awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Song of Snow and Magma [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 17:09:10 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
This year's cold wave was truly out of this world... Even the peak of Mt. Chimney was snow-capped! The fluffy blanket of white covering Hoenn's big red mountain only melted off near the very tip of its crater, where one could see the massive pool of lava below still boiling hot despite the frigid weather.

Riding on the back of her loyal Hydreigon, Andrea landed on the topmost part of the volcano, her feet immediately getting submerged in the snow upon dismounting her flying steed. "Brrr... It's colder than usual up here!" The young PokéManiac observed, rubbing her mitten-wearing hands together. Still, the fledgling researcher in her was curious to see if the drastic shift in climate had affected the local wildlife.
fire / ground
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 1:54:40 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
A small patch of dried wood was set alight by a patchwork of stones surrounding it. Overhead, a pot smelling of curry, and a camp of six Pokemon by a flat of snow somewhere in the mountains of Mt. Chimney. Callan was camping out, stirring a pot as his Pokemon lazily hung around.

His Yamper, Lady, barked at the newcomer as she came to view.

"It is, the weather drops significantly at higher altitudes." Callan replied, waving to Andrea. His memory served him well this time around, "We've met before, Andrea right? Slateport beach cleaning?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 5:54:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLETCHINDER APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GALE WINGS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEINT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AERIAL ACE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAZOR WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TOEDSCOOL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MYCELIUM MIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SEED BOMB

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 12:03:02 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The distinct yapping of a Yamper caught Andrea's attention. Turning towards the dog's owner, her face beamed with joy, and she cheerfully waved back. "Mr. Callan, long time no see! How's Liore doing?"

Indeed, they had met before. And yet, Callan had come a long way from being an unemployed, nicotine-addicted, divorced dad taking his daughter out for a beach walk. Now he was a member of the Elite Four, and a worldwide sensation as a member of TERAVOLT. In contrast, Andrea was still her old, Pokémon-loving self.

"What are you cooking? It smells nice..." The dragon-costumed girl mused, approaching the steamy pot of curry. However, she wasn't the only one drawn by the tasty smell: A strange, squid-like creature suddenly emerged from the snow. "Is that a Tentacool?!" The girl blurted out in shock.

The 'Tentacool' sprayed her with a cloud of Stun Spores, forcing the girl to cover her mouth and nose with her sleeve. "C-Chomper, get it with a Crunch!" The young PokéManiac ordered, while coughing. Her Hydreigon obliged, brutally gnawing on the sentient fungus with all three of his jaws.

Andrea hurled a spare Pokéball, still perplexed by that creature's familiar, yet very abnormal appearance.
//attempting to catch toedscool

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 17:12:52 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan smiles, "I'm glad you remember, though part of me wishes that it was a nicer memory." Andrea didn't meet him when he was getting his shit back together, that was a memory of when he was at the lowest point in his life. Still, it said a lot about her that she remembered his daughter. "She's doing well, avoided the meteor by staying with my ex in Unova." Callan replied. In other words, safe, secure, hopefully doing well.

"Care to try some?" He asked. It was not a particularly difficult thing to make, hot water and curry stock cubes and a medley of vegetables cut into parts with sausages. It was a cheap ranger meal that was hot and filling. Callan scooped a bowl for Andrea, though momentarily the distraction of a new Pokemon was more pressing for her. Callan himself stood away, as the Spore came towards him, his Slaking, Enma, acted on instinct, extending an arm out to create a shield that protected the food from being spoiled by plant spunk.

Once business settled down for Andrea, Callan walked over to her, passing her a bowl ladeled with rice and curry. "Here." He said, extending a chair for her as he himself seated down on a stool. "How've you been this year?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 2:03:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GARCHOMP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DUAL CHOP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON RUSH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SLUGMA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MAGMA ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CLEAR SMOG

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE TOEDSCOOL!
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 9:31:57 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
After Andrea had caught a completely normal Tentacool, she joined Callan on his humble campsite, taking the bowl of steaming hot curry in her hands and blowing on it lightly. "Thanks." The young woman said, before taking a tentative bite. "It's so yummy~!" She cooed with a delighted expression plastered on her face, her cheeks flushing bright pink.

Meanwhile, a Garchomp slowly rose from the snow, its HIBERNATION disrupted by the deplorable cold. The fearsome cave dragon let out a groggy, guttural growl, its eyes glowing a baleful red hue. Brandishing its claw-like arms, it lumbered towards the campers with hostile intentions.

garchomp.gif

Intent on not letting his trainer's curry-tasting session be interrupted, Andrea's Hydreigon charged towards his fellow pseudo-legendary with a brutal Outrage. The Garchomp answered it with a Dragon Rush. While the two fearsome dragons fought tooth and nail, Andrea was fully engrossed in that delicious curry, blissfully unaware of what was happening behind her back.

Chomper was finally able to prevail over his opponent with a super effective Ice Fang, forcing the cold-hating beast to start fleeing. He roared triumphantly, but was disappointed to see that his trainer hadn't even noticed his impressive feat of badassery. His mood was uplifted when the girl offered to share some of her food with him.

"It's been a pretty crazy year..." The cosplayer replied to the rockstar, petting Chomper's black mane, while the latter gorged himself on the rest of the curry. "We got into space-time distortions, a dimension where everything was dark, and a weird cyberspace called 'The Cloud'. And then there was the meteorite... That one was the craziest of all." She said, looking down sullenly.
//skipping

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 7:43:44 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Well, we're both alive, I suppose that's what counts." Callan replied, watching as Andrea's Hydreigon comfortably fends off the surprise Garchomp attack from the two of them. Despite the imminent threat of the dragon type, it seemed that both trainers at this point had enough experience with world-ending catastrophes for such an imminent danger to be nothing more than a distraction.

"Thanks! It's my favorite curry cube, I used to pack it for my Ranger missions all the time." Callan replied, as Andrea's Hydreigon overpowers the Garchomp's outrage in the background, rocks and dirt fly everywhere as Callan dips his spoon into the rice. The particulates are blocked by Eurea, Callan's Gardevoir, from harming the rest of the group as she helps herself to a Sitrus berry.

A Slugma slides by, watching the chaos, then decides better than to join the ensuing chaos.

"Yeah, things are moving quite a lot, aren't they?" As the chaos settles and the Garchomp situation is dealt with, Callan briefly looks towards the mountainside. "They aren't looking to get any better, anytime soon either." He buries his mouth in rice and curry, speaking as he chews. "Any thoughts on leaving the region? The barrier's down now. I imagine quite a few people will decide to leave Hoenn until things settle down here." At least, that was what he planned to say, the words were muffled by the fact that there was food in his mouth.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 8:38:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLETT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] IRON FIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SHADE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HAMMER ARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MAGNITUDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SIZZLIPEDE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOKESCREEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LUNGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WRAP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 12:07:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Callan may have been speaking with his mouth full, put thankfully Andrea was able to understand him. His question shocked her, causing her to stare at him flabbergasted. "Why would I ever leave? Hoenn is my home... It's where I grew up." She replied, looking down at her now empty bowl courtesy of Chomper's ravenous hunger.

Still, it was true that things had changed for the worse. Nearby, a tiny Sizzlipede crawled along the snow, searching for someplace warm to burrow into. This cold wave that assailed their tropical region was not natural. The sudden emergence of Pokémon from another region was not natural. Tentacool walking on two legs was not natural. What was next? A zombie apocalypse? Another alien invasion? The Earth's polarity shifting, causing the AURORA BOREALIS to appear over their sky?

Despite her many layers of clothing, the young woman shivered at the thought of what was to come. "Things have to get better, right? Mr. Maldacena said that if Hoenn wasn't destroyed by the meteor, all worlds would end... Now the meteor's gone, and yet we're still here." It sounded like something out of a science fiction novel, but Andrea had seen the simulated worlds with her own eyes during the whole Cloud conundrum.
//skipping

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 18:48:46 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan chuckled. "Meteors, time rifts, portals to other dimensions, distortions in our space time, ultra wormholes... I suppose this place has never really been safe. But I feel you." Callan replied, watching as a Golett moves past. Callan momentarily takes a pokeball and launches it towards the small golem, intending to train one for himself, before returning to the conversation.

"My daughter moved over to Unova." Callan says, "Jen and I agree it was probably the best for her. Also a fresh start at school for her, she seems happier there." Callan momentarily takes out a cigarette and smokes, careful not to let the smoke affect Andrea too much. "I guess anything is better than certain death." Callan agreed. "I don't know, to be honest. I hope we can catch a smaller break without certain doom looming over us. But I suppose..." He purses his lips as he takes a drag, "that we have a responsibility to try and fix the entire multiverse. Somehow."

Golett catch attempt.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 22:46:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DARUMAKA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HUSTLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]INCINERATE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FUECOCO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROUND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRE BLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SNARL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE GOLETT!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 11:59:20 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea smiled when Callan mentioned his daughter again. "If she's happy that's a good thing. I hope she becomes a Pokémon trainer and makes lots of friends!" She merrily remarked, her smile dropping when she saw Hoenn's hottest sensation lighting a cigarette. "You still have that gross habit?! Smoking's bad for you!"

Scolding him for his nicotine addiction aside, she seemed to agree with what Callan was saying. "We'll definitely fix it, although it'd be a lot easier if we knew what's wrong with the multiverse in the first place instead of being told vague stuff about an origin point." The draconic cosplayer sighed. Meanwhile, Chomper leaned over the pot to see if there was any more curry left.
//skipping

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 5:46:19 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan did as well. He hides his anxiety as Andrea made her wishes, that was what he wanted for his daughter as well, wasn't it? Yet, some part of him did wish that he could see it, watch it, and be part of it.

Callan wanted to have her be in front of him when she graduated primary, when she got her first Pokemon, when she challenged the gyms. He wanted to stand in the middle of the crowd as he watched her play a guitar for the school or be there at the park watching her, tutoring her as she trained with her starter. And then he imagined Tony filling in those roles and he instinctively drew harder on his cigarette, hsi eyes divert from her as she chastised him.

He knew, of course. But it was hard to cut the habit. He chuckles, "Life's better with a few addictions." Callan joked in response.

Bump. "Hmm?"

Callan looked downwards, an apple was looking back at him, with expectant eyes. "Fue!" Callan kneeled down and looked at its large, gaping mouth, "You want a snack, don't you?" Callan grinned, before turning to grab a bowl and loading it with rice and curry. The Pokemon eats everything, including the bowl. "Wait... I need that back..."

"Coco!" It exclaims, turning it's apple head before running around Callan. It finds an empty Pokeball, and headbutss it, sliding into the ball. Callan paused, did it just invite itself to being his Pokemon? He turns back to Andrea.

"Somehow I don't think we'll be able to have any easy answers." Callan admitted, as he finishes his curry. "But, in the meantime, I'm hoping we do prepare for it. Part of the reason why I revamped the League challenge system." Callan admitted. "Do you intend to take on the gyms, by the way?"

Capturing Fuecoco Attempt

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 7:20:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLETT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] IRON FIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHADOW PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SLAP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SIZZLIPEDE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRE LASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE FUECOCO!