dream sweet in sea major [c]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 4:28:03 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Someone is watching her.[break][break]

The Splashfest is nearing its final days; reverie reaches a fever pitch as citizens party with abandon or try drowning their anxieties with drink.
And Luka does her best to join their number, wearing a carefree smile to the best of her ability as the weight of an uncertain future sags upon tense shoulders. Some days are easier than others, and booze helps. But try as she might she can't shake the gnawing anxiety that tears up her stomach, nor the creeping shiver up her spine whenever she's alone during the festivities.[break][break]
At first she thinks herself paranoid. The hairs at the back of her neck stand on end, but there's never anything behind her when she turns around. But sometimes, out of the corner of her eyes, she sees it. Shadows moving within shadows, deeper patches of night flickering in and out of her vision like floaters during a migraine.[break][break]
She feels it now as she makes her way home— it only ever happens when she's alone. The grip on her purse tightens, which is silly, for certainly a pickpocket would have struck by now. Perhaps, if need be, she can use the bag as a weapon; a bold thought for a girl who's never struck someone else before.[break][break]
"Hello?" She chirps into the darkness like a songbird, a sweet pitch masking the tremble in her voice. "Is anybody there?"[break][break]
Her Musharna floats idly by her side, bleeding tendrils of dream mist around her feet. Incorporeal as it is, it still brings Luka comfort. She clears her throat and calls again. "Hello?"
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 3:12:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

someone was watching her.[break][break]
two someones, actually.[break][break]
”hello.”[break][break]
at first, the voice would come seemingly from nowhere—but she didn’t remain a shadow for long.[break][break]
”good see you again, .”[break][break]
lulu’s lips pulled into a smile as she rose from a patch darkness cast by a nearby tree. her face may have seemed vaguely friendly at a glance, but there was something undeniably fiendish about it.[break][break]
”enjoying the festival?”

[attr="class","ooc] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-darkrai"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 5:44:06 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"...Hi."[break][break]

Luka comes to a sudden halt, staring at the other woman like a Deerling in headlights. The hairs on the back of her neck stand on edge and her movements are stilted, tense. Fight or flight settles deep in her bones but, conflicted, threatens to simply tear her in twain.[break][break]

Dream mist rises to obscure her form, masking her in a pinkish haze. But Luka doesn't attempt to flee, not yet.[break][break]

For as much as this woman frightens her, she's fascinated in equal measure. The Darkrai that the Rocket wields makes up half of the Lunar Duo, after all. It's her closet connection to Cresselia, barring the lunar wing hidden under her blouse.[break][break]

"How do you know my—" She swallows, mouth dry. "I-I'm sorry, I don't think I ever caught your name."

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 6:21:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”lulu.”[break][break]
she stalked a little closer before folding her arms and staring through the dark.[break][break]
”you don’t exactly make yourself difficult to find, you know.” billboards, ads, public appearances, contests and competitions… ”not that you have any reason to hide. at least, not from me.”[break][break]
luka hadn’t answered her question, but that was fine. she’d move on to the next.[break][break]
”i heard you saw a darkrai in the cloud.” rocket’s reports of all three terminals had been made accessible, after all. my darkrai has actually taken an interest in you…”[break][break]
”it says you’re tied to cresselia in some way.” a pause. ”how?”

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 0:14:16 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Lulu. Luka. She might have laughed if there was room for anything other than growing terror in the pit of her stomach.[break][break]

And it does make sense- her face is plastered all over Hoenn. What's more mysterious is how she knows what Luka had seen in the Cloud, and why Darkrai would be interested in her at all. The version she had met there had been holographic, false. But if the Nightmare Pokemon can detect, even slightly, the artifact tucked around her neck...[break][break]

She'd like to believe that a mythical Pokemon, even one apparently sided with Rocket, might remain neutral on most matters. It's the woman tied to them that she knows she can't trust.[break][break]

"Ummm..."[break][break]

She chooses her words carefully, sounding them out in her head before they leave her throat. Lying to this woman feels like a very dangerous mistake, but so does telling her the truth. Dealing with rockets is a treacherous game.[break][break]

"I'm not sure what you mean. I...admire her." Not a lie. "I only saw her once in Hoenn...a while ago." Not a lie. "But I wouldn't say I'm tied to her."[break][break]

The last isn't a lie, not entirely. Perhaps she might have bonded herself to the celestial that she'd met in another universe with , but is that enough to link her to the one that exists here? Was her sacrifice back then even enough to consider them linked at all? Luka has never considered herself very important— as transient as a flower petal drifting on the breeze. It's never occurred to her that the lunar wing they'd parted with could be considered as anything more than a gift.[break][break]

But rather than elaborate, Luka poses a question of her own.[break][break]

"Y-you must be tied to Darkrai in some way then, right?" It's an easy enough conjecture. "And they and Cresselia...are connected too. S-so why do you need me anyways?"

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 22:13:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

with a discerning eye, lulu attempted to read what she could through the shadows lingering under curling pink hair. cresselia had been in hoenn? a real one? now that was exciting news.[break][break]
”ah, but darkrai says you are.”[break][break]
ultimately, there was no way to know if luka was lying—but she was sure of one thing: darkrai wouldn’t lie to her.[break][break]
why did she need luka?[break][break]
”i don’t.”[break][break]
did she?[break][break]
”connected as they may be, cresselia is its own creature. they have been apart.” at least, from what she could gather. ”it is time for them to reunite. i’m merely hoping you might be able to point us in the right direction. to save us some time.” [break][break]
”and i think you can.”

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 23:00:07 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
The lunar wing around Luka's neck feels heavier and she glances nervously over at Darkrai, wondering if they can sense it, wondering if they can tell she isn't telling the whole truth. Plum's dream mist continues to billow around her; a comforting shield, but an intransient one. Luka takes a step back instinctively.[break][break]

"W-why should I help you?" she asks, attempting to harden her tone in a way that doesn't quite work. "You're in Team Rocket. T-there's no way I can trust you."[break][break]

Pokemon are not good nor evil creatures by design. What shapes them are the trainers that wield them. The tragedy of Rocket, Luka believes, is how they shape such innocent beings into tools of violence and force them to be pawns in a conflict that has nothing to do with them.[break][break]

Lulu's offering is enticing, if only because it's probably her best chance of meeting Cresselia again. And Darkrai might truly want nothing more than to reunite with their companion. But she can't trust the other woman not to twist such a meeting to suit her own confounding agenda.[break][break]

"If she wanted to see Darkrai again, she would," Luka declares, forcing a bravado that she doesn't quite feel. "Maybe she just doesn't want to be on your side."

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 4:45:47 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”i suppose that’s fair, isn’t it?” she sighed, pacing a step.[break][break]

”but things are changing, luka. the world is crumbling all around us. do you put your whole faith in the league? they’ve failed, time and time again, at merely keeping this region safe.”[break][break]

her head shook, as though disappointed by luka’s judgment.[break][break]

”my side is salvation. a future for humanity. it’s all that i want, and it’s something i believe cresselia can help with.”[break][break]

a low growl passed by, like a deep, dark wind across gravel. the shadow of darkrai shifted around its patron, and curious realization suddenly sparked in her face.[break][break]

”what’s that around your neck?”