Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 15:10:19 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]It would be late-late when Elisa gets the text.

I really hope you’re up hey on a scale of 1-10 hypothetically how prepared are you to preserve a human body?

Then, a few moments later:

well i suppose if you’re not i can have muirne embalm them but that kind of defeats the purpose. To my fbi agent reading this i’m writing a book this is for research.

[attr="class","thadtag"]
[attr="class","thadpoke"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 2:21:43 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]
Elisabeth was awake, as it happened. Like most nights. [break][break]

Sleep was something she avoided for as long as she could, for many reasons, some recently explored in the sleeping laboratories of .[break][break]

People joked of friendships where one friend would kill for another, or bury the body. [break][break]

For Elisabeth, however, loyalties forged in blood were truer than those built on words, or even in the intimacy of bedrooms. A sin shared cemented your ties to another person, in a way that there was no going back from.[break][break]

You were damned together.[break][break]

The text was sent back swiftly: "Tell me where you need me."[break][break]

Her hands had been stained with sins of passion a long time ago. [break][break]

The least she could do was lessen whatever burden 's hands carried now.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 2:41:10 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]
Your place, like, ten minutes?

It was actually twelve minutes and thirty-nine seconds to account for drag time of a laden swallow.

Elisabeth would open the door to find Cyg standing in the cold with her Cofagrigus levitating innocently beside her. She was wearing an oversized coat and a hospital grade face-mask.

“Ho, ho, ho, merrrry christmas!” she breezed in through the door and shut it behind her, throwing all the latches.

“Before you say anything, he was already dead. I’m just borrowing him.” She made a beeline for the basement. “Though if he has any next of kin they're probably gonna miss him 'cause I ain't giving him back. Did you know, at the Sootopolis hospital, you can pretend to be a doctor and they’ll just let you take a body? Is that on us? Because someone should really do something about that.”

She stripped out of her winter coat and tossed it on a chair, revealing a pilfered white doctor’s jacket underneath. One latex glove, a paper-wrapped package of surgical instruments, and string-tied scrub cap fell out of a pocket; Cyg snatched them up and shoved them back in.

“You have a big table downstairs, yeah? Or an unused section of floor?”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 2:53:55 GMT
[nospaces]
This erratic, almost-manic energy radiating from was new. Elisabeth watched as she came in, Cofagrigus behind her with a human body undoubtedly clattering in its heart, and a thousand questions at once came to mind and were dashed aside, like rocks against the shore. [break][break]

Had she killed him? Assuming it was a him. Projection, perhaps, had assumed as much. Not that it mattered. None of it mattered, so long as Cygne was safe, and she was. Everything else they could handle together, whatever it was.[break][break]

Then as 's prattling began to give key details, an image pieced together, like a puzzle snapping into place.[break][break]

"The basement." [break][break]

It was an order, not a suggestion. Elisabeth turned, fully expecting Cygne and the corpse to follow.[break][break]

The white lab coat, the tools, these things the florist all noticed out of her peripheral vision as she led Cygne onward, impressed in a morbid sort of way by how efficiently her friend had assembled all these things, seemingly on her own.[break][break]

Elisabeth liked to believe herself someone who didn't fall for first impressions, who knew better than to underestimate others.[break][break]

In this moment, it occurred to her she had unknowingly underestimated Cygne. Silently, she promised herself to never do so again.[break][break]

The basement door groaned angrily on its hinges, the contraption of locks difficult to unlatch without the master key that once made untangling seamless and easy. Yanking the door back took effort, shuddering back to reveal a revamped interior that was a far cry from the basement that she had showed Cygne so many months ago, back when the Gracideas were in bloom.[break][break]

Fluorescent lights flickered on, a makeshift lab of sterile white glaring back at them as her Ariados scuttled forward in greeting.[break][break]

"There," she said, pointing to a lab table against the wall. "You can dispose of it here."[break][break]

She didn't ask questions. Friends deserved privacy.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:10:29 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]At the bottom of the stairs Cyg paused, turned around, and threw her arms around Elisa’s shoulders, squeezing her tight for a brief second before she stepped back and looked at her like a heartstrung lover.

“I forgot to say I’m so happy you’re alive,” she said, voice choked with emotion. “My dad used to say all he wanted when I was born was a kid with ten fingers, ten toes, and half her smarts. I’m starting to understand how he felt.”

Muirne hovered over to the table and extended her arms, opening her lid to eject the body within. She caught him and laid him almost tenderly on the table, arranging him chest up. He wasn’t warm, but he wasn’t pale, either.

Cyg cleared her throat and adjusted one of the nearby lamps. “He’s a John Doe because I needed someone no one would miss yet. Sucking chest wound-- gunshot to the ventral thorax. Messy and slow to die. Y’know,” she popped one hand on her hip and twirled the mask she’d stripped off her face on one finger, “I never understood guns. We literally have pet dragons that will happily kill and eat anyone we want and people still choose to use guns. How boring.”

She pulled out her phone and tapped on it a bit before setting it sideways on its popsocket. It was a YouTube video from Slateport U’s Advanced Opthalmic Surgery unit entitled INTERNAL STRUCTURES OF THE EYE.

“I suppose I could’ve just taken his head but this is… well, if not less messy, then at least more self-contained.” Splitting the pack of instruments she found a scalpel and surgical blade. “You don’t have to stay for this. Sorry if I woke you. And for… imposing. I’d have done it in my garage but this is decidedly less rented space.”

She split the blade packing open and fit it into the scalpel.

“Isaac lost an eye. At Mt. Pyre.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:24:55 GMT
[nospaces]
“I forgot to say I’m so happy you’re alive.” [break][break]

The unexpected embrace caught Elisabeth unawares, stiffening slightly as she turned to Cygne in frank, utter surprise. The choked emotion that accompanied the words left her speechless, and after attempting to find words that did not come, she cleared her throat, realizing that she didn't mind this unexpected physical proximity.[break][break]

Had she changed? Was she beginning to thaw, season by season, into someone capable of accepting sincere friendship?[break][break]

"I told you that I'd survive," she said, her soft rebuke teasing, but inherently sincere as she squeezed her hand back. "I wouldn't break that promise."[break][break]

She'd stabbed as proof of it.[break][break]

The cadaver splayed out in front of them, and Elisabeth didn't flinch at the grisly sight. The sight of a dead body had stopped meaning something to her some time ago. Fear was to be directed at the living, and the ghosts that the dead left behind in the shadows of the mind.[break][break]

She listened as Cygne continued in a monologue that seemed to want for no interruption, and Elisabeth understood it for what it was: the chaotic unspooling of thoughts so loud, and so desperate, they couldn't stay locked in the mind without driving its inhabitant insane with them.[break][break]

"I'll stay." The resolve was firm, unyielding, and brooking no argument. "This place is yours as much as mine. I hope I've made that much clear to you, at least."[break][break]

She'd had no one at her side when she crossed the line into depravity.[break][break]

Part of her wondered how much it would have mattered, if she had. [break][break]

"I saw." A pause. "I encountered in the infirmary. He had the audacity to be worried about me, instead of himself."[break][break]

A scalpel gleamed in the light, followed by the muted glow of Cygne's mobile phone. Elisabeth stared at her friend for a moment, looking for the right thing to say.[break][break]

"Is that why you're here?" she asked gently.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 13:55:34 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]She slumps a little, elbows on the table. “Kind of.” Wiggles the scalpel between her fingers a bit. "I just felt so goddamn useless sitting in that stupid hospital room. I could’ve just started with a model of the eye but it was either this or find the first League simp and stab them.

Closed captioning is toggled on and the video put on a soft volume. Dr. Ansa Sharmareddy introduces herself.

“I asked him to come stay with me-- at least until he got a handle on his depth perception. He said no.” The handle end of the scalpel dings off the table, loud as a funeral bell.

Dr. Sharmareddy thanks Slateport General for gracious donation of a cadaver for medical research.

“I offered to find a bigger place and his argument was I already live in a paradise. Like a grade A baby-back bitch, hiding in my summer palace.” She kicks the video to fullscreen. “That's definitely not how he meant it. But. I don’t know, maybe it’s the poverty in me but it’s just a place. I can find a different one. Even a better one.”

She forces a measured exhale, white-knuckling the scalpel, then jumps a bit.

“Oh, shit, bud,” she pauses the video and sets the blade down, rooting in her surgical pack. “I gotta sew your eyelids open. My bad.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 5:28:29 GMT
[nospaces]

The soft, but firm voice of Dr. Ansa Sharmareddy underscored 's explanation as the scalpel was set aside, hands reaching restlessly in her surgical pack from something unseen. [break][break]

"He's trying to protect you, I think." Men always wanted to protect women like them. "But you aren't some child in need of protecting."[break][break]

A fallacy Elisabeth wouldn't fall for again.[break][break]

The florist stepped closer to the table, wordlessly donning latex gloves of her own as she approached the body. A hand alighted on the man's chest, holding him in place to steady him for Cygne's work. Her gaze met that of her friend and companion, willing to do as directed by both her and the woman on her mobile phone.[break][break]

It should have felt more disturbing than it did, this whole event. The thieving of an eye from a dead man.[break][break]

In some ways, though, it felt like the most natural thing in the world.[break][break]

"He needs you." He needed this -- the sheer depths that Cygne was willing to go to for him. It spoke volumes of Cyg's faith in . That was rarer than anything in the world. "If he's smart, he'll stop fighting it sooner rather than later."[break][break]

Careless words from a woman who struggled to admit she needed anyone.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 17:09:17 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
Gentle TW for eyes/mild eye trauma I won't get nasty with it but prommy

At that, Cyg laughed. God, she hated that. Elisa was so damn right-- she didn’t need protecting. She was supposed to be the protector.

She draws out a line of suture and one of those little hooks attached to the suture to, you know, do the suturing. Very gently, so as not to damage the eye, she pins the lid to the skin atop John Doe’s frontal bone and pulls it taut, adding another loop for good measure. Once it was snug, she tied it in a knot-- a big, gangly one that any surgeon would weep to see, but it would get the job done.

“Heh, you think?” she repeated the motions with the lower lid and pressed play again. “I don’t know. I can be a lot. Is it me, am I the drama?" She picked up her scalpel again. "I think he’s still stuck in his fucking lone ranger phase. Like a kid whose grandparents don’t have cable.” She’d been that kid. “I don’t know if he’ll ever grow out of it. I don’t know if I should want him to grow out of it. Like, is that asking too much? I'm not expecting, like, postcard domestic bliss. Just a vague awareness that he's not getting his eyes gouged out on a regular basis, would be fucking grand.”

The eye is one of the only organs that can be studied without performing internal dissection, the video says.

“Well, that’s no fun.”

The white part of the eye is called the sclera. It is continuous with the cornea and is made up of collagen and elastic fibers.

“You know what else I don’t get?” Cyg said, not taking her eyes off the video. “His fucking relationship with Zev.”

The part of the eye with the actual eyecolor pigments, the iris, consists of an inner stroma and an outer layer of pigmented epithelial cells.

“I’ve started calling him Zevran in my head because I needed a full name to mentally demean him by. But. I hate that guy.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 2:39:02 GMT
[nospaces]

Soft CW: Eye Gore/Trauma.
[break][break]

"I don't think you're dramatic," Elisabeth said completely without irony as the woman in front of her performed an unlicensed medical procedure on a stolen cadaver. The glint of metal flashed through the air as Cygne began her work with the hooks, the soft squelch of relenting skin filling the brief moments of silence.[break][break]

"It's been my experience that the people you want to change rarely do."[break][break]

The cynicism of her thought occurred to her moments later, and she blinked, uncertain if this was the wrong tact to take with a friend -- with someone who was currently so deep into their relationship they were literally taking apart a human corpse.[break][break]

"That being said," she continued, remaining honest despite her tacit desire to be positive, "people can and do change. Often dramatically."[break][break]

She had, at least. And so had , she suspected.[break][break]

It wasn't as if someone woke up one day doing the activity they were performing together now.[break][break]

"Someone like will not change, though." These words came out with an emphatic decisiveness, the temperature around Elisabeth plummeting with the iciness of her own observation. "Men who thrive on control will always do what they can to maintain whatever control they currently possess."[break][break]

The scalpel returned to 's hand, and Elisabeth paused for a moment. When she spoke next, it was a tad softer, advice hard-won with years of unfortunate experience:[break][break]

"And those who are most susceptible to that control are often those least likely to realize their own predicament."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 14:48:15 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]

“Guh, you’re right. It’s pants.” She watched the camera slowly pan and then split screen, to a top down view and a side view, as the good doctor began to explain her process for removing the eye from the socket.

“That’s slang for it’s shit, bee tee dubs.”

A gentle incision was made to sever the upper eye muscles, and then the lower ones. The sphere was lifted and the optic nerve revealed. Cyg copied the actions and gently placed the object on the swell of John Doe’s cheek.

“So there’s the tricky part. We can replace the eyeball with something surgical grade and we can even stitch the muscles back to it so it moves. The problem is the nerve. The feedback, right? Making the eyeball see again.”

She spun the scalpel like a pencil, sucking on her lower lip and thinking.

“I don’t get the fucking hero worship. I don’t get what everyone sees in him. He’s just another boring dude who kills people for money, I don’t know. He’s literally every fucking movie villain come to life. I don’t get it.”

She was a broken record. With an angry tsk she severed the optic nerve and set about gently taking the eye apart, layer by layer. Like an engine. The best way for her to learn to put it back together was to take it apart.

“But-- this may come as a shock to you--,” there was humor in her voice, a wry sort of sarcasm that etched her smile up on one side, “I don’t think I’m normal. I think maybe I’ve never been. I don’t have the same sort of… reverence for human life? saw a bunch of people get gunned down by Zev in front of him and it really affected him. Me? I don’t give a shit.”

She paused in her ministrations, tapping the handle of the scalpel against her cheek.

“So human eyesight is pretty limited as it is and the brain fills in a lot of information for us. I’m hoping to use that to my advantage… you know they have done bionic eye implants capable of vision. It can be done. Not total vision, but. Though I’m not sure I want to go poking around in Isaac’s brain.”

That and she didn’t think she could get him to wear the big nerdy glasses it required.

“What I’m hoping is I can use something to reconnect the optic nerve to an artificial eye that functions as normal. And I’m thinking a Pokemon move can fill in the gaps… maybe.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 23:11:10 GMT
[nospaces]

[break][break]

Elisabeth watched the process with morbid fascination, unperturbed by the way that peeled apart the eye as if it were nothing but layers of white, slick petals.[break][break]

Though Cyg kept saying 'we,' Elisabeth was more than aware of her own passivity in the process; when the body jerked with unexpected inertia, she held it down, assuring that Cygne's hands wouldn't be jostled with the motion.[break][break]

"I cannot say I share anyone's fascination for ." Thinking of the man was something she attempted not to do for too long, in a general sense. "Although I do understand it, to a degree. I think people are enamored by displays of power, and envy those who have capabilities they know they will forever lack."[break][break]

Part of her did envy Zev his monstrosity -- his ability to push aside weakness, vulnerability, and empathy. Had she shared this trait, her own life might have turned out differently.[break][break]

"I don't think I'm normal," Cygne said suddenly, and for some reason, this did surprise Elisabeth. Significantly. In several ways, she held Cygne as the benchmark of what a well-adjusted member of Hoenn might be like.[break][break]

It was an unrealistic expectation, but one that she had accidentally cultivated building something of a 'normal' life alongside her in Petalburg. Moments with Cygne had made her feel normal. Like a regular person.[break][break]

Maybe that in itself was a revealing thing. That Elisabeth found those who were 'not normal' reassuring and reaffirming company.[break][break]

"I wish my studies in biology extended to human anatomy," she said, feeling somewhat at a loss on how to respond to her friend's digression. "If you need anything to preserve the eye, I'm sure there is something we can find." It frustrated her, that she was more comfortable with botany and plants than optometry.[break][break]

Plants, after all, didn't have eyes.[break][break]

"I'll admit I'm curious. Which Pokémon do you have in mind?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 23:01:37 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]

Cyg got all the way through the eyeball to the point where the aqueous humor had slipped through her slices and was leaking onto the table. The eye itself had deflated and looked like a sad, forgotten party balloon.

“Whatever. If he wants to go off and be emo all by his damn self or with Zev or even with , let him. Fuck it. God forbid I see his sensitive side, or whatever the shit is that he's worried about. I have work to do.”

Her manic energy was depleted and placed with something… less fiery, more sad. She couldn’t quite name it, but she could definitely name its absence.

“So dumb,” she said, a bit distant, a bit dreamy, one end of her scalpel still tugging at the lining of the eye. “Zev kills someone and it’s ‘ooh, Mister Zev, paint me like one of your Kalosian girls.’ I pluck someone’s eyeballs out and he goes pale and clams up.”

She’s talking about , if that wasn’t obvious.

Pushing the discarded eye to the side, she switched to the other one, humming a thoughtful note.

“Yeah, maybe I should save this one… for research purposes.” The trick, she figured, wasn’t going to be rebuilding an eye-- she could do that with a lens and some motors. The hard part was going to be making something that could interface with the human brain. The optic nerve was the crux of the issue.

“I don’t know yet. I think I’ll try healing moves, first. See if the nerve can be ‘healed’ to a replacement object-- the fake eye-- and then have it process like normal. There has to be something we can do. I mean, Muirne is a reanimated box, for Arceus’ sake.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 6:46:01 GMT
[nospaces]

[break][break]

Idle hands continued to press down on a man's lifeless body, seeking something to do for lack of instruction.[break][break]

Her job in this matter, seemingly, was to keep Cygne sane.[break][break]

"You and I share a similar trait, I think." An attempt at wry humour sought to lower the tension. "We tend to find ourselves with stubborn, willful men."[break][break]

The way that Cygne's face dropped, however, and her expression turned sorrowful stirred Elisabeth to attempt something more genuine.[break][break]

"I think sometimes people put those they love on a pedestal. They project an ideal image of who that person is, and then are shocked one day to learn the illusion isn't quite a perfect match for reality." She pursed her lips, clicking her tongue. "I don't think what you are doing horrifies him. It is the fact he would rather you not be someone who has to do anything horrifying at all."[break][break]

A shrug of her shoulders threw off the burden of that observation.[break][break]

"It's an empty wish, on his part. You are already in Rocket. You are bound to do things that the average person would find horrific and shocking. It is the nature of the organisation we are a part of, and you are a member of it as much as I, , or even ."[break][break]

She was reminded, for a moment, of how attempted to urge her to leave her position as admin. How he had fervently attempted to get her to resign. There was an echo of that, in this, though of a different nature.[break][break]

To her proposal, she mused: "That sounds daring, but promising." Truthfully, Elisabeth had no idea. The scalpel was already making light work of the eyeball, though, and they were too far gone to bring skepticism into the equation. "Has Isaac agreed to this procedure?"[break][break]

The agitated nature of Cygne's behavior suggested the answer was 'no.'

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
abra cadaver [s, c]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 18:10:59 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]

The attempt at humor is appreciated because Cyg does laugh. Though she’s not every really thought of Isaac as being stubborn or willful. She’s also, by the same token, never thought of him as being pliant and easily led. She’s never really thought about it at all, in any aspect of vaguely negative feelings.

Hath the honeymoon phase finally ended?

Cyg let her hands drop to the table and roll open, palms up, in exasperation that struck her as suddenly as a bolt of lightning.

“That’s exactly what I’m trying to do for him!” she said, sounding for all the world like a teenager being reprimanded. A beat later and she clapped her hands to her face, narrowly missing slicing herself with the scalpel. “God, listen to me, Elisabeth, he’s turned me into a sitcom actor. Call up Modern PokeFamily, I’ve got their new story arc right here.”

After that outburst, she realizes she’s eating up more of Elisa’s precious time with her bullshit emotions, so she goes about quickly excising John Doe’s other eye, with wide margins, and makes sure to take most of the bundle of optic nerves with her when she cuts.

“I haven’t talked to him about it yet. For a number of reasons.” Namely, because she couldn’t decide whether to be hurt or angry about his refusal to Let Her Take Care Of Him, but in the same vein, couldn’t truly bring herself to be mad at him about it. “I don’t even know if he’d… want it. Which is fine. In the end if I can figure it out it’s something that’ll be good for other people, right?”

She stands up and sets about looking for a jar to put the eye and its attached nerves in and wondering if Elisa kept formaldehyde just, around.

“You can box him up, Muirne. I’ll find a nice dark corner of the woods and let Sima eat him.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]