part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
tell me, friend or foe [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 15:18:25 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","lyrics"] who is in your heart now?
[attr="class","littlejay"]

after a fellow vendor captures his attention, taking up his time for at least an hour, he finally manages to slip out of sight towards the food booth. he bothers himself with a few treats to calm his nerves — funny how dancing and being in public spaces caused him anxiety, but murdering a man in cold blood barely caused him to blink an eye — before joining the dance floor.

[break][break] it's only half-way through his search for , that he steps into sight of someone else. they are not anyone of note - not anyone that he knows — yet there is something that tugs at him, reminding of a familiarity that he can't escape from.

[break][break] re-adjusting his chandelure mask, jayden slides forward. he taps the shoulder of the other, lips pressed together for a moment, before he tilts his head.

[break][break] "mind if i bother you for a dance?"

[break][break] it is the theme of the evening, after all.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;} .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(90%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop .lyrics { font:bold 12px 'Quicksand'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:2px; padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px; transition:0.2s all; } .jaytop img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Playfair+Display|Quicksand]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 22:45:33 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Ashley isn't suited for parties like this. Honestly, he would be just fine staying at home and watching some schlocky show on a streaming service with his partner. Still, there is merit to being here, even with his right arm in a sling.

For instance, seeing people and playing the guessing game, which he was just flat out awful at. He sighs, unable to piece faces to names. Not a single one. He felt so naked comparatively. Anyone could put his arm in a sling and piece it all together.

When he's tapped, his long-nosed mask swings to the side, the white-suit and black hair a contrast as he sees the Chandelure mask. Familiar. However, he is unable to piece whomst. And thus, as he gives a nod, he smiles.

"Sure thing." He'd move towards the dancefloor, knowing he had one arm, and only one to help. But Ashley had some level of understanding of dance.

At least he didn't have two left feet.

"What brings you here, tonight?"

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 7:09:37 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"work," he says easily, as he slides his hand along the other and leads them across the ballroom floor. "but also providing support for those in need."

[break][break] though he may not look it, jayden is surprisingly elegant as he leads the other across the dance floor. sure, he was raised in rocket and with it, taught the cruelty one must have, but he was also raised in his parents' devotion. cäcilia cross in particular was raised with a silver spoon in her mouth. elegance, honor and charm were creeds of her house — how to handle yourself on the dance floor was just one of many things she taught her sons.

[break][break] it is hard when his dance partner only has one arm, but manageable.

[break][break] "you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;} .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(90%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop .lyrics { font:bold 12px 'Quicksand'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:2px; padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px; transition:0.2s all; } .jaytop img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 4:55:19 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The other seems to understand a level of dance, kind of like Kep does. Ashley can hardly move properly, but this guy is dancing like its ingrained in his blood. It's a nice change.

Ash swears, he knows who he is, but he can't piece it together.

Oh well. They knew how to carry themselves on the floor, and it was just a friendly dance. Though they seemed to be here for work.

"Well, can't really work like I am. Painkillers, et cetera. So, here with my date." He gives a relaxing smile, trying to make sure he doesn't step on the mysterious stranger's feet. It's definitely with the grace of a kitten with mittens on their feet, but they at least manage to do it harmlessly.

Even though he literally just had champagne ten minutes ago.

"What about you? Any special dances you're saving for later on?"

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 4:02:36 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

the fact that the other has a date doesn't seem to deter jayden; after all, it was just statistically possible that most people would have come with others. he, after all, had come with .

[break][break] doing his best to make up for the other's injured arm and clumsy steps, jayden slows the dance to a more manageable speed.

[break][break] his head tilts.

[break][break] "my date, for one," he says, glancing back out at the crowd in an attempt to see a glimpse. was dancing with ? "but otherwise, no. you?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 0:12:03 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
With a small hiccup, Ashley at least enjoys his dance partner taking lead, each step moving about the ballroom floor. His little movements he learned from mere few minutes before made this easier, but he was no saint. Clumsy still, and with his movements all over the place, it takes concentration to keep those feet from moving too far one way or the other.

Seeing that he mentions his own date, Ashley cranes his head to the distance to attempt to see whom the stranger referred. "Promise I won't take too much of your time then." He doesn't know who, how could he tell with so many people dancing masked? Oh well!

Back towards this masked stranger, he shrugs. "Already danced with my date. So I'm free for a good bit. Figured while we split up and search for clues, we can mingle and dance."

He hiccups again. That was weird, he didn't usually get hiccups. Maybe he should have laid off the champagne?

"You seem well-versed in dance. You a pro?"

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 1:24:34 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

his head tilts.

[break][break] "look for clues? is there something you're looking for?"

[break][break] his chandelure mask gleams underneath the light of the room, a glare of luminous violet, as he steps with the other across the ballroom tiles. the speed is slow and easy, making way for smooth conversation.

[break][break] jayden notices the hiccups from the other, but doesn't remark upon it. after all, that would be rude, and if there was anything father had taught him during these types of festivities, it was the importance of quiet.

[break][break] "pro?" he blinks, and then shakes his head. "i don't think so. but i've been to parties like this before, as a child. my dad was a business man."

[break][break] he smiles, easy.

[break][break] "it's not that bad once you get into a rhythm."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 2:28:58 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
"It's a turn of phrase. Don't worry about it." Well, he wasn't the brightest, but his dance partner at least was a delight to converse with! Let alone, the slowness. It may it easy to at least enjoy, settle with each sway and step.

In another life, he would be swayed by the suave and care put into every beck and sway. Friendly as it is, he just finds himself enjoying it.

After dismissing the pro comment and noting of his life beforehand to a degree, an easy smile has Ashley smile in turn. "Ah, I see. That's what I've been told tonight." He makes a toothy grin, many, many years ago. "Good to see you smiling. Was starting to worry."

Each step of this waltz was starting to blur together. Ashley pipes up. "We can go faster. Think I can keep up with you."

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 5:45:35 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

like a scorupi, something scratches at the back of his brain, like a memory threatening to re-surface.

[break][break] they're caught in the back and sway of the dance, the comforting lull and rise of an orchestra in the background.

[break][break] "good to see you smiling. was starting to worry."

[break][break] the memory of an ashy-haired boy as they ran through the streets of kanto, keeling over, lips stretched into a wide grin.

[break][break] the flash of a smile draws a pause, like a brief stuttering heartbeat, but it passes in a near-second. it's like that memory is clawing to the forefront of his thoughts, as if that dimpled smile has more meaning than the allure of a simple stranger.

[break][break] "okay."

[break][break] with that, jayden pulls back and quickens his pace. his fingertips intertwine with the others hand as he clasps them more steadily, palms flush against each other, one hand dipped into the curve of their waist. they keep up with the others on the dance floor now, likely drawing the attention of a few around them with the sudden shift.

[break][break] "is there a reason for your bird-mask?" he asks. "or was it just —"

[break][break] "— spur of the moment?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 10:05:14 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It's as if a Krabby is crawling around his brain, foaming at the mouth, and attempting to punch his brain with a crabhammer into a memory. It's his flash of a smile that has the stranger before him pause, and Ashley's silvers blink.

When the pace quickens, and attention begotten, Ash begins to move faster. It's sloppy, it's not easy, and dammit if it isn't a little harder to move. He can feel that alcohol getting to him, because for a moment, he swears he knows the guy dancing with him.

The question is formed, and Ashley laughs. "Goes well with the white. And it's a masquerade. Helps hide my identity, not that my sling won't give it away." He's still grinning, somehow able to keep up.

If he didn't have two left feet before, alcohol levels, heartbeats, and quickened movements definitely contradict that.

"Your mask? What's the story?"

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 17:02:18 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

the genuine grin on 's face makes something stir in his chest, awakened and fluttering like a baby bird. it's not the fuzzy way he feels when looks at him, or the quiet comfort when grins and cajoles him into watching a midnight movie.

[break][break] it's a feeling that churns in his chest, mixed with confusion and alarm and — relief.

[break][break] his head has not caught up with the understanding yet, but his heart certainly has.

[break][break] "i like ghost types," he answers. "i've always liked them. i grew up in galar by the glimwood tangle." his steps slow as they mimic around the other's clumsy steps, his movements meticulous and deft in their approach. he raises his arm, clasping them. "they make me feel at home."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 9:08:10 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The realization hits Ashley like a ton of fucking bricks, and he stops, backing off, a hateful glare from him once the stranger's story was done. And it all comes back to him. The Lighthouse, Kanto. Those tender years in Rocket. And with it, he backs away. It was Jayden.

"Why was I so stupid? Stop trying to get close to me."

He turns on a dime, and with it, any remote tender moment the two had, it's gone. He's not even caring anymore, Ashley is gone, walking the hell away.

He's gonna go look for . Wherever he is.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 1:42:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: