TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
M.A.G.M.A TRIALS: INCUBATE 3
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 15:27:11 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Turns out that – surprise surprise – eggs actually incubate for a really long time.
[break][break]
Ceri came into this knowing that, of course, and at least this is a light project that she can take care of with mild supervision while dealing with every other task that has been assigned to her, but still… looking after things like these just doesn’t suit her. Too damn delicate.
[break][break]
”Sure wish you would hatch already, little buddy.” She tells the egg when taking it to the testing chamber, incubator in hand. She knows it's very unlikely that the pokémon within can hear her, yet the words are spoken all the same – as if by instinct.
[break][break]
The egg had been kept among crystablooms all this time, with additional infinity energy being provided by her mega stone, but just as before, today they’ll expose it to SPRINGTIDE STORM once more.
[break][break]
When gets here, that is.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ M.A.G.M.A RESEARCH SECTOR - TIER 3 - REPRODUCE

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.cgt2] --accent: #8999BD;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 16:21:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"This thing still hasn't hatched yet?"

Barnaby asked, not even offering a proper greeting to as he entered her laboratory space.

How long had it been since they'd started this little experiment? It felt like ages. Granted, to someone with as little patience as , most things took eons longer than he would like them to. He wanted to see the tiny infinity energy monstrosity now.

Still, all good things come to those who wait, etc. etc.

He strode up beside the researcher and her incubated egg, Bijou following gracefully behind. The NINETALES offered Ceri a soft boop to her upper arms with her snout - a show of progress in their relationship? Moderately. With so much regular contact Bijou was becoming more and more relaxed around the woman.

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #3
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 17:40:21 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Sometimes I wonder if it’ll hatch at all.” Ceri admits with an exaggerated sigh, giving the incubator a few gentle pats. She doesn’t particularly mind the lack of a greeting: by this point, she and Bee see each other so frequently that it’s almost like seeing one of her coworkers at the lab – except, of course, that the executive is no scientist.
[break][break]
”It’ll hatch, though, no worries. I could have accelerated it with a Pokémon with Flame Body, yeah? Old breeders’ trick and all, but I didn’t want to introduce more factors into the experiment.”
[break][break]
There’s a shrug, once again not bothering with elaborating on her reasoning. Instead, she simply places the incubator down and gets to work, checking parameters and ensuring that everything is up to standard before they can get started.
[break][break]
”How have things been, by the way?”
[break][break]
Small talk is also part of this routine, isn’t it?
[break][break]
The Ninetales' actions, however, are not, and for a moment, Ceri is confused. What does she do? She smiles down at Bijou, also giving her a couple of pats just as she had done with the incubator... except that more hesitantly and covering her hand with her sleeve. You know, allergies and all. Nothing personal.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.cgt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 20:05:30 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"It better. I didn't spend hours of my time coming here for nothing." It sounded harsh, but the teasing lilt in Barnaby's voice made it obvious he was just kidding around.

"What Pokémon is it supposed to be, anyway?" He asked, his voice sounding more inquisitive than teasing now. Ceri was right, he was no scientist, but he still held a healthy curiosity, as all scientists should. It was why he made such a good journalist.

Meanwhile, Bijou was mildly pleased by the reciprocated attention. A little confused by the inclusion of Ceri's sleeve, but placated nonetheless. She lowered her head for the pats and then shifted back toward Barnaby when she'd had her fill.

"Things have been alright. We're so close to starting the operation at Mt. Pyre that I've been busy preparing for that." Barnaby's voice was even, conversational. "What about you?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 20:25:58 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

As Ceri sees it, there’s no such thing as a waste when it comes to experimenting. Even failure can result in learning and discovery, and honestly, often most of the learning done comes from it. There’s no point in her explaining that to Bee, though, even if he weren’t joking.
[break][break]
She values his help.
[break][break]
Just as she values the fact that he’s someone she can tease instead of having to constantly act serious and professional. Case in point: Bee asking what kind of pokémon is in the egg.
[break][break]
”Wouldn’t you like to know, weather boy?”
[break][break]
A smirk, teasing. No, Ceri doesn’t know that Bee is actually a journalist. It’s a meme. Sure, he’s pretty damn old, but so is this meme, so he must be familiar with it, no? Isn’t that how this works?
[break][break]
”It’s a surprise.” She winks then, stepping away from the egg. There’s nothing spectacular about it, not really, and as easy as it would be to tell him, it also wouldn’t be nearly as fun as this.
[break][break]
”I get you on being busy with preparations, it’s been pretty damn crazy around here. Ready to kick some ass at Pyre? Oh, you can start whenever, by the way.” She looks at Bijou when saying that last part, not Bee himself.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 20:54:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Hmm. Surprises aren't really my thing."

The ROCKET executive responded, deadpan. And yes, he did recognize that meme, but decided not to play along. It made Barnaby skeptical of Ceri's personal knowledge about him... had someone told her of his guise as an HNN journalist? Surely not...

Still, he'd tuck that inkling of suspicion away and worry about it another time.

"Ready to get it over with, that's for sure." The anticipation was killing him. It was like waiting for your own death, pre-determined date and all.

"Go on, Bijou." He added softly, nodding for his NINETALES to begin her SPRINGTIDE STORM. The fox unfurled her tails, took a moment to stretch, and then positioned herself a distance away from the egg and its incubator. Within moments glowing petals once again filled the testing chamber.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 0:45:18 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Living in Hoenn must fill you with annoyance, then.” She teases, beaming up at the executive with the cheekiest grin ever. It’s the simple truth, isn’t it? Hoenn is a place that constantly surprises them; full of changes that often defy all logic and their notion of reality. Ceri herself enjoys it, but she can see how others would be deeply annoyed by it.
[break][break]
The thing is that she’s not a particularly patient person either.
[break][break]
Were it her choice, the egg would have hatched long ago, but the whole point of this experiment is exposure to Infinity Energy overtime, and so she has no choice but to wait.
[break][break]
Thankfully, at least Bijou acts fast.
[break][break]
SPRINGTIDE STORM is as she has come to know it to be, no huge variables existing. Being that it always comes from the same pokémon, the move’s power is always around the same parameters, but she still monitors it from her tablet just in case. All is as it should be. Hopefully, the egg will hatch soon after this.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 1:57:48 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He laughed.

Because god, she was right. Barnaby thought he knew the way of the world until he emigrated to Hoenn. What felt like at least three cataclysmic events later, he hardly knew what to expect anymore. He had no expectations, actually. Reality had officially become stranger than anything he could possibly dream up.

"I've definitely found it more annoying than Kalos. Perhaps that's just the culture shock, though." He paused for a second before continuing. "Or the interdimensional terrorist organization trying to snuff out our universe. Who's to say? A lot of things grate on me."

Despite his response, Barnaby was all smiles when he looked down at Ceri. One had to find humor to get through the dark times, right?

In the background Bijou continued her attack. She would persist until told otherwise.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 2:28:42 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

In the end, humour may just be the salvation of Hoenn. It’s how many of them have learned to deal with things, isn’t it? Just laugh it off and go on about your day as soon as possible.
[break][break]
Not Ceri, though.
[break][break]
To Ceri, all of these phenomena that often defy logic are exactly what she likes about the region. They’re part of why she had chosen to pursue science as a career, and it’s the constant challenge that they provide that serves as one of her main motivators when it comes to all of that.
[break][break]
Mind you, she’s also well aware of the damage said phenomena have caused, like the recent destruction of her own region, but at moments like these, things like those are blissfully ignored…
[break][break]
She just focuses on the here and now, watching the swirling petals of Bijou’s SPRINGTIDE STORM
[break][break]
”Nah, I’d definitely blame culture shock.” A smirk. ”Think of it this way… this egg? Experiments like these couldn’t happen anywhere but at Hoenn. It’s an exciting place!”
[break][break]
Speaking of, once they move finally ceases, she looks at him.
[break][break]
”You better come by next week to watch it hatch!”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 2:44:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Exciting is definitely an applicable descriptor." Harrowing. Calamitous. Unpredictable. Exceedingly dangerous. There were lots of words one could use.

But Barnaby's time in Hoenn hadn't been all bad. In fact, some of his favorite moments had happened within the last year of being within the country. At least there was some give and take in that regard.

Eventually Ceri signaled that she was ready for the SPRINGTIDE STORM to end. The petals subsided and Bijou returned to Barnaby's side. He gave her a soft stroke to the forehead before glancing at and responding with a teasing,

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. Can't wait to see what little monstrosity hatches from that thing."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 4:17:28 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]

M.A.G.M.A REPORT #87

UPDATE ON INCUBATION OF SUBJECT AT4

[break][break]
DATE PERFORMED: 2022-11-26
[break][break]
RESEARCHER:
[break][break]
ASSISTANT: BEE ()
[break][break]

Study of the effects of exposure to EXCESS INFINITY ENERGY on eggs during incubation, with the intent of replicating the circumstances that led to the BIRTH OF ANOMALOUS POKÉMON at the establishment referred to as "THE HATCHERY" during the Infinity Energy surge in early 2022.

[break][break][break]

As intended, SUBJECT AT4's incubator has remained among CRYSTABLOOMS, receiving controlled and constant exposure to the energy they emit. The MEGA STONE integrated into its incubator has provided additional INFINITY ENERGY, resulting in controlled exposure. There has been minimal fluctuation in the amount of energy it has been exposed to throughout incubation (parameters annexed).

[break][break][break]

SUBJECT AT4 continues to be exposed to SPRINGTIDE STORM.
[break][break]
Results remain the same as during previous exposure. Vitals remain normal.

[break][break][break]
SUBJECT AT4 is expected to hatch within EIGHT DAYS, will continue to expose the subject to Infinity Energy through a variety of methods until then.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 2:11:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: