6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 1:43:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
with the end of the world comes premium r&r. the other regions are off-limits so they're forced into hoenn's best vacation places. fortunately, lavaridge exists.

noah was busy so he went alone for the day. the temperatures were getting colder and the hot springs were the prime destination for it. other people had other priorities. kyle's was hot springs, which felt just like a fire-type just heated the pool.

he enters the pool, steamed to perfection just like how he imagined it would be. he's been here a lot of times before, but it never gets old. finding a spot, he soaks himself until he relaxes himself.

the best part of it is when he's alone. as soon as the thought crosses his head, the door at the entrance to the pool moves.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 2:20:27 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrheadinner"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topper"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topleft"]
[attr="class","ltr-tags"]for
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]born under a bad sign [break] with a blue moon in my eyes
[attr="class","ltrhead-topright"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Stress had seiged Remiel's mind on various fronts for weeks now. It was rare for him to be brought to the point of wanting a vacation... but here was. These were the same hot springs he'd enjoyed with the likes of , , and some time ago. Today, he'd resolved to enjoy them alone.[break][break]

Unfortunately, the hot springs happened to be quite booked when he arrived. The dome surrounding Hoenn like a cage factored into that quite heavily, of course. Alas, no exception could be made for either champion nor Galarian ambassador. He would be forced to share if he wanted to lounge relax in the water's rich warmth.[break][break]

This was, ultimately, what brought him to the door of none other than . Remiel creaks it open, wearing nothing but a pair of swim-shorts and carrying a white towel across his shoulder. "Pardon the intrusion," The royal says, closing the door behind him. "I was sent here to share the spring with you." He stops halfway en route when he realizes just who he's speaking to.[break][break]

"Ah, Mr. Lopez. Pleasure making your acquaintance again. We haven't seen each other since... the A.Q.U.A. INITIATIVE meeting, I believe?" He adds, stepping towards the water's edge and hoping his word's hadn't been some accidental DECEPTION.[break]

mission: vacation time[break][break]

[attr="class","ltr-lines"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-1"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-2"]
[attr="class","gimcredits"]made by gimmick
[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #546A95; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 2:36:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he tries to remember any other case of them meeting up, but he comes up short. it does make sense though, since their line of work don't necessarily cross each other often.

"i think so," he responds. "you missed out on a nice field trip we did." he changes tone soon after. "but i guess it's worth if it meant having a more flexible schedule."

he draws blanks on what to talk about next. what do they really have in common besides working in a government position?

soaking in the springs like a water-type, he scoots over to make more space between them. around six feet apart because they're not gay. he figures he'll just make the small talk as general as possible and hope the ambassador has the better talking skills to carry the conversation.

"is ambassador work getting too busy for you?" with the amount of galar citizens stuck on hoenn, he'd assume so.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 3:51:04 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]born under a bad sign [break] with a blue moon in my eyes
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Remiel enters the spring with patience and calm. Though the initial sting doesn't bother him so much anymore, frankly. "Hm, I'm sure," He remarks in response as he sinks into the steaming pool. "I've reconsidered not joining, to be completely honest... but I'm afraid my hands were tied. The QUEEN simply wouldn't have it."[break][break]

His mother... how was she dealing with the DARKEST DAY? They weren't on the closest of terms, of course, but the thought still worried him. Despite their arguments, in the end she'd been right all along: he should have stayed at home and accepted his responsibilities. Perhaps he shouldn't have DECEIVED himself into being anything else other than prince.[break][break]

He's snapped out of his thoughts by Kyle's next question. It's only then that he enters the spring fully, taking his seat a few feet apart from the other. "These days? My main job is to try and quell panic. The other aspects of my job have more or less been brought to a standstill." No immigration to speak of. No meetings to arrange between foreign diplomats.[break][break]

"How about you?" He asks, regarding the champion with nonchalant hues of cobalt blue. "Is work keeping you occupied these days?"[break][break]

[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #546A95; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 4:14:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yup. even more so now." he dips more of his body in the water like a water-type as he recalls the list of work that still needs to be done. "you got saved by not signing the contract, i'll have you know."

he wonders what could have happened to him had he not signed with aqua. he'd still be champion, he supposed, which meant fulfilling duties league assigns to him since he has a lot of free time in the first place.

that's where he reminded himself that the only reason he signed was because there will literally be no change in the job description he's already had beforehand.

"i guess most of it is the same as what you're doing already. for the most part, i mean."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 5:12:16 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Remiel quirks his brow. Does Kyle really think he dodged a bullet? There was no doubt in his mind that the A.Q.U.A. initiative was keeping him and the others quite busy these days. Even so, the legal red tape surrounding it all seemed like the most frustrating aspect of the whole thing. Absolutely TOXIC.[break][break]

"You do make a good point," Remiel responds, leaning his head back. "After the chaos subsides, however, I'll expect we'll see a very different Hoenn... but whether that will include us or not, remains to be seen." A silence briefly fills the air afterward. Then, suddenly, the ambassador poses a question: "Do you enjoy it? Being champion, I mean. Is this always what you wanted?"[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 5:20:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, in a sense that money wouldn't be a problem even after i retire so i can live my life chilling."

just like how he's chilling in the hot springs right now without a worry in the world, kinda like a wobbuffet with no attacking moves.

"no, in a way that that's all people know me for, i guess."

it does make introductions easy, but it's difficult to meet people and they already have high expectations from him. while he's aware that he's used to underselling himself, he's pretty sure that people think him much more than what he's actually worth.

he dips deeper into the pool.

"at least once every shitstorm on hoenn stops, you'd probably get less work. wait, is that the main selling point of hoenn for galar immigrants?"

kyle was always curious. now was one of the only times he can finally confirm his suspicions from the ambassador himself.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:03:13 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Remiel nods in understanding. "I know the feeling." People only ever knew him as 'prince' or 'ambassador'. More often than not those labels came with prejudices and expectations, too.[break][break]

He utters a laugh next at Kyle's words. "Will it ever stop? It seems Hoenn is constantly under some form of attack or commotion. It's been that way since I moved here, that's for certain." His first experience with the phenomena had been the BLACEPHALON attack in Slateport during New Years. That same Pokémon, that he'd helped capture, now lay in the hands of . It had caused great harm to his allies before... and that sat like VENOM at the pit of his heart.[break][break]

"Hm? Main selling point?" The royal reiterates, staring at the chamber's rocky ceiling as he thinks. "It varies, really. But most consider Hoenn ripe with opportunity for glory and wealth. Personally, I find it to be fascinating from an archaeological perspective."[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:26:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
glory, just like every fighting-type specialist's goal. that answers that.

"damn. not even the people. that's kind of understandable though."

he hears a ring from the locker room, volume loud enough to be heard from the hot springs. the ringtone was iconic too, being an upbeat opening theme from one of the current season's anime.

there's a groan that can be heard from kyle.

"ugh. that's probably work. you probably feel me, right?" he gets up, towel safely secured by a hand, as he lumbers back to get dressed up. "nice talking, calcifet. good luck with the whole ambassador thing."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:39:19 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Remiel laughs; a rare sound for someone to make on a genuine level. Though, likely, Kyle doesn't know that. "If it's any consolation, I find the people quite fascinating as well."[break][break]

Unfortunately, the ring that permeates their shared space cuts their conversation short. The prince nods in understanding. "All too well. It's been a pleasure, Mr. Lopez. Look me up if it ever gets too lonely at the top. I'd enjoy a good spar." He smiles, casting a short wave goodbye.[break][break]

FIN
[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
onsen egg [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 3:58:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: