1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
grand line [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 7:02:37 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Sorry for the wait."

I thought my worries would end with the meteor.

Turns out the gym leader was wrong, and he felt the burdening weight of trying to balance work with passion. Holiday prep had been leaving him rather jet-lagged. For the last week he found himself HOME ALONE planning for like five different holiday events. Some he was orchestrating himself, others the gym leader would simply be attending.

Having entered the arena from one side, he hopes the challenger has taken up their position at the other end marked on the floor. Derek's hands linger inside his jacket, eventually loosing two pokeballs that contained his pokemon for the current match.

"We can start when you're ready."

tl;dr
derek and his pokemon prepare to battle
tauros intimidate ability is active
close tab

played by

ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Pokemon Ranger
cadet
6"00 height
6"00 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
201 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
grand line [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 7:30:33 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
So here he was going up against a gym leader. These trainers are a symbol of strength courage and all the above. Each one will prove to him who he is and hopes to be. As he stood there waiting he did not know what kind of battle will unfold before him. But he was ready and willing to give any form of battle a try.
As Gym Leader Derek made his way to the battleground. Ghost's heart would start to beat.
It would beat a bit faster per usual but why was this? It wasn't like he did not have a battle before. More or less it was because this battle has a lot more weight behind the outcome and he needed to prove he had what it took to take on this gym. As he went into his pocket he would take out two pokeballs.

"Let's go Roc Royal let's go Yara." Soon enough a mighty dragon type would take to the skies and out came a Salamence whose name is Roc Royal and a beautiful fairy/psychic type that is Gardevoir and her name is Yara.

"Alright, it's show time Yara use REFLECT" Soon enough Yara Reflect would come into play.

Status Good Ability
Salamence- intimidate (In Use)

Status Good Ability
Gardevoir- Synchronize

Notes: Yara used Reflect to start off the battle.
Reflect 5/1

Roc Royal awaits command in the sky 

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
grand line [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 11:54:26 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
The bright WHITE flash of their pokeballs let Derek know the battle is soon to be underway, as evident by the reflective screen cast by their Gardevoir.

Well, at least he's aware of what's coming.

"Randal, take on the dragon!" Eagerly leaping up towards the enemy, Derek's Machamp hurls forth an ICE PUNCH that aspires to connect with the Salamence's face.

On the other side of things, the gym leader seems willing to bide his time. "Get pumped, Tauros, 'cause you're heading in next!" Grunting and scraping it's hooves against the floor, the bull is obedient enough to work up an appetite for destruction.

Let's see what they make of this little freebie...

tl;dr
machamp (no guard) uses ice punch vs. salamence
reflect halves the damage of ice punch
tauros uses work up to buff itself offensively

ooc:
just to make sure you know, both pokemon can move once per post
close tab

played by

ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Pokemon Ranger
cadet
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
201 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
grand line [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 23:56:13 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Roc Royal was one of if not the most powerful Pokemon Ghost had to offer and he had to set by example and Yara on the other hand. Her support was second to none. Now being able to use them both. Now that was a kicker and whatnot. As Ghost looked at the fighting type coming at him head-on. This was more than enough and he took the bait. "Now Roc Royal, use FLAME THROWER," *Soon enough the dragon would fill his mouth up with the gas fire and then let it blast at his target.* This was at point-blank range seeing as the fighting type came right at him. 

Next Ghost would put a smile on his face as he saw the ground type getting pumped up. "Alright, Yara it's show time now then use Psychic on that Tauros and put him down for good." * Next up Yara would focus on who was in front of her as her eyes glow up and them she launched a psychic blast at the grounded bull.* 

Notes 
Salamence used Flame Thrower at the incoming Machamp 
Gardevoir used Psychic on Tauros 
Reflect still in play 2/5 

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
grand line [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 15:30:17 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
The fire that engulfs the Machamp does little to dissuade it from decking the Salamence in it's face. In fact, before Randal falls back to the ground, the sudden surge of energy rising up from Derek's side of the field allows it to land a second blow.

Prompt mega-evolution gives way to this g-max chi strike, which will provide a chink in their otherwise sound armor. "Yeah, atta boy Randal!"

Though not very effective this time, a drawn out battle would not bode well. Luckily they were in a good position to prevent that.

On the other side of things, the Tauros shakes off being man-handled by the Gardevoir's psychic prowess. This time it didn't care what Derek ordered, instead giving into it's dangerous lust for violence.

"I was wondering when he'd get mad."

The Tauros would begin to circle all pokemon in the ring, gradually growing dizzy and confused as it picked up the pace of it's swagger-full gait.

tl;dr
machamp is hit by flamethrower
machamp mega-evolves (1/3)!
mega-machamp uses g-max chi strike vs. salamence
tauros uses swagger(work up & swagger buffs applied)!
tauros is now confused between friend and foe!
close tab

played by

ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Pokemon Ranger
cadet
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
201 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
grand line [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 22:27:55 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Ghost looked on as Roc Royal let out a loud roar. He was a bit shocked that the Machamp went through the fire as it did. This put a smile on his face. As Roc Royal would fly backward to pace himself. As he did that Ghost would see that the gym leader Pokemon went Mega. As he would say to him. "Wow, I am honored to have you go all out like this. But how long could that last? How long could this newfound power match Roc Royal? Or was it that he was the one back into a corner? "Now then Roc Royal use Dragon Dance. Soon the mighty dragon type would start to spin around as its power and speed increased. As Ghost wanted to try and bring out his Dragon's full might.

As he did that he would see Yara was being circled around by the mad bull. This was going to be something. As he would say "Hang in there Yara it's a scare tactic. Now let's give this bull something to work for use Shadow Ball but aim it at the ground to make a smoke screen." Taking her trainer's advice she would do just that. As she looked on she would quickly launch it at the ground. As the Shadow Ball hit the ground. A large cloud of dust would come about. "Ok, now we wait for the attacks. As Roc Royal and Yara would be waiting on the next move.

Notes
Salamence used Dragon Dance (buffs are active)
Gardevoir used Shadow Ball on the ground
To cause a smoke screen

Reflect still in play 3/5

mega-machamp uses g-max chi strike vs. salamence(landed)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
grand line [gym]
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 2:42:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
| (NO REWARDS)