6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 17:52:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking," a young man's voice echoed over the PA system of the Eon Airlines jet. "We will be arriving at Goldenrod International Airport shortly. Please fasten your seat belts, stow your tray tables, and ensure your seats are in the upright positions. Flight attendants, please prepare for landing."

Josh breathed a sigh of relief, seated in the same row as Hoenn's newest Gym Leader, . "Did I tell you I was originally supposed to be in Hoenn for just two weeks? It's gonna suck breaking the news to my family that I'm going to be moving to Hoenn permanently. It will be nice to see them again after all this time, now that the Meteno crisis is over." He watched the blue-winged aircraft descend through the clouds, the skyscrapers of downtown Goldenrod City coming into view. It was a landscape he had not seen in months.

ooc note: This is open to ONE MORE PERSON that Josh already knows!

M: VACATION TIME

{WC: 153}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Saber          Manectric       Good
Pazuzu         Pidgeot         Good
Resheph        Dragonair       Good
Nitro          Gogoat          Good
Twilight       Absol           Good
Bladestorm     Skarmory        Good
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 13:15:32 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

"nope! wow, i never knew."[break][break]

cian still isn't close enough to josh ask what he really wants to ask which is why would you want to move to hoenn? when the region is full of trouble. that's not to say there isn't any good in the region, it's just that sometimes it feels as though the bad outweighs everything else.[break][break]

"i visited goldenrod once, i think? came here for a tournament when i was in high school."[break][break]

back when times were simpler and all he had to focus on was running.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Pokemon Ranger
cadet
6"00 height
6"00 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 12:41:46 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Flying first class was not bad but still, he prefers to use Roc Royal. But he can't use him all the time. Ghost was sitting in the back row sleeping. He tends to sleep when he travels as it helps passes the time and all that. It had been a while since he returned to his home city and he was truly happy to be doing such a thing. Ghost has had quite a month. 
But truly he wanted a little downtime before he started his next chase and all that. 

Soon enough the plane was airborne and was off to his home city. Nothing like returning home after being away for so long. However, Ghost would open his eyes. As he heard a voice right after the captain's voice and it sounded familiar. "Could it be that Josh is here? Naw I would have seen him board the plane." *He would then yawn* Just my imagination running away with me.

OOC:Ghost is Geelong tired and sleepy 

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 16:06:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The skyline of downtown Goldenrod was something Josh never thought he would see again after being locked behind the invisible dome that had kept Hoenn isolated from the rest of the world since early July. It never looked more beautiful than it did today. The weather couldn't have been any better. "It's only gotten bigger since my own high school days," the Mauville Leader related as Johto's largest park came into view while the aircraft was lining up for its final approach into the Johtonian airport. "And there's Goldenrod Gym," he pointed outside the window. "Many, many League challenges end there. I wonder who the Leader is now?" The rest of the landing was buttery smooth, though Josh got quite the chill as he led Cian, and unbeknownst to him at the time, Ghost, in deplaning.

Johtonian winters were harsh, after all. Perhaps he didn't pick the greatest time to return home, especially with friends used to tropical weather. "You did remember to bring a coat, right? We do get snow in the winter." As the three were waiting to pick up their baggage, Josh sighted a familiar face. "Ghost, is that you?" he asked, his head tilting in the budding Ranger's direction. "Didn't expect to run into you out here! I'm sure family won't mind seeing another friendly face!"

The wait was a bit longer than he would have liked, but not unexpected, given the number of people looking to leave Hoenn after the Meteno crisis. "My parents' apartment isn't too far from the airport. It shouldn't take us long to get there by flying Pokémon. They are a bit older, and my dad is a bit of a chatterbox. Just a heads up."

{WC: 286}
{PC: 2}

Bladestorm     Skarmory        Good
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 14:57:20 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh hell yeah. all coated up."[break][break]

he's even got a scarf on because he's not really used to the cold, being from hoenn, a typically warm region all year round.[break][break]

smiling at , he offers a small wave as they wait for their bags.[break][break]

"hey, man. i'm cian! nice to meet 'cha."[break][break]

at josh's warning, he simply shrugs a shoulder.[break][break]

"oh no worries. i can chat all day too."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .selfinsert blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Pokemon Ranger
cadet
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 5:59:11 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Ghost was all smiles as he made it back to his home city. Nothing beats GoldenRod plus it was snowing out and the snowflakes looked yummy. He was still in shocked that he saw Josh here and better yet his grandmother lived out here. That was odd in itself. But to each their own. As he looked on and got off the plane. He would say to Josh. "So you're on a vacation and all that. That's odd seeing as you a gym leader a Pokemon chaser and racer at that. I wonder where do you fit all that time in to even do all that?" 
Ghost would start to laugh as he said that and would look at the duo and then over to the other person that was with them. 

"Hey nice to meet you I am Ghost FireHeart a Pokemon Chaser and Ranger. If you ever see Zapdos or any rumors on it please let me know."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 10:43:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a good thing that it only just started snowing; otherwise, their landing almost certainly would have been delayed! As the trio's baggage came onto the conveyor, Ghost had expressed curiosity in Josh's time management skills, what with juggling his chase of Raikou, his Gym, and professional racing. "That's...not quite true, Ghost," the Leader admitted. "With my Gym taking up a lot of my time, I had to give up semi-pro racing as a career. I still enter races on occasion, but I don't grind the circuit anymore." He laughed for a moment. "Gyms aren't just run by the Leader. The Mauville Racing Grounds employs almost thirty people now, you know! Besides, I'm sure Shawn, Ace, Aravan and the others are handling my challenges just fine. They'll have to for the next week or two. Depends on how much time I need to spend here."

At least Cian was dressed for the occasion. Smart man, he was. After all, he, too, was a Gym Leader. "I've got three flying Pokémon we can use to get to my folks' apartment. It's not that far." Once they had left the airport, Josh would send out his Dragonair for himself, his Skarmory for Ghost, and his Pidgeot for Cian, unless they had their own Pokémon to carry them to their destination. Regardless of the travel arrangements, Josh would lead the way to his family's large, two-level apartment. It was immediately obvious that this was in a lower-upper-class neighborhood; the family had to be millionaires, but weren't ultra-wealthy like the Silphs were.

Once the trio were on the ground, Josh rang the doorbell to his parents' pad. His mother was fairly quick to answer, reaching out with open arms. "Josh! You're okay!" The Gym Leader, likewise, opened his arms to return the hug.

"I'm glad to be able to see you in person, finally," the Hoenn Gym Leader answered. "These two are Ghost and Cian. They're friends I made while we were locked away in Hoenn. Cian here is a Gym Leader."

"Cian, Ghost, nice meeting you," the older, retired woman offered a handshake. "I baked home-made pizza, but it looks like I'll have to bake more! Come on in. I'm sure my son wants to show you around!"

{WC: 379}
{PC: 3}

Bladestorm     Skarmory        Good
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 16:38:58 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

two rangers and a gym leader fly into johto. what could go wrong?[break][break]

"zapdos, huh? i'll keep my eyes and ears out."[break][break]

accepting 's offered pidgeot, cian mounts the bird and hangs on tight for their short flight over to the house. he slides off after landing, fixing the crinkling in his clothing briefly.[break][break]

the sight before him is bittersweet. he's happy for josh to have been able to see his family again. to share embraces. it reminds him of simpler times.[break][break]

how he longs for it.[break][break]

"uh yes please to the pizza! they sound like a delight."

close tab

played by

ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Pokemon Ranger
cadet
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 22:01:32 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Ghost too had business he had to take care of in his home city. He did not want to waste time. But he had to waste time because that little event would be at night. As Ghost grabbed his bag he would put it on his back. As he looked up at the snowy weather he would then say. "Oh yeah, it is that time of year. Boy oh, boy did that come by again so fast." Soon he would see the steel and flying type again. 
"Hey, buddy it's been so long since we last worked together or I even saw you."

Soon he would hop on his back as the trio took flight. As Josh explained to him how his busy days go by. All Ghost could do is smile at that. "Yeah seems like a lot but it's good to have people help take that load off." Just then the three would make it to his folk's house. As he looked on he would see Josh's mother and tilted his hat in a hello nice to meet you sort of way. "Pizza that's homemade anything homemade sure will hit the spot. 

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 17:00:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The pies she had ready were small, but she seemed willing to make more. "It's healthier than frozen pizza or anything you would get from a pizzeria. I miss Marie's Pizza. We used to order from them almost on a weekly basis, but they had a kitchen fire earlier this year and never recovered from it." It was the worst way for any local restaurant to go. "I forgot to say. I'm Jamie. Lived in Goldenrod since before Joshie here was even thought of. It'll be a while; I'll holler when it's ready."

"Where's Jimbo at? I haven't even seen him at all."

"He's... in the hospital. And he's not doing well. Remember when I got really sick last month?"

"Don't tell me...?"

"We had dodged it for so long, too. I got it around two or three weeks ago but wound up fine. Then he got it about a week and a half ago. It pisses me off I can't even see him."

The news was devastating. Josh looked like he was going to break down in tears at any moment. Hoenn had toughened him up, but nothing could toughen him up enough to prepare for the possible loss of one of his parents. From what she described, the sickness Jimbo had was so contagious that he wouldn't be able to visit him. "Can you set up a video conference sometime while we're here? I want to talk to him if he can talk."

"I'll do what I can. Now you move him to the back of your mind and have fun, okay?"

There was no response. He simply walked off and led the way to the upper level of the upper-class apartment. It was almost like a middle class private home. "Sorry the two of you had to hear that. I wanted to catch up with them, but their plates are clearly full as is. Anyway, I'll show you around." The Mauville Leader began leading the way upstairs.

{WC: 330}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 15:57:19 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

their trip falls into a brief lull by the devastating news. as someone who has lost a parent, cian could relate, but it feels awkward to interject so he simply waits for now.[break][break]

only when they're being led upstairs does he finally speak again.[break][break]

"no worries, man. if you need to talk about it i'm here."

close tab

played by

ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Pokemon Ranger
cadet
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 1:25:27 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
As they made it to Josh Folks's house. It seems nice and cozy. Ghost never really had a house he could call home. As he was always on the go. But when he thought about it he did have one. It was just a bit different than what a normal house was. Ghost looked on and then he would see who he believes to be Josh's mother as she explain the deal with the pizza. Either way, he was going to eat them all up and whatnot. 
NNextthing next he would hear Josh and his mother's conversation about his father. 

That was sad as losing anyone you are close to usually is. But that was not going to be the case. Before if the old man was anything like Josh he would be back on his feet and no time. As the trio was heading upstairs Ghost would say after Cian had spoken. " Yeah dude no worries everything will be alright."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 14:30:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh led the Gym Leader and Chaser upstairs to the apartment's second level. Having this much space to himself had to have been lavish for someone his age prior to the Hoenn move, especially as a teenager. His retro game enthusiasm showed, a tube TV connected to three consoles that were older than he was. He had a home Step Step Revolution setup, too. It was no arcade setup, but it was quite convenient to be able to play without making a trip clear across Goldenrod. If either of them were video game enthusiasts, they would have noticed primarily Eastern RPGs, platformers, puzzle games, and racing games on the bookcase to the side of the entertainment center.

Neatly arranged on dressers and shelves was a staggering amount of merchandise depicting the Johto Beasts: Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. With sightings of the legendary Pokémon during the Kanto War, some of them looked quite close to the real thing. There was one missing spot, though, and that was for a fairly large Raikou plush that he had taken with him to his Mauville residence when he moved to Hoenn. It meant a lot to him. "This was where I spent much of my life until I moved to Hoenn. Life sure was a lot simpler back then."

Cian's words were comforting. Both of theirs, really. "I'm not so sure. Remember a couple years ago when the sports world kinda stopped because of a health crisis that could have turned global? Well, my dad got it. You know, that virus. He's also 62, and for people who get sick enough to be hospitalized with it, it's a huge roll of the dice whether they'll come out alive. Of course I have my fingers crossed. I'm just worried."

The two guests would have some time to game with Josh, if they wanted, before his mother shouted that the pizzas were ready. "On our way!"

{WC: 321}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 9:43:05 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the clear absence of the raikou plushie is noted, though he does not comment on it, assuming josh had just brought his favorite one with him over to hoenn.[break][break]

"it's natural to be worried. i'm crossing my fingers too, man, but i'm sure everything will be fine."[break][break]

not the best at reassuring, he does try his hardest.[break][break]

with the pizzas being ready, he nods, then gestures out the door.[break][break]

"pizza time."

close tab

played by

ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Pokemon Ranger
cadet
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
Homecoming [M][O/Cian]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 21:52:33 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
"I'm not ready one for the sad emotions so I decided to stick with happy ones. But Josh as I said don't worry everything would be alright." A few moments later he would look around and see the nice setup. "Not bad not bad at all. Let's get our game on and be kids again at least for the most part."

Soon enough he would engage in the many games his friend Josh had to offer. Although he was losing and everyone he still had a blast playing them and whatnot. Soon after the pizza was ready and Ghost was hungry. But little did anyone know Ghost secretly judge people's food."