Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 7:34:51 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It was a quiet afternoon in League HQ. The birds were chirping, the earth was rotating, and all was finally right in the world.
[break][break]
Kinda.
[break][break]
A trail of clicks led the councilwoman down the pristine floor, passing behind the various plaques and portraits, set forth with a fixed destination in mind.
[break][break]
" ," she called, knocking softly against his door, "you in?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 8:06:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

much to his surprise, he has an office assigned to him which he has never used as he's only just found out about its existence. the information must have gotten lost somewhere along the way. he'll blame for that.[break][break]

knocks on his door make him roll his eyes. he sighs softly, preparing himself for an interaction.[break][break]

"yes, come in."[break][break]

and when she does, he gestures to the chair across his desk. how weird it is for him to be sitting behind a desk.[break][break]

"you know you can just call me matias, right?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-groudon"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 8:27:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Hey," She greeted him with a smile before clicking the door close behind her. "Yeah, you're right -- sorry, I've just had a long day of meetings."
[break][break]
And meetings always required the utmost formalities out of her. Moving toward the chair, her hand curled around it's back, turning it just enough for her to slip in.
[break][break]
"Have you gotten to the reports on Mt pyre yet?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 8:31:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i have."[break][break]

he's read through it a couple of times, actually, to better familiarize himself with everything that has happened. in fact, the folder still sits on his desk should penny be perceptive enough to notice it.[break][break]

a genuine smile is offered.[break][break]

"i'm glad you and everyone else made it back safely. good job out there."

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 8:55:51 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Thanks. I heard you all did well at Littleroot, too," a matching genuine smile met his.

[break][break]

More than Mt pyre, she wanted to ensure that the town made it through the invasion, so the families could lay rest in their own homes.

[break][break]

"Thank you for that, by the way. Your efforts looked to be monumental for keeping the town safe."

[break][break]
The chair squeaked beneath her weight as she shifted to cross her right leg over the other.

[break][break]
"though, to be honest, I still can't help but worry. Palkia, Dialga, hoppa, celebi," she listed off the names of the documented legendary on her fingers, eyes darkening at each one, "Moltres."

[break][break]

"I worry what might happen if Rocket manages to reach them."

[break][break]

The thought nearly drew out a shudder from her.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 15:36:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no thanks needed. we all did our part."[break][break]

some more than others, though this he keeps to himself, realizing it may not paint him in the best of lights to judge those who risked their lives the same way he had.[break][break]

"there was also a mesprit at littleroot. i didn't really get a good look at it, though."[break][break]

the screensaver on his league-assigned computer shifts to a person snowboarding. he reaches forward to turn the monitor off.[break][break]

"the only ones i'd worry about are palkia and dialga. the rest seem easy enough to deal with. moltres has already been killed once, for example."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 19:37:34 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Was there?" Interest flashed in her eyes. Did she missed this in the reports. "Was it next to anything, anyone?"
[Break][break]
If someone had already drawn an affinity to the legend, she'd want to know. Though, maybe she was asking too much from the elite 4 member. There was a good chance he had barely even caught a glimpse of the spirit.
[Break][break]
"We'd be foolish to dismiss the strength the others could provide rocket," she frowned, "but, I agree more or less. Those two are the most concerning for us, by far."
[Break][break]
A break.
[Break][break]
"How did Moltres die back then, anyways." From skimming around the files, she recalled seeing it referenced in the more recent reports. "There's been so much to catch up on, Im still a little behind with all that's happen these last few years." At least from an internal standpoint.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 8:44:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i believe it was accompanied by rosmantis. she runs a minor league gym."[break][break]

which is odd, really, that a legendary such a mesprit would align itself with someone without much repute. but then again, mesprit itself is relatively lowkey, so perhaps it makes sense.[break][break]

"those two are most concerning for hoenn in general just because of how powerful they are. how destructive they have been."[break][break]

but he's hoping the good they've done for them will pay off eventually. an eye for an eye, as they say.[break][break]

"it was shot by the drk triad during the star soiree, presumed to have been sent to an alternate universe to die."[break][break]

his expression drops a little.[break][break]

"my sister was its patron. she later disappeared, too."[break][break]

presumed dead.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 8:57:15 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Shit.
[break][break]
"I'm sorry to hear that."
[break][break]
Her fingers curled around the armrests of the chair, where her fingernails could dig deep into its wooden exterior -- a habit the councilwoman had carried over with her to The League.
[break][break]
But if Moltres is back, then maybe she is too -- is what she wanted to say, but more than anyone else, she knew the emptied feeling that came with loss. Even if done with good intentions, misplaced hope could feel worse than reality.
[break][break]
It felt odd continuing the conversation after that bombshell, but nonetheless, she did.
[break][break]
"Since its resurrection, I've taken a few trips to Mt Chimney already. Just to see if it'd come out."
[break][break]
It was a dumb shot in the dark, but out of everyone she listed, Moltres was the only one tied to a location. Making it the easiest to pinpoint.
[break][break]
"No dice, unfortunately."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 4:42:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"if only it were that easy."[break][break]

then perhaps he would've caught a glimpse of it, too, considering the amount of time he spends at the active volcano.[break][break]

a moment passes before he decides to prod.[break][break]

"why do you want to find it?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 6:49:14 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"why do you want to find it?"
[break][break]
The question drew a chill across her skin.
[break][break]
For the League, she wanted to reply, as confident as she had been when she spoke to and , back on top of that ashy volcano. But the more she thought of the phoenix, the more her heart thrummed.
[break][break]
" but, but i didn't think i was that weak. in there -- in whereever the fuck place that was -- i felt so fucking helpless, man," She could hear herself confess to , back after they barely escaped that damned mirage island.
[break][break]
"that amount of power could tempt anyone," her voice echoed again -- a reminder of her conversation with Councilman . Back then, on what started as a brisk walk, she fully mulled over her position within Hoenn, and how little strength it offered in comparison to his. When they spoke of Legendaries and the powers that differentiated them, even she could admit how alluring it could be for someone, but it wasn't until now, face to face with an anomaly himself, she fully understood what it meant to feel tempted.
[break][break]
From there her mind roamed to , who had easily overwhelmed Penelope upon their first meeting, then who would've tossed her body against the rocky walls of Mt. Pyre, had she given him the chance.
[break][break]
"I'm interested in all of them," She tried casually playing off, "Moltres is just the easiest to get to, so I thought I'd start there."
[break][break]
If the others were already tied to a location, she clearly wasn't aware. But, either way, her words only acted as half-truth shields. If Matias was observant enough, he'd been able to siphon her real intention from the glint in her eyes, which shone brighter than it had before. Like the shell of a Lapras glimmering beneath the sun.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 11:15:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

the glint in her eyes is familiar which is how he knows not to accept her answer as is. instead, he prods further but does so under a deceiving guise.[break][break]

"if you're after the easiest option then i can introduce you to some."[break][break]

the league has plenty.[break][break]

"how does tapu koko sound?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 16:15:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You misunderstand me," she immediately shot back, "the whole purpose of this is to get closer to the legendaries not currently with us. "
[Break][break]
So rocket couldn't get to them. So they'd have another ace in their hole. So there'll be one less anomaly to worry about.
[Break][break]
"So that maybe someone like could be the next avatar. "
[Break][break]
The lie seared her throat raw. But she continued, almost as if she thought it'd help convince herself as well as him, "I don't care who'd get it, as long as we prevent Rocket from reaching them. That's my goal."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 16:34:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

whether what penelope says is true or otherwise matters little as matias had already made up his mind, and as most come to know, stubbornness is one of his defining traits.[break][break]

"do you genuinely not care who would get it?"[break][break]

he grins.[break][break]

"so when we do find moltres, you would be okay if i was chosen?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CHIT CHAT [s]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 17:06:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She couldn't hide the grimace that sprung across her face.
[Break][break]
"Why wouldn't I be okay with that," Penelope swallowed, lips pinned down to a frown. No matter what she said, or how she said it, there was no denying the way the thought twisted her stomach and made her tongue taste bitter.
[Break][break]
Moltres choosing Matias -- why did that thought frustrate her so much?

[break][break]