Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 0:19:47 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
À votre santé
[break][break]
[break]
This late at night, the lower district of Slateport felt like a far cry from where a woman like Elisabeth would spend her evenings.

As it happened, however, this rendezvous here had been her own idea.

Bars were not a frequent haunt of hers, but Howling at the Moon was an exception, if only for its owner: , a man she knew intimately through her work as a Rocket admin, and thus could trust with a request to rent out the entirety of the bar for a night.

A request he had honored, Elisabeth noticed with silent pleasure as she seated herself onto the barstool at the counter and ordered a gin and tonic. Moments of silence trickled down as she waited for her drink, resting her chin on her hand as she did so.

Elisabeth had attempted to choose a day that was typically less crowded, though whether or not she had succeeded in that respect was something the dark-haired man neither confirmed nor denied.

What Zev did implicitly confirm, however, was his discretion.

So when another figure entered through the front door to join her here, in this empty place where only she and her chosen bartender were present, Elisabeth turned her gaze to the entryway and smiled.

"You came."

Her relief was audible; part of her feared he might overwork himself another night instead.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bar Thread ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 1:47:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Bars are not a frequent haunt of Rocket's underboss. He was a social drinker, yes, but in the privacy of his home or the homes of others. He also never allowed himself to drink to the point of intoxication, these days, for there was little value in being seen as sloppy.

Forever the designated driver. Not that he minds.

seems surprised to see him, and Gavin's brows arch in answer of her exclamation.

"At your request," he affirms. "Did you think I'd ignore it?"

Not only was Elisabeth one of his good friends, she was an admin of Team Rocket. Few could boast such importance in his admittedly busy schedule.

Howling is quiet, empty but for the two of them and the bartender.

"Scotch, on the rocks."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 1:42:44 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
À votre santé
[break][break]
[break]
"Not ignore, no," Elisabeth said, leaning onto the counter as she made space for him to join her here. An impish smile took hold of her as she admitted, "Reschedule, possibly. You are a man who is very in demand as of late, Mr. Merlino."

Though there was levity in the words, an eyebrow lifted with almost maternal chastisement, as if to ask: Are you taking time for yourself? It was a hypocritical concern, coming from another workaholic like herself, but a genuine one all the same.

When the drink arrived, Elisabeth lifted her own in toast, smiling.

"À votre santé. To your health." She drank with the contented pleasure that came with sharing good company, the flush in her cheeks revealing how her tolerance was no longer the fabled thing it once was in her youth. "I know this is all very unnecessary," she said, laughing as she gestured to the emptiness of the venue, "but it's difficult to think of worthy places to take a man of your reputation."

She propped her chin on her hand, looking at him thoughtfully.

"I think this might be our first time drinking together. I don't suppose coffee counts, does it?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bar Thread ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 1:11:05 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"On you?" He shakes his head. "No. Not unless Walsh or the others," he means his fellow underbosses, "were to demand my time in haste."

They hadn't, and so here he was.

He is not taking much time for himself, no. Moments like these are rarities within a life filled with meetings and missions carried out under the banner of Rocket. He is a workaholic, an overachiever. He will grind himself to the bone for their cause.

He lifts his glass and tips it back in acceptance of the toast, feeling the liquor burn down his throat.

"You didn't have to go out of your way," he insists, a light smirk upon his lips as Elisabeth gestures around the empty bar. "We're friends; you could have asked to come round the house if you wanted privacy." He laughs. "Not that I don't appreciate this. It's rare to see Howling so quiet."

It hadn't occurred to him that they'd never shared drinks before; he looks mildly surprised.

"I suppose it is."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 4:13:30 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
À votre santé
[break][break]
[break]
A sheepish grin answered him, followed by a roll of her shoulders as Elisabeth continued sipping at her drink. "Would you think me terribly silly," she said, "if I said this is something I'd always wanted to do with a coworker?"

Her late husband had often done so, at least. She could smell the alcohol on him when he returned home, sometimes accompanied by a perfume, different depending on the woman he had met that day. Elisabeth could pick out each floral note, and from it, determine which unnamed creature had chosen to spend the night with the devil.

She named them in her head after those scents: Lilac. Rose. Honeysuckle.

Was it the alcohol that brought such sad thoughts suddenly first of mind? She shook her head, forcing a smile that dismissed whatever brief distance had clouded her eyes.

"I went to a club with once, but I don't think it's exactly the same. Much louder, less room for conversation. Different ambience, so to speak."

She took a moment to admire Howling's features, the way that the emptiness of the place seemed to make it all the more inviting, in its own way. Moments later, she turned to meet his golden eyes with her own, a thoughtfulness entering her tone.

"And to be honest, I wanted to ask how you were doing. Those conversations can be difficult to have at home, if you want to speak truthfully."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bar Thread ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 4:28:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Silly? No." Drinking with friends was a normal past-time, was it not? He does note that she'd specified coworker, however, puzzling over it in his mind. "Might I ask why?"

He doesn't miss the sudden distance in her gaze, as if something either of them might've said sparked some foul memory of hers, but he doesn't press the issue. He didn't want to ruin her night, if she was not here to talk about it.

But should she wish to tell him, he was open.

"I can't imagine you at a club." He laughs at the image. They haven't been his scene for a long time. Perhaps they never had been, but he'd gone a few times in college in a bid to 'find himself'. Unsuccessful. "Did you enjoy yourself, at least?"

Her next comment makes his brow furrow.

"Why should I be any different at home?"

If anything, he was more comfortable there.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 4:43:03 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
À votre santé
[break][break]
[break]
"It seems like a thing people do," she sighed in helpless admission, nursing the drink in her hand. "Normal people. I'd never done it before, and wanted to try, at least once. Of those in Rocket, you seemed least likely to laugh at me for it."

Elisabeth hid this, sometimes: how much of an imposter she felt in her reentering of society. Like some transplant from a far-off land, attempting to navigate social niceties and routines gained through pure observation alone.

The machinations of such things could feel unnatural, or stiff, in their reenactment.

"As it happens," she said, now well into her second drink -- Or third? Dangerous, that already she was losing track -- as she continued in her prattling, "I had an exceptional time. is a wonderful dancer." She peered at him for a moment, accusing. "Is there a reason someone like me couldn't be in a club, Gavin? Answer carefully."

Though that had been another first, too, for her. And although it had been intimidating, it had become something enjoyable.

A warmth blossomed through her at the memory, buoyed by the gin.

"Your husband is at home, of course," came the natural answer.

Drink had loosened her tongue enough for her thoughts to readily become words.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bar Thread ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 5:24:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Normal?" He does laugh, then, but not at her. "I'd hardly consider myself normal, but I take your point. You'll find no judgement here."

To him, it's hardly any different from someone wanting to skydive, or to travel to somewhere they've never been. A new experience, that was all. He could get behind that.

Her accusatory glance rolls off him.

"I never said you couldn't," he counters easily, "only that it's difficult to imagine. You have an air of composure about you that those in clubs tend to lack." Perhaps a polite way of saying she's too reserved, usually. "Can you picture me in a club?"

He'd gone with Emma a couple of times, but never Temp.

When his husband enters the conversation, and with some extra consideration for what Gavin knows of 's past, he understands.

"Ours is a healthy relationship," he points out, not unkindly. "I hide nothing from him but what Rocket secrets I'm sworn against telling anyone."

Such as the fact that could fucking shapeshift.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 5:39:24 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
À votre santé
[break][break]
[break]
When he laughed, Elisabeth turned up her nose with mock offense, waving him away. "We are both two normal coworkers having normal drinks," she countered pleasantly.

A small laugh bubbled up in answer to his, hers something girlish with the giddiness of her own inebriation.

This lack of built-up tolerance was the second reason she had chosen him to be with her tonight. She trusted him most of all.

"Hmmm. Composed? Composed," Elisabeth repeated, the last word somewhat comical when spoken by her, specifically, in this place and time. "Do you think I can't be forward when I want to be, Gavin? I can be a very forward person, when I want to be, you know. We would dance marvelously together, but I don't want to make your husband jealous."

She grinned, the playfulness of the last sentence more exaggerated with absurdity than outright flirtation as she dissolved into helpless laughter again. As to his explanation of his comfort -- that his was a healthy relationship -- Elisabeth wasn't sure how to reply. What did that mean, a healthy relationship? How could you diagnose such a thing?

What a nice thing it would be, to have that sort of measuring apparatus on hand.

"I think I forgot to eat before coming here," Elisabeth said suddenly, apropos of nothing. Then she whirled on him, her green eyes widening with delayed realisation. "Oh. You sly creature. You never answered my question. How devious of you."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bar Thread ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 6:21:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
She's drunk.

Her lack of tolerance surprises him, at first, but Gavin is quick to adjust to the changing circumstances. He'd rather she be drunk around him rather than someone who might take advantage of her.

So when he says, "Oh, I'd love to make him jealous," and his sharp canines flash like fangs in the low lights of the bar, he has no ill intentions beyond teasing a close friend. "He gets rough when he's jealous." His amber eyes sparkle with mirth as he licks his lips, then seems to reconsider his current company. "Not like that," he adds, then shamelessly with a conspiratorial wink, "It's what I'm into."

He's never been shy about his sex life. Sorry, , friendship has opened up a can of worms.

"Get some food." It's sharp, like an order. "You'll regret it tomorrow, if you don't."

The hangover would be murder.

He's turning to flag over the bartender so that she might do just that when her accusation settles in. It had been a subconscious deflection, but a deflection nevertheless. Quinns didn't talk about feelings. Rockets didn't have feelings.

"I have been as I always am, Elisa. Overworked, exhausted, but fine. I'm used to all of it, by now."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 6:31:46 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
À votre santé
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth Fiorelli used to have a famed tolerance. The daughter of a man with vineyards and wineries inspired plenty of opportunity to build such a thing from an early age, after all.

Age and circumstance had conspired against her, thieving her of that once-held trait but not the pride that had come with the earning of it.

The tragic result was a lack of awareness about her own capacity for alcohol, beyond a certain point.

"Rough makes more sense than some other things," Elisabeth said simply, unbothered by his candor; sex was fine, but love and anything resembling it was another matter. "There's nothing confusing there. You know what to expect, and it goes the way it goes. Jealousy I can do with or without."

Countless unspoken truths revealed themselves in her agreeance, though she seemed unaware of it as she spoke them aloud.

Curly fries and fried fish appeared as if by magic in front of her, and Elisabeth blinked, having missed the exact moment that her delayed dinner had arrived. She nudged the basket of fries towards Gavin helpfully, handing him a second fork to inform him that he could join her if he wished.

"What a martyr you are, Gavin. I would be run ragged in your position."

She'd become a bit frank, too.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bar Thread ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 6:56:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Do you?" Gavin laughs. "I don't know, he's surprised me a few times."

There's colour in his cheeks as he recalls certain intimate moments with where he'd allowed his lover to take control, but it's not from embarrassment. He's never known a filter when it comes to conversations like these, even stone cold sober.

"I know what to expect elsewhere, you know." He feels the need to defend his husband from the demons of 's past. He could trust Temp never to hurt him, not unless he wanted it. "He's very good to me."

The smell of fish and chips makes his mouth water. It reminds him of Galar, of childhood, in one of the few ways that does not bring grief. He accepts the fork, spearing a french fry on the end of it to pop into his mouth.

"A martyr?" He frowns. The word has such unfortunate, uncomfortable connotations. "I'm not complaining, Elisa; you asked how I was doing and I answered you. I wouldn't give up my position for the world."

Perhaps he was reading too much into it.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 7:08:07 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
À votre santé
[break][break]
[break]
"Mm, that's not what I mean. Just that--" She scowled, attempting to find words that sober, she would never be speaking in the first place. An irritated fist wound its way into her golden hair, venting the frustration of her own inarticulateness. "I don't like being lied to," she said at last. "Not in that way."

She knew that Temp wasn't the same as Édouard. The contrasts between them were stark in many regards.

But she also wasn't only talking about her late husband, either. She'd lost herself in many strange places, in many unhappy nights, seeking satisfaction stripped from emotional intimacy.

"Maybe I'm better alone. I don't know. I've certainly thought so, many times over."

She stabbed some of the fish with her fork, eating it almost petulantly. Her own mood had soured with this change in topic, though it was not aimed at all at the man across from her. So even when his mood darkened in kind, she remained relaxed and unperturbed.

"Someone's grumpy," she said in a sing-song voice, completely unbothered by the shift in Gavin's tone. Her current state lowered her usual heightened awareness of threats. "But no, I didn't mean to say it was a complaint. Only that I think you are used to suffering for your work to some degree."

She dangled a curly fry in front of her, pointing it at him decidedly.

"But I'm glad. Because I wouldn't let you resign."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bar Thread ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 7:19:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's brow furrows, confusion present in the cant of his head. "In what way?"

He softens somewhat as she disparages herself, so insistent in being better off alone. He knows empathy for her, then. Had he not once thought the same? In Kanto, it had been too dangerous to love. In Hoenn, it had been too late.

But in spite of it all, he'd found his happiness.

"I think it's all right to be alone," he ventures, careful, "but that you shouldn't forbid yourself from feeling, Elisa. That road leads only to loneliness and misery."

She seems upset, and perhaps it's her sullen mood that causes him to take offense in what she'd said. Her sing-song retaliation catches him unawares, however, and the fact that he's not drank enough to be feeling it means he can better process the shift.

He is suddenly morose.

"It's how I was taught to be."

Give yourself to the cause, all of yourself.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Vermouth & Gin [Social]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 7:34:03 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
À votre santé
[break][break]
[break]
She didn't answer, at first. Instead she let her head droop, lowering it onto the counter for a moment as she took a brief respite from her attempts at eating away an inevitable hangover.

"You know what I mean." But he didn't. The way he stared at her made that clear enough. She began to wave around a hand, as if this would illustrate her meaning in a way that the pauses between her words couldn't. "To... when they want you to think... you know." Exasperated, she sighed out, "That you matter. When you don't."

The weight of the last word dropped like an anchor, plunging into depths of emotion that, belatedly, she sensed should not have been dredged up in the first place.

Her thoughts swam, restless in their own aimless, unfinished nature, as she turned to Gavin. Only then did she see the way his own expression had become solemn in kind, and she lifted her head up to meet his gaze, propping her chin defiantly on a wobbly elbow.

"It's probably why you survived," she offered finally.

She hated apologies and reassurances about things that couldn't be changed.

She sensed they were alike, in that way.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bar Thread ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]