Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
M.A.G.M.A SAMPLES: ZERAORA
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 16:29:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Besides contributing to ROCKET's collective knowledge, one thing that particularly enjoyed about his time collaborating with was the fact that he got to share these experiences with . Whenever they could find time to get away for a little while, Barnaby relayed the details of Ceri's research with animated enthusiasm.

The realization that Bijou was Pokérus-positive, a better understanding of the scope of his Shadow STEELIX's powers, the discovery of Puck's Land Form transformation! Plus many more.

There was so much to divulge and Mars was a great listener. More than that, he even offered a few of his own Pokémon for Barnaby to take to Ceri. Today, the Underboss' ZERAORA stood by Barnaby's side as they waited in the laboratory.

When Ceri arrived, his usual shining smile would be put on full display - genuine this time, as he was excited to see what the researcher thought of the Mythical Pokémon.

She probably wouldn't like all of his fur and the associated dander that came along with it. Still, he hoped the novelty of such a rare Pokémon would make up for Ceri's probable allergies.

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #2
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 19:48:03 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Thankfully for both Ceri and Bee alike, as one of the directors of the M.A.G.M.A Division, had had the foresight to inform Blackstone Labs beforehand that the executive would be stopping by with one of his mythical pokémon. Naturally, Ceri has no reason to know exactly what motivated the Underboss to do as much, but to her it sounds like it must be something along the lines of “if anything happens to my pokémon, you might want to start planning your own funeral.”
[break][break]
The mild silver lining of it all: at least she’s aware that her allergies won't have a good time today.
[break][break]
Ya girl got herself some antihistamines.
[break][break]
”Hey, Bee.”
[break][break]
When entering the lab where awaits, Ceri greets him with a slight smile and a wave, being already clad in her M.A.G.M.A Division lab coat and of course, a questionably short skirt. She reaches for her tablet right away, perhaps not wanting to spend more time than what’s necessary around the Zeraora. It’s cool and all, and she’s fucking excited to look at its samples, but for all the gods… that thing not only makes her nose itch, but it looks like it could slash right through her with her claws.
[break][break]
”Didn’t know Underboss Del Mar and you are close enough for him to trust you with such a rare pokémon.” She teases, smirking and gesturing towards the scale so they can know the feline’s weight. The Zeraora doesn’t move an inch, but it does stare at her while its tail sways idly. ”Tell me about this guy!”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡[break][break]
M.A.G.M.A Division, Sector A - GATHER II

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 22:25:06 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Ceri. Hope your day is going well."

All things considered, his day was, at least, even when she casually mentioned how close he and appeared to be. If anything, it simply caused his beaming smile to morph into a teasing smirk. Barnaby shrugged his shoulders and in an almost lazy tone replied, "Underboss Del Mar is very dedicated to M.A.G.M.A's success. He saw an opportunity and simply entrusted one of his subordinates to carry it out."

Mhm. He'd go with that. Definitely nothing deeper there.

"Isn't that right, Fulgora?" He said, his attentions shifting to the ZERAORA. Okay, admittedly, the bipedal feline intimidated him a little as well. Barnaby had witnessed firsthand the sort of fighting skills the Pokémon possessed. He was no joke.

"Come now, let's get you weighed." Or, at least, he hoped so. Would the cat obey? Barnaby walked over to the scale that Ceri had gestured to, waving his own hand toward the pan, before responding to her request for more information.

"I don't know everything. Underboss Del Mar did mention he obtained him after the Hoenn Star Tournament, though." An event that Barnaby hadn't been around for. "He's a wicked fighter. Fast. Efficient. And very well trained. I wouldn't want to pit my Pokémon against him, that's for sure."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 23:43:25 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

The Zeraora has a wild, dangerous stare; eyes of menacing yellow following the movements of both executive and researcher alike. There’s no real signs of hostility, but he is alert indeed, and it’s clear that he could easily hurt them both if he wished to do as much.
[break][break]
However, he doesn’t move, not until Bee asks him to do so.
[break][break]
The reason for this is simple:his trainer had said to do as Bee asks, so Fulgora will do as much, even if he feels no particular trust towards the raven haired man.
[break][break]
He looks at him, whiskers twitching, and then he does no more than walk towards the scale without a hurry.
[break][break]
Ceri carefully observes every interaction, listening carefully to the explanations given by Bee. Then, once the Zeraora’s height and weight have been measured, she moves on to washing her hands for what feels like the thousandth time in the day and putting on a fresh pair of nitrile gloves.
[break][break]
”So, like... Do you think he’ll be good with blood samples and what not? I'd rather not get scratched, you know?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 23:52:39 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
A wave of relief washed over Barnaby as Fulgora followed his directive. The cat was weight and measured without so much as a blip. Did the ZERAORA look happy doing it? Absolutely not. Did Barnaby imagine a glint of murderous intent behind those predatory eyes? For sure.

But also had trust in and his training methods. The man ran a tight ship and didn't allow his Pokémon to act out of line.

"... Probably?" Came his response, not at all sounding positive one way or another.

"Only one way to find out." Not for the first time in this very laboratory, Barnaby relished his position as a journalist rather than a scientist. Less exposure to attacks by hostile Pokémon.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 0:33:26 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Not very reassuring, you know?”
[break][break]
She raises a brow, smirking, but it’s when she turns to look at the pokémon that Ceri reminds herself that she has dealt with much worse than a Zeraora. Like, this can’t be worse than when they got pokérus samples from Lugia, right? But, then again, had been the one who had dealt with that, and she had just been standing in the lab watching it all go down. Also, they sure as hell hadn’t asked Lugia for blood samples.
[break][break]
”Uhmm… Hey.”
[break][break]
Her nose itches as she approaches the bipedal feline, but she tries to ignore it. At least he moves much less than Bee’s Eevee from last week, meaning that there’s barely any shedding.
[break][break]
”I’m just going to use this small needle, yeah? Should only take a moment.”
[break][break]
The way the Zeraora stares at her makes her a little uneasy, but his gaze soon turns to , almost as if he were blaming him for all of this. When the needle breaks through skin, fangs are bared with a growl, and there’s the unmistakable charge of static in the air.
[break][break]
Ceri withstands it for the sake of getting her samples, but the next part may be a little more problematic…
[break][break]
”...Can you tell him to open his mouth?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 1:46:05 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Yep, Barnaby was feeling pretty good about not being in Ceri's position right now. He withstood the researcher's accusatory gaze with an appeasing smile... which quickly dropped upon hearing Fulgora's warning growl. Well, shit.

At the very least, the ZERAORA restrained himself enough not to attack. The blood sample was the worst part about this entire routine anyway, right? Surely they were through the toughest section by now. Although Barnaby didn't move to pet the bipedal feline, he gave Fulgora an encouraging thumbs up.

"Good job! Not much more now. Just open up for Miss Ceri, hm? And try not to bite..."

Inwardly, he hoped Ceri had good medical insurance just in case...

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 2:44:59 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

All this static is going to leave her hair looking like a mess. She can feel it even if she currently has it tied in a neat ponytail.
[break][break]
At least she did manage to get her blood and tissue samples, but the next part…
[break][break]
Never has Ceri been more concerned about a buccal swab.
[break][break]
Do those fangs need to be so sharp?
[break][break]
She takes a deep breath, she forces herself to hold the Zeraora’s gaze, and then she’s also really fucking thankful that these cotton swabs are as long as they are. But, when the cat cautiously opens his mouth, all she sees are the sharp fangs within, and that sends a shiver down her spine.
[break][break]
On cue with it, she sneezes.
[break][break]
”Ah fuck… let me get another swab.”
[break][break]
It takes a few minutes, and Fulgora bites more than a couple of the cotton tips, but eventually, she manages to get her sample. The rest is easy by comparison.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 2:55:49 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby was damn impressed be 's steeled bravery. She barely flinched at the prospect of having all those sharp teeth bite down on her... well, until she sneezed, of course. Luckily it didn't startle the ZERAORA enough to react. He really was a good boy, despite being a little icy with strangers. It made Barnaby wonder how long it took for to build up so much trust with the Mythical Pokémon.

"Uh oh..." He lamented when Ceri had to retrieve a fresh cotton swab. When even more were needed due to Fulgora's chewing habits, well, it was just funny by that point. Barnaby grinned, unconsciously reaching out a hand to pet the electric feline - but stopped himself just inches from the ZERAORA's head.

Wouldn't want to tempt fate.

Soon enough Ceri was done and, if memory served, they'd gone through each collection procedure.

"Was there anything else you needed, Ceri?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 3:34:10 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

When Bee reaches to pet the Zeraora, its pointed ears suddenly flick back, eyes of a wild yellow being fixed on the executive. It’s almost as if he’s offended that the thought would even cross Bee’s mind, but at least Fulgora doesn’t do anything to him… other than reach for his outstretched forearm and grab onto it, that is. Extremely sharp claws just so barely poke at Bee’s pale skin, for Fulgora knows well how to measure his own strength.
[break][break]
He just wants to intimidate him.
[break][break]
Ceri would much rather the cat’s attention be on Bee than on her, and she gladly steps away to put the samples in storage.
[break][break]
Once this is done, Ceri gives Bee a bright smile (while standing at the opposite end of the lab)
[break][break]
”Yup! Do me a favour and next time bring me something nicer to deal with, will ya? …No offence to you, Zeraora, I know you’re very fast and very deadly…”
[break][break]
Fulgora’s response?
[break][break]
He stares at her and yawns. Is it to intimidate her or is he just bored?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 3:41:06 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A SUBJECT M2

SPECIES: 807 Zeraora ゼラオラ
[break]
[break]
[break]
WEIGHT: 101 lbs
[break]
HEIGHT: 5'5"
[break]
OWNER:
[break][break][break]
APPEARANCE: Slightly taller than average for species. Shiny colouration. Right ear clipped. No other abnormalities in appearance.
[break][break]
TEMPERAMENT: Responds well if trainer has commanded him to. Potentially aggressive, calm overall. Doesn't appear to be fond of being touched. Proceed with caution.
[break][break]
POKÉRUS-Y: Negative
[break]
SHADOW GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
ILLUMINA GENES: Not-Detected
[break]
SPECIAL MOVES: None
[break]
SAMPLES COLLECTED:
  • Pokérus-Y Rapid Antigen Detection
  • Buccal Smear
  • Whole Blood
  • Plasma
  • Tissue
  • Infinity Energy Readings

2022-10-01[break]
RESULTS PENDING

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 21:56:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: