Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
M.A.G.M.A TRIALS: HATCHING
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 17:21:42 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Today had to be the day.

Barnaby had hatched eggs a time or two before (well, entrusted them to be cared for by qualified daycare personnel, but still) and knew that this one must have been close to hatching by now. So, he entered 's lab with this expectation, his ROTOM-inhabited phone already floating beside him and poised to begin recording footage.

"Ceri," Barnaby greeted, a pearly smile on his lips. "Please tell me it's time."

M.A.G.M.A Research 🝪 Tier #3
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 18:11:50 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

It’s time.
[break][break]
Or, well, it should be time. It’s not like every single egg always hatches exactly on schedule, even if people may often believe as much. Some take less time than average, some take more, and apparently, despite the excessive amounts of Infinity Energy this one had been exposed to, it’s among the latter group.
[break][break]
However… every measurement and every test indicates that it will hatch soon, and just this morning, it had pipped, so of course Ceri had been ecstatic, done a little excited dance, and texted with a plethora of emojis.
[break][break]
”Hell yeah! Come, come! Look!” She grins when he enters the lab, pointing at the egg in its incubator. It still looks just as it always has, except of course for a tiny crack towards the top of its shell – a miniscule hole made by the pokémon inside.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ M.A.G.M.A Research Sector - Tier III - REPRODUCE

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.cgt2] --accent: #8999BD;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 19:16:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Yeah?" The thrum of excitement was evident in his tone as Barnaby approached the incubator. Sure enough, the top of the egg had begun to splinter into thin cracks. A piece of eggshell had even peeled off from the narrowed point at the crest.

He leaned down to inspect it up close, running his eyes over every crack. A moment passed in silence... then another... still nothing happened.

Hm. This was progressing more slowly than he had hoped. So, a suggestion was offered to Ceri:

"Should we hit it with one last blast of Infinity Energy? Egg it on a little?" If Mars were here he'd be so proud of Barnaby's pun usage. Though he usually detested puns, the journalist's hardline stance had started to wane since spending so much time with the ROCKET underboss.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 20:04:50 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

As has been made abundantly clear to them during the past few weeks: eggs take their time to hatch. Incubation periods can vary between species, and this particular little fella (or lady!) had been taking his or her sweet time.
[break][break]
Ceri’s patience is also running thin, but the one difference between her and Barnaby is that she had expected all of this. It’s not the first egg she has taken care of for an experiment, and it sure as hell won't be the last.
[break][break]
”Ugh, what’s with old men and puns.” Ceri teases, dramatically rolling her eyes and then smirking at Bee, yet after entering a few commands into the incubator’s console, she takes a couple of steps back.
[break][break]
”Sure, though. One last blast can’t hurt. Eggcellent idea.”
[break][break]
Saying it like that almost hurts her.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.cgt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cgt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 20:43:01 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Hold up, what did she say?

"Ceri, you know I'm only like six years older than you, right?" Barnaby asked, deadpan.

He knew she was joking, of course, as their relationship had steadily loosened over the last few months. Neither person seemed uptight to begin with anyway, but now Barnaby felt an easy, companionable comfort kidding around with .

That being said, they were still her on ROCKET business, so when she confirmed the last wave of Infinity Energy Barnaby snaked Bijou's Poké Ball from his coat and released her into the testing chamber.

"You know the drill by now, love. This should be the last time."

The NINETALES gave an acknowledging mewl before beginning to cast her SPRINGTIDE STORM.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 21:00:36 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Really?” She looks at him, her russet-coloured eyes narrowing as if she could assess his true age with one good look at him. Ceri knows Bee isn’t much older than her, yeah, but like… twenty eight is almost thirty, and in her opinion, thirty is old as fuck. ”Six years is a lot, Bee. There’s a reason my Tinder profile says I don’t date people over twenty five.”
[break][break]
Probably not the sort of thing that should be discussed at the labs while working, but it’s not like Ceri has ever cared much about professionalism. She can do her job perfectly and have a nice chat while at it! Multitasking!
[break][break]
And yet, when Bijou appears, she’s distracted by the Ninetales’ presence, giving her a small smile while the thought that she definitely hadn’t taken allergy medicine today crosses her mind. Oh well, surely it can’t be that bad, right?
[break][break]
Naturally, there’s a sneeze when the SPRINGTIDE STORM kicks up, causing her to look away from the egg.
[break][break]
Had she looked, she would notice how the crack on its shell grows, starting to spread all over...

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 0:16:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
As Ceri's scathing response registered in his mind, Barnaby's facial expression was blank and unamused. There wasn't even a hint of surprise or shock or disgust evident, just tired apathy. Which didn't exactly help his case about being a jaded old man. Sigh.

"Oh, good. We wouldn't want you to be shackled to a geriatric thirty-year-old." Sarcasm dripped from every syllable.

Was he like this when he was in college?

Thankfully a distraction cropped up so he didn't have to ponder that question for too long. While Ceri didn't notice it immediately, Barnaby saw the cracks along the egg begin to lengthen and deepen.

"Ceri, look! It's showtime!"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 1:03:29 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Exactly! Gross!
[break][break]
Yes, she knows had been sarcastic, and yes, she does feel a little bad for implying that people like him (aka near their 30s) are gross, because she does know a lot of people in his age range and actually likes the grand majority of them. But! Here’s the thing… Ceri may have graduated high school extremely young, she may have a toxicology degree, a job as researcher at a prestigious laboratory, and be in grad school, but she often finds that her mentality and personality still align more with people her age than those much older.
[break][break]
Bee, fun to talk to as he is, often seems very… tired.
[break][break]
Not today, though.
[break][break]
Not as the egg begins to hatch.
[break][break]
He yells for her to look at it, excited, and sure enough, he’s right: light begins to seep through the cracks, and in the incubator, the egg begins to shake violently as if something were about to burst out. The machine responds to this, opening to give the egg the space it might need (after all, some species are really large even immediately after hatching).
[break][break]
She watches, holding her breath, and when the egg finally breaks and the light fades, what comes out is a Gligar. It soars out of its shell, already flying despite having just been born. It’s large for a hatchling. Shockingly so.
[break][break]
”...It just came out of the egg and it’s already flying. Amazing.
[break][break]
Notes are taken, even when there’s clear footage of this moment.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 1:51:17 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Arceus, if Barnaby had been privy to Ceri's train of thought... well, it would have been a further blow to his ego. Luckily the hatching of the egg was a blessed diversion from that topic of conversation.

Unluckily, it was an uggo GLIGAR that came flying out from the egg, sending splintered eggshell across the room. Esprit the ROTOM caught all of this on tape, of course, including Barnaby's unhidden grimace.

"That is unusual, isn't it?" All of the baby Pokémon he'd known had been... well, babies. Infantile. Requiring time to grow into their bodies and abilities. But this gross bug was doing fucking barrel rolls in the damn air. Something wasn't adding up.

"Must be the Infinity Energy's influence, hm?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 2:22:09 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cgt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Forget all thoughts about old men and how is 100% classified as one.
[break][break]
Ceri’s gaze follows the movement of the Gligar, watching it glide through the lab as if it had literally been born knowing how to fly… which it had, as both of them had just witnessed. It’s well-developed, and from what she can tell from a distance, also extraordinarily healthy.
[break][break]
”I think so, yeah. It must have caused it to develop faster during incubation. I’ll need to run some tests on it to be sure, but…Wow.
[break][break]
Honestly, a part of her had been expecting the pokémon to die in the egg from all that excess Infinity Energy, or to be sick or something along those lines. Ceri is no pessimist, but she had been well aware of the possibilities when the experiment had begun.
[break][break]
This, however, exceeds all expectations.
[break][break]
She can’t help but smile.
[break][break]
”Thank you for your help, looks like our little experiment was a success.” Beaming, Ceri looks at Bee. ”I’ll wait ‘til it tires out and run some tests. Send me the footage when you can, yeah?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

NPC

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 19:06:32 GMT
NPC Avatar

M.A.G.M.A.: HATCHING

MOD POST

INDEED, the hatched Gligar is bigger in size. More mature and capable of flight. It is an unnatural sight, but one that is tinted with the slightest hue of concern and curiosity.

How long could the process be drawn out for, and would the Pokemon inside be able to survive? Of course, one may fathom that the Pokemon could indeed, simply, break out of its shell.

Though Infinity Energy is the bioenergy, the biosignature of all things, are there consequences for imparting the well of one into another?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 3:32:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: