Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Little Black Dress [Past/M]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 5:03:58 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Petite Carte Noire
[break][break]
[break]
That first season in Hoenn, it felt like countless weddings had taken Elisabeth across the region, arranging hydrangeas, roses, and peonies to the exacting demands of blushing brides.

One such event had taken her to Slateport's upper district, where she'd slipped out of the high-end venue just before the celebrations began in earnest. Mercifully, no one expected the florist to stay after setting up the reception, but Elisabeth was still expected to dress the part of an attendee.

Black was her preferred work dress of choice. It worked for weddings and funerals alike.

She brushed a few stray petals off where they'd settled on her bun, shaking them off as she stepped outside into the fading sunlight. Twilight had begun to darken the sky, and the thought of the trip back to Petalburg exhausted her alone.

Taxis were irritating; people always talked to you, whether or not you wanted them to. Buses were tedious; you had to wait for so many stops before you reached your own, not to mention you were trapped with strangers for hours.

Teleporting would be useful, right about now.

It was as this annoyed thought took hold of Elisabeth that she distantly heard a familiar voice.

One that, after so many late nights lost to idle conversation, she'd recognize anywhere.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Pre-DotDD ✿ Sleepless in Slateport ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 17:43:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LITTLE BLACK DRESS

JUST THE BARE ESSENTIALS

“A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME,” announces his keen observation from across the street. it comes as no surprise that star-crossed lovers would find themselves at fate’s doorstep. for hoenn is all too small a region for them to be bound by anything less than chance.

the approaching dusk invites a temporary lull to slateport streets. most traffic reroutes to the commercial district, plagued by those looking to return home after a day’s work. crossing the divide adds a sliver of urgency to his step as the distance between them is cut and culled.

today, they are matching, if only because fernando’s attire rarely changes. business formal and ripe for whisking her away.

you never told me you would be in town,” he opens, unabashed despite the way his eyes soak her in.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 18:03:54 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Petite Carte Noire
[break][break]
[break]
"Funny. You don't seem the type to recite poetry," she answered his greeting, amused.

In the city, the traffic and the streetlights served as the ambience of his world, not hers. The quiet stillness of the Petalburg Woods was nothing to the hum of passing cars and the chatter of passersby, an undercurrent of energy and impulsivity seeming to electrify the nightlife of the largest city of Hoenn.

His city.

"I wasn't aware I was supposed to tell you my comings and goings," she continued nonchalantly, walking with a slow leisure that invited him to follow, if he wished. She glanced over her shoulder with a casual ease, a hand slipping into her clutch purse as she did so. "Since you're here, however, have you had dinner yet?"

A black card shimmered between her fingertips, its familiar gold lettering taunting him.

"This only works for parties of two, so I'm told."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 18:30:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LITTLE BLACK DRESS

JUST THE BARE ESSENTIALS

“I’VE BEEN TOLD I AM FULL OF SURPRISES,” is his way of complimenting her entrance. a vague call back to private conversations that flitter through their nights alone.

what he can only interpret as her variation of playing coy is met with hesitance that begets inward laughter. his pace keeps up but does not follow blindly.

i have not,” he confirms, drifting from the straps of her dress to the gold lettering of his— her card.

but that’s quite the condition. almost as if by design.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 18:56:27 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Petite Carte Noire
[break][break]
[break]
She, too, could echo conversations whispered in the dead of night. Here, spoken into the physicality of the moment, they seemed to possess new life.

"That's a little ironic for a man who supposedly dislikes surprises, don't you think?" Elisabeth replied, her eyes taking a moment to appreciate his features in return. "Although meeting you here isn't an unpleasant surprise by any means."

Her pace was unbothered, her words breezy, and the card in her hands dangled with a seemingly feigned carelessness.

"You think so? I suppose no gift comes without strings." She didn't miss the way his gaze lingered on her own, and suppressed a laugh. "My conditions are that you pick where we're going. I don't know this city so well as you do."

She looked up at him, her emerald eyes glittering with mischief, as she amended:

"Anything but burgers. That's all I ask."

She'd had enough of that Unovan cuisine with and .

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 19:12:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LITTLE BLACK DRESS

JUST THE BARE ESSENTIALS

OH?

her condition mirrors his own. for such minor decisions are often left to others to make. he reserves his decision for when they matter most. or, when he knows what he wants. unfortunately, an easy-going palate means that this decision is anything but.

have you tried an omakase before, fiorelli?

there are several within hoenn but most prove too troublesome to book or too expensive for most to partake.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 19:29:45 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Petite Carte Noire
[break][break]
[break]
"Never, actually."

Her footsteps ceased as she turned to him, allowing for him to take the lead from her in this little game of show-and-tell.

In the pause afforded by this moment, she slipped the little black card into his right hand, before interlacing his fingers with her own.

"Surprise me," she dared him.

A hint of playful mockery whispered in her choice of words.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 19:43:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LITTLE BLACK DRESS

JUST THE BARE ESSENTIALS

“AH,” is his traditional pause. “then you’re in for a treat.

with the decision primed in his pocket, he cuts ahead, the forward between the two. upon his pass, he too turns toward her, losing the card in his own sleight-of-hands as it becomes conveniently open for her own.

if i didn’t know better, i would think you love surprises.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 19:57:44 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Petite Carte Noire
[break][break]
[break]
An eyebrow lifted at his commentary, and Elisabeth laughed as she fell into step beside him.

"I never said I didn't," she corrected him pleasantly. "It depends on the surprise, I think."

Although ten years of predictability and sameness wore on a person.

Where he had his goal in mind, her own eyes had no such point of reference to follow, searching the buildings for whichever one seemed to be the destination he had planned for them.

"Raising my expectations sounds dangerous," she teased. "That confident, are you?"

It was a question with an obvious answer.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 21:14:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LITTLE BLACK DRESS

JUST THE BARE ESSENTIALS

“OH?” he barely pardons a pass. “then i hope this one measures up to expectations.

their destination is not the omakase itself but instead a nearby parking lot. there, fernando’s car awaits, humble and considerably plain considering both his reputation and wealth. much like his gym, the exterior is bland and sports a safe grey color. it beeps at their approach, sleek handles extended from within itself as it prepares for their entry.

if you’re unhappy with the meal, then i suppose i’ll have to make it up to you,” slips in the mention of a tease. he corrects it expeditiously with “unless you rather have burgers.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 21:50:18 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Petite Carte Noire
[break][break]
[break]
"You haven't bored me yet."

A reassurance and a flippant, offhanded threat both.

The sight of his car in all its bland simplicity evoked a sly, privately entertained smile, though Elisabeth didn't voice her thoughts on it aloud. Despite her own wealth, she didn't even own a car; she never had seen much point in having one for herself, not in a world of so much public transportation and teleportation.

Besides, no one had ever taught her how to drive.

"Now you make me want to dislike the food on principle," Elisabeth said as she slid into the passenger seat beside him. "Seems like you're rewarding the wrong behavior with promises like that."

She crossed her legs as she leaned back, mirroring his teasing tone with her own. A black high-heel idly swayed to and fro as a seatbelt clicked into place.

"Did you try it, out of curiosity?" Elisabeth asked suddenly, intrigued. "The kobe and lobster burger."

This seemed like something important to report back to .

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 5:20:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LITTLE BLACK DRESS

JUST THE BARE ESSENTIALS

“IF YOU CAN ABIDE BY YOUR PRINCIPLES THEN THE FLAVOR ISN’T STRONG ENOUGH.”

push to start turns it on with a quiet hum. dashboard displays come online and a porygon2 dances across the console, squeezing between huds and on-screen buttons. to no surprise, his car is strictly electronic. it even backs up on its own accord, at least until he personally takes the wheel.

one hand lies somewhere between nine and eleven. the other manages the shift, testing the waters on whether his passenger princess will grant him clemency on her thigh.

i did. a bit heavy for my taste but by no means bad.

the acceleration proves surprisingly smooth considering their speed. such a humble appearance makes the interior and performance seem like a swindler. a distinct difference but one that’s understandable considering silph co.’s ingenuity. the sound of their movement is silenced from within their cockpit.

a private space for two.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 5:47:32 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Petite Carte Noire
[break][break]
[break]
The car hummed to life, and so did he.

'Princess' might have been an apt descriptor for her about ten or so years ago. That woman probably wouldn't have spent a stranger's money with carefree abandon and called his number on a whim, much less continued to do so for no other reason than to see if he'd continue answering at the ungodly hours of night.

At least, Elisabeth wouldn't have done so as shamelessly.

Appearances being what they were, she'd thrown herself into enough dragon dens over the years that the resulting verdict was one of two things: interest, or disinterest. Modesty didn't enter the equation, not when it came to her aversion to unwanted human contact.

As it was, she wouldn't have come here if she wasn't interested. So when his hand ventured closer, she made no move to stop him.

"It's a little funny to imagine you ordering that," Elisabeth said with soft laughter, turning her gaze out the window. Streetlights flashed across the tempered glass, casting the windows with fleeting illumination. "I think knowing that will make someone I care about happy, though, so thank you for that."

There was less bite in this admission: instead, a simple sincerity lacking wit or guile.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 8:12:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

LITTLE BLACK DRESS

JUST THE BARE ESSENTIALS

HIS HAND FINDS A SEAT AGAINST HER LEG. the gesture proves innocent enough once settled. nothing more than lying there, pleased just to exist.

i didn’t order it,” he reveals. “i had it reserved ahead of time. work keeps me busy these days.

METENO still looms on the horizon. it hasn’t proved drastic just yet—for circumstances of consequence haven’t happened. but the tension boils as each day passes. like a poison, it works slow and deliberate.

a sudden call registers on the main console. the contact name is listed as ‘WORK’ but a number is absent. it’s unexpectedness causes him to squeeze her, gentle albeit reactionary.

do you mind if i take this?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 12:06:45 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Petite Carte Noire
[break][break]
[break]
"I'm sure," Elisabeth replied mildly, the thought of METENO lingering in the back of her mind as well. At this moment in time, it was nothing more than an ominous HNN article, something she'd darkly commented on with once in the privacy of her home.

The thought of resigning herself to being part of an effort to take advantage of the meteor's descent had never occurred to her, and if that future was predicted to her in this instant, it would seem perfectly absurd to her.

It would seem absurd to her later, too, but she'd resign herself to it anyway. wasn't interested in negotiations.

The call didn't startle her, but the sudden pressure of his hand did, if only slightly. It was a minute reaction, subtle but present.

To his question though, she shrugged, unconcerned.

"Not at all. I'm the one who intruded on your time unannounced."

Her gaze turned to the car's interior to distract herself: empty, nary the wrapper of a Rage Candy Bar to be found. About what she expected, really.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]