6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Hero of Johto [S][C/Alexei]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 9:26:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
That single confirmation was the most resounding word Josh heard from Alex all day. That kind of power was beyond terrifying to think about. It was bad enough that these things were running around wild. If one of these Ultra Beasts were to get into the hands of Team Rocket... Josh shivered. He didn't want to think about it any more than he had to. "That might be why it's all restricted," he solemnly mused. This was getting serious.

The power of the energy rays the Ultra Beast known as Stakataka fired were capable of slicing through flesh like the blade of a guillotine, from what Alex described. "And Kyogre on top of all of that..." The weight Josh was looking to put on his shoulders suddenly got a lot heavier. "Now I know why so many of you want me to stop pursuing Raikou. If what's going on now is far worse than even that...I get it. Chasing, befriending, and riding Raikou would put me in more danger that I ever thought possible." He took a few deep breaths. "But that's not going to stop me. I almost feel like I have to face it now."

{WC: 198}
{PC: 17}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Blitz         Luxray         Good
Raiden        Zebstrika      Good
Bladestorm    Skarmory       Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 14:45:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yeah… the moment Kyogre appeared, the weather… it just went to all shit,” he went on with a sigh. Who knew that the Water-type had total control over the weather?

At least, he remembered being soaked to the fucking bone until everyone had managed to drive it back into the depths.

“…at least, after that happened, we were able to free the town that the blue-skinned people had taken over,” he added.

(He… he was considering telling the other that the blue-skinned people were cannibals, but he was erring on the side of caution and decided not to disclose that information. At least, not yet.)

“However, the war didn’t end without casualties. A lot of casualties…”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 7:37:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"As it would when any of those three are involved," Josh mused. "I'm more terrified of Kyogre's brother." If he reached the position of Raikou Avatar, he would be even more terrified of the legendary Ground-type. Thankfully, he didn't have to be. Unfortunately for Alex, he had to keep the reason behind that secret. "I'm still unsure who these blue-skinned people are," he asked, looking confused. "Just who are they?"

Of course a war wouldn't end without casualties. The scale of death in the war described in the knightly fable Josh knew as the Hero of Johto was up there, but Alex was making this seem on a totally different order of magnitude. "It wouldn't be a war otherwise, now would it?" he smiled, trying to lighten the mood a little bit. It probably wouldn't end up working; if anything, the remark could have made things worse. Saber stood up, walked toward Alex, and gently nuzzled the Fortree Leader, the disguised Manectric's mask hopefully preventing him from getting shocked.

{WC: 169}
{PC: 18}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 4:40:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Aha.

At the mention of the blue-skinned people, he looked over at the younger man.

“I hope you’ve got an iron stomach, because what I’m going to share with you mext is like… something that can cause your stomach to turn.”

The mere thought of it alone made his complexion pale even more. Damn, he even flashed back to the time he’d passed out during one of the pre-war meetings because of the gore.

“The blue-skinned people… these Megalopolans… they come from beyond our world. And… well, they’ve managed to blend into society—at least until the League had exposed some of them in the aftermath of the War.”

He wasn’t exactly at the point where it got really squeamish, but… he was headed there.

“When we got to the village… well, suffice to say when we were dealing with the clean-up of the aftermath… these Megalopolans—the blue people, I’ll call them that for brevity’s sake—they… they subsist on…”

He had to stop and take a deep breath before saying what he had to say next.

“They’re cannibals.”

He would just leave it at that.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 4:58:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was not prepared for Alex's description of the Megalopolans. At least the Leader gave him a warning. With every phrase, every sentence, the account of them grew more dire. They were aliens. Real life aliens. And they had mingled with society. "Arceus..." Josh swore. "So they're just floating around among Hoennians? I would hope the League has found most, if not all of them, by now. That's scary."

That wasn't half as scary as the detail Alex was about to share with him. The revelation that the aliens preyed upon human beings made the racer's heart skip at least one beat. "Great Ho-oh..." he swore again. It was a curse Josh did not use lightly. It had been one he had not used in well over a year. It was saved for truly egregious, truly mortifying moments such as this. "This is not the Hoenn I remember at all. Just...Great Ho-oh, deliver us from this unthinkable evil..."

{WC: 159}
{PC: 19}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 5:06:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yep. I said what I said. They’re mcfucking cannibals.”

He couldn’t help but shudder afterward.

“By the djinni, the pre-War footage that either or obtained, I forgot which one of them it was, that they shared with us while the League was preparing for the Three-Day War… suffice to say that when I say they’re cannibals, I’ll leave it at that.”

Another shiver shook him as he sighed.

“Thankfully, all the higher-ups that we’re aware of are either dead, or in League custody.”

And that was that.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 5:21:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even the courageous Josh shuddered at aliens that dined on the human race. "I... I had no idea," were the first words that weakly came out of his voice after Alex reiterated that the Megalopolans preyed on people just like him. "Little wonder the Rangers wanted to try to keep this stuff under wraps. It's nothing short of chilling. Bone chilling." He breathed a big sigh of relief when the Birdfather mentioned all the bigwigs among the blue people were either dead or imprisoned by the League. "That doesn't make it any easier to swallow," the young Leader replied, visibly sweating.

The silence afterward seemed to indicate the end of the story. "No wonder you thought me crazy for liking Hoenn so much despite being a foreigner. I had no idea all this nonsense -- beyond nonsense, even -- was going on. And you know what, Alex?" He paused to let him respond. "This is even more of a reason for me to chase Raikou. If it means protecting Hoenn from terrors like that, I would want nothing more than to hold Raikou's reins in one hand and the mythical electric blade in the other." he boldly reiterated.

"Great Ho-oh, hear my prayers. For the sake of Johto and the sake of Hoenn, I desire nothing more to meet Raikou and fight for Hoenn's peace and freedom. For the sake of Johto, for the sake of Hoenn, I beseech you. Make the Great Raikou aware I would have it no other way than to serve you as his Avatar." He drew the plastic replica once more and slashed through the air in front of him, well clean of any objects in the residence as to not cause damage. "I've learned a lot today. Thank you. If there's anything I can do to repay you, please, let me know. We should also trade phone numbers. What's the best number to reach you at?"

{WC: 320}
{PC: 20}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 7:57:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You know,” he began once Josh had finished his little invocation, “…the weird shit started happening like, three… almost four years ago. But it was just little things, back then. Now shit’s really picked up speed and the fan’s pretty much destroyed because this region has not known rest since then.”

Now he wondered if the scarce sighting of those strange flowers, those crystalblooms, was another fucking omen of bad shit yet to come.

“I do you one better.”

He reached into his jacket and pulled something out, spinning it in his hold before eventually passing it to the other.

“Here’s the Sanctuary’s calling card—and on the back side of that, my number.”

On the front it was just your standard, ornery calling card for a local business but on the back side, tilting the card a certain way would reveal Alexei’s phone number.

“And whatever you do—don’t let anyone else get ahold of that. I have two numbers—one for the Sanctuary, and one for personal shit. The card I gave you has my personal number on it.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 4:21:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: