Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 1:43:57 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

Night clubs like this reminded Elisabeth of . Wearing a little black dress, she lingered at the counter with a ZOMBIE -- some curious Alolan rum that she would never have chosen for herself, otherwise. A new year was a cause for new experiences, she reminded herself.[break][break]

Still, haunting bars to celebrate the New Year would not have been Elisabeth's first choice of tradition; the lack of other choices, however, had driven her to explore this one.[break][break]

When a stranger was seated beside her, Elisabeth did not spare a glance upwards before offering a mild nod in response.[break][break]

"Bonne année," she said in lilting Kalosian, tipping her glass before taking a sip. "Happy New Year."[break][break]

Hers might have been a different greeting, had she first noticed the person next to her.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Bar Crawl: Burning Maw (Zombie).[break]
- Resolution: Success.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 21:47:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Work had be running her dry as of late. From the relentless meetings to the constant sleuth of data reports, there was no lack of paper work to shift through, even on her days off.
[break][break]

It had taken a persistent for her to even consider escaping the confides of her office.
[break][break]

'Im here.'
[break][break]

Legs crossed over the bar stool, she quickly sent off the text to her boyfriend before slipping her phone back into the black studded purse resting on her lap.
[break][break]

With that out of the way, all she has to do now was wait.
[break][break]

"Hm? Oh, yeah, happy new year."
[break][break]

An unexpected holiday greeting had led her to shakily returning the sentiments, though, her gaze didn't move to search for it's source. Just another random at the bar, she had thought.
[break][break]

Bringing her drink to her lips, Penelope took a short, clipped sip of it's contents.
[break][break]

"Got any resolutions for the year?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 22:35:19 GMT
[nospaces]

Elisabeth was enough drinks in for her laugh to be louder than it should have been; the melodic sound was jarringly biting in its dark humor. She shrugged as she allowed herself a small, sly smile.[break][break]

"My mother-in-law used to say if you want to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans."[break][break]

Only then did her green eyes steal a glance at the woman beside her, a sudden double-take confirming an unfortunate reality: she had unknowingly invited in a conversation with her least favorite councilwoman, .[break][break]

Given Elisabeth's experience with in Littleroot, this was something of a dubious accomplishment.[break][break]

"That said," the florist continued, thoughts slowing with this discovery, "my resolution for the last year was to survive. And despite all odds set against that resolution, Hoenn has indeed survived a promised apocalypse. Cheers to our continued health."[break][break]

She lifted her drink in a mockery of a toast once more, before she downed it and motioned for another. Her tone became flat then, leg restlessly shifting back and forth with irritation as she turned away.[break][break]

"So as I didn't expect to see 2023, no, I can't say I have many plans for it. And you?"

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 23:30:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Cheers to that then."
[break][break]

More and more, Penelope's experience with Hoenn's history of unfortunate events had filtered her thoughts with a heavy layer of bitterness. How could one come to share an exchange with the god of life, only to realize that same god had bonded with a terrorist, an arsonist, and a murderer, and still believe in it's validity.
[break][break]

From then on it was clear: they might be all-knowing and all-powerful, but certainly not all-loving.
[break][break]

Lifting her glass with the same dark twinge between her eyes, Penelope downed another long swallow, leaving only a quarter left to finish off.
[break][break]

"I can understand that," she nodded, the memory of that fated day awakening a tired drawl to her voice, "But you know what they say, it is not the strongest or smartest who survive, but those who can manage change."
[break][break]

An old quote she'd recalled from long ago. Sighing, she finally turned to see who lurked along her other side, only to find...
[break][break]

Ah.
[break][break]
"For me," she continued, her eyes clearly darkening at the little surprise that had awaited her, "I just wish to finish what I started. "

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 23:46:42 GMT
[nospaces]

"Nothing like messy, unfinished threads to nag at the mind, hm?"[break][break]

The fire darkening in the other woman's eyes kindled a spark in Elisabeth's own. The burn of alcohol in her throat was like tinder, awaiting the right strike of flint to ignite her to life and loosen her tongue.[break][break]

Reporter, councilwoman -- it didn't matter. Penelope had traded one title of menteuse for another. The fact that Hoenn had elected such an unbearable woman into the position sickened Elisabeth, and confirmed her own cynicism about the state of education in the region.[break][break]

You could dress up a Tepig in the finest clothes that had to sell, but a swine was still a swine.[break][break]

And this swine was an impudent, two-bit, sensationalist journalist who had chosen to openly antagonize the wrong subject.[break][break]

Elisabeth's voice lowered here, conspiratorial and snide, as her hands curled possessively around her next drink.[break][break]

"Am I allowed to know of your petty ambitions, Councilwoman Livy? Or do the people only deserve to know the truth when it's sanitized to your liking?"

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 0:50:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The florist's words cut deeper than she allowed herself to show. Whether it be from her, or , or even that loud-mouth  , they were right to probe at the dauntingly stark contrast of the words Penelope once proclaimed to the world, and who she was now.
[break][break]

If they were to ask Penelope why, maybe she would relent an answer. Tell them it was some sort of sacrifice for her greater ambition awaiting along the horizon. But there was no mapping out the distance from who she once was and who stood there now. There was no detailing what ran along that long, lonely change in oneself.
[break][break]

Because, whenever she thought of it, only one answer became excruciatingly clear. When face with change, you have two options: come out the other side or don't. 
[break][break]

"Oof, why so serious? All I did was give you harmless answer and you're already coming for my neck. Maybe ease up on the alcohol, hm?"
[break][break]

Tucking the shame behind a neat, condescending smile, she finished off the rest of her drink and gestured for another.
[break][break]

"But, do you even care one way or another? I thought you were the type to hide from the truth, not run towards it? "

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 1:01:45 GMT
[nospaces]

A cat-like smile lit up at the deflection, like a Sprigatito pouncing at the first sight of an unraveling thread.[break][break]

Non-answers were telling; it was how Elisabeth, herself, preferred to omit and blot unwanted topics, lest they bleed into unpleasant conversations.[break][break]

Her nails tapped the side of the glass with a 'clink,' the percussion a steady metronome as the Rocket admin's eyes attempted to pull a more interesting reaction out of the woman.[break][break]

The intoxicating haze of alcohol urged her onward, goading her to let thoughts become careless, inciting words.[break][break]

"Oh? Is that the kind of woman I am, then? You seem surprisingly informed on the subject."[break][break]

Nails ceased in their clacking, resting on the surface of the counter as Elisabeth stared at her.[break][break]

Waiting in expectant silence.[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 3:51:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope was shrewder enough to guess the thoughts behind the curl of her smile, but like with everything she adamantly disliked, she held her tongue and chose to ignore it. Look to win the war, not the battle, she had to remind herself.
[break][break]

The replacement drink was swiftly slid back to her emptied hand, fulfilling the void the last one left behind. She waited not even a second to indulge in another large swallow, hungering for the satisfying burn that came with it.
[break][break]

"You're not as sly as you think you are." Her response was as curt and cold as a carefully crafted blade, prepared with the intent to draw blood, and in this case, the truth. After a brief pause, she continued, twirling her straw around her thin fingers. "It's funny. Even when the truth is well sanitized, it always finds a way of coming out and exposing those hidden within its shadows."
[break][break]

"How long do you expect to stay hidden, miss florist?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 3:59:15 GMT
[nospaces]

"Ah, yes. Of course. The truth."[break][break]

Elisabeth leaned back in her bar stool, and once more her head tilted back in abrupt laughter. It held her in place for awhile, bubbling over with a frothy giddiness and delight that wouldn't relent.[break][break]

Finally she managed to rein herself in, face drunkenly flushed as her hand moved to brush strands of hair out of her eyes; the faintest sheen of sweat glistened on her brow with the motion.[break][break]

The audacity of a reporter or a politician to say such a thing to her, so earnestly.[break][break]

"Would you like to know a secret, Councilwoman?"

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 7:39:16 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The flames of her laughter slapped her across the face, forcing her to take another swing of her drink. Better to drown out her feelings than allow them to show and be mocked.
[break][break]

Arm propping up the side of her face, Penelope stared back at her disparaging, watching as the sweat drizzled down her brow.
[break][break]

"Tell me."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 23:56:48 GMT
[nospaces]

And there it was, nakedly exposed in those two little words:[break][break]

The greed.[break][break]

Elisabeth dangled the bait for a moment longer, lifting the rum to her lips to savor it -- slowly, leisurely, as if she had nothing but all the time in the world. Only when she had slaked her thirst for irritating the redhead next to her did she lower the drink once more, meeting her gaze evenly.[break][break]

was not so sly, either.[break][break]

The way the former reporter had shadowed Elisabeth at Splashfest, asking probing questions and staring at her as if the blonde was possessed of three heads, was all so laughably familiar. Whatever Kalosian tabloids Penelope had apparently gotten her hands on, Elisabeth knew the lights they'd have painted her in.[break][break]

And none of them were kind.[break][break]

The florist rested her chin on a hand, the other finally beckoning to the councilwoman with a lazy crook of her finger. A wicked grin took hold of her, widening the longer she kept her audience in breathless suspense.[break][break]

Awaiting that little confession that reporters had always sought to claw out of her, treating its weight as more precious than gold.[break][break]

"What if I told you, Miss Livy," she murmured, in a voice strangely tender in its hushed tenor, "that every terrible thing you imagine about me is true?"

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 0:54:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Greed.
[break][break]

It was the currency that fueled Hoenn's bustling economy. There was always something to be gained, something more to be desired.
[break][break]

Penelope was living proof that greed was the inalienable prerogative of those within the upper echelon of the league, and even as an outsider, she held no choice but to conform.
[break][break]

The crook of her slim finger, the wicked grin she held -- to all of it, Penelope's stare only narrowed further. There was no amusement to be had.
[break][break]

"I'd believe you."
[break][break]

She hadn't moved an inch, head still balancing over the ball of her fist, hair slowly falling in incremental pieces around her. Occasionally, she'd move to tuck another piece behind her ear, but it'd always find a way back out. An unavoidable nuisance.
[break][break]

"Though, to be frank, I'm much more interested in the present than the past."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 2:48:23 GMT
[nospaces]

"Of course you would. Because you don't want the truth, do you?"[break][break]

The grin darkened into a sneer, radiating contempt as Elisabeth's beckoning fingertips curled into a fist that pressed against her chest. Beneath it, she could feel her own heartbeat pounding, a steady beat of indignant rage silently caged within her ribs.[break][break]

"What you want, Miss Livy, is validation."[break][break]

You hypocrite, her eyes spat. You self-righteous, arrogant child.[break][break]

"You want vindication that your version of events is the correct one. You want your own biases confirmed, your own personal beliefs upheld. You preach truth, Councilwoman, but you only believe what you want to believe."[break][break]

Another laugh ripped from her throat, but in her drunkenness, its bitterness and resentment rang cold and clear.[break][break]

"So what good would it do me to protest otherwise? To argue with a judge, jury, and executioner who has decided what sort of person I am, without allowing me to present evidence to the contrary? There is no innocence until proven guilty, Miss Livy, not to people like you."[break][break]

Elisabeth had given up on this, a world that believed in sympathy. People like had taught her to abandon that expectation a long time ago.[break][break]

"I, too, wonder at the present. How it must feel now, to stand atop the League as a councilwoman, and to see the region of Hoenn decide their own truths about you without your input. What is it like, Councilwoman, facing the court of public opinion?"[break][break]

She leaned in closer, a crazed gleam in her eyes, as if relishing the discomfort of their newfound proximity.[break][break]

"Tell me. How kindly has the truth treated you?"

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 2:48:08 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Silence brewed at the end of the blonde's declaration. At first, when her words had grown venomous, her initial reaction was to laugh it off.
[break][break]

Even before joining the council, there were always people who'd come along with their self-proclaimed image of Penelope Livy. And they'd dig into her with their fangs bared, tacting words like 'devil' and 'witch' to her very existence, as though they'd send her plummeting back to obscurity.
[break][break]

So, to that, she'd been prepared to swallow the florist's bitter retelling of a person far from herself, and meet it well with a snicker. But, to her surprise, something different was found.
[break][break]

Sympathy? No, unfortunately, the feeling that left her heart twisted was more akin to the empathy of understanding.
[break][break]

"People like me, huh."
[break][break]

Idle fingers twirled the darkened liquid of her cocktail, swishing it back and forth, until ripples overtook its top.
[break][break]

"Ms. Fiorelli, if I wanted validation, I would've gone for a far different career."
[break][break]

She shook her head. For once, the urge to explain herself could be felt bubbling up near the back of her throat, like a persistent itch that wouldn't go away.
[break][break]

"But, instead, I chose one where I'm forced to hear the opinions of self-centered critiques who'd rather smear their labels onto me in hopes that'd I'll come toppling down, and fulfill whatever lackluster prophecy they'd already handpicked for me."
[break][break]

"I sympathize with you in that way. But the difference between you and me is that I don't use it as an excuse to hide from my shadows."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sugarcane Rum [Bar]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 2:58:46 GMT
[nospaces]

"How fortunate you are. That you can even embark on such a career in the first place."[break][break]

Naked envy revealed itself in her quiet reply, and in its softness, a stinging resentment rippled through every word.[break][break]

How much power this woman next to her had. The council of Hoenn held more power than she could imagine, than she could ever dare to reach for, with the specter of her past always threatening to overshadow her in the background.[break][break]

Elisabeth's husband had nearly entered politics in Kalos, and enduring the life of a politician's wife, after all that he'd already made her endure, would have assuredly killed her.[break][break]

It forced Elisabeth to kill him first.[break][break]

"No, Miss Livy. The difference between us is you had choices. And your choices granted you power over the entire region, while my lack thereof granted me the same level of scrutiny, with none of the reward."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]