held secure against the admin, curled into that study security he provides.[break][break]

It’s enough to make his heart thump with adrenaline. It doesn’t fully click—not until he looks down at Fern in passing acknowledgement, and it doesn’t matter what the shade of his eyes are. There’s no obscuring his identity now. is paying attention to their surroundings, but Fern is watching him.[break][break]

Everything moves fast then, but for Fern it slows to a crawl. The close of fingers around his wrist again. The flash of his corsola’s POWER GEM, and the pull toward another portal. He barely recalls Cora to her ball in time as Admin Cross pulls him through to what is hopefully safety, his heart lurching in his chest with the travel.[break][break]

Fern is also struggling to catch their breath, but they nod rapidly. “Yeah. Yeah, I’m fine. A little singed maybe, but where are we?” They ask, but it’s not a question they’re giving much attention to, in favor of checking over.[break][break]

Their eyes rake over him in assessment, then freeze on the state of his hand. “Michail. You’re burned.” They point at his hand, finally speaking the name that’s been stuck in their head since he grabbed their hand and pulled them in. Since the disguise fell apart. If they are wrong in their guess, then they’re wrong. But it feels properly assigned in the moment.[break][break]

He holds out his hands in offering for the other to place his wrist in them, and a small frown settles on his face. Guilt and embarrassment harden heavy like a stone in Fern’s stomach.[break][break]

This is on him.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 5:21:54 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

later, he will regret it.

[break][break] he will chastise himself for letting his emotions get the better of him. he will punish himself for making an error simply because of an impulse.

[break][break] that is later. for now, he is glad to find in one piece, so much so that he doesn't even acknowledge his own injuries.

[break][break] jayden blinks, glancing around. they are far away from the mall this time - he can still feel the lurch in his heart from where they were torn from the portal - but they are still in lilycove city. it seems that they are in the middle of an alleyway, caught between two buildings that he is not aware of, but at the very least, they are far from the immediate threat.

[break][break] "it seems we are eastward of our original location," he comments.

[break][break] jayden is distracted in trying to figure out exactly where they are, so he places his injured hand in the other's without much thought. it is only a moment later that he realizes —

[break][break] his heart lurches like a hummingbird in his throat.

[break][break] "you know."
[attr="class","ooc"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
&run. [m]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 16:58:29 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fern"]

“It would seem we are, yes.” Fern looks around, and he sighs quietly, shoulders sagging as some of the tension from the situation eases away. He should probably take his leave quickly, make his way back across the bay to Sootopolis before his access routes get blocked. But he can’t move away.[break][break]

Not yet.[break][break]

Gingerly, Fern turns his wrist in their hands, examining the burn. Fingers only just ghosting over the worst parts of the burn. It’s not terrible, or as bad as it could have been. But it’s still not a pretty wound, is it? “I’m sorry, you got this because of me,” they mutter, still fixated on reddened skin rather than his face. “Put honey on this. It’ll be better than any topical medicine.”[break][break]

Their head tilts, and despite the guilt still filtering through them over being the cause of this whole ordeal, they can’t help the laugh that slips free. Quiet, and a little disbelieving. Again, they reach up to tousle the dark locks of his hair. “Yeah, I mean, the disguise is a little less convincing without the wig.”[break][break]

What they don’t include is the mention of those little indefinable tugs of familiarity. The flickered bursts of recognition they can’t exactly put a reason to.[break][break]

Instead– “The icy blue is a good look, but I think I prefer your natural violet.” Further teasing they can’t help but to indulge, albeit a bit sheepishly so as they glance up again through the hang of their lashes.[break][break]

With the confirmation, this is where the embarrassment sets in. Because this is someone they know, and strangely value the opinion of. And all they’ve done is look like a fool in front of him. And not just him, but also an admin.

[break][break]