Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 23:45:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac stood in the New Mauville powerplant, gazing into its winding corridors. The place was always one of the most hectic parts of Hoenn, in no small part due to the migratory populations of Electric and Steel types that kept getting lost in there. Why, it wasn't long ago that he and one Amor Rose had pooled their efforts together to try and trim some of that chaos.[break][break]

Yet today, he wasn't here on any grand mission. There were no injured Pokemon to rescue. There were no building projects to help facilitate. Rather, he had come by an anonymous invitation. Apparently a new member of Rocket was getting acquainted with the organization, and wanted to get to know some of the mover and shakers among them. How Isaac had gotten onto the list was honestly beyond him, and yet here he was.[break][break]

He hadn't been given any description of who to look for. All he was given was a single word; Seraphim.[break][break]

Frankly, Isaac could get it. As the showrunner of the Blackwing Bazaar, and a strong proponent of keeping his personal and Rocket lives separate, he knew the importance of stopping the lines of identity from blurring. Sure, he usually let his guard down around other Rockets, but there were some who would never be caught dead without a mask. And if Seraphim wanted to meet people of import, clearly he was already setting his sights high.[break][break]

Ambition. Secrecy. Panache. This newbie was clearly a guy after Isaac's own heart here.[break][break]

He'd get a better sense of the guy when he actually showed up. Until then, Isaac just waited, passing the time by watching the Pokemon at the plant's outskirts skitter about. Did they know the end of days was coming, dropped off by a wormhole in the sky? Or would ignorance be bliss until that big bang?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 18:05:16 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
How long had he been watching Isaac for? Since he had decided the meeting place, of course he had gotten there first, and he had waited patiently for him to come. Amor had to admit that he had been surprised to find the name Isaac among the pool, and even more when it turned out to the be the same one that he had met so long ago. However he wouldn't be able to tell him about his new identity as a Rocket. A small frown formed on his lips underneath the helm, but that was just how things had to be. Amor's aspirations went above, and beyond the League, and Rocket both. This identity was needed to make his dream come true. So he watched for a few more minutes before literally dropping in behind him.

The voice that came out of the helm was not Amor's voice however, it was robotic, synthetic.

"You should be more aware of your surroundings." Came the voice from behind the young rocket as he moved in front of him, and titled his head to the side like a confused child. "You are an easy target." He chastised the boy for better or worse, and shrugged nonchalantly. "I am Seraphim, it is nice to meet you Isaac Merlo." The voice spoke before pointing to the power plant behind him.

"Our mission is simple. I wish to acquire a Genesect, and this place provides the materials to do so. It will also be a good chance to see what other members of Rocket are capable of." It was hard to tell if he was being patronizing or not with the monotone, robotic voice, but he continued to speak as if he didn't need air. "It would be a pain if we were to get into a fight with enemies, and you died suddenly." It was spoken as fact, not as an insult. It seemed that possibility did genuinely dwell within the robotic ninja's thoughts.

"Do you agree?" It was almost like a computer asking a human to accept the terms, and services.

Though on the inside Amor was having fun with his new identity, but no one would ever guess that he had a giant smile on his face as he talked.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:04:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VOLTORB APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STATIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWIFT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER SHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRROR COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EERIE IMPULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BELDUM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIGHT METAL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 15:51:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was the curse of a wandering mind. Isaac was spending so much brainpower speculating on who this Seraphim was that he didn't even notice the man get the drop on him. He appeared to almost be less of a man and more of a machine, with everything from his high tech suit to his obscuring his identity. Isaac would be lying if he said he wasn't jealous.[break][break]

He listened to the man talk, picking up a few things about him just from how he introduced himself. The first was that he already seemed to recognize him, not needing any confirmation on his identity. The second was that he clearly knew what he wanted, establishing today's goals in no uncertain terms. And the third was that he sure enjoyed talking shit.[break][break]

A little smirk spread across Isaac's face. Nothing got him warmed up like a little bit of back and forth. "Heh. Trust me, I'm a lot of things, but easy to kill's not one of 'em," Isaac said. He was a survivor. A cockroach. Whether he wanted to be or not, he was here for the long haul.[break][break]

Genesect was a powerful beast indeed. Isaac had been on the receiving end of one for longer than he'd hoped. He'd be lying if he said the idea of having access to more of them wasn't tempting. A fleet of them may have even been able to help give Rocket a fighting chance in this war. He had some Steel types to research from his last trip here, and would certainly love the chance to see how they ticked. Yeah. Okay, yeah. This idea had legs. "I'm in."[break][break]

That meant the search would begin. Or, rather, that the search already had. Out of the corner of his eye, Isaac could see a Beldum detaching from one of the power plant's walls. It hovered there, adjusting its position, and then flung itself at Isaac with reckless abandon. Isaac didn't hesitate, whipping a Pokeball right at the Beldum. It bounced off without any effect.[break][break]

Or did it? As the Beldum hurtled towards Isaac, wisps of purple flame surrounded it. They whirled around the Beldum, collided together, and burst into a plume of brilliant soulfire. When the flame faded, the Beldum's charge had become a graceless flop out of the air. It skidded towards Isaac, who hurled another Pokeball (empty, this time) its way.[break][break]

The time-warped Typhlosion that occupied the previous ball, Hearth, came rolling up to Isaac's side. He scratched it behind the ears before turning to Seraphim, smirking slightly. "Easy target, eh?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 20:38:04 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
While Isaacs strange Typlosion made short work of the Beldum, the Voltorb that appeared was of little interest to the armored man, and so out of nowhere his Charizard appeared, and roasted the pokemon. His gaze never lingered from Isaac as if he had full confidence that his pokemon would appear to protect him. At Isaac's last sentence though, Amor immediately struck out with his leg, and swept the others feet out from under them. It wasn't commonly known that Amor had been trained by an assassin most of his life in order to defend himself. They were skills that went unused since said assassin was his butler, and refused to let him get his own hands dirty most of the time.

But when he was in his Seraphim guise, Walter couldn't do that for him, and so Amor was finally free to be himself for a limited time. So when the "child" was flat on his rear end, Seraphim looked down on him, and tilted his head almost as if he was a little confused.

"Yes....Easy Target." He restated the fact, and then without another word, or even a helping hand to his comrade he walked off in search of the pokemon that he would need in order to sacrifice them to make his Genesect. From his research Amor actually had several pokemon that would work, but those were his pokemon. He was attached to them, and thus he would rather catch wild Pokemon that he had no attachment to, and use them instead.

Maybe that made him a monster, but he didn't care. For what was coming he needed more strength, and more fire power than what he currently had. Rocket had a way to make that happen for him at the moment, and since he had voluntarily torched his bridges with the League. This was currently the best option open to him to gain that extra strength. After walking several feet he turned to look back.

"Are you going to lay there all day, or are you coming?" Was he bullying Isaac a little bit? Yes, but it was only because he liked him, and he didn't want him to die. Sure his methods of showing affection to someone were rough around the edges, but it was there....Somewhere....

TLDR
Skipping Voltorb!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 3:40:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAWILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOCKPILE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWALLOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPIT UP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LUXRAY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER SHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE BELDUM!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 2:02:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]First rule of posturing; wait until it's actually safe before you start posturing.[break][break]

To Isaac's credit, he rolled with the punches (or in this case, the kicks) fairly well. He could at least guide himself into a proper fall instead of taking a bump hard on his back. He quickly rocked himself back into a sitting position, looking Seraphim in the eye . . . or, er, the visor.[break][break]

The man simple walked off, hitting Isaac with another tease for the road. "Nah," Isaac deadpanned. "It's nice and comfy down here. Maybe you should join me." Instead of standing up, Isaac scooted forward, just a hair. He tried to hook one ankle in front of Amor's heel, then tried to sweep it back while driving his other leg into the back of Seraphim's knee.[break][break]

There was a good natured smirk on his face as he made his little play. Isaac hadn't known this guy for long, but there was something oddly enjoyable about how he pushed his buttons. It was almost like he was testing the skills that had gone out of his way to teach him, and the smart-alecky way in which he did it just made Isaac all the more eager to show him up.[break][break]

Wild Pokemon could wait. This day had just gotten a lot more interesting!

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 18:37:12 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
A leg sweep from behind? How boring, was the thought that crossed his mind as he felt his balance shift, but before the kick could land to the back of his leg, it was just suddenly gone. As Amor did a simple cartwheel forward to both regain his balance, and avoid the hit. Turning to face the other, there was an eerily cheerful robotic chuckle that came from beneath his helm.

"You are fifty years to early to try, and sucker punch me kid." Amor knew they were somewhat close in age, but he couldn't resist calling him kid. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a Mawile that met one of the conditions he needed for his Genesect, and so he summoned forth his Charizard. Thankfully there wasn't much grassy terrain, or forest in the power plant. Ogun required no commands as he flew to the Mawile and engaged with it, spewing forth a flamethrower that could melt boulders it began to batter away at the steel type.

While that was going on he looked Isaac over, and he had to admire his spirit a little. It reminded Amor of when he was training with Walter. A person so far removed that Amor knew he would never beat him no matter how hard he tried. He could impart a little brotherly wisdom to his friend here, even though they weren't technically brothers.

"You have spirit, but that isn't enough to make it. Your counter attack would work against a pedestrian but against someone who knows how to fight, you may as well kick air." So he placed his hands behind his back, and just stared at Isaac from beneath his helm. "If that is the best you've got, you're going to die sooner, rather than later.".

TLDR
Attempting to catch Mawile
Amor is taunting Isaac a bit more
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:15:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARCTOZOLT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SLUSH RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLUCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FREEZE DRY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD YAMPER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BALL FETCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NUZZLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE MAWILE!
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 15:22:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac had gotten a little shift in balance with his scissor sweep, but his mysterious new friend had been well prepared for the technique. He cartwheeled out of the way with surprising agility, recovering his footing and avoiding the second part of the sweep. Not bad. Not bad at all.[break][break]

Content that he'd at least made base contact, Isaac popped back onto his feet. He had been learning quite a bit from Zev, and was at the point where despite his smaller size he could handle your average street tough quite handily. But he still had much to learn, and a more practiced fighter could still run circles around him.[break][break]

His spirit wasn't to be discounted, but it also wasn't to be his only resource.[break][break]

"My best? Nah," Isaac said, shooting Seraphim a teasing grin of his own. "That was just a little trick to see if you were paying attention." Not that he hadn't been trying, of course. His best was likely still light years behind this guy's. But right now, the two were playfighting at best.[break][break]

"And how do you steer clear from death?"[break][break]

Perhaps the same could be asked of the medium and the living fossil. As Isaac and Seraphim jabbed at each other, Hearth had attracted the attention of a wandering Arctozolt. The two clashed with one another, a wreathed Flame Wheel nullifying the worst of a Freeze Dry's cold. Time seemed to freeze as they slid past one another. Then the Arctozolt waved, sneezing a little as its snow-coated body hit the floor.[break][break]

Seeing this, Isaac gave Hearth a scratch between the ears, then tossed a ball the Arctozolt's way. Seeing one of these in the wild was a little surreal. Just how many oddities were drawn to this power plant?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 17:36:19 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
The boy asked an interesting question, and the cheerful robotic laugh emanated from beneath his helmet as he thought of how to answer it. It was a question he had once proposed to Walter, and the answer he had received was something that he thought was worth remembering. Did you steer clear of death, or did you simply accept it as an inevitable, and throw caution to the wind. Most people had a choice, they chose when to eat, sleep, engage in intimacy, and if they were lucky the chose where they got to die. But was that good enough?

"That is an interesting question, though my answer may be boring in return." There was a soft chuckle as he seemingly dropped his guard, and ignored the Yamper that passed by. "Death is universal, and it is inescapable. Eventually everyone, and everything dies. Death transcends all borders, it is a simple truth that everything that lives understands. So you don't steer clear of it, you accept it, and when the time comes. If you are lucky, or stubborn enough. You get to choose how you die." That was the answer he had been given when he asked how to avoid death. The truth was you couldn't, but if you had the will you got to choose how, and when it happened.

"You can die with a whimper on your lips, or a roar in your heart." Perhaps the being in front of Isaac was human after all. "It is a choice we will all face one day." And with that he turned his back on the boy, and went in search of more pokemon for the Genesect that he wished to commandeer for himself.

Anyone who thought that they could out do the reaper, was mistaken. For all his arrogance, Amor understood his own mortality, he knew it almost to well.

TLDR
Skipping Yamper!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 5:31:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HELIOPTILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DRY SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER SHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PARABOLIC CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAIL WHIP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BRONZONG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HEAVY METAL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEAL BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EXTRASENSORY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE ARCTOZOLT!
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 1:20:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Considering Seraphim had just accused Isaac of dying in an instant at the rate he was going, his follow up answer took a strangely philosophical bent. Yet Isaac supposed it made sense. Death was far more than victory or defeat in a fight. Death was the only certainty in this world. Knowing how to handle it mattered far more than just a simple victory.[break][break]

"Then I'll choose to stare it right in the eye as it comes," Isaac said, resolve filling his voice. "That way, I know if it's actually my time, or if it's just out to make me flinch." Knowing the difference could save his life someday. Just because death was near did not mean it was for him.[break][break]

Yet one day, he would face it. Knowing his current life, it would be sooner rather than later. Knowing what Rocket was intending to do, that sooner would become much sooner. If something went horribly wrong at the Primal Points, or the League's plans failed on their own merits, it would be too soon for Isaac to even process.[break][break]

All the more reason to be ready at any moment, right?[break][break]

Seraphim was an interesting one. For one who showed so little of himself, he knew how to find a lot to say. Just in their interactions, he revealed a lot about himself, a lot about Isaac, and a lot about this mess of a world that they both inhabited. Pretty impressive for a guy that could have been a remote controlled drone for all Isaac knew.[break][break]

And for his part, Isaac was quite keen on paying attention. He was sure he wouldn't agree with everything the mysterious stranger had to say, but even disagreements gave ample room to learn more. So, too, did quiet observation.[break][break]

It was never too late to learn. With the hell their region was becoming, now was a better time than ever.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 13:31:51 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He listened to the boy talk, but he offered no response this time, and merely continued on which his quest to gather as many pokemon that would be eligible for his current goal. He needed to increase his own power as much as he possibly could before that creature made it's way back from Galar. On top of that, there was still the looming threat of the fourth dragon that he believed was coming for them. So with Ogun out, they managed to find a Bronzong, and without a word from him, Ogun took action.

Lashing out at the steel type with a powerful Flamethrower brought it to it's knees, metaphorically speaking, and the armored man tossed a pokeball to capture it. Ogun came back to his side, and he looked around at the place he had been with this exact same person not all that long ago honestly, but circumstances had changed drastically since then.

"So what do you think of the League's plan to protect the region from the meteor?" He asked a curious question it was something that had been on his mind since he had learned of it. Would the League succeed? Even if they did, what repercussions would arise from it being teleported to an unknown dimension. That would only create more enemies which was something he wasn't keen on doing, but he was just a single man.

The amount of power he had was limited for the moment. He was for all purposes weak when compared to the Avatars that he knew of. Those abilities did put them on a different level, and it was almost unfair, but there had to be ways around it. Ways to level the playing field which is why he would study them all. Learn the ins, and outs of their abilities to the best he could, and then devise ways to defeat each one. What side they belonged to was irrelevant, they wielded to much power to be tamed by loose morals, and direction. Perhaps he was no different though....If he gained avatarship would someone else think the same of him? Who watches the watchers....

"Do you think it's right to sentence another dimension to death?" Came the follow-up question, before he sat there in silence.

TLDR
Trying to catch Bronzong

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Familiar Faces [DW]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 22:57:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHARJABUG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTERY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VICE GRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISCHARGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EELEKTROSS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ION DELUGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ZAP CANNON

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE BRONZONG!