Lulu Flint
to boldly go
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 0:17:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

meteno was upon them.[break][break]

or at least, very nearly. soon, they would be able to see it above them—and rather than scramble in panic, they would bravely go forth to meet it. to reach its surface, to learn, and to discover whatever opportunities lied there.[break][break]

what was the crystalline material that mossdeep had discovered on its surface?[break][break]

as the mission swiftly approached, she had taken a break to seek out one of rocket’s
top scientists—one she had been keeping a quiet eye on, but never directly spoken to. now, they would be leading their space mission together, alongside . introductions were most certainly, finally in order.[break][break]

she entered an area of the labs in which she was sure she would be able to find her. [break][break]

”miss sato?”[break][break]

a poipole hovered over her shoulder, smiling and offering a wave.
[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poipole"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
to boldly go
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 2:15:05 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","nomitest2text"]

[attr="class","nomitest2pkmn"]

Nomi looked up from her current collection of test tubes, their vibrant colors shimmering under the bright fluorescent lights of the lab. Hearing a voice, she pushed the safety goggles she'd been wearing up onto her forehead and turned around to face her visitor. She was pleasantly surprised to see approaching her, and she smiled warmly at the other woman. She'd been meaning to request an audience with the Rocket head scientist ever since the conclusion of the massive meeting had called regarding the meteor, but she'd had a lot of homework she'd needed to get ahead on considering she was, well, going to space.[break][break]
Valerian, Nomi's dutiful Sylveon, sniffed at Lulu with a degree of initial suspicion, but then seemed to make up his mind about something and nosed the dark-haired woman's leg affectionately. Val likes her, Nomi realized, intrigued. Val tolerated some people and disliked most. The few he did warm up to quickly always proved to be trustworthy.[break][break]
"Hello, Miss Flint," Nomi answered politely. "Can I be of assistance? I'd be happy to walk you through my current experiment." The pink-haired girl - who was far more observant than she seemed - cocked her head curiously. "Or perhaps this...is about our upcoming assignment?"[break][break]
The meteor. She'd been dreaming about it at night now, cold and dark and mysterious. What would it be like to actually traverse such an otherwordly landscape, to bring back samples, to meet whatever lifeforms might exist there? These thoughts had weighed on Nomi's mind ever since the Rocket meeting, filling her with an eager anticipation.

[attr="class","nomitest2ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Social! | Nomi's Outfit (under her PPE)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f29cdd;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
to boldly go
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 3:00:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

her eyes left the fizzling experiment underway and down to the sylveon brushing up against her leg. typically, the head scientist might’ve immediately stepped away. while no pets were offered, she briefly allowed it to invade her space uninterrupted. she was making friends today, after all.[break][break]

”indeed it is,” she confirmed, eyes raising to naomi again. ”although i’d certainly be interested to hear about your experiment, as well.”[break][break]

not a moment later, she was stepping closer towards naomi, holding a hand out to shake.[break][break]

”good to meet you, miss sato. i’ve heard great things about your work.”[break][break]

meanwhile, the poipole who had been lingering over her shoulder lowered in the air towards valerian, peering at the sylveon curiously a moment before offering a giggly grin.

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
to boldly go
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 3:38:23 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

"Likewise," Nomi replied, expression calm and measured despite the internal flurry of starstruck pride coursing through her at the realization that Lulu Flint, a very important person within the Rocket organization, had noticed, heard about, and believed in the quality of Nomi's work. "Your work is highly praised, as well. It is good to finally meet you, too."[break][break]
Nomi turned fully to face Lulu, then, and leaned her back against the lab table she'd been using, giving the other woman her undivided attention. She clasped Lulu's hand in her own and returned the intended handshake. Valerian investigated the Poipole with an intrigued flicking back of his ears, ribbons outstretched to curiously poke and prod at the other Pokémon.[break][break]
"What sorts of preparations are we to make, then? I assume you have some specifics in mind?" Nomi asked, allowing just a hint of eagerness into her voice. She wanted Lulu to know she was motivated, but not to the degree that she might make any silly mistakes. Careful planning and plenty of foresight were still of the utmost priority. "I meant it when I said - at the meeting - that I would do whatever might be necessary to ensure our success."

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2text u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2ooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .nomitest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
to boldly go
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 5:47:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she nodded, and her hand withdrew to fall at her white-coated side again.[break][break]

”i want to be ready to investigate whatever may be up there—not just the crystalline material we’re already aware of. i’d say, let’s be prepared to take samples of the meteoroid itself, and also, of course, any lifeforms we may come across.” [break][break]

at the mention of the meeting, there was the small twitch of a smile in the steely scientist’s features.[break][break]

”good to hear. that’s the spirit we like.”[break][break]

the poipole giggled more at the sylveon’s ribbons as they investigated it like antennas.[break][break]

”i’m afraid i don’t have specifics for you, miss sato. all i can suggest is to be ready for anything and everything.”

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
to boldly go
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 23:13:12 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Nomi nodded at Lulu's cautionary words, expression conveying the gravity of the situation and how seriously the young woman was taking it. But there was a slight spark of intrigue to her crimson eyes, and when she next spoke, her voice carried no hint of apprehension...only a bold curiosity. "And what does your intuition tell you, Head Scientist Flint? You strike me as someone who has already drawn your own conclusions regarding what we might find up there." She paused, searching for the right words. "Do you think there will be lifeforms? Something akin to Pokémon or..." She trailed off, letting Lulu's imagination piece together the rest of her inquiry.[break][break]
Nomi couldn't help but recall the nightmarish hybrid creature she'd dissected with recently, a shiver traveling down her spine at the memory of what its biology had implied. Would she encounter similarly horrific creatures on the meteor? The thought did not deter her from wanting to go, but it did emphasize Lulu's warning to be ready for anything.[break][break]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
to boldly go
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 23:47:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she considered quietly for a moment. intuition was certainly a large part of what drove the head scientist. [break][break]
”my intuition is never conclusive, sato. it is merely the driving force of many of my studies.”[break][break]
other dimensions. ultra space. the interdream zone. the unshakable idea that there was more out there which was obtainable.[break][break]
”it is experience which compels me to be prepared for that which may elude my intuition. if i were to inspire anyone on this mission to expect one thing based on a gut feeling, then they would be more likely to be caught off-guard by another, and that would be a risk of lives.”[break][break]
she paused, watching her poipole circle the sylveon once.[break][break]
”however, we are aware there are things out there. deoxys came from space, after all. i would say that we should be well prepared to discover life anywhere we have yet to explore.”

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
to boldly go
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 1:56:14 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Deoxys. How Nomi would love to study such a creature. Indeed, there was life beyond Hoenn - beyond their entire planet. That much was clear. Lulu Flint was a highly intelligent woman who's observations were keen, but her cautionary tone when speaking of intuition was what made an impression on Nomi just then. The pink-haired girl nodded, understanding.[break][break]
"You're right, of course," she agreed. "Too much speculation can lead to a lack of resourcefulness when something inevitably surprises us. We must balance intuition with the logic of planning for a myriad of different variables...as one would during any proper scientific experiment."[break][break]
Nomi paused, then added in a low, decisive tone, "I do not intend to settle for anything less than a profound astral discovery, Miss Flint. Therefore I must assure you that I am quite ready to face whatever horrors await us." Her crimson eyes did not betray a hint of fear - only a white hot surge of ambition. Where it had come from, Nomi could not say - but it sparked and sputtered like a dusty engine roaring to life after many long years of neglect.[break][break]
Valerian turned away from the poipole to stare at Nomi, his baby-blue eyes like cloudless summer skies. She did not meet his gaze, but continued to look directly at Lulu. This mission could be the death of you, a small voice warned in the back of her mind.[break][break]
But the fear did not come.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
to boldly go
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 3:49:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

profound astral discovery. whatever was on the meteor would surely be nothing less—and it would belong to team rocket.[break][break]
a nod of approval was given at the understanding. ”precisely.” and when nomi looked her in the eye, committing her best to the mission, the tiniest hint of a smile could be traced on the head scientist’s face. ”such dedication will take you far.”[break][break]
her gaze shifted, hovering over the landscape of nomi’s study.[break][break]
”and what about your intuition? anything in particular you believe we might find up there?”

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
to boldly go
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 14:33:39 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Her own intuition...
Nomi considered it. When she thought about the meteor, she usually focused on logistics: how they were getting there, what they were bringing, how they might mine it. But had she considered anything about its nature, or what they might find besides a mineable substance? Her gaze grew suddenly distant as she let her mind wander, picturing the darkness of space and a rocky surface where no human feet had yet traversed.[break][break]
"Something's definitely up there," she murmured. "I have a feeling it's not just minerals, and not just energy. You're right, there will be life there. I don't think we'll be alone when we arrive on the meteor. Whether or not we meet whatever lives there..." she shrugged noncommittedly. "All I know is, if someone was trying to steal from my house, I'd surely do something about it."[break][break]
So we need to be careful, her expression suggested, though she did not say this part out loud. Lulu would understand.[break][break]
"I plan to travel with you, if that's agreeable," Nomi added, changing the subject to logistics once more. "I trust you to get us there safely. And though I may not look like it, I can offer you some protection." She flashed Lulu a wry, if determined, smile. Then her attention turned back to the work she had been doing in the lab prior to Lulu's arrival.[break][break]
"In the meantime, I'd be happy to tell you all about my ongoing experiment."

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
to boldly go
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2022 3:04:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: