fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
crown jewels
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 0:03:21 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

Gideon had finally found time in his schedule for a bit of field work. The site was a less-frequented part of Rusturf Tunnel; he'd ascertained a permit to dig after reports of possible fossils and strange minerals had been communicated to his team by spelunkers. Joining him today was one of the Museum of Natural History's newest contractors, . [break][break]

"I wanted to thank you again for loaning us your Galarian artifacts for the Winter Masquerade. They were quite the hit with guests, from what I was told." Omitted was the likely motivation behind the exhibit's popularity: the morbid misfortune that was Galar after the events of the Darkest Day. Tragedy had a way of stirring the masses, after all.[break][break]

As they entered the intended section of the tunnel, Gideon was curious to see Remiel's expertise in-person. His resume had been glowing, but there was always interest in watching those on his payroll in their element.

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
crown jewels
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 2:20:50 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The daily life of an archaeologist was just about what most people would come to expect: a lot of digging and careful excavating. had put hundreds of hours into that kind of work himself, especially when he was younger. Though he had been a fresh-faced graduate from HAMMERLOCKE UNIVERSITY, the prince had the opportunity to internship wherever he'd wanted.

These days, however, the prince was more accustomed to the managerial side of the profession. Recording every step of a dig, and writing each report, was important to the analyzation and research that took place afterward. Even so, every now and again, he fancied a bit of physical labor. It was why he'd brought along his tool kit and satchel with him now.

The opportunity to get to know the museum director was also something the royal could not pass up. "It was my pleasure, Mr. Graves." He says in response, casting a glance at the man and smiling. "With the upsurge of charitable donations Galar has received since, the repairs on the the Royal Treasury are close to being finished, which means our relics are due to return home soon. So, in truth, I should be thanking you." He adds.

Meanwhile, a CARBINK floats behind them in tow. GELEBOR is Remiel's little assistant in archaeology.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
crown jewels
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 22:25:12 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Gideon returned Remiel's smile with a thin-lipped one of his own, nodding then to the tunnel before them.[break][break]

"I'm looking forward to seeing you in action today." He confessed, shrugging off the pack on his shoulder containing tools and equipment they'd need for their outing.[break][break]

"Tell me, what's your first step now that we're here?" Admittedly, archeology wasn't the director's field of expertise. He was more biologically inclined – however, that didn't mean his interest in the subject was nonexistent. If anything, the cultural discoveries helped inform aspects of biology and similar fields.

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
crown jewels
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 4:09:36 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Doctor Graves was a man his senior with a bevy of experience and accolades. Remiel had heard plenty about him during his time at Hammerlocke University. The dean absolutely adored the man. Despite pursuing different fields of science, the idea of giving instruction still seemed to him like a cheap joke put on by his mates.

"Well... typically we'd spend quite a bit of time researching, cross-referencing data, or simply waiting for leads on a dig site first. I frequent the outdoors a lot myself these days— hoping to strike historical gold, as it were." He adds with a chuckle, turning around to ensure the other man wasn't falling behind. "Thanks to your contacts, however, we can skip all that."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
crown jewels
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 20:34:13 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

There were perks to working for a large institution like the National Museum of Natural History – its coffers were kept full by regular donations from wealthy patrons and grants written by dutiful academics. They had access to the latest tools and systems, too, as well as some of the best connections in the field. Which was what had brought and here today.[break][break]

Glad to be of service,” There was a proud thrum to the director’s voice. [break][break]

Now, as far as what can be discovered here…” Besides the usual sorts of geological artifacts. “I believe this cave is known for its dense assortment of mineral veins.”[break][break]

Gideon pitched a brow Remiel’s way.[break][break]

Do you have any experience digging those out?

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
crown jewels
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 7:38:49 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
They're approaching the excavation site, and Gelebor gives a little sparkling cheer before it spins and darts forward. The workers stationed there have to shoo the Carbink away when it draws too close to their equipment. Remiel might have said something himself, but Gideon's latest words seem to have placed him in deep thought:

A sickly purple glow in the dark. A clawed hand lashes out at him while others are seized and dragged away. Harrowing screams fill the catacombs of HAMMERLOCKE.

The strange CRYSTAL that resided beneath the palace had done this. Its veins stretched out across the underground like roots. They should have listened to the ancient warnings.

They should have left it alone.

The royal suddenly snaps out of it when Gelebor pokes at his leg, urging him to hurry up. Realizing he's left the good doctor unanswered for a few moments longer than he'd anticipated, Remiel clears his throat and takes a moment to regain his composure. Then, after recalling the question, he nods. 

"I have some. Though truth be told, I usually employ a Pokémon for that sort of work." He admits as he comes to a slow stop at the edge of the excavation pit. "That's not what the esteemed NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY is looking for though, is it, doctor? I was told they'd found an artifact."

BLIGHT & BANE ENDEAVOR 💠

reference any of the organizations listed in the local hoenn guidebook thread, or any on-site player-led business.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
crown jewels
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 1:04:36 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Gideon didn't probe Remiel further when he noticed the man drift away for a moment. Instead, he allowed a polite silence to fall between them, and then pretended not to notice the lull when the man did eventually speak up.[break][break]

"That's what I've been told as well," The professor confirmed, waving over one of the miners for a quick conversation. [break][break]

After relaying all pertinent information to the two men the worker departed, leaving them to their delicate work of extracting the artifact. Gideon didn't waste any time climbing down into the excavation pit and locating the flagged-off area.[break][break]

"Here we are." Making sure Remiel had adequate space beside him to observe, the professor leaned in close to what appeared to be something made of processed stone protruding from the rock.[break][break]

Whatever this artifact was, the material was decidedly different from that which encased it. Obviously man-made.[break][break]

"I'll let you do the honors, Mr. Calcifet." Gideon remarked, taking a step away.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
crown jewels
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 6:35:09 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
It was refreshing to see someone of Gideon's status not shy away from getting their hands a bit dirty. Remiel figured this was how many others felt when they saw the royal prince do the same. Or at least he'd been told as much. Which, inevitably, led to the same questions the handful of times he'd been scrutinized:

"You chose to dig for a living? Why?"

"Wouldn't you rather be spending your wealth?"

"Aren't you supposed to be knighting someone in a palace somewhere instead?

"This may be surprising to hear, but it's nice to have someone judge me by the merit of my work." Remiel says as he crouches down and unfurls a yellow pack of excavation equipment at his feet. "I don't suppose you've ever come across such a feeling? That feeling that your renown has... outgrown you, in a sense?"

He only pauses for a second to glance in the good doctor's direction and gauge his expression. Before long, however, hues of cobalt blue shift to examine the protruding artifact for a moment. Afterward the royal goes about carefully deciding which piece of equipment he should pick up and use first. 

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
crown jewels
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 21:44:09 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

wasn't exactly a humble man, but he was a pragmatist. He knew that his middle-class background had afforded him academic opportunities that formed the foundation of his current success. He'd been privileged, of course...[break][break]

...but he was no prince, and had never been revered as such by the public. Everything he'd accomplished was due his rigorous dedication. His career was his priority, after all, even at the expense of other facets of his life.[break][break]

"Not as surprising as you might think, actually. I can commiserate, in a way. Our work is important. It sheds light on otherwise dark spots in the world."[break][break]

It was something to be proud of. But the feeling of one's renown outgrowing them? Gideon wasn't nearly famous enough for that sentiment to be on his mind. So, the professor deflected to the topic he suspected was hinting at.[break][break]

"You prefer this work, then? Over politics and bureaucracy?"[break][break]

Not that there wasn't an abundance of that in the scientific world, but still. His position now was very different from royalty.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
crown jewels
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 6:15:52 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]

Remiel nods in agreement, carefully chipping away at the soil around the artifact with a dental pick. "I agree. There's a lot to learn from our past. It's a shame a lot of people don't see that, but that's why I find this profession so fulfilling. Every important find takes us one step closer towards the goal of building an IDEAL future."[break][break]

Though the royal takes notice of Gideon's deflection, he chooses not to make that fact known. It seems the professor had not come across such a feeling before despite his reputation. "I may benefit from everything I've learned in diplomacy or politics, but I never chose any of it. So yes: I've always preferred this work. It's my passion."[break][break]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]CROWN JEWELS ♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
crown jewels
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:31:29 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Passion was what was needed in this field.[break][break]

Without it, the long hours and personal sacrifices could weigh heavy over time. But Gideon guessed that knew that well already. [break][break]

"Well we're glad to have you and your expertise at the museum. I think it will be a mutually beneficial endeavor." [break][break]

By the way he was working, so precisely and so intricately, it was obvious the royal hadn't bluffed on his résumé. Not that Gideon had thought that, but it was always impressive to see a professional at work regardless.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
crown jewels
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 8:05:13 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

"I must admit: I'm happy to hear that from you, doctor. I've been thinking about applying for a more... permanent position within the museum. If you'd have me, of course." Given the controversy surrounding him right now, and his involvement with the AMNESTY PROGRAM, Remiel wasn't sure Gideon would appreciate that sort of attention. But he had to try anyway.[break][break]

A steady job within HOENN, to pair with his newfound citizenship in the region, would do wonders for his public image and new life moving forward.[break][break]

After the archaeologist assesses the integrity of the artifact once more, he chirps for his Carbink to come closer. "Alright, Gelebor, just as practiced. Ease the stones out from there carefully, would you?" He asks of the Pokémon, watching as it hones in on the surrounding rock with an ANCIENT POWER gleaming from its crystals.[break][break]

Like magic, they begin to crumble away piece by piece, clearing away what Remiel and his dental pick would have taken hours to do so.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
crown jewels
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 16:03:42 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Though had his own personal reasons to be leary of any individuals involved or previously-involved with ROCKET, he was aware of ’s affiliation with the AMNESTY PROGRAM – a fact which he tolerated, at best. If it weren’t for ’s influence he may not have even humored Remiel’s desire to work for the museum.[break][break]

Feel free to apply, of course. We can always assess your employment at a later time.” After he’d proven himself a little more with contract work, ideally.[break][break]

In the meantime, it seemed that their time here in Rusturf Tunnel was quickly wrapping up, thanks to CARBINK’s help.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
crown jewels
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 18:37:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

Remiel hadn't expected an immediate approval, of course. He was required to go through all the necessary channels, just like all the other applicants. That being said, Gideon's response seemed neutral nonetheless. An indication that the purpose of this outing hadn't really swayed him one way or another just yet.[break][break]

"I'm always thankful for the work, contract or otherwise," The royal nods, working to carefully free the lithic from the other side with a small pick and hammer. "Most people think I don't like to get my hands dirty because of my station back in GALAR."[break][break]

Just then, the archaeologist pauses and sets his tools down before reaching in, carefully pulling out the artifact: a bronze plate decorated with engravings of several different species of dragon. "Beautiful..." Remiel remarks, turning over his shoulder to regard Gideon next.[break][break]

"What do you think? DRACONID?"
[break]

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights