Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2022 3:33:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh, boy. Now this was a topic. "Condemning a whole region to death's more deplorable than anything Rocket's cooked up," Isaac said. "Even if we'll never see them again. Even if they're our enemies. Even if, to a man, they hate us."[break][break]

"But the fact that we're at zero hour and there hasn't been a better answer . . ." Even acknowledging that possibility felt like bile sliding down his throat. "Easy bet? The League failed. Maybe they just ran out of time. Maybe if they swallowed their pride, and both sides put their heads together, we could've done better. Or maybe they should've put more funds into research and less into filling the ocean with a bunch of Pokeballs. But instead, we're forced to play with the deck we've got."

That was the easy answer. The other two . . . "If it's not that, there's two other answers I see. First option, the League wanted things to go this way. Solve a problem, get rid of a thorn in their side, and put on a big show of how it's a big tragedy but Needed to be done. Second option . . ."[break][break]

He didn't even want to acknowledge the possibility that there was no other way out.[break][break]

" 'Course, you seem to have a better hand on all this tech stuff than I do. You seeing anything I'm not?" Not only had Seraphim been leading Isaac through conversations and training alike by the nose, but he was also here in a fully functioning cyber-suit. The man knew his stuff, and if he was choosing now of all times to pledge allegiance to Rocket, he clearly had some good reasons backing it up.[break][break]

Wait, he wasn't related to all of this stuff, was he . . .?[break][break]

Nah. Even by Isaac's standards, that just seemed farfetched.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,863 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 20:54:47 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He just listened once more as Ogun took out a nearby Charjabug, and brought it back to Amor like a dog retrieving a bone. As he continued to just wander through the power plant musing about things that were beyond his control, he listened to essentially a strangers perspective. It was interesting, though not many people would go through the lengths Amor did to learn such things. Not many people were willing to tamper with the memory of a high up official like . Much less wipe their own memory only to restore it later when the coast was clear. Many were less willing to join up with the supposed enemy, and then make an entire government their enemy instead.

But this conversation was worth it. Isaac was a rank, and file grunt which meant that his perspective was more valuable to Amor than those that were higher up. Higher-ups tended to be blinded, and set in their beliefs they were all but unchangeable. Which is what made Elinor such an interesting person to him. Isaac on the other hand despite being on rocket, the so called ruthless organization didn't want innocent people to die. While Elinor was willing to betray her own organization to make a better change. What an interesting dichotomy he had found with two very different people. It was almost amusing.

"It isn't necessary an issue of technology. I believe the League is capable of interdimensional transport. The problem is time, and how much they have tested this so called method out before the Meteor. If the Meteor is their first target with this tech, then they are literally gambling with all of our lives, and I don't appreciate that." He said simply as he mulled it over. "You raise valid points, but the League is poisoned with notions of the Kanto war. And Rocket will carry that stain on them forever, no matter how many people share views like yours." It was a matter of fact.

You couldn't commit a hostile takeover and not expect enemies. How many companies had Amor himself run into the ground in other regions just so he would have less competition in those markets. It was the same. You displaced people, they lost their jobs, their means to earn a living, and they were swept along by a current too strong. Many simply drowned, others turned to a life of crime, and some tried to take revenge.

"Cooperation is highly unlikely to happen without some extraneous outside force showing up." The only way to put both the League, and Rocket firmly on the same side was to give them a common enemy that outclassed them both. "Though even then such peace is temporary. The League refuses to admit any fault of their own as evidenced by the latest HNN Article." He said with a laugh. "What kind of organization blatantly states that they investigated themselves, and then found no fault on their part....Idiocy." He was perhaps a bit more sour about that article than he let on outside of this guise.

"Regardless the League is no different than Rocket. They just have a better PR department, so they can spin things in their favor always. Rocket is at a distinct disadvantage in that department for the moment." He told the boy truthfully.

"Perhaps one day others will see what I see...."

TLDR
Attempting to capture Charjabug!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2022 6:16:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FORRETRESS APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SELF DESTRUCT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEAVY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COPPERAJAH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HEAVY METAL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRENGTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE CHARJABUG!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 14:15:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Makes you wonder how you even test for this." All the temporally displaced apples and bowling balls in the world couldn't prepare one for a situation like this. "Like, yeah, sure. Baby steps and all that. But a moving object big enough to turn a whole damn region to rubble? What are they gonna do, give a stampede of Copperajah the ol' switcheroo for target practice?"[break][break]

Right. If he remembered correctly from Walsh's summit, it wasn't even a cosmic yeet. It was some kind of swap instead. "I think I heard it switches whatever of warps from Something the next world over. What if it gives SEA Hoenn an express ticket to all our major population centers? Or brings in some real mean fucker from outside time and space? That just makes this some kinda gamble within a gamble. A gambleception." As if one wasn't bad enough![break][break]

Seraphim seemed to agree on cooperation, at least in the face of the end. But Kanto ruined the chances of that ever happening, and Isaac almost found it hard to blame them. "And if Kanto didn't put enough of a fork in that one, what's coming next sure as hell won't help," he added, a touch of bitterness to his voice. "Wouldn't be surprised if Rockets were kill on sight after all this."[break][break]

With the organization's ambitions bared, would the people of Hoenn even mind? Walsh may have signed hundreds' death warrants.[break][break]

Yet for all Rocket's flaws, they weren't alone. The League, too, had its moments of selfishness and cruelty. Why, they had even thrown out a surprisingly long benefactor over what they described as an attack on an Elite 4 member. "What I wouldn't give to know what happened there," Isaac admitted. "I actually met Amor once, you know. Guy's a total enigma. But attacking a League member out of nowhere? That just doesn't seem like his style. Something seems fishy about that mess, if you ask me."[break][break]

Maybe Isaac was biased. After all, the League media misrepresented his own ambitions. Or maybe he distrusted their internal investigators after they reported his skrunkly ass as being 6 foot even.[break][break]

It didn't matter, though. The League was the judge, the jury, and the executioner. They were also the cops, the court reporter, and the media circus lined up at the courthouse's gates. Anyone going against them was at a massive disadvantage, and for Rocket to gain as much ground as they did was the product of a legendary amount of fumbles. Now the League was done fumbling, and Walsh was about to spike the ball yards away from the touchdown line. This didn't look good.[break][break]

Yet Seraphim ended his thoughts on one last tantalizing remark. "What do you see?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,863 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 14:31:32 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
What did he see?

What an interesting question, and he stopped for a moment as a Forretress crossed his path and Ogun went to work defeated the bug, and steel type with relative ease. He didn't know exactly how to answer that, but perhaps he could give the young man something to think about. As he saw it no one saw what he did, or thought the way he did except for maybe . But while their motivations did align he knew that her loyalty was to the League at the end of the day. And it was because he knew that, that he knew he could work with her. There may come a day when they would stand in opposition to one another, but it wasn't time yet.

At Isaacs mention of himself attacking an Elite Four he let a smile creep upon his hidden lips.

"I know what happened there, I was curious myself so I hacked some footage. It was....Interesting to say the least, but that is a topic for another matter. Suffice it to say you are correct. There is more to it than him just going AWOL." And with that he moved on to the next point of conversation. Talking about himself to Isaac while he was in disguise was just grounds for getting caught, and outed. Perhaps it would be necessary one day, but for now he would firmly remain in disguise.

"Well I suppose it depends on how you think about it. Right, and wrong are just matters of perspective correct?" He said his robotic voice making the words sound flat, emotionless. "Everything believes that they are the heroes of their own story. Which is why I said Rocket, and the League are truly no different aside from their PR department." He explained to Isaac as he lazily through a pokeball to capture the Forretress. It would be useful for his goals.

"So if that is my basis of thinking, what do you think it is I see? A world where everyone gets along, or perhaps an inferno that wipes everything out so humanity can rebuild itself." They were both logical thoughts. "If I am being honest I don't trust the League. But the main issue....The problem that no one is addressing is that there are things bigger than all of us. This faction conflict is nothing more than children squabbling, because the more divided we stand, the more our real enemies stand to profit." Though he didn't know how much Isaac knew about the Dark Triad.

"There is an organization that is quite literally dedicated to the destruction of our world, our universe. For what they believe is the greater good....And we can't even agree on who is right...." He let out a robotic chuckle bereft of any real humor.

"It's a joke." Everything was just a joke.

TLDR
Attempting to catch Fortress!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 8:06:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRACOZOLT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AERIAL ACE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON RUSH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STEELIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMACK DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK POLISH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE FORRETRESS!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 4:48:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]There was more to the story. There was always more to the story. If anything, the League's insistence on there being clear heroes and villains was part of why Isaac distrusted them so much. Things were never so simple when governments reared their ugly heads, victors wrote their own histories, and innocent lives were lost in the middle.[break][break]

Still, before he could even speak, Seraphim slammed on to the next topic. He was as direct as he was unclear, a paradox that in the moment made perfect sense. He knew more. He wasn't saying more. And if Isaac asked for more information, Seraphim would act like he hadn't heard a thing. The look in his eyes was knowing, but he showed respect where it was do and let it drop.[break][break]

Were right and wrong just matters of perspective? Was it really so easy as to just go 'I disagree' when lives were on the line? He knew he agreed with Seraphim's words to a point, but he also knew that there was a point. Or, at least, he felt there was a point. Was where that point fell just his perspective? Was that point even existing just his perspective?[break][break]

"At least to me, it all comes down to context," Isaac offered. "You could take anything and twist up some kinda scenario where it's the right or wrong thing to do. So I guess instead of thinking about it, the best thing to do is see what's going on and do what you feel you gotta, y'know?"[break][break]

Yet people still disagreed, both with each other and themselves. And thus, Isaac still thought.[break][break]

For example, he disagreed that the League and Rocket were the same. Maybe in some great, big cosmic sense, they were. But the devil was in the details, and he deserved his due. "You think? What they do, what they value, even how they operate, there's a world of difference to it," Isaac said. "Maybe it's all to the same end. But when you're living in the middle of it all, doesn't that mean just as much to you as the end does?"[break][break]

That was why he was in Rocket, after all. A law abiding citizen couldn't mop thugs and gangs off the street with vigilante justice. A law abiding citizen couldn't turn a quick buck through some grey market goods to better his place in life. A law abiding citizen couldn't change the status quo that the laws were designed to shackle him to. Rocket's ends and means alike terrified him, but the opportunities they provided in the now were invaluable.[break][break]

He wondered how long he could hold out before the ends caught up to him.[break][break]

Seraphim definitely had his eye on the future. He saw everyone either getting along to form utopia or crumbling under the weight of their clashing desires. Frankly, with how the man spoke, Isaac couldn't help but see them as two steps of a single plan in his eyes. Yet the future wasn't all he cared for. He was an in the now kind of guy, and the now scared him.[break][break]

"SEA. Megalopians. Necrozma. Maldacena and his kind. The meteor. Sometimes I lose track of how many different apocalypses we're staring down at once," Isaac admitted. "Sometimes it feels like any sane region would've gotten its shit together by #3. But, here we are."[break][break]

There was one thing he couldn't get, though. "I'd say that's kind of on us for poking the bear moments before the meteor hits. But, something tells me waltzing up to the League like 'hey, we're here to help!' wouldn't really go the way we'd hope, huh?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,863 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 15:42:00 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He chuckled, robotically of course, at the words of the other with him. Isaac was of course correct most sane people would have gotten it together, and learned to get along, and work towards a common goal by now. Hoenn's people had not yet, and it was a whole problem.

"I do not think that both organizations are the same. I know it." He spoke simply to the blonde man. "Do you know why I can say that with such certainty?" He stopped perhaps for dramatic effect, even as his Charizard was fighting a rampage Steelix in front of him, but he didn't seem all that perturbed by the scenario. Ogun wouldn't fail him, he knew that all to well. "Because both Rocket, and the League both see the 'ends justify the means' as the correct path. Both organizations will do whatever it takes to reach their end goals. Murder, lie, slander, sow dissent. These are common tactics from both sides." He explained to Isaac.

"I do not necessarily live in the moment, doing so clouds your judgement, your ability to see the goal. That does not mean your way of living is wrong, it is just not for me...." His voice trailed off. Not anymore... Perhaps once he had shared those same sentiments, but to much had happened in his short life for him to keep such views now.

"You can argue that both organizations are a world of difference still, and perhaps in some ways they are. But to me, they are just two lines that intersect on a graph far to often to ignore. It goes without saying, that I'm sure many people in Rocket have friends that are part of the League, and vice versa." It was both a blessing, and curse to have those connections. "Both have their share of traitors, but it seems Rocket has the League beat in that department for now." The interview with was still fresh in his mind.

"Human's have such interesting reactions to different stimuli. A person is willing to throw away everything for something so fleeting, like love. They are willing to kill each other in the name of justice, and not see the irony. They are willing to let others idle in the muck, and then complain when the muck rises up to clean itself, or make itself better by any means necessary." Hypocrites is what they are, every single one of them.

"It is just as you said, if Rocket had approached the League to offer help, probably wouldn't have believed it, and still had her people fight to kill regardless. But that is another issue."

Even as the battle in front of him finished there was not a hint of emotion in that voice as he attempted to capture the Steelix.

TLDR
Seraphim talks, and rambles a bit.
Attempting to capture Steelix.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 23:43:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HELIOLISK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOLAR POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PARABOLIC CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER SHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAZOR WIND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BELLIBOLT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ELECTROMORPHOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WEATHER BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ZAP CANNON

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE STEELIX!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 5:28:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was hard to argue Seraphim's point. They wielded different weapons, but were their tactics really so different? Where Rocket took a direct, brutal approach, the League choked their targets out with sanctions and the weight of the law. Where Rocket highlighted the failures of their opposition, the League wielded their iron grip on Hoenn's narrative with ease. Both would do whatever it took to come out on top, because they each saw it as a matter of life and death.[break][break]

Perhaps, in a lot of ways, it was.[break][break]

It was also hard to argue that only living in the moment clouded one's judgment. "Yeah. Guess it is hard to think things through when you're going off your gut feelings, huh?" Isaac asked. "Though, believe me. I might be an on the fly kinda guy, but that doesn't mean I'm charging into everything blind. Everything I've seen, everything I've done, everything done to me . . . that changes how I'm gonna face the next thing, y'know? Open mind, but not a blank slate."[break][break]

Experience was a teacher in its own right. The lessons it taught were the lessons that got one's neurons firing before they even realized it. Even if you weren't writing a book on philosophy, they still built on one another to form a surprisingly solid foundation. Sure, they weren't perfect. But who was?[break][break]

Nobody was. Not in their thoughts, and not in their morality. Even faction hardliners had people they cared about on both sides, lines they refused to cross, and priorities outside of the war. "Were you at that summit?" Isaac asked, thinking back to the meeting where war had first been declared. "I wouldn't be surprised if at least half the votes there were based on which city was closer to their home. For some people, being the bad guy's all fun and games until it's on their doorstep."[break][break]

Isaac sighed. "Me? I wish we weren't going down this road at all. But, guess there's no going back now, huh?"[break][break]

Maybe that was where Isaac stood out from the rest. Plenty of people were ready to kill over these high minded ideals, but turn a blind eye to their faction's own sins. Isaac couldn't bring himself to muster up murderous intent towards his enemy, and the harm Rocket caused others weighed just as heavily on his shoulders as the League did.[break][break]

He practiced what he preached. How long would he be able to do so before the war ground those scruples to dust beneath its heel?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,863 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 13:40:52 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
When Isaac asked about the summit, he could only guess it was the one that had happened right before he joined. So he shook his head as he saw a strange Pokemon. It looked like a Poliwhirl that had eaten several batteries. Quirking a brow he nodded over to it while his Charizard began to battle the creature. Dodging the Zap Cannons, and he thought for a moment. Isaac wasn't a bad guy, and some part of him felt bad for deceiving him, but with all the traitors that Rocket had, unveiling himself was out of the question. At least for the moment. Amor wouldn't put himself or those he cared about in unnecessary danger. If it was necessary then so be it, but to just flaunt it out to the world. He couldn't risk it.

"Let's scale back our conversation from such a macro level. Let's work on a micro level why don't we." And so the robotic ninja turned it's helmed visage to the young man. "Where do you draw the line? Everyone on both Rocket, and the League have lines they won't cross. Whether it be attacking children, collateral damage, or going after an enemies family. There are some lines certain people won't cross." He explained to Isaac, though he was sure that he had already thought of that, and known about it.

"Then you need to ask yourself what is your goal, what do you want to achieve. What means will you take to get there." A simple formula as far as he saw it, it was an easy way to gain an understanding of another person. "Then you have to think about. In what scenario will you cross your line. What are the things that you think will test you as a person, and are you willing to charge ahead knowing that in doing so you are throwing away the things that give you morality. Or will you stand behind your line, and watch what happens across it, and tell yourself that there was nothing you can do. While you stand tall upon a pile of corpses for sticking to your guns." There was not necessarily a right, or wrong answer.

Right, and wrong were simply perceptions depending on the environment you grew up in. To the wider world cannibalism was wrong, but when push came to shove, and it was a choice between life or death. That is when people showed who they truly were. What you were truly made of, the drive to keep on going knowing that the wider world would outcast you. Amor liked to think about these questions themselves, and thus he had already come up with an answer for himself, but not many would like it. He wasn't sure if he liked it either if he was being honest, but it was what it was.

"It is because the answers to these questions are so varied, that humanity is fascinating." He stated as the battle with the Bellibolt ended, and he tossed a Pokeball to try, and catch the electric frog.

TLDR
Attempting to capture Bellibolt!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 6:47:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PROBOPASS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MAGNET PULL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WIDE GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TRI ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ZAP CANNON

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL SOUND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE BELLIBOLT!
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 2:53:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was lucky that Amor's question was more rhetorical than anything. He knew damn well where his lines drew, and they didn't line up with Rocket's in the slightest. He could heist with the best of them, rough troublesome sorts up until they could barely stand, and turn his wit against any of the League's structures. But he didn't have the stomach for exploiting and hurting innocents, be them human or Pokemon. In some contexts, these traits would be admirable as all hell.[break][break]

In Rocket, a machine built atop exploitation? It meant he could only go so far.[break][break]

So those were his lines. What was his goal? That was an easy one. Make a better life for himself and the people he cared about. Push against the systems that held them down and force them change. Take advantage of his position outside the law to protect those who couldn't protect themselves and fight back against those who were normally untouchable.[break][break]

It was distressingly easy to imagine where those two priorities could clash. Isaac's ability to protect those he loved hinged on his continued presence in Rocket. If he pulled away, he lost everything and put a massive target on his back. Yet if he remained, he'd be forced to follow unrepentant killers as they marched into open war against his home region. Would he be able to balance the cosmic scales enough to make up for the harm they caused? Could he live with the harm he, inevitably, would need to cause? If a gun was in his hand, and it was do-or-die, would he have the strength to pull the trigger?[break][break]

In an ideal world, he'd never be put in that position. But he lost that ideal world the second he set foot on the sub. Who was he kidding? He never had an ideal world to begin with.[break][break]

"One man's right answer is another man's monstrosity, huh?" Isaac asked. "And when they disagree so hard, to the point where they can't even stomach each other's answers . . ."[break][break]

So this was the crucible in which war was born.[break][break]

"It's no wonder this is never gonna end. Sure, the meteor's more important. But it's a rock. You can't judge it. You can't hate it. You can't even blame it for anything. It's just a rock. But, Rocket? The League? They both stand for something. In a way, it's like they're symbols, y'know? And when what one represents is everything the other stands against . . ."[break][break]

The symbols were only part of it, though. An even darker truth beat beneath the surface. They were two apex predators, equal parts kin and enemy, shoved into the same territory. So long as both persisted, one could never truly prosper. It was easy to justify it all as some high-minded war of ideals, but that was just wrapping to pretty up the true ugliness beneath the surface.[break][break]

"It all goes out the window when they start fighting for survival, doesn't it?" Not the people. The organizations themselves. This was a war between two eldritch beings, tied so intimately to humanity yet completely incomprehensible to it. They clawed and tore at each other, hellbent on securing their continued existence, and cared nothing for the ants crushed in their wake.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,863 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 17:16:38 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
From underneath his helm, he just stopped looking for wild Pokemon, and his faithful Charizard came back to his side looming behind him as he regarded the one that he now saw as a boy before him. Hopeful, naive to a fault, a drive to protect those close to him. These were all admirable traits, but there was a single problem with them all. Isaac had a flaw that many people shared, everyone had a line. Something they wouldn't cross, however there were people in this world, that had no borders. When someone with lines, met one who didn't, that is when you were put to the test, and everyone failed. Even the man in the suit of armor standing in front of Isaac had failed that test miserably.

"It does, but the worst part is this....Tell me Isaac." Even though his tone was robotic, the sudden shift in his demeanor would be visible even through the suit. "You have someone you love don't you? Someone that you would do anything for, I'm sure you can picture that person right now even as I am saying all of this." This was cruelty what he was about to do, at least it would be considered that to some. "Tell me, if you held her body in your arms, what would you do to the one responsible? Even if the killer had a family of their own? Could you rob their loved ones of someone the same way you were?" This was the truth of the world as the masked man saw it.

"The answer is no. You have already lost. You have lines. There are people who simply don't, people who will sacrifice anyone, and anything. You can claim you want to better the world, to break some sort of vicious cycle, but you can't because those people exist. People who will pick up a child, and happily use them as a shield to get away from you, and then throw the corpse of the dead child at you, and laugh gleefully in your face all the while." He stated simply to him. "You may think the people in Rocket are monsters, but I assure you they are not. Because they still have lines. They still have friends, allies, people they care about." And in a second he was right in front of Isaac with his sword drawn right at the boys throat.

"But when faced with someone who has nothing, who is nothing. They are helpless, forced to watch as everything they love comes to ruin right before their eyes. So when you are inevitably faced with someone like that....What will you do. Because if you can't handle it. I can put you out of your misery now, to save you trouble later." And then all was quiet.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 0:53:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]What would Isaac do, were he too late to save someone he loved?[break][break]

In many ways, love was the source of his strength. Before he started letting people into his life, he was . . . well, in all honesty, he was kinda pathetic. He spent four long years of life wandering the region with no plans, no preparation, no connections, no resources, no goals, and no backup. If he kept going like that, he would've never even made it to this point. He would've wasted away before the end of the year.[break][break]

Then he ended up in Rocket, where he couldn't hide from people anymore. He remembered what it was like to be loved. He remembered what it was like to love. He reclaimed what had been taken from him since his early childhood, and in its presence he flourished. He fought for the Pokemon that supported him along the way. He fought for the friends that filled his life and gave him purpose. He fought for .[break][break]

Yet it wasn't just love. He also fought to spite those who told him he would never find or deserve this. He fought to spite those who forced the world to bend the knee for a cruel, unyielding status quo. He fought because, to him, love and spite were two sides of the same coin. His capacity for love was deeper than he ever knew, and therefore, he'd fight forever.[break][break]

If that love was to be torn from him, so violently and so suddenly, he had no idea what he'd be capable of.[break][break]

The possibility scared him. The idea of ending a life scared him. The idea of letting someone end a life and just keep on kicking scared him just as much. But he was no stranger to being hurt before, and he was no stranger to the urge to return that hurt sevenfold. He wasn't going to snap and turn into some unhinged mass murderer. But if someone well and truly special was put in such agony . . .[break][break]

He wondered if even his darkest thoughts would be enough. Seraphim didn't seem to think so. For everyone pushed over their line in a moment of grief, there were people who dove headfirst into it to get their sick kicks. Isaac might end a life out of desperation or vengeance. would have ended that life hours ago, just because he could. And only one of them would be feeling the weight of it after. As much as Isaac considered him one of a kind, there were a lot of Zevs out there. Not all of them went to Rocket. Some may very well become his enemies, and so long as he held to his scruples against them, he'd be at an inherent disadvantage.[break][break]

He was contemplative. But he wasn't unreactive. The second Seraphim rushed him, cold steel laying across his throat, Isaac's instincts snapped into action. He thrust a rising knee right for Seraphim's yambag-[break][break]

Clonk.[break][break]

Oof. Isaac was gonna be feeling that one in the morning. In retrospect, it would've been weirder if the heavily armed cyborg just left his nuts dangling free. But in a fight or flight situation, Isaac wasn't expecting the Iron Cup. He looked even shorter compared to Seraphim now, looking up and shooting the cyborg a sheepish smile. "Heh . . . sorry. Force of habit."[break][break]

As embarrassed as Isaac was, it was quite the educational sequence. For one, it showed that for all his hesitation, Isaac had some fighting spirit when the chips were down. It also showed that his scruples were more about morals that honor; at least to a limited degree, he had the ability to do whatever it took for a win. It also showed fearlessness and defiance, going on the offensive instead of cowering or begging for mercy.[break][break]

And then, when all ways said and done, he apologized. Despite being so intimidated, he knew the value of the teacher he had before him.[break][break]

"There'll always be people like that. Rocket has them. The League has them. Even when this war ends, they'll still be lurking under the rotten surface." Did that mean improvement wasn't even possible? They could never be beaten, so everyone better join them? The thought sat uncomfortably in Isaac's stomach. "I'm not going to let them ruin my life. But I'm not going to become one of them. If I do, then what's the point of fighting for a better world?"[break][break]

"I'm not gonna ever let myself lose sight of who I am. But if someone's out to ruin my world, I'm not just gonna let them walk all over me. The thing about holding back? It means you've still got something for them to fear." After all, it wouldn't be "holding back" if there was nothing to hold back in the first place.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]