he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 20:22:14 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could only wonder what these flowers really were. He hadn’t heard anything about flowers that blossomed into crystals until that day he had to help defend a garden full of them. Now he had Pokemon that could grow them on demand - in small amounts. Nowhere near the size he’d protected.

Yet he still didn’t know anything about them. And he still didn’t know much about how some of his Pokemon would glow and make them grow.

He could hear his Cutiefly buzzing around, and could hear the low hum of her glow as she Illuminated the area around her, noticeable even in the daylight (to people that could see it). He knelt down low, waiting for the flower in front of him to bloom; it wasn’t an instantaneous process, but it was still way faster than natural-growing flowers.

His Beheeyem was waiting near him as well, keeping him updated on the flower’s progress Telepathically. It wasn’t the only flower growing, but it was the closest to full bloom.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 20:33:41 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
His attention is first on the low buzzing he can heard under the whisper of the winds. At first, only meaning to head back to Lilycove after a visit to Mt. Pyre, he's now mildly curious. Ten again maybe he was just a little deprived. Mt. Pyre being the huge graveyard that it was seemed to just muffle sound. Even his pokemon were silent under the weight of death. A small kitten as his feet caught it first, cotton ball body damn near doubling in size as they caught the sound and then-

Ollie is off in a flash, sprinting towards it and Paxton can only give chase, now more concerned than curious. "Hey-!" he began to yell as Ollie dashed through the grass and towards the trainer and their pokemon. His eye on the prize though. The glowing, floating pokemon. With no hesitation the Meowth leapt into the air. "Ollie!" he snapped though he couldn't exactly do much other than watch said kitty cat sail over fledgling crystalblooms.

ooc: | pumpkaboo - p2 - graveyards

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 22:47:36 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
His Beheeyem wasn’t around just to look at the flowers, though. No doubt there were wild Pokemon wandering about, ready to pick a fight with anyone they encountered. Elga had proven time and time again to be capable of handling any threat that came their way.

The incoming Meowth had been very quiet, but Hideo’s hearing was very sensitive. The moment he heard that sudden rustling, he looked up, his Beheeyem taking note of where he was focusing. He spotted the Meowth, but it was too fast to push away Psychically - it was already in the air.

Yet there was enough time to send a Telepathic message to the Cutiefly - to get down. She did just that, her eyes bugging out as she saw the Meowth sail right over her.

His two Pokemon were ready for a battle, and Hideo was ready to order them - until they heard the voice speak a name.

Oh, it’s someone’s Pokemon,” Hideo muttered, putting away the Pokeball he’d been ready to toss. “Elga, make sure it won't try to jump her again.

His Beheeyem silently obeyed, an arm out ready to restrain the Meowth Psychically if need be. The rather-annoyed-looking Cutiefly was also ready to throw down if needed.

Could you keep your Pokemon under control?” Hideo asked aloud, “I don’t want a fight breaking out around here. Might hurt the flowers.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 23:00:26 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Ollie is unaffected or perturbed by the presences. Though he does look back as he sails over the glowing Cutiefly, falling and rolling over in the grass pathetically. Paxton frowned. While Ollie seemed about to cry as his playtime being rebuffed, the glow bug seemed like it'd just been scared by a ghost in some abandoned haunted house. "Ollie, leave it." he warned before turning to the child and their pokemon.

The cat's eyes only seemed to grow bigger at the pair of pokemon jsut glowered at him. But even Paxton was a little annoyed by the detour. Curiosity be dammed. "Sorry, he's-" he was about to say Ollie wasn't typically like this...but that'd be lying.

"He's just trying to play, I think." he added before looking over at the flowers the trio had been caring for. "Oh? Is this your garden?" he asked, mildly surprised at the still growing crystablooms.

ooc: | pumpkaboo - p1 - ghost + house

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 23:27:48 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Fortunately, there would be no fight. The other trainer was getting control over his Pokemon, so Hideo’s Beheeyem lowered his arm. The annoyed Cutiefly folded her front legs, still glaring at the Meowth. Play or not, she wasn’t keen on getting pounced by some random Pokemon.

Yeah, I got some Pokemon that can be like that,” Hideo shrugged, “No harm done.” Neither to his Pokemon nor the flowers.

As for what this was? “Not really. It’s just a nice place, and my Pokemon told me it’s a good spot to grow these flowers. My Cutiefly here can make them grow when she glows like that. ‘Cause she’s an Illumina Pokemon.

Though I got no idea why she can do that. I know the glowing does it, but I don't know why.” He knelt down, poking the flower that he’d stood by. It was almost ready to bloom. “Didn’t even know what Crystablooms were ‘til I had to protect some for a job. Now I’ve only found them when my Pokemon make them grow. Barely know anything about them anyway.

Other than that they apparently looked pretty. Not that he’d know.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 23:45:36 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

He nodded at Hideo. "Thank you." At least they weren't...super mad at him. That'd be awkward. "Oh, that explains the glowing." Ollie whined at the Illumina pokemon still wanting to play. Paxton got the feeling it was the same instinct as when he lit a laser pointed for his cat and watched him pounce. "Why are you growing them?" he asked offering a polite smile.

"Mmm, I don't think anybody understands the why behind it. I think...from what I heard the scientists discussing one time, something about the light or the energy from Illumina pokemon are special maybe? I think they're theorizing its different to regular light." he shrugged, not really super understanding it either.

"Ah, well to be fair, I first only knew them as an invasive species. Little plague weeds." he added wit ha snort. "Now we're using them as a resource or whatever." He paused before adding. "You know, I had to do a lot of field work with them when they first showed up...so if you have questions I can try to answer." he added, offering the little bit he understood.

ooc:

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 12:36:44 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The annoyed Cutiefly floated back to her trainer, ignoring the Meowth’s cries.

I’m growing them ‘cause I wanted to get more of them,” he said, the flower next to him beginning to bloom. “Flowers with crystals in them are pretty neat to have around. And I wanted to learn a bit more ‘bout them.” He knelt down, touching the flower and feeling it open under his hand. “Never found any flowers that grow this quickly before.” Even the ones his Zarude helped grow took days, not minutes - or even seconds in some cases.

Though he didn’t know if they normally grew this quickly - or it was just his Cutiefly’s influence. “Yeah, their light definitely makes these things appear. And I hear these things make their own light too.” A quick Telepathic message from his Beheeyem confirmed that last part. “They gotta do with all that weird stuff going on, like those Distortions appearing and all those legendaries appearing out of nowhere.

The man’s mention of them being invasive got him to raise an eyebrow. “They’re invasive? I mean, I guess they kinda are with how fast they grow, but I haven’t found them in the wild. Not in a while, anyway. They really so bad that you’d call them ‘plague weeds’?

He tapped the crystal at the center of the flower. “And, uh, how do they live with a big crystal in the middle? Don’t flowers have the softer stuff in the center to help them live or something?” As much experience as he had in his own garden, he didn’t know all the small details of flowers. That was left to his Pokemon most of the time.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 17:48:10 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Paxton's eyes moved over to his cat, scooping up the wining feline. Ollie didn't protest. The fluffball went limp in his arms, too saddened by the rejection to care. That'd go away in a bit. "Mmm...maybe try growing them at home. Or in your secret base then. The League is about to start collecting them soon. The full grown ones they can find anyway."

"Their growth rate is why they're little plague weeds." Paxton said with mild distaste for the alien flowers. "There's definitely that weird connection between them and Necrozma showing up. Or, correlation? Whatever she said it was." he shrugged.

"When they first showed up, they spread like fire in a dried up prairie. Couldn't stop it, could barely contain it. Attracted people and pokemon and, they'd attach to those people and spread. No matter what terrain. I saw them growing in cities, through cement cracks, near lakebeds, on sand. And when the sand stopped, they started weeding out, floating into the water like water lillies." Back then it'd been a little worrying. The pokemon issue was already apparent, though he never figured out what exactly drove pokemon to madness. "I recommended burning them the second patches were found after a while. They were going to choke out everything else in the ecosystem."

He watched Hideo playing with them. Still invasive, but not as bad as when they first arrived. "I think the flowers are...a weird manifestation of the energy they live off of. The same kind of energy that makes your pokemon glow. The energy groups up, solidifies into the 'hearts'. They act like flowers, but I'm starting to think they're somethign else."

Paxton then let out a laugh. "But I could just be talkin' out of my ass. As far as I've been told, the hearts hold energy, and the science department wants that for some new project."

ooc: | he is absolutely talking out of his ass because i can only theorize so much from the crumbs we get this is not gospel :pray:

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 13:54:03 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo stood up, plucking the Crystabloom Flower as he rose. His Cutiefly landed on top of the crystal at the center, her legs dangling around it.

The soil where I stay isn’t too great for growing these,” he stated, gently patting his Cutiefly, “I got some Pokemon that are great at finding where stuff grows well. One of them said this was a good spot for Crystablooms, and it seems like they were right.

Quietly, he listened as the man explained just how well these things grew - enough that they could grow anywhere. It wasn’t too surprising, considering how quickly the one in his hand grew, even if it had been due to his Cutiefly’s influence. “Well, then the League’ll have plenty to harvest,” he joked, “But I didn’t know they could get that bad.

Now he felt a bit guilty about growing them here.

As for how the flowers even lived, the explanation made enough sense to him (whether or not it was true). “So they just keep themselves alive. I gotta wonder how long they can live off just that energy.” With how much was going around, probably forever - or until the power got cut off.

And just what was the League trying to do with so many of them?

...any idea what that project is? Gotta wonder what big project needs a bunch of flowers, even if they really do hold energy like that.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 0:56:17 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"Seems like it." he said with a small nod at the boy and his pokemon. "Mmm, not exactly? Ever since Necrozma left they're becomming more scarce. They don't propagate as insanely fast as before." he said with a shrug. "Who knows, they might even ask for volunteers with Illumina pokemon to help grow them."

"Yeah, who knows. I didn't really pay attention to that myself." he said. The life span of an energy. He wondered if it was like radioactivity and the blooms had a half life. At the next question he shook his head. "Not exactly sure. Lookin' like its a power source possibly." he said with a snort. "Sorry, kid. The more technical details escape me. I'm just hired muscle."

ooc: | he is trying his best

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bloomin Odd
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 23:11:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded. "Yeah, they're a lot harder to grow now. Some of my other Illumina Pokemon can barely even make them grow." His Eevee struggled to make any fully bloom, even after evolving into a Sylveon. "And they don't seem to last long either. Some wilt in less than a day."

The one crystabloom in his hand was still doing fine, though perhaps that was from the Illumina Pokemon right on top of it.

There was little surprise the man didn't know much about what was probably a secret project. "Ah well," Hideo shrugged, "Not too shocked they wouldn't share information all willy-nilly like that. Wouldn't want the wrong people to start taking a look into it."

The "wrong people" being Rocket. They'd yet to give him any trouble, but he knew people who were dealing with them, and it didn't sound good.

"Though if I were to take a wild guess…they may need that energy to deal with that giant meteor coming down." If he recalled, they had a pretty wild plan to deal with it. "They're already saying they want to send it to another dimension. I didn't even know alternative dimensions were real, but then they announced it."

As much as he didn't like the plan, it wasn't like he had any answer for how to stop it.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights