Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
M.A.G.M.A RESEARCH: MEGA EVOLUTION
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 21:06:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Today's visit to Blackstone Laboratory was due to yet another request from , who had asked him to bring a Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution. Luckily, Barnaby had a handful of specimens capable of undergoing that particular phenomena:

Pepin, an EEVEE whose infectious personality had quickly won him over when he'd first obtained him at the beginning of his time in Hoenn. He was a favorite among friends and fans alike.

Bellona, a birthday gift from . Barnaby's fondness for the HOUNDOOM was inevitable, considering the meaning behind the gesture and because of his affection for her previous owner.

Lucien, the latest of his Pokémon with the ability to Mega Evolve. The CHARIZARD was a fierce combatant and one he'd used on several occasions in recent memory, including an educational match against and within The Cloud during the events involving Maldacena.

He'd decided on Pepin, mostly out of convenience. Even Mega Evolved the EEVEE was still rather small compared to his HOUNDOOM and CHARIZARD. The vulpine Pokémon sat atop Barnaby's shoulder as he walked into the lab, his eyes bright and curious about the new surroundings.

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #2
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 22:28:18 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

For the most part, it should be a calm day.
[break][break]
Ceri is dressed casually beneath her M.A.G.M.A lab coat, and when Bee arrives at Blackstone labs, he will find her sitting at a desk. As per usual, it’s with a smile that she greets him.
[break][break]
”Oh, hey! You made it! Eevee, huh? Interesting choice.
[break][break]
She turns her attention to the computer, already taking notes.
[break][break]
”Okay, so… Tell me everything you can about your Eevee here. Spare no detail.”
[break][break]
MEGA EVOLUTION occurs through bonds between people and their pokémon, after all, and if Team Rocket wishes to truly understand the phenomenon, then understanding these bonds is of great importance. Previously, she had interviewed a few individuals about their pokémon and today is ’s turn to answer her questions.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡[break][break]
M.A.G.M.A Sector A - RESEARCH ♡

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 23:33:31 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Hey there!" Barnaby greeted, smiling warmly back at her. "Yeah, I brought Pepin along with me this time."

Seeing an open seat across from Ceri, he'd pull the chair from the desk and take it without much formality. This was, what? Their eighth time collaborating? Barnaby was certainly feeling more relaxed around the young researcher.

Something which Pepin could innately discern. The EEVEE was oddly good at picking up on his moods - even more so now that he could Mega Evolve, it seemed.

With a surprising amount of agility, Pepin nimbly climbed down from his perch on Barnaby's shoulder and jumped up onto the desk. Given his diminutive size, he'd easily weave around any stacks of papers, coffee mugs, or scattered books until he was standing staunchly before . Then, of course, came the demanding mewl for pets.

"Alright, let's see..." A pondering finger was brought to his lips as Barnaby considered the EEVEE before him. "We've been together almost a year now. I found him in Shoal Cave last December, around the holidays. I was originally looking for a Glaceon... but as soon as Pepin saw me he bounded over. No survival instincts, this one."

A soft chuckle escaped Barnaby's lips before he continued. "He was endearing enough for me to capture him. His unusual coloring was appealing, too. Since then he's only gotten more friendly. In fact, sometimes I have him out during interviews. His cute face calms the nerves and eases the atmosphere, I suppose."

Another pause to collect his thoughts. "Otherwise, he's out with my Ninetales' and I at home. Pepin enjoys staying by me when he can; he's a big cuddler, too." That much may have been obvious to Ceri, as by this point the little EEVEE was attempting to make his way into her lap.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 0:08:27 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

The Eevee jumps onto her desk, causing her to wiggle her nose. Russet coloured eyes widen, she turns away, and then a small sneeze is covered with her forearm. If anything, it sounds more like a squeak.
[break][break]
”Ugh. Allergies, sorry.” Ceri had not expected to see an Eevee today, but she’ll get her job done all the same. She even gives Pepin a few pats… after pulling her lab coat’s sleeve over her hand.
[break][break]
She listens and she writes notes, her typing speed clearly still being that of a university student who is used to writing essays that are way too long in just a couple of hours. She doesn’t miss anything.
[break][break]
Adorable. Now… Why did you decide to get Pepin a mega stone? When did he first mega evolve? How long had it been since you met? I want all the deets, Bee.” There’s a wink at this point, and although she’s allergic, she allows for Pepin to get on her lap if he wishes to do so.
[break][break]
She’s too preoccupied with her work anyway.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 0:47:50 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
A sharp, yet low whistle cut through Pepin's persistence. Although he quite liked the sleeve-covered pats, Barnaby's order to back off was immediately followed. The EEVEE mewled his goodbyes before slipping back to the other side of the desk and into his owner's awaiting lap.

"My apologies. I'll keep him at a distance from now on."

A hand was placed at the crown of Pepin's head, where Barnaby began to idly stroke the fur there.

"The thought of a Mega Stone never really crossed my mind until one was gifted to me." He paused for a moment, smiling at the memory. "It was for another Pokémon, but the transformation was so incredible I wondered if any of my others would be able to do it as well. When I happened upon an Eevite one day it seemed as good a reason as any to buy it and try it out."

A purr-like sound could be heard in the background as Barnaby continued. "He first Mega Evolved about two months ago while we were at home. At the time, we'd been together around seven months."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 1:08:53 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Eh… Don’t worry too much. I have to interact with pokémon I’m allergic to all the time ‘cause of my job, so it's not really a big deal. Thanks anyway, though!”
[break][break]
She had had to deal with more than a couple of them in her meetings with Bee alone, after all. But, of course, during those instances she had been prepared to do so. They should have served as warnings. After all, by now, between the Eevee and Ninetale, it’s pretty damn obvious that Bee is some kind of “vulpine Pokémon fanatic”.
[break][break]
”Two months ago… Mhmm.. I see…” Ceri mutters, writing down all the information given.
[break][break]
Once she’s done, she looks at Bee, at Pepin, and then back at Bee, standing up to go check on the camera that has been set up nearby.
[break][break]
”Alright, well… Let’s see it then!”
[break][break]
She beams, cheerful as ever.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 1:41:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Although their tastes in Pokémon differed, there seemed to be at least one thing that and had in common: an interest in fashion. Especially when in public as a journalist, Barnaby enjoyed dressing in a stylish way as a means of expressing himself. One of the things he adored most was his jewelry: at any given moment he was wearing one or two sets of earrings, necklaces, several bracelets, and at least three rings or more.

This interest of his perfectly aligned with the use of Mega Stones. His Key Stone had been fashioned into a ring, which Barnaby wore on a regular basis. Pepin himself had been adorned with a gilded collar, although most of the time it was covered by the thick mane around his neck.

"Let's give her a show, Pepin." Barnaby cooed, rising from his seat and stepping away from the desk. The EEVEE immediately hopped down and followed after his owner.

Within moments one of Barnaby's rings and a larger stone around Pepin's throat began to glow simultaneously. With a touch to the ring's surface, a flash of light erupted from it's center, sending waves of energy throughout the laboratory. In response, Pepin's own stone exuded the same energy; it quickly engulfed the small EEVEE, obscuring him from sight.

The transformation was extravagant yet short-lived. The light faded and what emerged was a much larger, much fluffier EEVEE. If one were to compare, Pepin would now take up almost the entire surface of the researcher's desk.

If Ceri disliked fluffy Pokemon, then she would ablosultey hate Pepin now.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 2:05:58 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Ceri does dislike fluffy pokémon, but she had also been honest about doing what she has to do for the sake of her job. She knows what a mega evolved Eevee looks like, and that being the case, she had mentally prepared when telling Bee and Pepin to do a demonstration.
[break][break]
Her own keystone is always worn as part of a stylish choker, and today is no exception. When Bee’s keystone begins to resonate with that mega stone worn by the Eevee, hers doesn’t react in any way, shape, or form. This is expected too.
[break][break]
”Awes–”
[break][break]
Awesome. A sneeze interrupts her.
[break][break]
Hairs must have been spread everywhere when Pepin mega evolved. She’ll need to vacuum.
[break][break]
Had the camera caught her sneezing? Ceri sure hopes not. She can’t be disappointing like this!
[break][break]
”Okies, I thiiiiiink I may have everything I need for now. Unless there’s something else you’d like to point out?” Ceri looks at Barnaby then, her nose wiggling while holding back a sneeze. Her eyes are watery. ”Oh! When he first mega evolved… Was it your choice or was it unexpected?”
[break][break]
An important distinction.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 2:14:54 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Unfortunately for , EEVEE fur did most certainly go flying everywhere upon the Pokémon's Mega Evolution. To make matters worse, his temperament hadn't mellowed out post-transformation - he was still the same jovial guy he was before. Just, much bigger.

Pepin began scampering through the lab, his hulking collar of off-white fur undulating with every stride of his pink toe-beaned feet. Ceri's sneezes persisted, but the EEVEE didn't seem to notice. All Barnaby could do was offer the researcher an apologetic look.

"Nothing that I can think of... as for his first time, it was planned, although we'd been trying for weeks prior to it actually happening. So it wasn't an immediate thing despite having the Eevite for awhile."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 2:25:40 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her eye twitches.
[break][break]
Not because of anything Bee says or does, no, but because of his damn Eevee.
[break][break]
Pepin may be adorable, that much is true, but he’s also too damn fluffy and too damn excitable. Two things that, in combination, result in the pristine state of her workspace not being so pristine anymore. Her equipment is sterile no more.
[break][break]
The mere thought of how much effort it will take to get rid of all those flying Eevee hairs that are bound to get everywhere is almost enough to cause Ceri to ignore Bee’s response. Almost. She acknowledges it with a nod.
[break][break]
”Ah… That makes sense.” She could go type the information into the chart so as to make sure it won't be forgotten, but she prioritises walking to the door instead. She opens it.
[break][break]
”Welp! That’s all I need from you today, Bee! Thanks for the help, have a good day, the MAGMA Division appreciates your efforts, so on and so forth.”
[break][break]
It’s almost like she’s saying get the hell out of my lab.
[break][break]
A sentiment enhanced by the fact that she sneezes as soon as she's done speaking.
[break][break]
Damn allergies.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 19:43:02 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A SUBJECT B3

SPECIES: 133 Eevee イーブイ
[break]
[break]
[break]
WEIGHT: 7.6 lbs MEGA EVOLVED: 42.2 lbs
[break]
HEIGHT: 0'07" MEGA EVOLVED: 2'06"
[break]
OWNER: Bee ()
[break][break][break]
APPEARANCE: Much smaller than average. Shiny colouration. No other notable abnormalities in appearance. Possible abnormal shedding condition.
[break]
TEMPERAMENT: Extremely sociable, yet biddable. Responds promptly to trainer commands
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y: Negative
[break]
SHADOW GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
ILLUMINA GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
SPECIAL MOVES: G-MAX Cuddle (Mega Evolved)
[break][break]
NOTES:
  • Came into trainer's possession almost a year ago.
  • Captured at Shoal Cave, Hoenn
  • Spends much of its time with trainer. Affectionate.
  • First instance of Mega Evolution occurred 2 months ago (Intentional)

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 5:31:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: