Lulu Flint
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 0:58:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

note: this thread takes place some time before TOP3[break][break]

it had been some time since they had met. their last meeting had not been about the growingly scarce crystablooms, but rather about dreams. however, that was not the cause for her reaching out today.[break][break]

in a corner of the lab, she waited for the admin. her eyes rested one of team rocket’s prized possessions: the eternal flower floette, as it hovered within its glass confines. the dark flower it cling to was full of mystery, a strangely everlasting power practically radiating.[break][break]

a power that would hopefully propel them to greater opportunities.[break][break]

the head scientist’s poipole lingered nearby as well, its attention similarly poised on the trapped fairy-type.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poipole"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 2:07:27 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
The Eternal Flower Floette had caught Elisabeth's attention immediately after her appointment as admin. How could it not? Such a fascinating phenomena was compelling, and the fact that it was in Team Rocket's possession satisfied her immensely.

Had she lived another life -- a civilian life -- someone like her would rarely bear witness to such a thing. Scientists with certifications and peer-reviewed research would stand where she stood, instead.

A faint smirk curled her lips at the notion. Moments like this reaffirmed her decision to throw a life of ignorance away.

"Have you visited the Eternal Flower Floette before?" she asked, turning to the woman beside her. The nerves that had held her the first time she met had begun to slowly abate, relaxing into the rhythm of two pleasant colleagues sharing insights with one another. "This has been my first opportunity to do so."

Out of the corner of her eye, the Poipole attracted what precious little of her attention was left, the creature bringing to mind what magnificent power had revealed with her Nihilego in the Cloud not so long ago.

One thing at a time, she reminded herself. Poisoners could be patient in that way.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ The Eternal Flower Floette ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 2:41:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the poipole saw her first. it smiled, offering a wave in greeting. lulu’s eyes were torn away from the flower at the admin’s voice. instead of offering a hello, the smallest nod was given in greeting, before her attention returned to where it had been before.[break][break]

”this is the first time for me as well,” she admitted. ”infinity energy has held much of my focus, but this particular specimen has spent its time either within the absorber, or in the care of an apothecary named .”[break][break]

her eyes traveled up to the elisabeth again.[break][break]

”i sought it out because it has come to my attention that the crystablooms are dwindling, just as we’re at our greatest need for their energy.”[break][break]

”how has your research been going?”

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 3:36:25 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Funny, the way that neither of them seemed to require the small talk of introductions and pleasantries with one another. There was a sense of familiarity that came with dismissing the need for that social dance. Privately, it pleased her.

"It's been more difficult to procure crystablooms organically, as you say. But we've had some success growing our own. Limited, mind you, and in very small quantities, but success nonetheless."

Which was to say that her own studies with the crystablooms continued at a decent pace.

As a gardener by trade, Elisabeth had privately taken over the tending of that lab, and no one had questioned her desire to do so. They were picky, particular plants -- difficult to grow and more difficult to keep alive -- and few had the patience to keep such a frequent eye on them. Perhaps would have been saddled with the assignment if the florist hadn't volunteered for it so readily.

For Elisabeth, tending the flowers was a relaxingly dull task that she was well-suited to by her very nature. It calmed her.

"They are astonishingly powerful conduits of infinity energy, however. What was able to do with a single crystabloom's heart was..." She shook her head in amazement, the video she had taken from that encounter something she had forwarded to the moment it had been recorded. "It opens many doors for us, I think," she said at last.

More than she could comprehend at the present moment. Her imagination felt confined by artificial boundaries, still too fearful to truly embrace wilder ways of thinking and dreaming.

"I've heard some things about the Absorber here and there." had told her enough to pique her interest, and to silently alarm her in others. "How it fires infinity energy, no? It restored Lugia's mind to something hale and whole."

She stared at the Floette a moment longer, eyes narrowing.

"I take it that the Floette here is the source of that infinity energy?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 4:51:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”glad to hear. hopefully, those in our possession will survive.” she had to wonder, was it the absence of the tree, or rather what had caused it to disappear which had caused the death of so many of the blooms?[break][break]

opens doors was right. she nodded in agreement, ”sync stones…” the power of the crystabloom hearts was a fantastic discovery for technology. ”it was very impressive, indeed.”[break][break]

the topic returned to the floette. pitiless amber eyes still lingered on it, professionally detached. [break][break]

”the floette, or the flower it’s holding—but i’m not quite sure which. they’ve never been separated.” the implication was there. that’s what they were here to do today. [break][break]

her eyes passed to the admin again. [break][break]

”if it’s the flower, then it would only make sense to try and propagate it, wouldn’t you say?”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 6:19:12 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"They will survive," Elisabeth heard herself say with uncharacteristic confidence. "We won't ever have the bounty we did at their height, but we will maintain enough that I hold no concerns for their present longevity. Not for awhile, at least."

A veritable army of machinery and regimented routine had ensured that. If ever explored the crystabloom labs herself, she'd see that Elisabeth had brought humidifiers, miniature fans, and grow-lights to tend to these sparkling divas of the floral realm. It was tedious, but the combination provided the best results of anything else Elisabeth had tried.

And Rocket deserved her best, always.

"Hm."

Elisabeth knelt down before the glass-confined Floette, contemplating the mysterious Pokémon. She was familiar with Florges and their evolution line, and believed herself more attuned to the raising of them than most other species.

Nonetheless, as she stared at the flowery creature, the unsettling sense that she was meddling with something beyond her abilities came and went.

"Pokémon can be sensitive to change," she murmured, and with that thought in mind, she opened a Pokeball. Newly released, a Sylveon purred at her legs as it manifested in a flash of pink light. A CALM MIND emanated from the ribbon-adorned Pokémon at Elisabeth's unspoken request, seeking to soothe the Floette behind the glass.

Only then, when she believed the Floette might be at ease, did she attempt to slowly and carefully procure the dark flower from its tiny hands.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 7:18:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

elisabeth seemed sure of herself.[break][break]

”wonderful.” a simple word which wrapped up the topic for now. hopefully, expectations would be met. [break][break]

without much further ado, the admin was busying herself with removing the flower. lulu, though surprised at the immediacy of the action, watched intently, stopping nothing.[break][break]

the floette would release the flower, calmed by the sylveon’s influence. that much was successful. lulu regarded the tiny fairy, left without anything in its tiny hands. she then left towards a nearby refrigerator, pulling the door to reveal several types of flowers.[break][break]

”i’ll need to run tests before we attempt anything else. i presume it will need something to keep it occupied.”[break][break]

several of the flowers were placed on a cart and wheeled over. fleabanes and daffodils, bloodroots and buttercups, and more.[break][break]

without anything to hold, the floette soon began to slouch, almost as though wilting, itself. when offered anything besides its special flower, however, the alternatives would be denied. when lulu left to perform her tests, it would become quickly apparent that the floette required the presence of its mysterious blossom, and perhaps that the head scientist ought to deliver it back sooner than later.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 19:30:09 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth felt a faint stirring of pity for the unhappy Floette as it watched them both morosely, eyes focused upon its thieved flower with transparent longing.

No other blossom could compare to this one. Not buttercups, not daisies, not daffodils, not freesias... Nothing at all, save for this mysterious blossom that, like the Gracideas and crystablooms before it, intrigued Elisabeth as something not of the documented world of naturally-occurring flora.

It was this thought that led Elisabeth to attempt her next action, offering the Floette one of the misty blue flowers that possessed the same infinity energy that the Floette was known for. She'd slipped herself one from the crystabloom labs on her way here for that very reason.

"How do you feel about this one?" the botanist asked pleasantly, watching as the small Pokémon took the jewelled flower into its hands. This flower was heavier than the others, weighing down its thin arms somewhat. The Floette regarded the pale petals with interest, and for the briefest of moments, began to smile as its face was bathed in an enchanting bluish glow.

In time though, the novelty of even this blossom likewise lost the Floette's attention as it turned to look once more for its original flower mournfully.

"Particular little creature. I wonder what makes that flower so uniquely special to it."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 23:09:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the tests performed determined something peculiar. the flower began to drain, much like the crystablooms did when severed from their source of energy. when lulu returned with the flower in her gloved hand, she was surprised to find the floette holding one of those same blooms. her eyes shifted to elisa, nerves rising.[break][break]

”you should consult me if you’re going to do something like that, you know,” she stated, wearing a certain sharpness about her tone. ”there was a reason a crystabloom was not in that fridge.” they were new, still very mysterious.[break][break]

with a brief assessment, the scientist’s feathers smoothed again, and she presented the eternal flower back to the floette gently.[break][break]

”it appears the eternal flower begins to lose its power when not held by the floette—just as the floette weakens without the flower. both are extraordinary and yet, this suggests they are dependent on one another. symbiotic.” like and his extraterrestrial parasite.[break][break]

she paused, watching as the life force between the two began to visibly increase again.[break][break]

”we will be exploring ways to use this floette’s power for a propulsion system. however, i think propagating its flower will do us no good after all. this is what we have to work with.” and no more. ”but it should be plenty.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 23:26:29 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
At the sudden steeliness in Lulu's tone, the florist tensed slightly before taking back the crystabloom with a stiff nod. "Of course. My apologies for presuming."

'Impulsive' was not a word often used to describe Elisabeth Fiorelli, but surprisingly, it wasn't an inaccurate one. In moments like this, caught up in the headiness of excitement and intrigue, her curiosity slipped out. The careful walls of caution and wariness lowered with her inhibitions, and along with this, her perception of potential threats.

She had gotten too comfortable in her manner with the Head Scientist, perhaps, too soon. Silently, Elisabeth resolved not to make this mistake again. Hierarchies existed for a reason; neglecting them due to perceived familiarity was dangerous.

Such thoughts drifted in and out of her consciousness as Elisabeth listened to detail the symbiosis of the Floette and her assessment regarding propagation. "That sounds wise," the blonde agreed mildly, nodding. Why propagate a flower that required the Floette to achieve its desired result? Only one was necessary, in that case. "A propulsion system... have you a goal in mind for such a thing?"

Elisabeth could make educated guesses, but nothing concrete came to mind. Where she would normally look to the scientist, a faint discomfort from having miss-stepped led her to gaze at the Poipole again instead, as if thoroughly intrigued by its presence.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 5:09:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”not a problem.” a swift response, like a hand smoothly brushing the moment off the shoulder of her labcoat. she moved on.[break][break]
did they have a goal in mind?[break][break]
”yes.” she looked up from the floette again, and although the offense of the crystabloom had cooled her demeanor, there was a sparkle in her eye. ”propulsion of spacecrafts.”[break][break]
though much was still in the works, even as their first mission quickly approached.[break][break]
”with the limitless power of the eternal flower floette, team rocket will soon be ready for boundless exploration.”[break][break]
an assistant was waved in to remove the odds and ends of their experiment, and the floette was prepared to be delivered to another part of the lab. the part where said propulsion system was already mostly complete, and awaiting tests.[break][break]
”i am curious about your thoughts regarding the flower, but we are short on time. i’ll be doing tests on that system next, if you’d like to join me. you would be a welcome presence for the floette’s sake, should anything go awry.”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 4:00:49 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Spacecrafts. How outside the horizons of Elisabeth's own mindset such a concept was.

Maybe it was her own tether to matters of the earth that made space seem beyond her ken.

"An incredible feat, to be certain," Elisabeth murmured in agreement, intrigued by the confidence that radiated from as she spoke. "And a feat I suspect the League has not explored to the same degree as we have." What might be the end-result of such exploration? Then again, that answer was self-evident: dominion.

Team Rocket had always had one agenda, and one alone: to conquer all regions, here and elsewhere.

Elisabeth watched as the assistants did Lulu's bidding, idle memories of servants tending to Kalosian nobility briefly amusing her with their unexpected similarity. The comparison was more apt than she realized; knowledge of Lulu's own Galarian background was unknown to her.

"I'd be glad to join you both," she said easily, rising to her feet as the Floette was escorted away. "Whatever experience I can provide, I'm pleased to be able to offer my assistance."

Ego had rarely been Elisabeth's problem in Rocket. For better or worse, a deferential nature had been instilled in her a long time ago, and she was content to follow Lulu's lead.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 23:02:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”there was once a time i would say the same, but i believe the league has proven their recklessness time and time again, especially with their recent endeavors. this is not merely going the cosmic path less traveled. it is a race.”[break][break]
at elisabeth’s response to the invitation, the head scientist nodded. ”wonderful. onward we go.”[break][break]
soon, they were in a larger part of rock’s facilities, surrounded by titans of machinery. the floette was loaded into the absorber, surely an all-too-predictable fate for it. they were offered more gear. suits, goggles, all of it.
eventually, when they were all suited up, they’d approach the test area.
”you may begin!”[break][break]
a call commenced their first trial. power was sucked through the absorber, and distributed to the system. force erupted into a cooled duct from a hulking test nozzle, and thrust was measured.[break][break]
”give it more!”[break][break]
and more was taken from the floette, which slowly began to weak again, visible through the window of its container.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
in bloom
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 3:52:58 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Recklessness, hm? Elisabeth frowned at the notion, tucking her opinions regarding that matter into the back of her mind. What did she know about space, really, to be able to comment on such a thing?

She'd imagined the League's greatest hindrance in the sciences would be its attachment to rules and procedure; it seemed odd to be judging them for seemingly lacking in safety protocols, when her own organisation valued them far less.

Donned in goggles and suits, Elisabeth watched as the Floette was returned to the Absorber, the tests draining it of infinity energy over and over again. seemed in her element here, commanding the experiments with a level of experience reflected in how immediately it was obeyed.

While it seemed a silly, trivial matter, Elisabeth's eyes remained focused on the Eternal Flower Floette as the tiny Pokémon faced its fate. The Rocket admin almost offered it a small smile, only to second-guess herself; such reassurance seemed foolish to give in a place like this one, and might be misconstrued by her peers as disapproval of the experiment in the first place.

She supposed she found it easier to empathize with Pokémon than with people.

"It's a resilient little thing," she commented idly. "How many such trials can it endure at a time, before it becomes too drained?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in bloom
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 7:57:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the tests proceeded, floette clutching its dark flower close as energy was taken, the draining of a virtually bottomless spring of life.[break][break]
“approximately 5,268—give or take a few.” lulu answered matter-of-factly. ”or so i’ve been told.”[break][break]
how they had come to such a number would remain a mystery, perhaps. she hadn’t questioned the biologist who had informed her, figuring the number was so impressively far off from what they might attempt that the exact number didn’t really matter.[break][break]
she noted the way elisabeth’s gaze lingered on it. did the admin pity it?[break][break]
”we give it breaks, of course.”