Space, Time, and Worlds Unknown [c]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 2:06:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

The Meeting of Minds

& &

It is time.

After months of sleepless night, exhausting excursions, and close calls, they’ve gathered enough information to stitch it all together. Every little question is a puzzle piece waiting to find its place among the big picture. Through their combined efforts, and the countless citizen scientists that aided with providing samples, Eva felt they had enough pieces to attempt to at least find the corners and hopefully fill in the holes of the crisis that Hoenn faces: The instability of their cosmic, temporal, and spatial borders.

Eva has gathered them in a small conference room just down the hall from the Head Professor’s lab, “Hi, guys! Thanks for coming!”Eva invited and to her lab at The League HQ to collect their thoughts and present their findings, “I’m not sure if you two have met but, Illeana this is Angelo,” she motions to the pilot with a bright smile, “He has a lot to contribute to our research,” his help has really been crucial to the project.

“As I stated in my email, I wanted to get us together to finally dive through the data we’ve obtained and put our minds together to stitch it up into something tangible,” she motions towards the small bar against the wall where a steaming pot of fresh coffee sits. Eva has already poured herself a cup which sits in front of her on the table, “Unfortunately, we may be in for a long night . . . sorry,” but that is the nature of their work, and they’ve each sacrificed sleep many times before to get to where they are today.

+ A brief introduction

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 18:20:29 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Angelo Vestri did not need the bright red visitor lanyard dangling around his neck for the League HQ employees to know he didn't quite belong.

With his wind tousled hair and adventure worn leathers, the pilot is a mismatched puzzle piece amongst the smart casual attire and bustle of professionalism that exudes the hallways. Once or twice he meets a curious stare, smiling back at them with a knowing edge to the curl. 

Angelo looks anything but uncomfortable as he strolls into the small conference room to meet with the League's top scientists.

Thanks for the invite, Eva.

Scientist of not, after months spent collecting his observations and data, Angelo didn't feel like letting the conclusion to the mystery slip through his fingers.  

Tucking his collection of maps he'd brought with him beneath one arm, Angelo reaches a hand towards Illeana as they're introduced. Unbeknownst to him the thread that connects them, stained as crimson as the emblem had unravelled in his wake.

Just in passing. There wasn't much of a chance for introductions last time.” They'd all been a little busy, falling into Sea Hoenn and all. “Lookin' forward to working with you, Illeana.

He then moves to set his load down on the large conference room table, relieving himself of a collection of charts, rolled and bound by string. His satchel is also heavy as it slips off his shoulder onto a free chair.

Don't worry about it, I'm sure none of us are strangers to sleepless nights. But coffee is always a great incentive.” Blue eyes flicker to the bar and he smiles. “And you're one step ahead. Nice.

Maybe they could also get take out. On the League's dime, preferably.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 1:29:33 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she arrives mostly on time, arms full with reports, and a small smile on her face. it simply grows at the sight of eva and her sunshine disposition. despite whatever tension that many still exist between them, she's grateful for the summons.

the reports are quickly delegated to the nearest empty surface, the smooth counter of the conference table welcoming the stack with warm arms. and with newly freed arms, she turns to accept angelo's outstretched hand. despite the bloody string tethering both of them to , it is unknown within this capacity. and if it were, would angelo willingly shake the hand that healed his attacker?

despite it all, the smile holds firm in the same manner her handshake does.

"pleasure to meet you, angelo! hopefully it's the first of many collaborations."

she has an inkling this will not be the last time they gather to put their minds together but... she could chalk it up to a fleeting feeling instead of intuition.

coffee, however, beckons and she releases angelo's hand to follow the aroma over to the coffee bar. a sweet cup is made on autopilot, as if it's tradition in the hallowed halls of the league's science department. and in some way, it is.

takeout on the league's dime does sound nice, though...

"ready to kick off the sleepless night?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 18:32:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

The Gathering of Minds

& &

The introductions are smooth, which is expected. They are all pleasant people, there’s no reason they shouldn’t get along, especially in the name of science!

Coffee is collected, and they settle in for their long night. And yes, takeout on The League’s dime is certainly on the menu. Can’t think clearly on an empty stomach!

Eva settles in her own seat, cradling the warm cup of coffee between the palms of her hands. The rich aroma brings comfort and a sense of focus to her mind, “Let’s get started then, shall we?” Eva wiggles a little in her seat before swiping on the tablet in front of her. The presentation she has prepared for her own work shift to the table’s center, a similar way in which ’s did at the latest AQUA Initiative Assembly.

“The focus of this discussion group is the Space-Time Distortions that have been plaguing our region for the past year,” An image of a distortion from an aerial view takes up the majority of the screen, “The questions we aim to answer are simple: How are these occurring? Why are these occurring? Can they be predicted or controlled? And what threat, aside from the obvious, do they pose to Hoenn?”

The image shifts to a chart of sorts, the image of recently ‘discovered’ variants is scattered across the screen. By now, they are familiar.

“With the help of citizen scientists we have been able to study almost all of the variants reported in the distortions. We have collected biological samples documenting 22 pokemon variants, 5 of them being completely new pokemon to Hoenn. We have also documented 12 new pokemon moves, unique to many of these pokemon. More have been reported in the media. A study of all of these pokemon has told us these temporal rifts are occurring about 400-500 years ago,” But why so consistent?

The images disappear, replaced by large images of four colored shards: Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow, “Four unique items have been collected. These can only be found within these distortions. They contain unknown, unique properties that contribute to the new technology of SYGNA SUITS.”

Another set of images appears on screen, the image of a man before and after he entered a distortion. In one, he is young, about 25 years old, in the other he is wrinkled and grey, approaching about 75, “There have been countless reports of spontaneous aging within the fields of the distortions,” the obvious implication there leads to her next point, “The instability of time and space within these anomalies is dangerous, our biggest task today is to see if we can discover how to predict or even control these anomalies. Hoenn’s ethereal borders are under siege, and those borders are the only ones we don’t know how to protect,” Ultras Space, Sea!Hoenn, The Cloud; they all pose threats.

Eva’s attention turns towards Angelo, “Perhaps your maps can enlighten us on a pattern or confirm our fears of unpredictability,” She takes another sip of coffee as the retracts her images from the table’s center, giving Angelo the space to present his mapping of the distortions.

PROMPT: Share your research with the group ^_^ Feel free to do it in any manner you see fit.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 16:03:08 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
The scent of brewed coffee pleasantly tangles within the room, drifting up on steamy plumes of what is sure to be the first of many this evening. Angelo takes a seat at the large League conference table, freshly filled mug cradled in callused palm, forging use of the handle.

Ready when you are.

Reclining into the back of his chair, posture deceptively casual, his focus latches on as she takes the floor first.

Angelo takes a sip when the images of four, colourful shards click onto the screen. He has a generous pile of them himself, sat in a drawer in his hangar office.

He wants to dig a little deeper into what the shards could do, maybe see if he can hike their price if he decides to sell, but the Q&A was best left until after the presentations.

It's his turn.

Sounds good. Mind plugging this in for me?

Standing up from his seat, Angelo hands Eva a USB stick over the table. Once she puts it into her computer and the file booted, Hoenn is displayed in all her glory.

He still unrolls two large sheets across the broad surface of the conference room table anyway, finding it easier to work from and study.

First he smooths out a map of the Hoenn region and overlays a transparent copy on top, in which the locations of the space time distortions have been documented.

Both are his own handiwork.

Not like you two need hand holding I'm sure, but what you see marked in red is every location where a space time distortion has occured.” He smiles, blue eyes drifting down at his craft and bringing a fingertip to the first location.

Here's where they've shown up so far:

PETALBURG WOODS, SOOTOPOLIS OUTSKIRTS, MOSSDEEP, MT PYRE, SLATEPORT CITY, GRANITE CAVE, NEW MAUVILLE, METEOR FALLS, SLATEPORT BEACH, FORTREE AND RUSTBORO.
From what I've come across, their characteristics seem similar each time I go into one. They're all close in size, duration and can ignore our environment. Going through buildings and geography.

Like in the case of Slateport mall, where time had erroded the modern structures away inside the dome that had formed half-way through it.

It's only the south and south-east that have gone without instance. Could be put down to lack of land or the smaller human presence out there, but I haven't picked up on anything, either. And we know they can appear anywhere, even on the ocean, thanks to the one that was in the water close to Sootopolis.

Another roll of transparent paper is spread out on top of the base map, numbering and connecting the distortion appearances. 

Slateport is the only anomoly. Nowhere else has had two distortions show up so close in distance to one another. They had one in the city center mall and a couple of months later one at the beach during Splashfest.

Reaching down, he picks up his mug while scanning the red connective line. As he'd done time and time again. And still...

But so far, finding a pattern has been no dice. Not one that jumps out yet, anyway.

He may need to venture into a few more before then and if so, he'd be ready.

Angelo's gaze falls towards , passing over the metaphorical torch before returning to his chair and coffee.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2022 3:48:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as and take turns sharing their own research, she quietly absorbs each bit.

in a way... she places their endeavors into the puzzle of her own and watches as some are smooth matches while others are jagged obstacles.

she offers a mild theory after a moment, once angelo passes the torch to her. it's an afterthought, as if she can't begin her portion until she shares a thought on his.

"perhaps none have shown up in the south or south-east because there's nothing from previous eras there."

it's, truthfully, a stab in the dark.

and yet, she supports it slowly with her own research. where they found physical evidence, hers is more of a... legend based theory.

"i've been experimenting in as many distortions as i can find to see what happens when one tries to break through from the inside."

similar to the way she struck multiple primal points, it has been a frantic process.

"so far, i've found the distortions react in different ways when struck. for example, one distortion reacted with depictions of what seemed to be other worlds when struck by multiple unowns, z-moves, and mega evolution. another, however, had this pink cyclone-like energy appear when struck by two unowns and a z-move. the pink energy seemed to be either repairing the distortion's wall or... trying to attack it further."

she turns to the next piece of evidence, then, and it's on a seemingly wider scale than the distortion's walls.

"the barrier reacted in a similar way to the first example of the distortion's walls. i believe the two to be similar, perhaps tied together by their purpose or their creators."

and it brings her to her final piece, the one that originally caused a rift between herself and multiple colleagues. a rift she's slowly, painfully trying to close with bruised fingers.

"after the events in the cloud and the barrier being similar to the last distortion i experimented in, i believe the distortions and the barrier are both caused by the creation trio of sinnohian mythology. it does, however, cause me to also think the pattern of the distortions isn't exactly random."

it's another shot in the dark, aimed with tired eyes and multiple failures beneath the belt.

"with scenes of other worlds showing up on the barrier and the distortion walls, i wonder if the distortions are occurring in these places because the spatial wall between dimensions is weakest in those specific locations. slateport, for example, housed the night market disaster where an ultra beast came into our world. a distortion has also each been reported in the warfront locations of meteor falls, lilycove, and mauville..."

it's not a coincidence. it can't be.

but, she's still not sure what the other locations can stand for. she looks to eva and angelo to further piggyback off the concept, to add their own ideas and shine light onto things left in the dark.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 19:31:13 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

The Gathering of Minds

& &

Eva divulges her information without question. It’s quite straight forward stuff and the two who have extensively visited these tears in Space and Time don’t have any questions. She expects that and promptly plugs ’s USB into the port to begin his section of the meeting information.

The maps are quite impressive. Eva leans forward and taps her chin while she studies the images and the layered connections between the sites of the disturbances. brings up a good point, reiterating that many of these sites have been victim to previous disturbances before, solidifying the theory that perhaps there were area of weakness between their worlds and the others.

How could they strengthen those weakness? What key pieces of information were they missing?

Illeana comes to their rescue, outlining her own experiments within the distortions. However dangerous those experiments might have been, they gave them useful information. Eva’s thoughts lingered on this pink energy mentioned to either mend or attack the distortions. Her thought travel further back to the events of the STAR SOIREE. It was Unown that were able to rebuild the tears between their Hoenn and the Dream World.

The mention of the Creation Trio had been a sensitive subject between the two. Eva knew of Illeana’s dedication to finding them, and also her recklessness and willingness to risk everything. Eva’s lips pull into a frown and she looked towards Illeana, studying her words carefully. Her logic is sound, and Eva nods to confirm her understanding.

“When using just Unown, what was the result again? Specifically, was it just the Hidden Power or was there use of the UNOWN REPORT?” Perhaps that needed more careful scrutiny, “I ask because of the Star Soiree, if you recall,” she swipes to pull up the new article of the description of the Dream World, “Unown were used to repair the rifts between the Dream World and out with the help of the Unown Report . . . what if the report is an instruction manual? More importantly, what if it contains the code to using the Unown to repair rifts in Space and Time? It mentions the Creation Trio, does it not?” Eva frantically taps some more keys to pull up what is known of the Mysterious Device and the Unown Report within it.

PROMPT: Hypotheses on the distortions, idea for securing our spectral borders, then I will request mod postie <3

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights