1,863 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 13:59:06 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Whether Isaac truly understood the point he was trying to get across the point, or not Amor didn't know. It didn't seem like the words had sunken in as deep as he had hoped, or maybe because the boy hadn't come face to face with that exact scenario. He seemed to think he could prevent that kind of ruin, and Amor deep inside wanted that to be the case, sincerely he did. He even let out a small chuckle when Isaac tried to knee him in his groin, and it fell. In retaliation he headbutted Isaac, forehead to forehead so that he wouldn't break his nose, and then just as he had at the beginning of their tenure he swept his legs out from underneath him, and he looked at the man who was once again flat on his back.

"You say that, and then claim to live in the moment. If you actually believe you are going to be able to protect anything with just flying by the seat of your underwear. You're wrong." Logic was what molded Amor's world. Facts, and what he could do with them. Belief, and some mystical power of friendship would fail you at the worst times. That is why planning ahead was necessary. "If you want to be successful, if you want to be able to protect those you love. Then you need to learn to plan ahead for almost every occasion." The sword was pointed down at the blondes chest refusing to let him rise for the moment.

Amor's stance was such that a reverse sweep would be dodged, or ineffective.

"There are people in this world that will teach you to fight, but when you want to learn to succeed, seek me out." With that he brought his sword back, and simply walked off as his Charizard picked up an Aron by the scruff of it's neck. It was flailing in his grip, but Ogun seemed to like it, and then walked behind his master. "It's never a sin to lose Isaac, only a sin to lose the same way twice." With those parting words, the armored billionaire would simply leave Isaac alone in the power plant.

Maybe those words, and the modicum of advice would be helpful to him in the future, or maybe it would just be pointless. Maybe Amor could prevent another tragedy from befalling someone else. He had done all he could, only the future would tell if he was successful or not.

TLDR
Can end on your post buddy!
Attempting to catch Aron!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 19:01:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac should've known this was coming when Seraphim gave him the chance to plead his case. Realization dawned in his eyes with each passing moment of silence. He finished speaking. Quiet hung between the two. And then he let out a soft, quiet sigh. "You're gonna-"[break][break]

Headbutt! Not the choice Isaac expected, but a valid one nonetheless. After all, he was here to educate, not to kill. He had a hard metal helmet that took most of the risks of a headbutt out of the equation. It'd daze Isaac in a way that, say, a solid fist to the gut wouldn't. And it allowed him to keep his blade right where he needed it, rather than needing to shift it around to bonk him with the hilt or something like that. Good show, Seraphim! Good show![break][break]

. . . Isaac wished he had time to think of all that. His train of thought was more like this; "owie," then crumpling to the ground.[break][break]

His vision swam, three or so Seraphims sounding like they were underwater as they spoke. He pointed out the contradiction inherent to Isaac's steadily-developing worldview; he wanted to protect others, but he also wanted to trust his moment-to-moment judgment instead of chaining himself to some philosophy. That, right from the beginning, was a flawed premise.[break][break]

It wasn't that judgment didn't have its value. But if Isaac was always going to react to what was coming up the road, how could he proactively protect others? He wouldn't know what he was fighting against until it was right in front of him, and by that point it would already be too late. The vision Seraphim described would come to pass. At best, he'd act when his loved ones were already threatened. At worst, all he'd have was vengeance when it was too late.[break][break]

He'd never be some Machiavellian schemer. He'd never have the master plan for every situation. His best work had always been done off the cuff. But that didn't mean he could just let himself be blind to Seraphim's words. Planning was just another tool in the utility belt. For some, it was their swiss army knife, serving any and all purpose. For others, it was their hammer, an old reliable that served its purpose well but couldn't solve everything. Sometimes it was your torpedo level; you might not use it often, but you never wanted to forget it at home.[break][break]

"I will," Isaac said. After taking that headbutt, it probably sounded more like "argleblargle." But it was the thought that counted, surely.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 7:58:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]AMOR CAUGHT THE ARON!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!