Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
M.A.G.M.A TRIALS: ILLUMINA 1
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 2:52:08 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
had promised something interesting today.

Not that any of their meetings had been boring by any means. However, she was the one providing the Pokémon on this occasion, saying that Barnaby just had to witness the phenomena that was planned.

Barnaby had agreed, of course. His curiosity was notorious and everything that had occurred previously had only served to pique it more and more. He was already poised to take notes by the time Ceri entered the lab, his well-used leatherbound journal in hand. Not a digital device, like most reporters might use.

Some things were better meant for pen and paper.

"What have you got for me today? I'm at the edge of my seat."

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #3
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 12:59:24 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Everything has been prepared, it all has led up to this moment. Weeks and weeks of collecting samples, of analysing them, and of research. Months spent learning everything there is to know about Illumina Pokémon.
[break][break]
”We’re doing an experiment.” Ceri beams when announcing her intent to Bee. She had asked him to help because it had felt right. After all, he had been here with her through much of what had led up to this.
[break][break]
She reaches into her lab coat’s pocket to retrieve a pristine Love Ball. From it, an Ivysaur is released onto the steel table.
[break][break]
”This is Gort. He was my first pokémon” It’s said proudly, and upon being introduced, Gort waves one of his vines to greet the executive. ”And this is a Philter of Luminescence.”
[break][break]
The solution is contained in a test tube that she holds with clamps, it’s bright green and seems to release a subtle glow – luminescent.
[break][break]
”It supposedly makes a pokémon into an ILLUMINA pokémon. I’ve ran some tests on it and that checks out, but I’m interested in seeing the effects for the sake of potentially replicating the formula.”

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OUTFIT + Lab coat ♡[break][break]
M.A.G.M.A Sector A | Tier III | Reproduct

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 15:12:19 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
An experiment was what Barnaby had expected. was a researcher, after all, and all their efforts had been toward that vein. But purposefully turning a normal Pokémon into an Illumina? Now that was particularly interesting.

"Really?" His voice was brimming in awe. "Did you make this philter?"

Of course, he had no inkling on the specifics of how to concoct such a thing. He raised his pen to paper, ready to write out any details she could provide.

Meanwhile, Barnaby's ROTOM levitated from his back pocket and floated into view.

"Oh, you don't mind if I video the transformation, right?" He asked with a cheeky smile as his phone switched into camera mode.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 16:24:14 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”No, no, see… That’s the weirdest thing! I’ve been trying to find a method to process Crystablooms to create Illumina pokémon since I could see the similarities, but nothing was working out, and then this Delphox appears with these potions–… Anyway! I think it may be the doing of the same people who were behind the hatchery stuff and I’m starting to wonder if they messed with the eggs during the Infinity Energy surge to create those results.”
[break][break]
She’s ranting, she knows as much, so she stops herself, lovingly patting her Ivysaur. Ceri knows that in theory this should work out fine and not harm her pokémon, she has ran all the tests, but because she had decided it should be Gort instead of a random test subject that means little to her, she can’t help but be a little bit worried.
[break][break]
Does her excitement over the possibilities trump that worry? Absolutely.
[break][break]
”Filming it would be great, actually! Tell me when you’re ready and we can begin. I think the transformation will happen relatively fast… like an evolution, if I’m right.”

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 16:37:59 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The distinctive scratching of pen on paper carried lightly behind every word Ceri spoke; Barnaby made sure not to miss any details. In addition to that, he also wrote his own thoughts and hunches, especially when the Hatchery was mentioned... why did this organization continue to meddle in Hoenn's affairs?

"Yes, I've actually run into this Delphox myself..." He admitted absentmindedly, his thoughts on the absurdity of the situation. At the time, Barnaby had assumed the Pokémon was a Halloween stunt, and yet...

"Well! We can talk more about that later. Let's get on with the show!"

He waved his hand, gesturing for his ROTOM to take the optimal position right in front of Gort. The camera began filming seconds later.

"Ready when you are."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 17:29:09 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Oh! Have you?”
[break][break]
Ceri would ask for details, but Bee is right: the time to speak of such things isn’t here and now. She takes a deep breath, looking at the glowing liquid held in the test tube and then at her own Ivysaur – the pokémon her mother had given her when she was a little girl.
[break][break]
”Alright, Gort. I need you to drink all of this, okay?”
[break][break]
The pokémon trusts her, and so, it does as she asks. Vines pick up the glass tube ever so carefully and the strange concoction is drank. There’s a supernatural feeling to it all; as if it were a witch’s brew. This is science, though. There has to be a way to replicate this formula. There has to be a logical explanation for its effects.
[break][break]
Yet what happens before their very eyes is as if magic itself.
[break][break]
Glowing spots begin to appear all over the Ivysaur’s body, spreading as if a pattern. The bud on its back seems to harden and emit light of its own, almost to resemble the heart of a crystabloom. Through it all, Gort exhibits no apparent discomfort.
[break][break]
”...Amazing.”

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 18:00:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby sincerely hoped that his ROTOM was able to capture the stunning beauty of the transformation happening before them. It was unlike the typical evolution he'd witnessed many times before - this was distinctly different.

"Incredible..." He echoed Ceri, his voice hushed as luminescent patterns began to bloom across her IVYSAUR's skin.

When it appeared that the transformation was complete, Barnaby continued once again to scribble in his journal, wanting to write out the experience while it was still fresh in his mind. When he was finished he'd look up, pinning Ceri with an excited expression.

"Look at that! It worked! Congratulations!" This was a scientific marvel, right? Should they celebrate the achievement in some way?

"So what are your next steps now that Gort is officially an Illumina Pokémon?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 18:48:34 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Once the transformation is complete, the Ivysaur stretches as if growing accustomed to its new form, shaking the bulb on its back and causing countless luminescent spores to fall all over the steel table. It’s quite literally fantastic; like out of a fairy tale or something.
[break][break]
Ceri has studied plenty of Illumina pokémon before, she arguably shouldn’t be this amazed, but the transformation itself is the most incredible part of all.
[break][break]
Until now, they had thought pokémon could only be born with such traits…
[break][break]
Now we keep him under observation in case more changes happen overtime, get samples from him and compare them to those of pokémon born as Illumina to see if there’s any noticeable differences, try to figure out how the potion managed this change, and see if we can synthetize our own version of the Philter of Luminescence! ” She beams, clearly excited by all of it.
[break][break]
This is the sort of thing Ceri loves doing.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 19:20:40 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
With the experiment complete, Barnaby's ROTOM ceased filming and levitated to its trainer, sliding easily back into the pocket from whence it came.

The journalist paid no mind to this. Instead, as Ceri relayed her plans for her new Illumina Pokémon and the research that would inevitably follow its transformation, Barnaby again wrote everything down in turn, one by one.

"If you ever need a new test subject for the synthesized version, let me know. I have a few Pokémon I could offer." He piped up, not-so secretly hoping she would take him up on his suggestion. He owned a few Illumina Pokémon... but selfishly thought that it would be quite pleasing to have an Illumina VULPIX in his collection.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 13:47:34 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

It’s not Ceri’s most grand achievement. Not really. This isn’t really her work – not her formula. She merely studied it, analysed it, theorised on its exact effects, and only she deemed it safe for use, she tested it on one of her own pokémon. She’s glad Gort is safe, perhaps even more glad than due to the change itself. These are things she won’t share with Bee, of course, but they’re true nevertheless.
[break][break]
”Sure, I’ll let you know! I’ll probably start working on replicating the formula as soon as I’m done with analysing these samples. Exciting stuff, huh? Who knows, soon we may be able to make as many Illumina pokémon as we want.”
[break][break]
She winks at him then, but she’s mostly joking. Judging by her tests, mass producing the Philter of Luminescence is likely impossible. Then again, Ceri does love a challenge. It’s science, but at the same time, she sure as hell feels like some kind of witch brewing potions that do incredible things – that’s part of the magic of it.
[break][break]
”Thanks for your help today, Bee! Send me that footage, I’ll add it to my report.”

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 13:49:37 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A REPORT #72

ARTIFICIAL ILLUMINA POKÉMON TRIAL #1

[break][break]
DATE PERFORMED: 2022-10-21
[break][break]
RESEARCHER:
[break][break]
ASSISTANT: Bee ()
[break][break]

To determine whether it is possible to grant pokémon ILLUMINA CHARACTERISTICS through artificial means, SUBJECT IA1 has been dosed with a solution referred to as PHILTER OF LUMINESCENCE (Referred to annexed reports regarding its composition).
[break][break][break]

Upon consuming the solution, SUBJECT IA1 – a standard Ivysaur – begun a metamorphosis, developing a luminescent pattern. All alterations to SUBJECT IA1's physical structure after consuming the solution indicate that the Philter of Luminescence has SUCCESSFULLY GRANTED ILLUMINA CHARACTERISTICS TO SUBJECT IA1.
[break][break][break]

SUBJECT IA1 will be observed for further changes. A standard set of samples has been collected from the subject and compared to those of Pokémon born possessing the Illumina Phenomenon. All testing indicates that there is no difference between SUBJECT IA1 and natural Illumina Pokémon. Refer to annexed data, notes, and footage on SUBJECT IA1's physical structure and genetic modifications.
[break][break]
ATTEMPTS TO REPLICATE THE PHILTER OF LUMINESCENCE'S FORMULA AND SYNTHESIZE THE SOLUTION ARE IN PROGRESS.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 22:40:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: