awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
The Hero of Johto [S][C/Alexei]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 6:15:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Why did his head suddenly hurt? What was going on?

For a few moments, there was a distant noise of dark laughter ringing in his ears as the other continued talking, was causing him to force himself to keep his eyes closed for much longer than he’d like.

“I… remember little, of what h-happened there,” he hissed as he pressed the palms of his hands into his eyes, the better to relieve the pressure that was building up in the back of his head; the signs of an oncoming migraine.

A soft bleating noise shattered the silence as William (yes, the ovine with the crown accessory) approached where his ‘herd master’ was seated on the couch, leaning his weight on one of Alexei’s legs; an attempt to calm the man down.

‘Baa,’ the ovine would say, parking his fluffy ass close to where the other man sat.

“I… I remember, after your Gym Challenge,” he continued quietly, taking a measured breath; the better to control his panic. “You told me, about how you wanted to ride… Raikou.”

Another measured breath, followed by a deeper one that made him flinch for a few moments as he blinked hard again, willing the pounding in his head to go away, at least for now as he opened his eyes once again.

“Ugh… that… that shit, hurt. But. I’m alright now,” he went on, resuming his former position as he bent down to pick up the piece of paper that had fallen.

“That… that stanza, can. Can you run it by me again?”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 6:48:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
That explained everything. Alex had to have been there, too. But that was enough of that topic. Recalling the events of the Cloud left him in physical pain, even beyond the mental and spiritual agony that attempted to shake Josh's faith that he was the one Raikou was seeking, though it ended up galvanizing it in the end. "I'm glad you're okay. But sure, I'll repeat it. It's a tale that's a little different depending on what part of the world you hear it from. This is the version I've known." He closed his eyes to visualize the tale in his mind.

A deep, deep valley blocks the way.
If you can cross, go ahead, I say.
The scary valley likes to brag,
"No one can cross my rocky crags!"
What nonsense speaks the silly valley?
For Great Raikou, it's one bound.
Hero on its back, just one bound.

"Like I said, the valley is symbolic for something serious. It's symbolic of a horrible war that nearly tore the human race apart. This was when humans first learned how to tame Pokémon, and they did it without Poké Balls, centuries in the past." If Alex recalled his visit to the Braviary's Nest with , a lot of the story would share motifs with the lore of the original Birdkeepers--his ancient ancestors.

"As the war dragged on and on," Josh continued, "the remaining troops had more and more powerful Pokémon. If the war continued much longer, no one would have a home to return to. That's when three heroes chosen by the gods swept through the battleground. One of them rode on Raikou's back, one on Entei, and one on Suicune. The three, working together, forced the warring nations to an armistice."

Josh re-opened his eyes. "And that's it. Those three sound a lot like the Avatars of Hoenn, don't they?"

{WC: 312}
{PC: 9}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Blitz         Luxray         Good
Raiden        Zebstrika      Good
Bladestorm    Skarmory       Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 7:44:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I find it strange, though.”

He finished scratching down the rest of the ‘verse’, before looking over it once again.

“Normally, with passages like this…” he trailed off, tapping the paper with his pen, “…they usually have a rhyming scheme to them. It just… it doesn’t follow that pattern, though.”

Then again, the stories that he’d collected about the djinni from back home were many—varied, even—none of them agreed on a singular source either, as to who came from what.

At the mention of ‘peace’, though, his brows furrowed.

“You said armistice, but it was… forced. Is that the end of the tale, or is there more to it?”

He couldn’t help but shiver a little, though, because the dark, snide laughter was cackling softly in the darkest recesses of his mind. Like it wanted something from him.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 7:55:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh sighed. "Could be a translation issue from another language. Maybe it rhymed in the original language it was written in." He wished there was more to the tale. "No, that's it. That's what gods tend to do; they get their way, or the world starts breaking, and fast. That's all I have to share about them. Every region has their own stories about them." Josh ran his hand over his mount's fur, his hand briefly standing on end from the static, though he was quite used to it. As it turned out, riding Electric-type Pokémon made one quite used to having static coursing through oneself!

"Every region seems to have different stories about them," Josh reiterated, forgetting he just said that. "Have you heard any stories of the Sacred Beasts from Hoenn? Or anything of the like? I want to learn as much about them as I can."

{WC: 150}
{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 8:11:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“That… makes sense,” he nodded quietly. “Shit tends to get lost in translation, that much is certain. I mean…”

He then gestured to the battered notebook that was under the piece of paper that was full of what looked like unintelligible scribbles, but to him made perfect sense.

“Lots of stories get lost… and corrupted over time. Which is a sad truth, especially if they’re just passed down by word of mouth and not written down…”

He then added some more notes to the paper that was already pretty much full at this point.

And then, another question—

“I know of a few, I even saw what I think was… one of the ‘Weather Trio’ during the Three-Day War that happened.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 8:28:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"The Three-Day War..." Josh mused. "Gimme a bit." Given his return to Hoenn was recent, being right before the dome locking them in came over the region, he did not know a lot about the region's recent history. After all, he was completely unaware of bonding with Virizion, which the standing Elite Four member used publicly, yet the Leader was one of the few that was aware he was Groudon's Avatar.

Josh quickly logged into RangerNet on his phone and searched for the Three-Day War Alex mentioned, finding a restricted file titled "Slateport Night Market 2020". Unfortunately, he was denied access due to his suspension. Thanks . "I did a quick search. Is that related to Slateport City?"

Josh and Saber both perked up at the mention of the Weather Trio. "Weather trio? Is this another Unovan legend?" he asked Alex. "I'm only familiar with the Swords of Justice from there."

{WC: 155}
{PC: 12}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 9:03:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Y-yeah,” he began quietly, after taking another breath to stabilize himself.

“And let me tell you something… there were some… really… I don’t think anyone could call those things ‘Pokémon’, if I’m being honest…”

He shuddered at the thought of the tentacle hentai monster. The big, buff, red bodybuilder of a bug. And then the little square things… what were they again?

“Those were Ultra Beasts,” he continued with a sigh. “Don’t go down easy. I think… there was another one too. Down at Slateport. The clown with the exploding fucking head…”

Ugh, those were terrible.

At the mention of the ‘Weather Trio’, he chuckled.

“Well, the Weather Trio are all from Hoenn, and I’ve seen at least one of them during the war. The one from the sea. Kyogre, I think its name was.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 4:17:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
At the mention of the term "Ultra Beasts", Josh did a search for the term in RangerNet, and got a fairly large number of hits. Like with the Slateport incident, most of the documents were restricted, and he could not access them due to his suspension. Some of the documents, though, were based on public information, and he could comb those without difficulty. One such file was a list of all known Ultra Beasts with photos. "...You're not kidding!" Josh gasped, flipping through the images. While technically a breach of Ranger protocol to show a non-Ranger any Ranger documents, this one was based on information available to the public. Surely there was no harm in showing Alex this one...right?

"Oh, the Weather Trio," Josh replied, facepalming into his helmet. "I know which three you're talking about. Yes, Kyogre is one of them." One of the others, the one he was terrified of, was thankfully on the side of the League. While that was information he could not share with Alex, as part of his promise to protect , learning about Groudon's siblings could be helpful. After all, if he were to succeed in his chase, he wouldn't be meeting just one legendary Pokémon. If not immediately, then shortly after. After all, where one gathered, often many more did.

{WC: 220}
{PC: 13}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 6:50:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“If it’s the Weather Trio you want to find out more about, well,” he trailed off as he tapped the journal with his pen, “…I think my friend would be the better person to ask about those since he’s a native Hoennian. He’s your boss,” he added with a smirk, in case the other didn’t know who he was referring to.

He then took a look at the public-access file and then pointed his pen right at the picture of (Balcephalon) Barcelona, the Ultra Beast with the exploding fucking head.

There. That’s the one that almost flattened Slateport had we not thrown its head up as high into the sky as we could,” he recounted with a shudder. And then the insanity that happened afterward? So fucking unreal.

Seeing the picture of the tentacle hentai monster (Nihilego) made him shudder. And then the one with the big, red, buff body (Buzzwole), ugh… nothing would beat the Lego-like maniac though (Stakataka).

“Those three… those were the ones I remember seeing during the Three-Day War at Lilycove. Especially the one that looked like a jellyfish. That one’s absolutely fucking insane.”

He shuddered.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 7:11:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh hadn't studied the Weather Trio too much, but all of them were terrifying. The legendary Pokémon Josh sought had a much more narrow domain. From what little he knew about those three, all of them had region, nation, or even planet-altering scales of power. Rayquaza in particular had another problem. Raikou was the fastest Pokémon on land, but there was an enormous difference between that and escape velocity. He looked like he wanted to say something, but he had to keep Matias' identity a secret. He promised. "If only didn't scare me so much..."

All three of the Ultra Beasts Josh was asked to pause at looked so otherworldly. "These don't even look like Pokémon," he remarked, particularly at the tentacled creature. "Can you fill me in? I didn't come back to Hoenn until recently. I only planned on spending a couple weeks here, but that barrier locked me in. And now everything's changed." Even Josh's heart was starting to pound in his chest. There were so many legendary Pokémon roaming Hoenn now. And these... these otherworldly creatures. What were they, and why were they terrorizing people?

{WC: 193}
{PC: 14}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 7:33:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of his friend’s name, he laughed—a genuine noise of mirth escaping him.

“Oh, let me guess, is it the scowl on his face? Or the hair?” he cackled in between laughter as the pen very nearly went flying away from his fingers.

Now that the other wanted to know about what had happened during the Three-Day War, he sobered up.

“Okay, so basically… after the appearance of the clown-thing at Slateport, things… started to go south. Not as far south as what’s happening now, but still…”

He shuddered.

“There were actually three battlefields. Lilycove, Meteor Falls, and near Mauville. The one I went to, Lilycove, had so… so much going on. I didn’t realize that people had died at the hands of the tentacle monster; because I was too busy helping the lone ship that made it out of the harbor get to the isolated village and liberate them from… from the blue people.”

Blue people.

Damn, this was looking to be a loredump, indeed.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 7:48:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh flipped back and forth among RangerNet pages as Alex described the horrors that befell the battlefields of Hoenn. This was serious stuff; it was way worse than anything he could recall in Johtonian history. "Arceus..." he shuddered at the descriptions of the war. This was was far worse than the ones the heroes that rode Suicune, Entei, and Raikou were involved in. Far worse. What had poor Josh gotten himself involved in? Even if he could go back to Johto, he had a civic duty to Hoenn now. He was a Gym Leader. He had to see this through to the end.

"Blue people?" Josh asked with a confused look on his face. All the talk of legendary Pokémon the aliens known as Ultra Beasts, and now this? It felt like he was starring in a feature-length, high budget fantasy film. Except this was no fantasy. It was one hundred percent real.
{WC: 154}
{PC: 15}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 8:02:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“That’s just the beginning of what I saw on the battlefield out at…at sea,” he gulped quietly.

There was no fucking way he was going to touch the water. He was literally playing a game of ‘the floor is lava’ during that time, only instead of ‘lava’ it was ‘the northern boat now known as the Sotally Tober’ kind of… deal.

“After the tentacle monster squeezed two people, I think, and several Pokémon to death… there was another one. That one,” he paused as he pointed to the frozen projection, specifically at the Ultra Beast Buzzwole.

“That one’s equally as nasty as the tentacle jellyfish. If the tentacle one… that one, the one that ripped two people apart… I think… one of the other reports was so… so graphic,” he stopped for a few moments to take a deep breath, “…the tentacles literally stabbed those unlucky enough to get caught in its grip in the neck or something… like… like a fucking parasite and then controlled them before they died.”

Okay, that was gruesome in and on its own.

“And then… the red one, that one can fucking suck a Pokémon dry. I saw the other reports too. It… I think that was the one that killed one of the former champions of Hoenn, …”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 8:14:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

Josh's mouth opened progressively wider as he listened to Alex's account of the damage the Ultra Beasts Nihilego and Buzzwole caused. It was nothing short of catastrophic, and that wasn't even accounting for the human factor. It seemed like a lot of people gave their lives. The way he described Nihilego's powers was chilling. "Full mental control? No Psychic-type Pokémon I've heard of can do that. Not even a legendary Psychic-type. That's terrifying to think about. I'm glad I wasn't here when this nonsense happened."

The next story about Buzzwole was arguably more chilling...and gruesome at that. No wonder the Rangers wanted to keep some details under wraps from the public. He pondered just how much information about the Ultra Beasts wasn't public knowledge. Probably far more than he thought. There were no words when Alex gave the account of a former Champion being devoured by Buzzwole. Not a single word. Just a wide-open mouth of worrisome awe.

{WC: 160}
{PC: 16}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 8:23:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yes,” he nodded quietly.

How much horrors did he have access to, that the little Josh didn’t have? Quite a bit, considering he’d sent a report on the Lilycove warfront to the higher-ups once the entire shebang was done.

“That’s why they’re so alien… it’s like, their powers are on another supernatural scale altogether, and that’s fucking terrifying,” he added with a shiver.

“There’s a reason why some of the information was never made known to the general public. It’s too fucking gruesome.”

He shook his head.

“After we managed to get to the island, this one,” he trailed off, this time pointing his pen at the one that looked like a castle wall on stick legs, “…started causing chaos. Sent out little… little segments of its body, and those little segments had like, energy rays shooting out of one side. Those rays are powerful enough to cut a limb, or a Pokémon down.”

He remembered the Wailord that had just… come crashing down and out of the sky, before the blocks began surrounding it, trying to end its life—however the ‘Wailord Brigade’, of other fellow Wailord came to its rescue.

“While we were dealing with that… then, fucking Kyogre came out of the ocean.”