awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Barrel Behind the Curve [S][C/Lars]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 8:17:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“But see, the thing is,” he remarked quietly, “…most of what you described about this… this individual who targeted you—doesn’t match up with what the Dark Triad’s about.”

He emptied the last of the risotto first before turning his attention back to the younger man’s statement.

“And see, they’re always accompanied by a Unown. Apparently, the ones that are known to have been at least pinpointed by the League—the ones who appeared in that cybernetic place you visited—they were all accompanied by a Unown that was their respective letter, or something.”

He also had ’s report to go off of, thanks to the level of detail.

“So if it’s true one of them had defected, there’s still three more out there somewhere…”

He then remembered something else…

“Did… do you remember any mention of the crystalblooms during your time there?”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,070 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 8:29:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh, as well, was finishing up his pasta. It was starting to regain its taste, now that he had a feeling perhaps Law Enforcement may have been barking up the wrong tree. "But if it wasn't the Dark Triad... then who was it?" he asked, trying to absorb some of the leftover sauce into a piece of garlic bread he had been saving for this moment. "This is quite the development. I think Law Enforcement might benefit from some cross-examination from you and . Even knowing the Triad might be a false lead could help a lot. I'm sure they could do it remotely, too, if travel is a problem."

Josh shrugged at the mention of Crystalblooms. "Not that I was paying attention to. What exactly are they?" he asked, Janus yawning from wearing himself out trying to get through to Lars and Josh. The Espeon looked like he was about to fall asleep.

{WC: 154}
{PC: 9}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Janus         Espeon         Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 8:43:33 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I… I have no idea, unfortunately. But fact of the matter now is that since you know that your potential attacker may be human, at least means you now have a new lead to go off of,” he continued, waiving his fork at the other.

“You’d definitely do good to contact the cops again, because from the looks of things they may have the wrong culprits…” he trailed off as he returned to the rest of his pasta.

At his mention of not knowing anything about them at all, he sighed.

“It’s just that… after my cousin and I talked about things… I remembered they used to be so proliferant, they were everywhere. But… now, well, it’s like they’re almost extinct. Nobody’s seen them in the wild anymore,” he hummed with a concerned look on his face.

with a teeny mention of

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,070 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 9:03:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It beats me, too. I'm just scared that if it's not the Triad, the case will quickly go cold," he frowned, unable to hold back a yawn. Janus' yawn was as contagious as the Pokémon move of the same name, apparently. He soaked up the remainder of the white sauce with the other piece of garlic bread. While he wasn't exactly in a food coma, that filled him up. "I don't remember if I mentioned it, but this is also not the first time this individual's gone after me. You follow much sports? Cause there was an article on PSPN about it."

"I'm going to go back to be questioned again as soon as I'm feeling well," Josh assured Lars. "You should let them pick your brain, too. You and a couple other people more familiar with the Triad and this other junk than I am." As Lars began to trail off about Crystalblooms again, Josh stood up and stretched. "No wonder I haven't heard of them, if they disappeared from Hoenn recently. It was probably before I came back. Anyway, thank you for dinner and listening to me. I think this is going to help a lot. I know you're worried about me, but I've kept my dream alive for over ten years. It's not going anywhere. I don't know how long it will take before I sit astride that thundercloud, but it's not an if. It's a when. Thanks for coming."

{WC: 244}
{PC: 10}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Janus         Espeon         Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 13:45:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Now that the other had mentioned that this wasn’t the first time this had happened, the look of concern on his face grew even deeper.

“Not yet, but now that you pointed me in that direction—I’ll make sure to check it out,” he replied quietly as he finished off his pasta and cleared away the takeaway containers he was going to dispose of once he left the apartment complex.

“Why didn’t you report this to the cops before, though,” he thought out loud, before realizing that the other may have overheard him.

He couldn’t help but worry, though.

“Still. Be careful who you share that dream of yours to. You might end up regretting it when someone on the opposite side finds out about it.”

He then stood up, before taking his leave.

“You be careful, hear me?” were his parting words.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 5:54:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: