Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Flirting with Your Toxicity [Lab]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 20:45:47 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Empoisonner
[break][break]
[break]
Entering League headquarters felt mildly uncomfortable, a shiver crawling up and down Elisabeth's skin as she stepped through the sliding doors.

Generally, she knew it was best to avoid notice by the higher echelon of the League. This was not something she had succeeded in, given her own irresistible curiosity, but it was something she silently knew would be prudent in her line of work.

Still, the request from one Dr. for Hisuian specimens of Pokémon to study had been... of interest.

Her hands tightened around the Pokeball that contained her Overqwil, emerald eyes scanning the premises for the direction of the lab in question. Unfamiliarity with the area left her a bit adrift, turning to ask the receptionist at the front for the correct way to direct herself.

Meeting with about crystablooms had been anxiety-inducing for its own reasons. To meet with a Head Scientist of the League, one with qualifications that put Elisabeth's own private scientific aspirations to shame?

It felt unwise. At the same time, it was intelligence that Elisabeth craved, and envied, in her own way.

"Hello?" she ventured, finding the room at last. "Dr. Morales, I presume?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
League Lab! ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 19:29:11 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It seemed like every week she was learning about a new variation of a pokemon that needed to be examined. The work was overwhelming at times, but very rewarding. She was almost complete with her research, and the excitement of putting the puzzle pieces together thrilled her to no end. Instead of nightmares and anxiety, her sleepless nights were replaced with delight and the thrill of discovery.

Many had traveled in and out of her lab, recently. The next guest was a flower shop owner from Oldale. Other than that, Eva really had no knowledge of Elisabeth. When she arrives, she’s greeted by the signature bright smile and enthusiasm of the Head Professor, “Yep that’s me!” she glides across the white tile to shake the woman’s hand, “And you must be Elisabeth! Welcome, welcome!”

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 4:05:48 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Empoisonner
[break][break]
[break]
Where Dr. Morales was all welcoming enthusiasm, Elisabeth herself was hesitant and restrained as she entered the lab when bidden. A polite smile graced her lips, lacking the same warmth as her companion entirely as she settled into a professional demeanor.

"A pleasure to meet you then, Head Scientist."

Swift and sudden, the abrupt shaking of her hand startled Elisabeth out of her prepared composure; this only manifested in the raise of her eyebrows and the faintest hunch of her shoulders. That, accompanied by the casual friendliness of being called by her first name, unmoored her somewhat.

It was not that Elisabeth wished to be icy with the scientist, nor that she was unhappy to meet with her. She could simply be, much like her plants, a tad prickly by her very nature.

Much like the Pokémon she had come here to show , in fact.

"Ah, well," she said, something like embarrassment tinging her voice as her hand fell awkwardly back to her side, "your research seemed far too important to ignore. I was just surprised I was in a position to assist you at all."

The Pokeball curled into her other hand was placed on the table, where a shiny Overqwil rested inside, unseen.

"In strange times like these, it is reassuring to be able to help the greatest minds of Hoenn. Even in such a small manner as this one."

[break]
[break]
[break]
League Lab! ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 5:50:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva can, admittedly, be a bit much sometimes. She forgets not everyone is as forward or as enthusiastic as she is. Sometime, it can rubs others the wrong way. She does know how to pick up on social cues and Elisabeth’s hesitation did not go unnoticed.

“Oh, please, just call me Eva,” she corrects after Elisabeth’s more formal greeting. The professor withdraws, lacing her fingers behind her back, “Inquiry of the unknown is always welcome in this lab,” she can’t help but talk with her hands, throwing them up to motion at the lab surrounding them, “Thank you for taking the time to go out of your way to help. Your contribution is invaluable!”

Her emerald gaze drifts down to the tight gripped pokeball in her hand, “May I ask what it is you brought to study today?” Eva gently motions for Elisabeth to follow her deeper into the lab and to an area better suited for Pokemon. An Indeedee waddles up to lend a hand if needed. For now, it simply stands aside with a careful eye on the two.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 3:22:45 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Empoisonner
[break][break]
[break]

Why was friendliness so unsettling? Elisabeth realised belatedly that she'd been preparing herself for hostility, albeit subconsciously.

Odd, that. It wasn't as if Dr. Morales had a vendetta against florists.

She cleared her throat, attempting a reassuring smile. The result was somewhere between uncertain and comically self-conscious, but its intent read as sincere, nonetheless.

"Eva, then. I am glad to assist."

Even the way that Elisabeth followed the woman further into the lab was stiff. When prompted, the Rocket admin nodded at first the scientist and then the Indeedee, then released the Hisuian variant onto the examination table.

"It's a newly documented species of Pokémon, as I understand it," Elisabeth explained, indicating the spines of the large, spherical Poison-type. "This one possesses a unique colouring as well."

Nerium wasn't a particularly friendly specimen of Overqwil, however. Nor did she seem pleased to be poked and prodded at for research, if her glower at the Indeedee was any indication.

[break]
[break]
[break]
League Lab! ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 19:43:25 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s eyes widen in awe at the sight of the Overqwil. She had heard reports of the Qwilfish evolution but she had yet to see it in person yet.

As always, she taps her pocket to awaken the sentient phone. The RotomPhone buzzes to life and shoots out of the lab coat, “Wow! What an interesting pokemon!” Eva leans closer but is very conscious of the large spikes protruding from the pokemon, “Do you mind if we snap some pictures?” she motions for the RotomPhone to proceed once permission is granted.

“Where’d you come across this guy?” typical history questions she always asks, “Have you noticed an new moves or abilities?” that seemed to also be a trend among the variants and new pokemon from the distortions.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 5:19:10 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Empoisonner
[break][break]
[break]

She nodded at the request for pictures, even as Nerium scowled with displeasure at being forced to endure flashing lights. This was essential research for the region, even if it was being conducted by the League. Cooperation was necessary, sometimes, for the greater good.

Although such beliefs faltered before Dr. Morales's next question. Purchasing such a peculiar Pokémon at the Black Market seemed an unwise admission to make aloud. Civilians likely weren't supposed to make use of such facilities.

"A distortion," Elisabeth said instead. Reports in Rocket intel and elsewhere suggested this was where similar species were discovered, at least. "She can perform Barb Barrage, which as I understand only Qwilfish know otherwise. And strangely..." She frowned, struggling to find the right words to say, before finally settling on, "...well, she seems to enjoy eating poison?"

Something which Elisabeth fortunately had in great supply.

[break]
[break]
[break]
League Lab! ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 17:34:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 There’s no question that the pokemon retained it’s poison-typing, clear by the large, conical spikes that protruded from its body. Each was tipped with a venomous purple.

Eva nods towards the Indeedee who starts to emit a CALM MIND to sooth the pokemon’s worries. Strangely. It doesn’t work. The Indeedee’s eyebrows furrow in confusion, she shakes her head to indicate she can’t sooth the pokemon, “Hm, a dark type perhaps?” she’s speaking to both herself, and Elisabeth, open to the florist’s hypotheses as well.

“Barb barrage?” Eva is not as familiar with the move and Elisabeth likely assumes, “I’ve heard of a new poison type move but haven’t seen it yet. Unique to the Qwilfish found in the distortions . . . and now this too!” Eva seems excited, and perhaps a bit anxious, “Can I see it? The move? she smiles, turning her gaze between Elisabeth and the Overqwil, “Please? We’ve got a training center down the hallway.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 18:33:44 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Empoisonner
[break][break]
[break]

"That is my suspicion as well. A curious combination, isn't it? I can't think of many Pokémon that share it."

The scientist's enthusiasm to see the Pokémon in action caught Elisabeth unawares, but only for a moment. It was pleasant, in a way? She herself got equally excited over the Gracideas and crystablooms as they had arrived in the region, losing herself to theories and hypotheses as she studied the new phenomena.

That did the same was... well, it was affirming.

"Of course." Elisabeth smiled, and this time, the effort came without force. "Lead the way."

The training room itself was reminiscent of similar ones Elisabeth had encountered on the Rocket submarine: sterile and fairly empty, with several dummies about for receiving the brunt of the attacks.

Nerium sat in the center of the room, puffing up with distaste for seemingly everyone and everything as the Overqwil answered her mistress's silent nod to strike. All at once, a BARB BARRAGE of countless toxic spikes struck the unfortunate dummy set opposed to the Pokémon, merciless in its relentless damage.

"There are some things I have privately observed, as well," Elisabeth commented. "Things that would be hard to witness on a mere dummy. If you consent to a living test subject, I can demonstrate, although I--"

Nerium did not wait for permission, however. Her beady eyes, instead, latched onto the Indeedee and began to attack once more. BARB BARRAGE found purchase on the attendant Pokémon, a POISON affliction taking hold moments before the impatient Overqwil did so again, only to cease at Elisabeth's sharp reprimand.

The demonstration did its work, however. This time, the attack was markedly more powerful than the last.

"...I apologize. Let me know if you require any healing on your Indeedee's behalf." Elisabeth pinched the bridge of her nose, exhaling, before she said, "As you can see, however, it is an attack that seems to grow in strength so long as its opponent is suffering some form of non-volatile status condition."

[break]
[break]
[break]
League Lab! ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:00:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva was already racking her brain to come up with pokemon of a similar typing. She can really only come up with one evolution line: Stunky, “A curious combination indeed!” she agrees, happy to see Elisabeth as equally as enthused and she is about the discovery.

“Wonderful!” she exclaims, motioning for the Indeedee to actually lead the way.

It’s a quick walk to the training room. There’s a reason her lab is so close to it! Part of the way Eva studies pokemon is through battle. There’s no better way to learn a pokemon’s true nature than to watch it battle.

“Get ready for it,” she warns the RotomPhone floating beside her. The device had recorded many new moves from the strange pokemon over the past few months, it wasn’t going to miss this one!

The BARB BARRAGE was really quite the sight to see, “WHOA!” Eva gasped, giddy as a child as the move fizzled out, “That was amazing!!!” without a second thought for safety she rushed past Elisabeth to inspect the dummy and collect a few of the toxic spikes for science.

Eva’s concentration is only broken by the painful squeak of the Indeedee as another BARB BARRAGE smacks against the psychic-type. AROMATHERAPY bleeds from the pokemon’s palms as she collects herself, staving off the poisonous effects of the barbs, “Oh my!” Eva immediately abandons her work to aid the Indeedee.

The following attacks were even more impressive, “Wow! That’s crazy!” she turns back to Elisabeth once the Indeedee is confirmed alright. The pokemon can seem to handle a few hits, “It’s alright! Nanny can take it. You should have seen what my Kleavor did to this place when I first studied it,” that was a mess . . . a big mess.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:08:02 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Empoisonner
[break][break]
[break]

Relief gave way to laughter, her acute embarrassment lessening as Elisabeth felt Dr. Morales' smile warm her. The Indeedee seemed to appear right as rain, too, despite her Overqwil's best efforts to assure otherwise.

"I'm glad. Nanny appears to be a very well-trained Pokemon, indeed. Nerium could learn from that."

She fixed the Hisuian Pokemon with a displeased glare, and Nerium puffed up in retaliation.

"Have you gotten to sample many other Pokemon from the distortions?" Elisabeth asked, looking up. She wouldn't normally dare to pry, but something in the scientist's enthusiasm had kindled her own to the point her initial caution left her.

It was nice, bonding with someone like this over mutual discovery. A pang of longing for a different life that she never got to live briefly took hold of her and went, a small regret that hid itself deep inside her heart.

[break]
[break]
[break]
League Lab! ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 18:25:50 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Much to Nanny’s distaste, she did not enjoy “taking it”. The brief taste of the POISON was unsettling and uncomfortable. Luckily, AROMATHERAPY was enough to stave off any lasting effects.

Eva focuses her attention on collecting some of the spike very carefully from Nanny’s plush coat. She carefully fills a glass vile before stopping it with a cork, “Oh yeah! I’ve got dozens of samples back at the lab!” she’s quite proud of her work, and it shows in her smile, “I’ve studied more than a dozen of the new pokemon and variants.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 20:23:17 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Empoisonner
[break][break]
[break]

The way that removed the poisonous spines revealed her experience, and Elisabeth privately approved of her careful precision. She'd had to learn things like that the hard way, once upon a time.

"Over a dozen?" Elisabeth repeated, her eyebrows raising perceptively. "That's quite a bit, considering their recency in the region. You must be pleased."

She moved as if to summon Nerium back to her Pokeball then hesitated, realizing she wasn't certain if the doctor had gotten everything she needed from their visit or not. The uncertainty in her eyes betrayed her as her hand fell loosely back to her side.

"Have you learned anything particularly surprising about them?" she asked instead.

[break]
[break]
[break]
League Lab! ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 20:27:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s precision comes from years of practice. She too learned things the hard way, once upon a time, and still was in some ways. And, unfortunately, some lessons she would likely never learn.

“Oh yes, the citizen scientists, such as yourself, have been a big help in accomplishing that feat!” Eva motions towards Elilsabeth, tucking the vial away in her lab coat, “I could have never done it without you all,” Team work makes the dream work, after all!

Eva moves to escort them back down the hallway and towards her lab. The Indeedee veers off early to go heal itself, “Quite honestly, they all keep surprising me in their own ways!” Eva glances back towards her new acquaintance, “I’ve never had so many thrilling discoveries in such a small amount of time. It’s been a whirlwind, to be honest.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 2:28:36 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Empoisonner
[break][break]
[break]

Citizen scientists? The phrasing caught Elisabeth off-guard, faint heat rising to her face. There was a strangeness in receiving this unexpected compliment, the sharing of the title 'scientist.' It was a silly thing, to have such a minor acknowledgement feel so significant.

Then again, she'd privately believed herself to be beneath the notice of a woman like . Some part of her, consciously or not, had expected to be patronized by a woman who had lived the prestigious life that Elisabeth had always secretly wanted.

Kindness took her aback more than most things.

"I'm happy to be of help, then," Elisabeth said finally, and the softness in her voice reflected a sincerity in her words.

Nerium was withdrawn into the Pokeball once more as the blonde was escorted out of the lab. In the lobby of the League's Headquarters, Elisabeth turned to the Head Scientist beside her -- a woman who, in many ways, wasn't what Elisabeth had expected her to be.

"I hope your research continues to be fruitful, but I can't say I hope the dangers of such phenomena continue in kind. It would be nice for Hoenn to have a reprieve from anomalies, however brief."

[break]
[break]
[break]
League Lab! ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]