Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
whispers of yesterday (ww)
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 22:57:08 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

In one night, the world lulled into a hush, as the skies grew darker and the whistling winds grew colder. Morning's frost coated the ground that morning, dry and dead as the leaves beneath it, both of which crunched by Penelope's heavy boots as she trudged through.
[break][break]
There, at the center of the emptied Petalburg Graveyard, she came to a slow stop in front of one lone tombstone.
[break][break]
Abigail Harte.
[break][break]
A long, breathy sigh slipped out as she went to work, her nimble fingers replacing the withering flowers adorning the grave with a fresh new bundle she had bought in batches just down the street (from 's competitor). The rest were kept in the weaved basket that hung from her forearm.
[break][break]
Then she moved on to the next grave and did the same.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

mission

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 20:11:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it is said the cemetery has a lot of supernatural around when it's the season for ghosts so kyle has his pokemon accompany him.

various breeds of flowers were arranged in a messy bouquet on a basket held by the mightyena on its mouth. the dark-type trots in the rhythm of a catchy song played by his trainer's phone through ear buds.

while he entertains himself with tunes, his eyes remain vigilant on their trip through mt. pyre. on the way, he sees someone else offering flowers to the dead. coincidentally, it's someone he knows.

he stops on a grave with his mightyena.

"hey!" he greets, turning his music off before returning the air pods back to its case. a rather good mood turns him the tiniest bit sociable, made easier with this not being their first time meeting. "that's a lot of flowers."

every grave has one from her, he assumes, seeing as they're the same type of flowers. kyle doesn't actually know much about them, but they look the same, so he thinks it's probably safe to assume that it's all from her since they're similar.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 21:26:45 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Like a bright sun beaming through a heavy fog, the League champion himself came crashing into Penelope's solemn day, smiling and exburent.
[break][break]
Rigid, the councilwoman took a second to react, blinkly blankly until eventually melting back down into a gentle smile.
[break][break]
"Hey."
[break][break]
She offered a small wave with her free hand.
[break][break]
"I'm actually thinking I don't have enough."
[break][break]
A small sighed slipped out. Next time, she needs to remember to double check her numbers before going out the door.
[break][break]
"What are you doing up here anyways?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 19:05:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's temptation to answer with sarcasm since there only one common reason a normal person would be in a cemetary, but they weren't in that level of closeness yet for him to let go like that.

"oh, i come here every year," he answers. "for three years, at least."

he turns his head towards a monument further up. names of fallen officers that defended the region had their names inscribed there, of which kyle's closests lie after rocket's invasion on slateport.

kyle can only smile at the thought of him rolling up with six poochyena, all trained for police work rather than combat.

"that's why i make sure to only bring one for each of them." he references the flowers he brought. they're definitely fewer than what the councilwoman brought, but kyle's confident that each of the names he knew will get one. "it's not like they can complain."

he follows it up with a chuckle. dark humor. it's kyle's favored coping mechanism.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 19:53:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Damn.
[Break][break]
Behind the soft, sympathtic smile she offered on the outside, inwardly the councilwoman was berating herself for asking such a stupid question. What a poor way to shrug off the spotlight from herself.
[Break][break]
"Ah, yeah," she chuckled along with him. "That's what a thought when I picked up these." She lifted up her basket of colorful Gladiolus. "But the florist suggested them, so at least they're professionally approved."
[Break][break]
The humor in her tone died as her gaze dropped back down to the countless tombstones that surrounded them. Sighing, she continued, her voice heavier than before. Full of the weight of rememberence.
[Break][break]
"After that day,"
[Break][break]
the war you hid from, her mind screamed back at her, "HBS put me in charge of reporting on it. I must've taken over two hundred different accounts on what happened. "
[Break][break]
Pain crinkled in her eyes. Sometimes, after a long day, she could still hear the piercing cries of the mothers who had just loss their sons. The wailing of children robbed of their parents.
[Break][break]
"I tried keeping track of their names when I could. So I could try to visit when I can."
[Break][break]
A soft pause broke her words.
[Break][break]
"I just wish there was more we could do for them."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 17:51:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's guilt. it's clear with her words. kyle understands overshooting the neutral tone when trying to escape something awkward you dug yourself into. he's just glad he's not in the pit himself.

a casual smile is kyle's response. he almost cracks a chuckle seeing her reaction. it feels like an exaggeration, though he knows that it's just a natural reaction to the sequence of their exchange.

kyle's emerging hero complex has progressed into an ability to UPLIFT THE SPIRITS of willing people around him.

"don't worry about it. just carry on their legacy, which is hoenn, i guess."

thoughts of leaving hoenn always appeared in his thoughts ever since rocket's initial invasion. sentimental reasons were the only thing keeping him in the region.

he supposed they were part of it.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 8:54:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Somehow, Penelope wish she could match Kyle's casual smile. But, more than any physical weakness, her Achilles heel had always been her very own mind.
[break][break]
"True," She nodded. And for some odd reason, his advice actually hit. Her heart grew lighter as she continued, "Do you mind if I ask you a question?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 18:05:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he starts to think if he said something wrong. maybe he said something leading that would start a whole new line of questioning. santa delibird would give him coal if he did.

whatever it was, the only way to know what was going to happen afterwards was to click on the okay button to see what's next.

"sure. what is it?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 8:46:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"What keeps you here?"
[break][break]

Tethered to both the region and the role of champion, her natural journalistic tendencies got her curious about the man's true intentions. After everything that's happened, surely he was feeling some sort of doubt?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 19:41:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle finds himself smiling at the question. he stops himself for giving a mischievous answer, as tempting as it sounded.

"it's a combination of things. there's the fear of missing out, and there's sunk cost fallacy, and there's also the sentimental value of my hometown."

he pauses, second guessing himself into giving out a definite answer. kyle ends up giving something out in addition to his previous answers.

"if you want the pr answer, then it's definitely me trying to preserve the region i grew up on. that's something that will resonate with the masses, i bet."

eyes look down the ground. the cheeky answer comes out nonetheless despite the conscious choice not to.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 4:41:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"The PR answer," She echoed back, smiling at the bite of those words. How ironic it was that, during her tenure as a reporter, she despised the thick veil those preplanned responses created, but now, as a councilwoman, it almost become second nature to repeat them.
[break][break]

A soft sigh spilled out. At least with Kyle, his PR response was lace with humor -- hers are only stale with primed facts.
[break][break]

" I can understand that."
[break][break]

Journalism wasn't bounded to Hoenn. She could've returned back to Kalos, or taken that job in Unova, but instead, she kpet herself resigned here. Why?
[break][break]

"I don't think I could ever leave either."
[break][break]

Her eyes fell back down to her leftover flowers. There were still quite a bit to get through. Swallowing down a frown, she looked back toward the grades, then at Kyle.
[break][break]

"Well, I still have a few flowers to give out. Talk to you later, Kyle."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 17:42:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he dips his head as the councilwoman puts an abrupt stop to their coincidental meeting.

at this point, anyone who enters the rabbit hole of league's extrinsic systems as its members was bound to share the same sentiments. although he can trust intent from those people, it's a tossup of whether or not they have the decision making to back up the results they want for the region.

the interaction with the councilwoman was nothing but a small glimpse of her, however. only time will tell if she can make a difference that many others in her position cannot realize.

as penelope goes to offer her flowers, so does kyle. the previous squadron that he spent the peaceful times with on slateport police department will be getting their gracidea, despite it being uncharacteristic for that ragtag bunch.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 22:08:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: