[attr="class","hearticoninjured"]
[attr="class","heartnoteboxinjured"]
[attr="class","heartnotesinjured"]

notes

[attr="class","heartsideinjured"]

[attr="class","hearttaginjured"]

[attr="class","hearttextboxinjured"]

[attr="class","hearttextinjured"]
Not having to answer immediately was enough for Locke to decide that, methods of getting there aside, Lopez was indeed a better than "pushy, wordy people".

[break][break]

How many of those people had needed to hound the other man like they did the Dross-Vestris though? The decision must've been easy for someone who was already the Champion at the time.

[break][break]

In fact, many of the members Locke knew of seemed to have already held positions within the League prior to becoming Avatars, and therefore needed little incentive to take on the extra responsibilities of being government-sanctioned superheroes.

[break][break]

But the incentives were there.

[break][break]

"…How much is 'a lot,' just for reference?" they asked tentatively, not taking their eyes off the shipping label denoting the box of magnets in front of them.

Nano

[newclass=.heartinjured]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#5A5F69; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpicinjured] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #5A5F69, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/VrFl8y8.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticoninjured] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/aJwVOYR.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpkmnlistinjured] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartpkmninjured] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#5A5F69; border:solid 1px #00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextboxinjured] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured b] color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartsideinjured] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnoteboxinjured] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#fff; border:solid 1px #00917D; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesinjured] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttaginjured] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#fff; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholderinjured] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #00917D; padding:10px; border-right-color: #FFFFFF; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesinjured::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotesinjured::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
inventory [c]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 19:33:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he thought he was going to get away easy, but at least the question was something he had an interest to too.

"well, i can't say the exact numbers, but i guess you i can say i'm down to retire as soon as the contract ends. and that's already counting my hobby of getting games on release."

a hand rubs the back of his neck as he tries to recall the rest of what the offer entails.

"that's not counting the medical services and an all-encompassing insurance for the duration of the contract. it's minimal work for me too. they only get you once a week at most. payment still comes even if they don't call for your services."

speaking of services...

"oh, yeah, work is usually just things people already go to anyways regardless of whether their paid or not. sootopolis' invasion, the darkest day, you know, the events where you were at but still chose not to run away from despite the danger? it's those kinds of things, so it's not like anything changes for people under their employ. they always preach about avatar safety too, so they can't yell at you for getting out of a situation like that anyways."

kyle stretches as he finds enjoyment in counting his blessings, although it appears as if he's just starting to ramble on since he's always wanted to let these feelings off his chest for a while now. a yawn comes afterwards as a natural response.

"tl;dr, it's basically boatloads of free money. best part is the authority card, but you didn't hear that from me."

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
inventory [c]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 4:36:31 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heartinjured"]
[attr="class","heartpicinjured"]
[attr="class","heartpkmnlistinjured"]

[attr="class","heartpkmninjured"]

[attr="class","hearticonholderinjured"]

notes

That was, of course, assuming one stuck around to retirement, Locke thought, recalling the short list of those who'd already lost their status or were just simply lost.

[break][break]

Still…the courier couldn't even begin to imagine the comical amount of money necessary to retire at such an early age. And while Hoenn was no doubt a cesspool of danger and disaster with an endless rogue's gallery of regional, interregional, and interdimensional threats, the region's greatest catastrophes were more of a bimonthly occurrence than a weekly one.

[break][break]

His goals during such events tended not to fully align with the League's, however-mostly because his goal was usually finding a nice hidey-hole to curl up and try not to die in.

[break][break]

Was he desperate? Yes.

[break][break]

But a stalwart hero of the region he was not.

[break][break]

"I'll, uh, keep all that in mind," he decided indecisively. "But if that's your pitch, then I think I'm ready wrap things up here."

Nano

[newclass=.heartinjured]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background:#5A5F69; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpicinjured] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #5A5F69, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/VrFl8y8.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticoninjured] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/aJwVOYR.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpkmnlistinjured] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartpkmninjured] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#5A5F69; border:solid 1px #00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextboxinjured] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartsideinjured] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnoteboxinjured] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#fff; border:solid 1px #00917D; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesinjured] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttaginjured] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#fff; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholderinjured] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #00917D; padding:10px; border-right-color: #FFFFFF; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextinjured::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesinjured::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotesinjured::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#00917D; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
inventory [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 3:55:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's good. we both get to return to whatever thing we're supposed to do now."

kyle turns to his lycanroc. a stare is enough to get his message across. rocks hitting the harbor tiles sound from a distance as stealth rock is disabled.

"just remember you're always free to inquire at the league if you have more questions i forgot to answer," he mentions as he takes his phone out, "but other than that, feel free to live your life whichever way you want."

he sends a text message to slateport pd, preferring it over calls since it wasn't urget, nor did he really like talking. he awkwardly looks back to locke as he waits for a response.

"but, er, i actually have to stay until they get these guys detained. i don't really have a, uh, good line to end this conversation with, so feel free to just go if you aren't interested."

he'll just be awkward if he stays without a topic that he's interested in to discuss after all.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
inventory [c]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 17:16:50 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heartinjured"]
[attr="class","heartpicinjured"]
[attr="class","heartpkmnlistinjured"]

[attr="class","hearticonholderinjured"]

notes

The cage opened, and Locke could finally breathe again.

[break][break]

Over all, the conversation didn't go as poorly as he'd imagined, but he still shifted impatiently as he waited for it to end. Latias seemed to sense her ward's lingering discomfort, pressing her illusory head into his hand until he could sooth his fingers in the soft down between her ears.

[break][break]

The courier wasted no time in boarding the disguised legendary as soon as permission was given, but did hesitate before taking off, gaze lingering on the champion's phone.

[break][break]

"If, um, you need to get a hold of me at some point, I don't have a phone right now, so the Delibird Deliveries' email is best," they offered awkwardly. "I won't make any promises, but, uh, yeah."

[break][break]

With that out of the way, the courioer took off, not really caring where they went at this point, so long as they could get away from the buzzing anxiety in their head.

Nano

[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
inventory [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 0:39:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: