sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 5:54:28 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Good afternoon, Monsieur Benoit!"[break][break]

Pink hair shines almost gold under the afternoon sun as Luka calls out to her father's former comrade. Or at least, she hopes she does. For the man is still just a smudge on the horizon, barely visible along the sprawling fields that make up his estate. In fact, Luka almost misses him amongst several Audino that surround him.[break][break]

Behind her, her father's Blaziken walks at a brisk pace. He overtakes her soon enough, and eventually Luka has to jog to keep up with him, trailing behind while she waves frantically over at .[break][break]

It is him, thank goodness! Luka's face breaks into a happy smile as she finally approaches the ranch, leaning over a fencepost and gazing out towards the Pokemon grazing peacefully in the field.[break][break]

"I heard there were some injured Pokemon in your care, a-after Rocket raided Verdanturf again." Her cheerful grin falters slightly into one of concern, but the corners soon lift once again. "So I came to help out! I hope you don't mind."[break][break]

Plus, well...they hadn't had much chance to talk after the Grand Prix. It'd be nice to catch up and do some good work, all at the same time![break][break]

[break][break]
[break]valor: medic!

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,510 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 2:19:02 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Another Raid on Verdanturf, as he was recovering from an assassination attempt. Though he and his Pokemon helped drive them back, the damage was still done. Several people and Pokemon were injured in the chaos, and a considerable amount of property was destroyed in the process. All of that could be dealt with, as he was treating the injured alongside his army of healers. His stronger Pokemon could easily help rebuild and repair the property in the area.

A familiar voice called out to him, as he finished applying a splint to one of the injured Pokemon. He would turn to face Luka, a smile on his face as he approached.

"Luka, it's good to see you.", he greeted her warmly. Aside from growing out his hair again, the first thing she'd probably notice was the scar coming down from his face. "You know I don't mind, helping hands are always appreciated.", he'd tell her, as he went to open the gate to let her in, if she didn't just hop the fence.

"The little ones are doing most of the heavy lifting, but we can help by preparing them for treatment.", he told her. "Just be careful as you disinfect their wounds, or apply splints to broken limbs. We've done all we can to calm them before treatment, but some might briefly lash out.", he'd caution her.

She might notice that Thomas moved with a limp. Another result of the attempt on his life, but one that he'd get over with time.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 20:58:11 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Oh, great! Just let me know what you need us to do."[break][break]

Luka waits politely for Thomas to open the gate, though Helios isn't as polite. He just hops the fence and seems to preen a bit as he approaches the man, though his eyes are sharp as he gazes around the farm. Thomas' Scizor doesn't seem to be around, and the Blaziken clicks his beak. He'd been looking forward to another spar.[break][break]

But that isn't the reason they're here. So for now, Helios wanders off to go assist a few Pokemon that have started repairs on some broken fencing. Healing might not be his thing, but he's nimble and strong and unable to simply sit still while others work around him.[break][break]

Luka waves her father's Pokemon off with a smile and turns back to Thomas. Following his instructions carefully, she picks up a handful of medical supplies and takes stock of the injured, trying to find an easy one to start with. A Linoone catches her eye first, the poor thing wearing a cone around his neck to keep him from chewing a wound on his back leg.[break][break]

She settles in beside the Pokemon, though not before releasing a few more healers of her own. Along with her own purple Audino, Luka's Hatterene and Florges join the fray, the latter releasing a sweet scent that perfumes the air in an attempt to calm some of Thomas' more irate wards. Humming softly, Luka starts to remove the Linoone's old, soiled bandaging while her Pokemon leave to assist the rest of the group.[break][break]

She's never really known Thomas all that well, so the silence that falls between them is a little stifling. And although it might be impertinent, Luka can't help but worry. She'd noticed the limp.[break][break]

"Sorry, um...I hope it's not rude to ask. But are you doing okay, Monsieur?" She chooses her words carefully, not wanting to offend with an unintended insinuation. Thomas Benoit is a capable man, but no one is an island. And he certainly looks more worse for wear than the last time she'd seen him.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,510 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 22:22:02 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Good to see you again, Helios.", Thomas greeted the Blaziken. "Ripper's on security duty. But if you two stick around, I know he wouldn't refuse a sparring session.", he'd tell the Blaziken.

The Sweet Scent would especially help with calming one Rockruff with a broken leg. A couple of Audino would help comfort, and steady the pup, before Thomas would set the leg right. The Rockruff would yelp and squirm, but thanks to the influence of the healers, he was quickly calmed. Thomas would quickly begin to splint the broken limb, in order to allow it to properly heal.

"Don't worry about being rude.", Thomas reassured Luka. "About a week ago, someone attempted to kill me in Slateport. A real freak of nature.", he'd tell her. "I don't know if he was with Rocket, the Triad, or another group.", he'd add.

tags:
notes: Mention of

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 23:42:46 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Eh?" The bandages fall from Luka's hand. For a moment she simply stares at Thomas, eyes wide in shock.[break][break]

He'd been attacked— most likely by Rocket. And though he's clearly survived, fear and bile churn in the pit of her stomach. Though Thomas certainly hadn't meant it as such, she can't help but remember how she'd felt when her own father was killed by Rocket. It's a sinking feeling: hopelessness and grief and a deep, deep terror.[break][break]

But this isn't her father, and Thomas is okay. Injured, but okay. Luka releases a shaky breath and picks up the bandages she'd dropped, her expression softening when the Linoone gives her a look of concern. She's the one that should be fussing and fretting over their wellbeing, not the other way around.[break][break]

"That sounds terrifying," she says softly, returning her focus to the Linoone's wounds. Old gauze is discarded and she starts replacing it with new bandages, though the Pokemon does squirm when she tries to disinfect the abrasion. "I'm so sorry...h-have you told anyone else? My neighbor is an officer! If it was Rocket, maybe he can help?"[break][break]

It's never that simple. Luka knows that, but she wants to believe otherwise. She has always seen the world the way it could be, in spite of the way that it is.[break][break]

"I just can't understand Rocket," she laments softly. "Why would they hurt you? And attacking the city, causing all these innocent pokemon to suffer...how can anyone stomach it? It's just...it's so sad."[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,510 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 17:07:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Not my first time.", Thomas replied to her, surprisingly cool about having nearly been killed. The way he saw it, it was an occupational hazard, and he was ready to die doing what he believed in.

"To be honest, I've been working on an investigation of my own. But I still have some contacts in the League that could help.", he'd tell her. "But I'll keep Paxton in mind, thank you.", he'd tell her with a sincere smile.

Truth be told, he heard the name before. Someone who had fought during the Kanto takeover. If he could get an interview from him, that'd be perfect.

Once the Rockruff's leg had been patched up, Thomas would move onto an injured Eevee. The Eevee had sustained a serious cut from a Bisharp. Thankfully, this one was unconscious, and would be easier to work on. Thomas would remove the stained bandages, and begin to disinfect the wound, before his Audinos would help to calm the Eevee further.

"It's because I'm staunchly anti-Rocket. Even after I disassociated with the League, I started a website, Rocket Watch, that documents all of their past, and current atrocities. I host videos of the ugly things they've done in Kanto, and Slateport. I interview their past victims, and give them a voice.", he'd begin. "Rocket constantly tries to bring the website down, mostly through DDoS attacks.", he'd add.

"This time, I got an email from someone claiming to have been stuck in Slateport during their occupation. Only it turned out to be some sort of freak that tried to kill me. Barely got out with my life. I can't say for sure if he was Rocket, but I wouldn't be surprised.", he'd continue.

All while talking, he was stitching the Eevee's now cleaned up wound. Despite speaking, his attention was on the Eevee, and he managed this without missing a beat.

tags:

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 21:02:46 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Luka listens to Thomas quietly as she works. The Linoone's leg is freshly bandaged with little resistance, and she gives the poor thing a few good scritches behind the ear before moving on to the next Pokemon.[break][break] This one, a Taillow, seems to have a fractured wing. They coo sadly in her arms as she cradles them in her lap, using only the gentlest of touches to make sure the wing has been set properly.[break][break]

It's heartbreaking to see up close. And she gets why Thomas hates the people responsible so much. But no matter how horrible Rocket proves to be time and time again, Luka's fury has always been a softer, quieter thing, like a fire smoldering beneath a blanket.[break][break]

Of course she's against Rocket. With her past, how could she not be? Most would probably see her as naive— her good heart has always gotten her into trouble. But she doesn't see it as a weakness. Her kindness is strategic and necessary. It's how she's learned to survive through everything.[break][break]

It would be easier to hate, but that's not how she wants to fight. Darkness rises, and the light to meet it— she can only hope to help the world in her own soft, small ways.[break][break]

"I think what you're doing is very admirable," she finally says, running her fingers through the Taillow's soft feathers. "But it's also dangerous. So please be careful, okay? I wish I could offer you some advice or something...but I'm not really good at this kind of thing," she continues with a soft laugh.[break][break] "Still, um...if there's every anything I can do to help you, just let me know! Helios too. I'm sure he'd be happy to kick Rocket butt sometime."[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,510 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 21:27:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Once the Eevee's wound was stitched shut, a pair of Audino would take over from where Thomas left off, finishing treating the Eevee, before carrying it to a bed to relax.

The next patient was a Machoke with an arrow sticking into its shoulder. After giving the Fighting-type anasthetics, and putting the Machoke to sleep, he would carefully cut an incision into its back, where the arrowhead would exit, before stabbing it through, snapping off the end with the fletchings, and pulling the arrow out from the back where it had come out. He would then disinfect and seal the wound, before leaving the rest to his Audino crew.

"Comes with the territory, I suppose. But thank you.", he'd tell her. "Thank you for coming to help, and thank you for your support. If there's anything, I'll let you know. And if there's anything I can do to help you look into your father's death, you let me know.", he'd offer her.

tags:

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:50:58 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
While Thomas continues more advanced treatments, Luka sticks with the simple things. Changing bandages, disinfecting wounds, offering comfort to pokemon in distress. She's not much of a medic, but at least she knows the basics. With busy work out of the way, Thomas can focus more on the patients that need his immediate attention.[break][break]

She finishes bandaging up the font paw of a Rattata and glances up at her pokemon. They seem to be doing just fine— her Audino have settled in with all the rest, and the other healers are hard at work trying to treat more serious injuries. Life dews and synthesis are abundant.[break][break]

"Oh, it was no trouble! Really, I'm just glad I could do something. I'm not very good at fighting," Luka admits, "So this is the kind of thing I'm best at. I guess that makes me a support class?" Soft laughter punctuates the air, an attempt to brighten the otherwise somber mood.[break][break]

Though it's hard to stay sunny when Thomas brings up her father directly. Luka chews on her bottom lip, focusing her attention on an injured Mareep for far longer than necessary. When she finally does speak again, her voice is quiet, a bit more subdued. "I'm not sure if the Rockets here would know anything about those in Kalos. Their takeover kind of failed at the door, so it's not like they were very active anyways. But..."[break][break]

What would she do if she could find out who killed him, and why? Would it provide closure? Instill in her the desire for revenge? Or would it just sink another shard of grief into her heart?[break][break]

Despite all the what-ifs, it's still tempting. And if she knew how brutal Thomas' tactics could be, it's likely she'd want no part in his assistance. As it is, she can only assume that her father's former colleague is always admirable, his actions always just. "I'm not sure that I want to know. At the same time, I feel like I should. Does that make sense?" She smiles, though it doesn't reach the corners of her mouth quite right. "So if you ever do hear anything...mm. Let me know, please."[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,510 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 23:04:48 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

With the Machoke handled, Thomas would go back to simpler tasks. Freke returned to take charge of the more advanced treatments in his stead.

"If you ever want lessons, feel free to stop by. I'm always happy to help, and I'm sure Helios would love an excuse to spar with Ripper or Brutus.", he'd offer her with a smile.

Thomas realized that he had opened a wound when he brought up Luka's father. It felt bad to do so, but if he was going to be of any help, it was best to establish that. Though even if hardly anyone knew he was The Phantom, he still had a reputation for brutality that made some hesitant to call upon him.

"I see where you're coming from.", Thomas replied to her. "And I will.", he'd promise.

tags:
notes: Fin

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,115 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sunflower haze [s][v]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:55:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: