[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I don't have the stuff to undo whatever that is, Reiner. It just... you know? Stops you from using your electricity in case you try to zap them and all."[break][break]

There's a frustrated growl that rings through the cell, a Luxray rolling over onto his back as he bats at the collar around his neck.[break][break]

"I mean, would you have preferred being forced to stay in your pokeball? I know I would prefer having you here..."[break][break]

Amidst the sound of rustling paper and repetitive scribbling, Reiner looks up to meet Eris' gaze, frowning a little before he gets back up. Then he slinks on over, resting his head atop hers and taking a peek at the piece she's working on - A rather strange, cylindrical object with spots?[break][break]

Colour pencils are strewn all over the table, eraser dust swept off the canvas as she smudges some of the lead from her sketches. Tied around her left arm is a corner of the blanket she's been given, the rest of the trailing cloth wrapped around her like an oversized coat. The room's a little colder than anyone normal might like but she honestly prefers it this way - It's way easier and more comfortable to find ways to warm yourself up than cool yourself down, after all.[break][break]

Just then, Reiner hears something moving outside the door, his ears twitching as he gently turns his head to watch. Eris stops too, following the Luxray's gaze and raising an eyebrow as the door swings wide open.[break][break]

"No one told me anything about having guests over."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 14:57:02 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor gazed upon the prisoner and its Pokémon companion. At least they hadn’t taken it from her.

Still Elinor pondered why a child had been pushed into Team Rocket’s grasp. Had the League truly been so out of touch?

Whether it had or not. Elinor was about to try and rectify that. She had to. She wouldn’t be able to live with herself if she didn’t extend a hand to this child in need.

Clad in her usual gray business suit, she entered calmly. A package in hand, the pleasant smell of freshly made donuts spread from the package.

“Oh, I hope I am not interrupting something.” She sent the girl a kind smile as she walked through the door and heard her words.

OOC: Sorry for the wait!

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 18:19:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She's no stranger to the smell of freshly baked goods, her eyes tracing the outlines of the visitor as she tilts her head to the left to keep her in view. Interrupting something?[break][break]

"I'm sitting in this cell rotting away and being kept away from my only remaining family, all so I can stew in my thoughts. Unless you want to deem the whole crashing in while I quietly think about why there isn't even a tennis ball to bounce around interrupting..." Letting out a snort of self-amusement, Eris rubs the side of her hand against an open palm. It's funny, how watching the way the pencil smudges spread and eventually fade away seems far more interesting than the person in front of her.[break][break]

"I don't really have any tea to offer, but there's plenty of space to sit." She gestures to the floor and her half-made bed, having taken just about the only proper chair available in the room. "You can negotiate with the people outside for a chair if you'd like. Would have more luck than I do, properly."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 19:41:58 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

At some point, you would think Elinor would grow wiser and not attempt to break the awkward silence with some flimsy comment.

But no. Today was not that day.

And it seemed the child in front of her was not in the mood for it.

“I probably would, yeah.” Elinor said. Her smile faded mildly. “But I think the floor will do just fine for me.” Elinor sat down, back against the wall. Hoping to meet Eris’s gaze as equals.

Elinor slid the package toward Eris. Offering her the donut treats inside.

“This is usually the point where I would ask how you are doing.” Elinor paused, her gaze wandered to Eris’s companion. “But, perhaps we ought to skip the pleasantries?”

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 21:03:31 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]An adult that hasn't started yelling at her or questioning why she's here. For a moment, Eris seems to perk up, granting the stranger a brief look as she shifts her chair to face a little more to the left.[break][break]

"You know, I was in a jail like this once, back in Rocket, but not because I was a prisoner. I was there to talk to Miss Melody after she'd been kidnapped. And I tried to bake some cookies with her, hoping it'd make her feel a bit better. Got rattled by a few of the adults for doing that. Heard she tried to stab someone with the knife she slipped away from our baking session." As she talks, she starts to fidget with the pieces of paper on her table, lining the edges up before pressing a fold.[break][break]

As slips the package over, Reiner is the first to move up to it, sniffing it before gently nudging it over to his ward. And she reaches to pick it up, taking a quick peek within before looking back to the woman.[break][break]

"If this is meant to be a bribe, Miss Elinor... I'll have you know that I prefer stuff like mochi. People rarely get the glazes on donuts right and it kinda... sticks to your tongue, if you get what I mean." She pauses, holding out the open box and shaking it gently. "Want one? Eating alone isn't fun, and I don't think Reiner wants one right now..."[break][break]

A brief pause, her eyes glint with intrigue as to whether the other might accept.[break][break]

"I don't bite, neither does Reiner. Unless you threaten me or try to beat me up. Or you know, you're someone I sorta kinda really hate. I only have one person that fits that category, and it isn't you."[break][break]

No, that spot is reserved solely for that man alone.[break][break]

"So... How's your day been, Miss Elinor? Can't be that eventful considering how you walked in here with a box of donuts. Did Miss Melody put you up to this?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 18:16:17 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor listens as it seemed her casual, perhaps even kind approach began to ease the words from Eris.

Though the tale that Eris spun wasn’t exactly a kind one.

“Do not worry. It is not a bribe. It’s a gift.” Elinor reassured Eris. Though she understood where the suspicion came from. “I suppose a single Donut can’t hurt.” Elinor agreed. “Thank you.” She moved for a short moment to take whichever Donut Eris would let her.

“I am glad that I am not on your hate-list.” Elinor smiled, even allowed a small chuckle to escape, as she now held the Donut in one hand. “Though I am curious to know who that single person could be. But you don’t have to tell if you do not want to.” Elinor reassured before taking a small bite of the treat.

“No, Miss Melody did not put me up to this.” Elinor replied with a light shake of her head. ”To answer your question. As you guessed, my day has been rather uneventful. But that’s not a bad thing. It allowed me the opportunity to meet you.”

She did ponder the relationship between this girl and Melody, it seemed they were rather close. But perhaps that simply originated in the tale Eris had woven earlier.

“I would like to get to know you.” Elinor stated. “Of course, only if you would be interested in letting me, that is.” She was really careful not to push.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 18:44:02 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's strange, how putting the single label of a 'gift' onto an object makes her feel all strange inside. Is her head fuzzy? Do her lips twitch with the first signs of a smile? The donut seems to taste sweeter than she'd ever expect it to be, but ultimately, it does taste good compared to everything else she's had so far. Perhaps, that is what allows her to try and speak her mind a little more freely when it comes to that issue.[break][break]

"They hurt someone really important to me and caused their death..." She murmurs behind a bite of her donut, chewing quietly for a moment before reaching to scratch behind Reiner's ears. "They even told me that I should've died with my parents back in Kanto. And to top things off, Miss Elinor, they were part of the League. One of the supposed good people in the region, one of your kind."[break][break]

Another bite, another moment of silence that is broken only by the low purrs of the Luxray.[break][break]

"Having to watch Rocket kill my parents, then the League kill someone I called family. All because I wasn't strong enough to protect them. Do you know how that feels like, Miss Elinor?" Her question is one coming from a place of pure curiosity, her eyes lacking any sort of anger or bitterness.[break][break]

"There are literal gods that don't care about our existence, dimensional travellers who think we're gonna be a pain in the ass and say it's time for us to die. But none of them feel that scary compared to the real monsters you have outside this door."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 19:28:41 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The sweet taste of donuts could not offset the sad tale that Eris provided Elinor with. To make matters worse, Eris revealed the person to have been of the League. Her free hand curled into a fist, though her face betrayed not the anger she felt.

The League were supposed to be good guys, to protect those in need.

Eris was a child in need. How dared whoever this person was, say that.

Elinor took a bite of her donut, hoping to quell the anger that simmered inside her. The Donut did not quell her anger. But it did ease a bit of her tension.

But what little relief she was granted was quickly pushed aside as Eris continued. Losing family to Team Rocket and then to The League was unknown to her, she did understand loss and grief. She had experienced it at the hands of Necrozma.

Her face faded into sadness, her eyes grew blank and watery for a moment. But she pushed such feelings aside. It was supposed to be the girl in front of her that was allowed to show such emotions.

“I… I am sorry. To hear your story. I am… I am at a loss for words.” Elinor spoke. “The League isn’t supposed to be something that you fear. It’s meant to protect, to help and offer support to its citizens.” She continued. “It hurts me to hear that this is not the case for you. Though I know my words and promises mean little compared to what you’ve experienced.” She spoke. Her eyes on Eris, sadness having been pushed aside to make way for empathy.

She wanted to offer the girl a reassuring hug. But something told her that doing so might not exactly be wise.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 19:54:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Well... yeah, the League has failed quite a bit. And I think you've heard the whole spiel about how Rocket tends to collect those who the League failed, so I'm not gonna bore you with that." She frowns, barely batting an eye as Reiner reaches over to snag the half-eaten donut she holds. "And well, I don't know how much of this..." Her arms gestures to the room as a whole. "- is meant to be protection, helping and supporting, more so than keeping someone deemed a threat imprisoned."[break][break]

She laughs a little, flicking Reiner on the nose as he licks his lips clean of the leftover sugar.[break][break]

"Never in my life did I imagine I'd be deemed a big enough threat to be put in jail. It feels like a twisted sort of accomplishment." Humming, she kicks her legs a little before turning back to look at the papers on her desk. "And the supposed crimes I've committed... were probably out of sheer emotions or pure necessity."[break][break]

She claps her hands together, as if that might clear heavy air in the room.[break][break]

"When you say you want to get to know me, I don't really know if you want to. I'm okay with telling my story, really. I have some good memories in my life, but the rest of it is comprised of really horrible stuff."[break][break]

There is hesitance to Elinor's voice, and even between the many official lines that may as well have been read off a script, she can sense that there is something about the things she's said that rings a bell in the woman's mind.[break][break]

"So, it's probably better if you keep to asking about the parts that you want to know in particular. Or we can talk about other things that you have in mind."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 20:22:55 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The League had failed…

She had failed…

It was pretty much the same thing.

Eris was right. This was a prison meant to keep threats secured. Elinor didn’t agree with its usage on Eris. To keep a child locked up was wrong, even if she had committed crimes. But on that, there was little she could do.

At least not quickly.

Elinor could not comment on the matter of Eris’s capture. She knew that doing so could very quickly lead to promises made that she might not be able to keep.

Instead Elinor simply gazed upon the small display of affection Eris and her Pokémon shared.

“I am sorry.” Elinor wiped what excess water might’ve gathered in her eyes from hearing Eris’s tale.

“Thank you for your consideration. You are very kind.” And Elinor meant those words in earnest. Eris was far too kind for being a member of Team Rocket.

“But I want to get to know you, ALL of you. The good and the bad, and even that in between.” Elinor resolved herself. “But I do understand that it must not be easy to talk about. Even if you do say that you are okay with doing so. So don’t feel pressured to talk about it.” Elinor reminded her.

“Just tell me the parts YOU think I should know about you.”

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 0:04:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Hear about her past? The good and the bad? Does that count the things she hasn't even shared with ?[break][break]

She takes a deep breath in and proceed to let it out nice and slow.[break][break]

Where to start?[break][break]

"Momma and pa were the coolest people in my life. Momma was a legendary pokemon researcher, taught me everything I know about adventuring and discovery and she still continues to through this book she left me." Though she doesn't lift it for to see, Eris does tap on a leatherbound journal sat comfortably on the table. "Pa was one of the main people working on the big electrical stuff down in Vermilion City. Could tell you everything about the implemented security systems cos of how proud he was of that thing. He even taught me how to put stuff together and program stuff. Got me free visits to the fossil labs and all kinds of other cool places if I asked."[break][break]

A shaky breath punctuates her sentences, her gaze turned to the ceiling.[break][break]

"That's probably why I lost them... was there that night when it all happened. I hadn't even had my seventh birthday, and I was really looking forward to it, since they promised we'd go lighting fireworks at the beach..." Her smile feels so weak, her fists clenching until her knuckles turn white.[break][break]

"Shot pa right at the door, then momma as she was trying to carry me out of the house. Then he burned the whole house down while I was still in it. It's how I got these wicked scars." Pulling her blanket just a little, the discoloured patches of skin decorating her skin begin to show. Just a few seconds is enough for her to get uncomfortable, and she quickly pulls her hand back.[break][break]

"Reiner dragged me out, and he got us all the way to Pallet Town where a really nice angel helped... So here we are, alive and kicking!"[break][break]

Silence befalls them for a moment as Eris reaches for a pencil. And for a few seconds, the only noise that echoes through the room is a quiet scribbling.[break][break]

"That probably doesn't explain why I'm in Rocket so..." She raises the pieces of paper she's been scribbling on: little stick figures all crowded in a house. "You see, I didn't think I was gonna survive on my own, so I tried to look for other survivors out there. And sure enough, I found a little camp. They were more than happy to take me in, since I was just a kid and they told me that the League would come and rescue us."[break][break]

The paper flips to the other side and the house is on fire, monsters running around the building as the stick figures inside now point knives. The only thing strange about it is that they don't point the knives at the monsters. Rather, they point it at a smaller stick figure and what seems to be a scribbled Luxray.[break][break]

"Thing is, Rocket found us a few days later. And the adults all started to panic because they'd never been found before for the entire time that they'd hidden there. So the adults all looked at me with those eyes, the ones that say a lot that they don't want to say in front of their own family." She chokes a little, causing Reiner to look up at her. "They thought I was some kind of spy, some... some child soldier that Rocket had brought to root out all survivors. And with Rocket mostly ignoring me while they attacked the able adults first, they thought they were right..."

She sniffles, biting back a sob but failing rather miserably. At this point, the Luxray gets up, readily pulling her in as he wraps himself around her.[break][break]

"Reiner had to fight so hard for us to get out of there. And he was so close to dying... a- and I had to hide somewhere so I ran into a room and locked the door... But they still came after me... They were so angry -"[break][break]

Even under all the ruffles of blanket, she's shaking from the chills running through her body.[break][break]

"They only stopped when a Rocket killed them all... and I thought I was going to die next, but then they picked me up and carried me out of there... They checked that I was okay and then helped heal Reiner... And by then, I got too scared to go back out there, to look for whatever League people there might be... if they hadn't all died or ran away to begin with..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 17:09:34 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor finished the Donut she’d begun on just in time for Eris to begin her tale. Mild surprise appeared as her mother’s occupation became known to her. Even more so the leather bound tome that Eris had…

For a brief moment Elinor considered snatching it from her. It could lead to an unclaimed legendary. But she pushed that thought away. Reminding herself that she wasn’t such a monster.

Her father sounded nice too, and Elinor for a brief moment felt a pang of envy.

But that all changed when Team Rocket attacked.

The brief look toward the ceiling, the fading weak smile, the knuckled hands. These were all physical tells that Elinor noticed as Eris continued the tale, though horrible it might be. She even went so far as to show the scars left behind. And though Elinor wanted to look away, she paid Eris the respect she deserved and quelled her squeamishness to gaze upon the burn scars before they were hidden away once again.

A quick look of appreciation was sent toward Reiner as its part in the tale was told.

But that wasn’t the end. Eris stated as much. Scribbling for a moment before showing Elinor the drawing.

Elinor was surprised. Though simple in its design the drawing told a tale of treachery. Unfortunately, Eris confirmed what Elinor had feared. She did not know why, but something awoke in her or perhaps a veil was simply moved away. As Eris became clear to her. Though she had noticed all the small details before, now they stood increasingly clear to her. The small chokes of sadness, the sniffling, bitten back sob. The shaking ruffled the blanket. The Pokémon goes in to reassure its trainer.

The tale came to an end. And with it, Elinor came to an understanding of Eris’ situation. Some part of her wished she had never heard it, wished that she could push it away, ignore the double standards. Continue to believe that the League was all good, merely ineffective. But Eris had torn down the curtains, thrown them on the pyre and forced Elinor to see reality for what it was.

But what can I do? Elinor thought.

She slowly began to rise from her seat on the floor. Empathic understanding painted upon her face as she looked at Eris.

“Thank you, for telling me. I know it must’ve been hard.” Elinor began. “I know there isn’t much I can do to heal the wounds of the past.” Elinor continued. “But I still want to try.” She finished.

She spread out her arms as an invitation as she continued. “Perhaps you would let me begin with a hug?”

Eris looked like someone who needed it, needed to know that she wasn’t alone. Elinor hoped she would accept.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tea time || c
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 21:29:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It takes a while for anything to break the silence, a long while for her to feel anything besides that swirling void in her chest. But when finally speaks once more, she realises that she's finally done it -[break][break]

She's finally gotten to tell that story, and she's still breathing after it all.[break][break]

There's something... nice about that fact.[break][break]

Shaky rubies look up to meet a warm honey gaze: A warmth extended that she'd never expected to receive. Words fail her so easily, her mind racing as Elinor waits for a response.[break][break]

Eris feels her strength leaving her as she pushes herself to her feet, but she catches herself right as she stumbles. And Reiner is always there by her side even as she takes those small, uneven steps.[break][break]

Nothing about her past could be fixed, her childhood ripped from her hands and warped beyond her understanding. But in these few fleeting moments, as she allows herself to hug Elinor, there is stability.[break][break]

She just wishes she could feel like this forever.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
tea time || c
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 9:28:51 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The hug was accepted.

Elinor allowed her hands to wrap around the little girl, offering her a moment of brief safety. Even if she knew that the world would snatch it from Eris soon enough.

Silence filled the room as Elinor allowed Eris to keep hugging for as long as she wanted to. This little choice was the least she could offer the poor girl.

And yet she wondered how long it would take before something or someone would disturb them.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
tea time || c
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 12:29:42 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan arrived a little after Elinor and Eris had begun to hug. The house was in Ever Grande, and so it didn't take too long for him to arrive, and he did a small amount of due diligence prior to entering.

The man was conflicted, on one hand a powerful trainer with ties to Team Rocket, on the other, a child soldier no older than twelve years old. When the lines blurred, when asked to pit between one principle versus another, Callan was truly conflicted. He loved children, ever since he had his daughter, he would never be able to look at another child without thinking of the innocence and purity that they represented.

And yet, here he was, looking at barren four walls, and within, a solitary child being held by Elinor as he walks in. He is almost apologetic for ruining the moment. He looks at the colored crayon drawings all around the room, the Luxray seating at the end of it. "Hey." He says, trying to close the door as gently as he could, but the creak of the iron would crack the moment regardless.

He slowly lifts a large thermos flask with a pour attachment on top, a few cups on the side. "I heard you had donuts, so I made some green tea for us."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]