Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
M.A.G.M.A RESEARCH: SHAYMIN (LAND)
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 16:30:03 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Almost exactly one week later, Barnaby was back in ROCKET's Sootopolis lab, again accompanied by his little SHAYMIN. As requested, Bijou was also apart of their visit today. Instead of being perched on his shoulder, this time Puck clung to the back of the NINETALES' nape, acting like quite the dignified rider. His pudgy body bounced up and down with each stride as Bijou kept pace with her owner's accelerated gait.

Barnaby was running somewhat behind - a snafu at the broadcasting station that needed to be taken care of - so when he finally entered the lab, he expected to already be waiting for him.

"Apologies, I got hung up at the office longer than I intended." He called out, holding the door for his Pokémon to enter. Once they were both inside he'd approach the awaiting researcher with an apologetic smile.

"Now, what was it you had in mind for today?"

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #2
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 17:06:35 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

It’s one of the testing rooms this time; reinforced, white from floor to ceiling, and almost completely empty.
[break][break]
Standing near the centre of it is the researcher; clad in the expected lab coat while beneath it her attire might be considered to be somewhat “questionable”. At least she has long sleeves this time. At least her hair is in a top bun. Are the more subtle choices due to the fact that this is Blackstone Labs?
[break][break]
By her side there’s a camera on a tripod. She holds her phone, being in the middle of sending a text message when steps into the room. Oh well, looks like will have to wait for the rest of her emoji onslaught.
[break][break]
”You’re good! I don’t think this’ll take too long.” She beams, and the phone goes in one of the pockets of her lab coat. ”Okey dokey! Sooo… Question! Have you ever had Bijou here use SPRINGTIDE STORM with Puck nearby?”
[break][break]
Simple enough, right?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡[break][break]
M.A.G.M.A SECTOR A - RESEARCH ♡

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 18:08:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
As soon as they entered the testing chamber, Puck scrambled down from his perch atop Bijou and scuttled over to Ceri. He sniffed around her shoes, her socks, her ankles. Subtle squeaks could be heard with every exhale.

Although it might not have been obvious to the researcher, Barnaby knew that his little SHAYMIN was on the lookout for treats. Sans-whipped cream, Puck figured that Ceri might have something delicious for him this time.

"I have not." He gave Ceri a curious look. Meanwhile, Barnaby's NINETALES sidled up beside him upon hearing her name, pressing her shoulder into his hip.

"Does this have something to do with the possible Pokérus transmission we discussed before?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 19:37:36 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Puck’s nose has not betrayed him, for there are treats in the scientist’s pocket. Sadly, Ceri cares little for spoiling most pokémon, and right now the Shaymin has earned none in her opinion. Thus, she just smiles down at him, brightly and sweetly.
[break][break]
”Nope, nothing to do with Pokérus!”
[break][break]
How to explain this?
[break][break]
It’s at this point that she reaches down, gently picking up Puck and taking him to a spot where he’ll be within the camera’s frame.
[break][break]
”To put it simply, analysis of Shaymin samples and SPRINGTIDE STORM samples suggested they might interact in theresting ways. I want to see what might happen.”
[break][break]
Are Bee’s pokémon guinea pigs to her?
[break][break]
Absolutely.
[break][break]
Valuable ones, but guinea pigs all the same.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 19:51:59 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The floral hedgehog did little to protest his sudden departure from the floor. Actually, he even gave Ceri's fingers an inquisitive lick - a cute gesture, but really he was just tasting to see if there was any food in her hands. When he was placed once again to the ground, a look from Barnaby told Puck he was not to move just yet.

"Ooohh~ Alright, you've piqued my curiosity." Barnaby responded, interest evident in his tone. Bijou seemed unfazed, although she did watch as Ceri walked back from where she'd just deposited the SHAYMIN.

"I'm ready when you are." By this point he'd instructed his NINETALES to stay while Barnaby himself stepped back a good distance. He wasn't sure what would happen, but it didn't hurt to give the 'guinea pigs' space to do their thing.

Then, on Ceri's cue, Barnaby ordered:

"Bijou - Springtide Storm!"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 22:08:38 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

She makes sure the cameras are recording, that all measuring devices are working as intended, and that everything is ready. Only then does she turn to look at Barnaby. He has her attention in passing.
[break][break]
”Yup! We’re good to go!”
[break][break]
SPRINGTIDE STORM brings upon a powerful gale, and Ceri finds herself glad she had stepped out of the way… and that she decided to tie up her hair today. Wise move! The few loose brunette strands dance in the wind, and all around her, she can see the same kind of petals she had taken samples from previously.
[break][break]
But, the most amazing part is what happens to the Shaymin.
[break][break]
In the wind, it transforms.
[break][break]
Puck grows in size, glowing as if he were evolving. His body becomes long and slender, and the pink petals that had once covered his ears are replaced by long ones at his neck. His ears change too, now long and winglike.
[break][break]
”Ha! I knew it! Sky Forme!” Ceri recognizes it immediately, having met ’s Sky Forme Shaymin before.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 23:55:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He'd expected something spectacular, and Ceri certainly didn't disappoint. Amidst the whirling storm of leaves, somehow a transformative energy spurred on a miraculous metamorphosis.

Puck was lifted into the air by the force of the wind and, surprisingly, didn't seem injured or even concerned by Bijou's attack. Instead, he appeared invigorated: he stretched out his limbs, allowing the energy to travel up to the core of his body until he was entirely enveloped. Ears and legs elongated, his once chubby stomach slimmed, and his flowers shifted to form an ascot-like adornment.

"Incredible!" Barnaby breathed out, his cobalt eyes going wide as the storm began to settle. He watched as Puck, without missing a beat, began to fly around the testing chamber. It was large enough to house a STEELIX, and thus had enough room for him to show off his new moves.

"Sky Forme, you said? Ceri, how did you know this would happen?" He'd have never put two-and-two together himself.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 0:45:34 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Circumstantial evidence at first!” She’s busy writing notes on her tablet while getting a few good looks at Puck here and there, but she does acknowledge Barnaby’s question.
[break][break]
”You know, the timing between the appearance of Enamorus and this floating Shaymin island you mentioned was a little too convenient, so I looked online for a few more accounts and some of the things mentioned reminded me of SPRINGTIDE STORM. After that, I had a look at the samples I took from the move itself and compared them to Puck’s samples, and while the petals in SPRINGTIDE STORM aren’t exactly Gracidea petals, I found that there was potential for an interesting reaction.”
[break][break]
As per usual, explanations are spoken with a smile, and it’s at this point that she reaches into her pocket and grabs a treat to offer to the flying Shaymin. It’s placed on her palm, then raising her hand in the air.
[break][break]
”Enamorus is likely a deity, yeah? Of Spring? I figured it could have some connection to Shaymin, who live in flower fields.”
[break][break]
She looks at Barnaby then, and in her gaze there’s pure excitement.
[break][break]
”Not much is known about how they change forms, though! Do you think another SPRINGTIDE STORM will make him change back?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 1:30:03 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Once again, she had an answer prepared that, when explained, made perfect sense to . It made him wonder what had spurred on the SHAYMINs' appearance throughout the region, though.

As Barnaby mulled over these thoughts, Puck spotted Ceri's outstretched hand and immediately divebombed toward it. His speed in flight was staggering and the nimbleness of his movements a delight to behold. Just before it seemed he would crash into the scientist, his winged ears unfurled at the last second, leaving him hovering just in front of her.

Delicately, he plucked the offered treat from her palm.

"Not much is known about how they change forms, though! Do you think another SPRINGTIDE STORM will make him change back?"

To this Barnaby smiled conspiratorially, gestured for Bijou to step up, and replied, "Only one way to find out."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 2:13:16 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Great!”
[break][break]
And, that’s exactly what it proves to be, because just as Ceri had anticipated, when Puck finishes his treat and she steps away, a second SPRINGTIDE STORM on the Ninetales’ part causes the Shaymin to transform once again. Back to his Land Forme.
[break][break]
”Awesome! Testing more circumstances would be great, but I think they both earned themselves a break, no? Thanks for the help, Bee. I can send you a copy of my report once it’s done, if you want.”
[break][break]
It’s a discovery that directly affects two of his pokémon, after all.
[break][break]
”Oh! You might wanna monitor them to check if there’s any other lasting effects.”
[break][break]
Will there be?
[break][break]
Only time will tell.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 2:22:34 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A SUBJECT M1

SPECIES: 492 Shaymin シェイミ
[break]
[break]
[break]
WEIGHT: 11.5lbs
[break]
HEIGHT: 1'0"
[break]
OWNER: Bee ()
[break][break]
APPEARANCE: Species standard for Land Forme and Sky Forme.
[break]
TEMPERAMENT: Friendly towards both humans and Pokémon. Very food-motivated. Tolerant of examination and sample collection.
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y: Negative
[break]
SHADOW GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
ILLUMINA GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
SPECIAL MOVES: None
[break][break]
SPRINGTIDE STORM:
Testing the effects of the move SPRINGTIDE STORM (Granted by the entity referred to as "ENAMORUS" to certain Pokémon at the Fleur Tea Atelier in April 2022) has determined that being struck by it causes a SHAYMIN to CHANGE FORMES.
[break][break]

[break][break][break][break][break][break][break]
Be it from LAND FORME to SKY FORME or vice versa, the move always has such an effect on the GRATITUDE POKÉMON.
[break][break]
Shaymin will be observed for any other lasting effects of SPRINGTIDE STORM.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

SHAYMIN will be OBSERVED for any other possible lasting effects of SPRINGTIDE STORM.
[break][break]
Relation between SHAYMIN and ENAMORUS must be further studied. Believed to be in some part due to its potential of being a spring deity and Shaymin's own affinity with the season.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 3:36:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: