senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
Why do stars fall? (Mission)
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 13:46:33 GMT
Altagracia Contreras Avatar

Darkness fought bravely against the Slateport City light pollution, but for however much it fought the darkness was losing. The stars twinkled weakly in the night sky. A cool autumn breeze washed over Slateport Beach.

Altagracia had come here, not in search of stars but Pokémon. The dome that had cut Hoenn off had caused given her more work than she could possibly handle. And tonight was no different.

Twinkling spheres of fire blinked in the sky before descending closer and closer. Falling at ever-increasing speeds until they slammed into the beach sand with such force that it caused a minor crater to form. One by one the crash landed, and there was still more to be found in the skies. But for now, there was peace.

Altagracia hurried over to the crater a gentle shinning flashlight in hand, an Elgyem floating by her side ready to protect her while she looked for the poor unfortunate souls. Her eyes quickly spotted the first of the Minor. Shell sizzled with heat, as the tiny one was caught within, fighting to get out.

She felt the heat radiating from the shell as she came closer. And though she probably just shouldn’t engage with it, she had to help. She quickly summoned another of her Pokémon, a Froslass. “Gently now, let’s cool the shell and help it out.”

It nodded and slowly breathed cold air upon the shell.

OOC: As always Altagracia is there to observe, but can't help getting handsy
MISSION: Minior Mayham

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 4:00:08 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest5"]
[attr="class","nomitest5post"]

[attr="class","nomitest5tag"]

Minior Mayhem

The salty sea breeze plucked at Nomi's long pink hair beneath the knit hat she wore as the young woman breathed in deep, feeling contented by the rhythmic crashing of the waves against the shore. Had it really been three months since she'd last visited Slateport Beach? During that time, she had been standing under the blinding heat of a summer sun, wearing a bathing suit, and enjoying the Splashfest antics. Now, she stood by the ocean beneath glittering stars, the winter air frigid, the atmosphere lonelier.[break][break]
Except she wasn't alone - Valerian was with her, of course. Together, the two of them languidly traversed the sandy expanse before them, in pursuit of a Minior. Nomi had heard rumors that they were falling from the sky lately, more frequently than ever before - a strange side-effect of the approaching meteor, perhaps? Regardless of the reason, it was a wonderful opportunity to gather a rare and fascinating astral specimen for her current experiments. Learning as much as possible about space from such creatures, as well as gathering materials from them (their shells could survive atmospheric exit and entry!) could be incredibly useful in aiding Rocket's upcoming trip to said meteor, a trip that Nomi and and others were currently preparing for.[break][break]
A streak of light caught Nomi's eye, and she followed its path to the ground with her gaze, squinting through the darkness. She beckoned for Val to follow her, then jogged off in the direction she had seen the trail of light. When they arrived at the crater, Nomi was surprised to see someone already there, a Froslass by her side. The woman was taller than Nomi, a stately figure, and she seemed to be staring at the glowing center of the crater as her Pokemon sent out a blast of icy air. Steam hissed as cold met hot. Val sniffed expectantly, the Sylveon's expression a mix of curiosity and wariness.[break][break]
Not wanting to startle the woman, Nomi said gently, "I can help, if you'd like." She didn't know exactly what the woman intended to do, but if there was any chance she could salvage the Minior - or part of it - she would certainly offer her aid. And in any case, who was this woman? Was she another scientist? Nomi had never seen her around Slateport University or the Rocket sub before.[break][break]
Nomi couldn't help but feel intrigued.

[attr="class","nomitest5ooc"]

NOTES

Nomi's Outfit

[break][break]

[attr="class","nomitest5pkmn"]

[attr="class","nomitest5credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest5]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest5]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 .nomitest5tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 .nomitest5post b"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 .nomitest5ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5post .nomitest5pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 .nomitest5credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:-7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 .nomitest5credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 8:59:04 GMT

For a moment she had been so caught in her intention to help the Minior that she hadn’t noticed the approaching woman. So, when Naomi spoke, it caused a mild jump of surprise.

Luckily was not so easily startled or it might’ve caused unfortunate consequences for the Minior it was trying to cool down. A task it was succeeding at.

“That would be very much appreciated.” Altagracia said returning her attention to the Minior. It’s shell had been cooled down by now. The Minior inside tried to struggle free but could not.

“This little Minior seems stuck in its shell. I am just trying to help it out.” Altagracia quickly explained. While the was cracks in its shell, it was clear the shell was still too thick to break easily.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 21:25:13 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Minior Mayhem

The Minior was, indeed, struggling. Nomi looked to Val, and the Sylveon cocked his head as if in thought. Then he padded up to the edge of the crater, right next to the strange woman, demeanor determined. His eyes began to glow a soft red, and after a moment, several glittering stars shot out towards the Minior - an appropriately astral aid effort. The SWIFT was finessed so that each star hit the shell's cracks, encouraging them to widen and provide the Pokémon inside with an easier escape route. When he'd finished, the Minior had a lot more room to wiggle free - which it did so with haste.[break][break]
"Well done, Val," Nomi praised him with a smile. Then she took the initiative to slid down the side of the crater, shoes scraping against hot sand, until she was right next to the newly freed Minior.[break][break]
"Hello there," she greeted it. She picked it gently up, intending to help bring it up to the surface where Valerian and the other woman waited. The little star-shaped creature was a vibrant violet, and it glowed softly as if lit from the inside. Nomi looked up at the woman who had originally found it, expression excited. "It's beautiful, don't you think?"

NOTES

Nomi's Outfit

[break][break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest5]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 .nomitest5tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5post .nomitest5pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 .nomitest5credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:-7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest5 .nomitest5credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 7:19:01 GMT

Altagracia had not expected the woman to agree to help. Far too often was it the case that people did not even deign to look at wild Pokémon, much less help them without wishing to catch them.

But the stranger helped all the same, with precise application of SWIFT, the cracks in the shell widened letting the Minior finally struggle free of its shell.

Excitement welled up in her as Naomi arose from the impact crater carrying the little shining star.

Naomi asked a question.

The Answer obvious. “It is!” Altagracia was quick to move closer, bending down slightly to have a better look at the little meteor Pokémon. “I will admit. It’s the first time I’ve have come this close to a Minior.”

She had seen them from afar, true, even read books on them. But she hadn’t had the pleasure of being this close. And so, she would do as any good pure hearted scientist would.

Attempt to touch the Pokémon with a gentle hand.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 23:14:36 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Minior Mayhem

"It's my first time meeting one, as well," Nomi replied pleasantly as the other woman bent over to gently pet the Minior. Her touch was tentative, as if expecting the Minior to still be hot. It was warm, certainly, but comfortable enough to be cradled in Nomi's arms. In fact, as time went on, it seemed to be cooling off significantly.[break][break]
As fingertips met illuminated flesh, the Minior squirmed. Its inner glow pulsed softly, like a miniature beacon. It gazed up at Nomi and the other woman with curious swirl-shaped eyes.[break][break]
"My name is Naomi Sato, by the way," Nomi said to her newfound companion. "I'm a student at Slateport University."[break][break]
Uncertain what else the woman might want to know, Nomi grew quiet. Taking in the woman's appearance, Nomi could see that she was definitely older than Nomi - maybe middle-aged? She had long, wild hair and keen eyes that crinkled at the corners. Her demeanor was inquisitive yet stately. Nomi couldn't help but wonder if she was a scientist too.

NOTES

Nomi's Outfit

[break][break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 10:39:27 GMT

“A pleasure to meet you, my name is Altagracia Contreras.” Altagracia replied, though honestly her attention was a bit focused on the touch of the Minior, she mentally noted how it was quickly cooling down. Which admittedly made sense if this was a part of their life cycle.

But the uncertain silence was not lost upon Altagracia, and so she began to speak. “So What are you studying?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 2:35:17 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Minior Mayhem

Nomi did not recognize the woman's name. If she was a fellow scientist, Nomi had not come across her research yet.[break][break]
"I'm studying bioengineering," Nomi answered proudly. "I'm quite interested in both human and Pokémon physiology. I'm interested in developing new therapies and technologies for enhancing the human body in ways that potentially mimic Pokémon abilities." She'd started to get curious about the bond of avatarship, specifically, and how that affected the human body, but that work was primarily for Rocket...[break][break]
"What about you? Are you...also a scientist?" Nomi asked, tone polite though laced with intrigue. "And if so, what are you currently studying?"[break][break]
By the looks of it, the Minior had begun to cool off significantly. Nomi and Val watched with curious expressions. Would it tolerate their continued study or would it try and escape?

NOTES

Nomi's Outfit

[break][break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 14:34:13 GMT

A curious glint appeared in Altagracia’s eyes as the woman went on to describe her field of study. It was a fascinating field, one which she hadn’t pursued all that much. But the few others that she had spoken to that had, always seemed like they were on the cusp of greatness, just waiting for that one lucky push in the right direction.

“Oh that is an interesting field.” She acknowledged.

But Naomi quickly turned the question back at her. Luckily it wouldn’t be the first time she had to answer that question. “I am. I study Pokémon behavior, and usually I focus on how changes in the environment affects the behavior of its inhabitants.”

One small pause later and she would continue.

“I heard these Minior had begun to descend in larger numbers than usual, and decided to take a look.”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 18:40:35 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Minior Mayhem

A Pokémon behavioral specialist? That was certainly intriguing.[break][break]
Someone like that could be useful. Nomi fished around in her backpack, pulling out a small field notebook and a pen. She scribbled some information on a piece of paper then tore it out and held it out to Altagracia.[break][break]
"Here's my university email address and my cell phone number. I'd be interested in visiting your lab - or office, wherever you work - sometime, if you'd allow it. Likewise, you are always welcome at the Slateport University labs. I'd be happy to show you some of my current experiments."[break][break]
Nomi glanced at the Minior; it had not attempted an escape. If anything, it was looking more and more relaxed - comfortable, even - as the minutes passed.[break][break]
"Yes, I'd heard that too," she remarked, on the subject of the Minior descending at an increased rate. "I also came out here tonight to find one to study." She smiled a little. "That one seems fond of you, so I'll keep looking...I was hoping to take one back to the University, but if those rumors are indeed true, there will be more."[break][break]
Valerian yawned. It was getting late. Nomi ought to record her observations of the Minior she'd helped Altagracia recover, then head back to her apartment. She could always continue her search tomorrow.[break][break]
"It was a pleasure running into you," the young scientist said, flashing the older woman a polite smile. "Take good care of that little guy."

NOTES

Nomi's Outfit

[break][break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 0:33:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: