TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:32:21 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal jaybirdy"]
[attr="class","top"]

it's a lifetime later - not really, but it certainly feels like it - when they pull away. jayden finds himself on the opposite end of the island table, having somehow been roped into staying longer than he anticipated.

[break][break] but much like the crystablooms that jayden had found himself so enamored with, he was enamored by fern. sudden and all-encompassing as he had found himself full of thoughts of them, flowering and taken over in the same way that the tree of life had once been by the fauna.

[break][break] he rubs his lips as he looks at the ingredients in front of them.

[break][break] "what did you say you needed to bake again?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
the great hoenn bake-off

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".jaybirdy"]--accent:#8463D4; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:49:32 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fernie"]
[attr="class","top"]

It’s not exactly what Fern envisioned would happen when they invited Jayden inside, but it would be a lie to say that…canoodling isn’t something he’s pleased about, or wasn’t a desired outcome. The warm flush on their cheeks is still present when they reluctantly retreat, but sadly they do need to take care of this.[break][break]

Well, Fern could bake in the morning, but for one– they don’t like to get up earlier than need be. And two they’re not gonna press their luck that far with Jayden just yet. Maybe. It’s enough that they’ve successfully persuaded him to help now.[break][break]

They fish a hair tie free from around their wrist and begin to gather their hair back into a short, spriggy tail. “Hmmm..they wanted me to bring snickerdoodles.”[break][break]

Fern’s head tilts. “Or that’s what I signed up for, ‘cause they looked easy.” At least, they think they are.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] | :3c | m: the great hoenn bake-off [break]

[newclass=".fernie"]--accent:#298fa6; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote b, .fernie blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .fernie blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .fernie blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .fernie .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .fernie .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:56:35 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

as a person who is typically stoic and not good with feelings, jayden does his best to look nonchalant when they part. even as he stands over the bags of flour and other baking ingredients, he tries to ignore the swirling in his gut when he thinks about what just occurred.

[break][break] but there is a telltale spark to his gaze, not all unlike the glow of crystablooms at dawn.

[break][break] it's not that he's never kissed someone before — it's that it's fern that he's kissed.

[break][break] "snickerdoodles, hm?" he repeats, considering them. it's not a recipe he's particularly interested in, but jayden has always been curious about what he does not know.

[break][break] "i think i've baked them once or twice before. do you have measuring spoons?"

[break][break]

the great hoenn bake-off

[newclass=".jaybirdy"]--accent:#8463D4; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 23:13:35 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fernie"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fern is also not unfamiliar with the concept of entanglement. Usually, though, he’s not all that keen on sticking around or having his dalliances overstay their welcome.This, though…this is new. And a bit exciting when he reflects on it.[break][break]

Still, they play just as nonchalant as Jayden does– flitting about the kitchen space and peeking in cabinets for baking sheets and other items they had forgotten to pull out previously.[break][break]

Though, not without a subtle shift in their unspoken behavior as well. A coy gaze drifts up to look across the counter at him. “Yep. Don’t think they’re much different from regular sugar cookies, right?” They don’t really have any idea.[break][break]

Sort of boring, really. Lacking the flourish and drama that Fern would typically apply to anything they do – but in baking, drama requires skill. And that…they sadly do not have.[break][break]

“Oh, then you’re already an expert, then,” they murmur as they slip back alongside him again after turning the oven on–not so shy in the way their hand brushes across his back. “Drawer to your right.”

[break][break]

[newclass=".fernie"]--accent:#298fa6; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie blockquote b, .fernie blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .fernie blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .fernie blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".fernie .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .fernie .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .fernie .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 23:23:11 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

hands brush along his back, trailing a prickle of heat along his spine. his heart spins, and takes all he has it in him to steady it.

[break][break] the only evidence being the blush that very faintly lights his cheeks.

[break][break] jayden pulls the drawer open and sure enough, there are measuring spoons and cups in the drawer. they sit right beside a pair of spoons that are inscribed with a floral design that reminds him a little too much of crystablooms. or maybe that's just what he's thinking about, to distract him from his other thoughts.

[break][break] as he begins to measure flour and into a bowl, his head tilts towards the other.

[break][break] "you mentioned your father was an apothecarist, right?" he hums. "actually, i've been studying crystablooms for some time now. i've been wondering their applications towards homeopathic medicine. do you have any thoughts?"

the great hoenn bake-off

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 23:55:26 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fernie"]
[attr="class","top"]

Now that they’ve been given that permission, they’re not liable to stop the trail of subtle touch. Not unless they’re asked, of course. But the slight coloration that they notice on his face as they glance back at Jayden doesn’t speak to any sort of displeasure, so.[break][break]

They watch him studiously, peering over the edge of the bowl to see the growing pile of flour. “What do you need next?” They’re content, for now, to just hand him things. That way they’re still technically helping.[break][break]

Honestly, Fern isn’t sure why this is so much more difficult for them than cooking. Because they can do complex dishes. It’s just when it becomes baking that it goes out the window and all hell breaks loose in their kitchen space.[break][break]

“Mm, he is. So was my mam, when she was alive. Family business and all that.” They chew their lower lip in thought as they listen, fingers tapping on the countertop. “It depends, I think. I don’t know much about the biological properties of crystablooms. If you know anything about that, I might be able to give you a better answer?”[break][break]

Idly, they tuck back a strand of hair that has come loose from their tie. “It also might depend on what sort of remedy you think it might be useful for. Topical? Ingested?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 1:21:31 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"mm," he hums in consideration. "preheat the oven to 375."

[break][break] as the other goes off to do that, jayden busies himself with mixing the different ingredients together. most of it is already out — the sugar, cinnomon, baking soda, cream and flour. though he doesn't find a handmixer, he does find a whisk that will do just fine and he sets to mixing the dough together in a bowl. an egg is cracked over the plastic bowl, as well as some drops of vanilla extract added.

[break][break] "your mother passed?" he pauses in his ministrations, for his gaze to soften towards the other. "i'm sorry for that."

[break][break] last time they had spoken about it, had only ever mentioned their dad. though jayden wasn't sure why it hadn't occurred to him before, or why he suddenly felt the need to apologize.

[break][break] his head tilts as they discuss crystablooms in more detail. "well," he starts his beating again, the rythymic motion of the whisk against batter. "there's not much to say, as it's still very much a new thing, but they are flora that were found as an invasive species to hoenn. until recently, you could find them all over sootopolis. after necrozoma, though..." he shakes his head.

[break][break] "to my knowledge, they hold an exorbitant amount of infinity energy within their crystal hearts."

[break][break] a pause as he tests the dough's consistency, before continuing.

[break][break] "i had considered both, though admittingly, i don't know as much. but if they could be utilized in wound care..." a pause as he trailed off, looking up at fern. "it would be immensely useful for the company."

[break][break]

the great hoenn bake-off

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 1:55:13 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fernie"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Got it.” That much, they can do. They turn to fiddle with the oven knobs.[break][break]

It is interesting to Fern, to see Jayden work at something like baking with practiced ease. The curiosity they’ve nurtured for him only grows. Even the little things find a place in Fern’s interest.[break][break]

Fern shakes their head lightly as a reassuring smile flits across their lips. “It’s alright, I was pretty young.” They don’t even really remember much of her. Fleeting images that were no more than passing glimmers of light.[break][break]

In any case, it’s nothing that needs to fret or feel bad over. So the talking turning toward crystablooms is a good thing. They lean against the counter, chin nesting in their hand as they contemplate what’s been offered. And of course, they cannot assist in whisking the batter. “Well, even invasive species can be beneficial. Like dandelions.” They do know, at least, that crystablooms are harder to come by now, and so nods slowly.[break][break]

“Well, then it’s a matter of how that energy is harnessed, I assume. If there’s a particular way to collect it that can even be used in a homeopathic way.”[break][break]

Humming softly, they try to fill in the gaps though it’s a bit of a losing battle with so little known about the blooms. “Would only wound care be the goal, though? I would think that something like energy would be better suited to illness treatment.” Only speculation, of course. But that would be useful too, no? “Perhaps…” they drawl as they resist the urge to stick a finger in the bowl and taste test the cookie dough, “we could have a look if you find a good specimen?”
[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 5:24:47 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

occasionally, he wonders what father would have thought of his new hobby. though his love for baking is nowhere near that of his penchant for ghost types, there is something unmistakably comforting about the craft that he cannot deny.

[break][break] there is science behind baking that there isn't in other areas that he could dabble in. it is almost like the pharmaceutical company that he sits at the mantle of — something methodical in practice, yet undeniably useful in reality.

[break][break] his brow arches. "oh? how can dandelions be utilized?" he doesn't know much of the weed, other than it's annoying presence in his garden, but he doesn't deny the plausibility.

[break][break] jayden continues to whisk in the bowl, holding it with one hand and working it with his other. "well — the application can definitely be tested and varied. whether it be wound care or illness treatment, it would be useful if we could find some way to harness it and even one day sell it."

[break][break] glancing up at fern, he nods. "sure. i have a few specimen of my own; i can show you sometime later." though, likely, it's nothing compared to the likes of and would be able to grow — but that wasn't the point. he didn't need people who were versed in infinity energy.

[break][break] what he desired was...

[break][break] "i was wondering. do you know anything about herbal remedies in tea?"

[break][break]

the great hoenn bake-off

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:34:28 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fernie"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fern grins. “You look so skeptical. I know, I know. Dandelions are supposedly such dreadful things. Little pests. But, they reach over to poke him on the nose, though this time sans flour. “It can be used to detox, and assist in fluid retention. Among other things.”[break][break]

Figuring that they ought to make themselves useful, they set out the baking tins in a neat row on the counter. Then coat them in a bit of oil to keep anything from sticking. “I suppose that’s fair. Guess it’s an old habit, think I care more about the usefulness than the profit.” As money-minded as they can be, they hadn't even thought of it.[break][break]

They chalk it up to the lingering after effects of their father’s influence. Someone far better than they will ever be, a nurturer.[break][break]

Setting down the brush they were using, Fern clasps their hands together. “I would like that, yes. If you don’t mind. I think it would just be easier for me to get an idea if I could really look at it.” They’re not an expert, by any means. But they’re definitely curious.[break][break]

“Oh, yes some. Is there a particular sort you’re after?” They pause in what they’re doing to look over at him curiously.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 12:35:51 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he blinks, a flush filling his cheeks. it's hard to say whether it's from their words, or the memory such poking elicits. either way.

[break] [break] "i see," he murmurs, thoughtful, before speaking up again. "how is it administered? you don't.. just eat them, do you?"

[break] [break] he thinks of potentially just chewing on the flower's delicate heads and then scrunched up his nose in thought. somehow that seems relatively unpleasant.

[break] [break] "ah, yes, i suppose that is a habit of mine as well. work dictates most of my life."

[break] [break] though unlike the way others may have said it, jayden doesn't seem to find any problem in this. it was just how he was, and had always been.

[break] [break] "admittingly, this is where my research has failed me," he says a bit sheepish as he finishes whisking the mixture to a desired consistency. "i did try some lavender tea recently from that gave me the idea."

the great hoenn bake-off

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 15:33:30 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fernie"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fern continues to hover close, smile stretching wider at the sight of his face tinting pink again. It’s cute, how easily they manage to spur it. It makes them want to take his face in their hands and pepper his cheeks and nose and lips with more little pecks. Nothing all that earnest, so much as it would be simple affection. The playful sort.[break][break]

They behave, though. For now.[break][break]

And in any case, they’re distracted by the question asked, which draws an airy laugh. “Oh, no. Through teas and tonics.”[break][break]

His face scrunches and again, it’s so stupidly adorable that Fern can’t quite help himself this time when he cranes up and presses a swift kiss against his lips. “Keep doing that and your face is gonna get stuck like that.”[break][break]

The oven chimes and Fern twists away to look at it, then pops open the door to peer inside though there’s nothing to actually find yet. Warmth rolls out the opening and fans over their face. “Hm. As much as I enjoy my work..there is benefit in putting it away for a bit.” Fern glances back over their shoulder at Jayden with a careful smile.[break][break]

“So…you would like to test the crystablooms as a tea, then? If you bring me one, or if I can find one to collect…I might be able to prepare it like a tea blend. I do remember how to.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 6:34:27 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the sudden kiss surprises him, but it's not unwanted. besides, jayden is beginning to get the idea that he might have to get used to surprising him.

[break][break] what was it he had said? that he had to keep him on his toes? jayden thought it was ridiculous — how could he get bored of them?

[break][break] but.

[break][break] he didn't mind the kisses.

[break][break] "stuck? why?"

[break][break] when the oven chimes, jayden finishes mixing the batter and pulls the tray that fern had prepared closer to him. he then takes a spoon and then begins to pour the batter in equal measure over the tray, his movements methodical and calculated, as if he can measure the exact distance between each in his eyes.

[break][break] doing this, he misses the smile sent his way, but he does look up in time to respond to the other.

[break][break] "that would be great," he says, mouth curving. "i was thinking that we could start with pokemon tests. after all — that would be the intent of the application, especially if we could figure out a more efficient way at healing the injured."

[break][break]
the great hoenn bake-off

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 16:37:17 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fernie"]
[attr="class","top"]

Again, there’s that very literal reaction.[break][break]

They laugh then, and their own nose wrinkles in amusement. “It’s only an expression, love.” The pet name rolls off their tongue without a second thought. A common one heard when they were growing up so it comes instinctively. “It won’t really get stuck, I don’t think.”[break][break]

Oven mitts at the ready, they wait for him to finish doling out lumps of cookie dough on the baking sheet so that they can slide it into the oven. The mitts are pale blue, patterned with little dreepies. They’re not fixated on this, though, so much as the positive response that they receive.[break][break]

Fern very obviously perks when their suggestion is received well. They are, after all, interested in this subject, and do continually desire to prove their mettle and loyalty toward Rocket despite the fact that they are not the strongest in combat. There are other ways to contribute, and these are the sorts of arenas they do well in.[break][break]

So to have an admin’s approval means something– even more so because it is , and they want him to be impressed with their toolbox of skills. “I think that’s doable. I imagine if they have more energy than typical flora, it would definitely speed up the process more than typical potions or tinctures might. I’ve got some pokemon we might be able to utilize.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
SNICKERDOODLES
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 7:53:09 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

love.

[break][break] the nickname — the one that rolls so easily and naturally off their tongue - elicits a violent reaction from jayden. embarrassment floods in his face in the form of a fierce blush and he has to turn away in order to hide it properly.

[break][break] against his will, his heart stutters in the quaint quiet of 's home — and he has to remind himself quietly, silently, of the last time that he had let this happen to him.

[break][break] it's not the same.

[break][break] it's easy to busy himself with the baking sheets and pouring the dough into the ban so that its perfectly natural, and so when he turns with the trays complete to hand it off to the other, his face has paled a bit to a much more normal hue.

[break][break] the fact that they're talking about work helps a bit too.

[break][break] "i'm glad you think so," he says, and it's only a slight off-pitch tone that would hint that anything is amiss. he and fern aren't yet close enough to make it perfectly apparent. or so he hopes. "i'll touch base with our scientists, or , and see if they have any additional information before we proceed."

[break][break] gesturing to the oven, he says:

[break][break] "they should be ready in about ten minutes, if you want to set a timer."

[break][break]

the great hoenn bake-off