Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 22:03:50 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev was not the kind of boss to fraternize with his employees off work hours, but the staff of Howling at the Moon deserved a holiday dinner to celebrate a successful year. After some back-and-forth over restaurants, they chose a well known hotpot restaurant in Rustboro City. It was his treat, of course.[break][break]

After dinner, most of the staff went home, but Zev was in the mood for a strong drink after enduring the off-the-clock antics of his employees. The Internet told him there was a pretty decent bar down the street called The Burning Maw, and when Zev saw who owned it, he decided he might as well check it out.[break][break]

He turned to , whose last-minute trip to the bathroom meant he was the only employee who hadn't yet departed the restaurant. The two men stood outside the building, bundled against the cold night. A scattering of snowflakes drifted lazily down from overhead.[break][break]

"Isaac, come get a drink with me." Out in public, Zev's words were less command and more suggestion, even though there weren't many people walking past. "There's a bar with good reviews just down the street."[break][break]

In truth, Zev did not care if Isaac actually accompanied him or not. But it was important to pretend he cared, at least once in a while.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 4:09:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Honestly, even if it wasn't for a last minute bathroom break, Isaac would have waited up for Zev. It wasn't that he didn't like the staff at the Howling. He actually really liked spending time with them! Some of them he considered close friends, and when the non-Rockets inevitably got let go in 2023 due to those new protocols Zev had mentioned, he was going to miss them.[break][break]

No, he liked them plenty. And they liked him plenty, too. Yet they lead separate lives once shift was over, and they all had places to go, people to see, and plans to attend to. Zev didn't. He didn't exactly keep friends. His only known family, , was a Ranger whose relationship with Zev was legendarily complicated. There were hot dates in his life, sure, but only Zev knew how deep those ran.[break][break]

As far as Isaac knew, Zev would be alone. He liked it that way. But surely that didn't extend to the holidays, did it?[break][break]

The last ditch bathroom trip was a perfect alibi. Everyone else left, hurrying along to attend to their plans. That left Zev alone, still sorting out the bill by the time Isaac returned. Before Isaac could even ask for a few more insights into Zev's plans, his nightmare-slash-mentor actually took the initiative.[break][break]

Going out for drinks with Zev, huh? This would either be surprisingly wholesome or leave Isaac with a new and exciting set of mental scars. What a fun way to round out the day! "Sounds like a plan to me," Isaac said, flashing Zev a grin. Compared to when Zev saw him in his hospital bed, a lot of his vim and vigor had returned to him.[break][break]

"So, what's this place's deal?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 2:14:21 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev shrugged. "We're going to find out." He led the way, one hand jammed in his coat pocket or warmth, the other holding his phone out so they could follow the map's directions to the bar. "It's called The Burning Maw, and it's run by someone like us."[break][break]

By a member of Team Rocket, he meant.[break][break]

They arrived and found the bar crowded, which boded well. An empty bar after dinner meant something was wrong with it — the drinks, the environment, or the people. Zev slid onto a stool at the bar itself and picked up the menu. He scanned the specials before handing it off to Isaac.[break][break]

"The zombie sounds like something you might enjoy," Zev said. "It has three kinds of rum in it." To the bartender, he said, "I'll have a whisky sour." His usual.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 4:23:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Of the many bars spotlighted by Hoenn's travel agencies, every one Isaac saw seemed to be some manner of Rocket front. The Burning Maw, it seemed, was no different. "Sheesh, and here I thought honor went to pizzerias and mattress stores," Isaac remarked, wondering just how many Rocket bar were operating under the League's nose.[break][break]

At least if they got cracked down, they'd have bright futures as speakeasies.[break][break]

Even this late at night, the bar was crowded. Excellent. That meant the snacks would be fresh, the staff would be attentive, and the drinks were worth fighting against sleep to keep coming back for.[break][break]

Zev had Isaac's tastes pinned down to a T. Loads of rum, some fruity mixers to go along with it, and a badass name to top it off. While he stuck to something mature and reasonable like a whiskey sour, Isaac was all too happy to take the suggestion. "Now you're speaking my language. I'd like the Zombie, please!"[break][break]

It looked more like some sort of sunset than a zombie, if you asked Isaac. But something told him the name was more about its impact than its looks.[break][break]

"So, things been looking up on your end lately?" Isaac asked. He'd reconnected with family. He'd played a pivotal role in Rocket's success at Littleroot. His bar was undergoing some much needed renovations and upgrades. Far as things were concerned, Zev had to be on top of the world lately!

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 13:41:13 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Leaning forward, Zev rested his elbows on the bartop and took a sip of his drink, relishing the familiar taste. It was difficult to mess up a whisky sour.[break][break]

"Yeah, I guess things have gone really well this year. Business at the bar has been booming ever since Splashfest," the black-haired man replied. "We might even be able to open up a second location, but that's talk for another day. There are a lot of logistics to consider before we can pursue that in earnest."[break][break]

Since they were in public, it was impossible for the two to talk about Rocket-related matters. So Zev had to stick to the acceptable topics, like Howling and his public life.[break][break]

"I even have a girlfriend now, so, yeah, things are up." He took another sip to hide the little smile that threatened to cross his face. Zev did feel particularly triumphant about his relationship with Nenet, but Isaac didn't need to know that.[break][break]

Quickly pivoting the topic back onto the younger man, Zev asked, "What about you? Successful year?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 19:47:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A second location? Wow. With the level of control Zev loved holding, the thought of franchising got Isaac doing a double take. "I'll be damned. Looks like 2023's gonna be an even bigger year for you, huh?" Of course it would be. He knew where Caleb was. He was extending his reach to the stars above. And he was not the type to settle for "pretty good" or "fine enough." The stage was set for Zev to take the Hoenn region by storm.[break][break]

What a terrifying prospect.[break][break]

It wasn't as terrifying as the prospect of Zev actually having a girlfriend. The man was all business, all sharp, pointy edges. A term as youthful as 'girlfriend' didn't suit him. Even with how naturally he said the word, there was a surrealness to the fact that it actually came out of his mouth. Isaac was so shocked that, for once, he didn't even notice Zev's efforts at hiding the beginnings of a smile.[break][break]

"No way. Guess those hot dates have been going well for ya, huh?" he teased, bringing up Zev's own wording from an earlier time. He wondered just how much would care about the news, and how little of it she'd actually show. It was a funny enough dance that to this day it still stuck out on Isaac's mind. "So, what's next? Gonna take her to the Howling to meet everyone?"[break][break]

Hopefully not before Isaac could rig the betting pools to be in his favor. What was a little insider trading between friends?[break][break]

"My year? Honestly, it's been the biggest I've ever had. Some real high highs, and I'm not gonna let those lowest lows go dragging them down." It wasn't every year that you lost your innocence, your peace of mind, your ability to have a good night's sleep, your potential for a normal life, your eye, and possibly your immortal soul. But it was also the year where Isaac finally learned to let other people into his life, met his dearest friends, found love, learned the true breadth of his potential, and finally took what freedom he had left into his own hands.

"Just means I've got brand new targets to shoot for in 2023, y'know?"[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 21:34:17 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Maybe. We'll see," Zev said with an easy laugh. "I don't want to count my Torchics before they hatch."[break][break]

The prospect of franchising was less concerning than Isaac may think, especially since Zev wasn't even at his bar most nights anymore. He was busier than ever with his work as a Rocket Beast and put Howling's daily operations in the very capable hands of his bar managers, Isaac's immediate bosses.[break][break]

But whether a second location would be as successful as the original was another matter. That was something to sort out after the holidays.[break][break]

Isaac's use of 'hot dates' caused an amused noise to come out of Zev's mouth, something that wasn't quite a chuckle. "No, unless she wants to meet you all. Though she did say she's going to make some holiday macarons in the next few days for me to bring for you guys. She's currently debating between Spheal-shaped ones and Galarian Darumaka-shaped ones."[break][break]

Nenet had been making incredible pastries and other baked delights for Howling's staff ever since mid-October. Zev had thought nothing of it at first, assuming she just needed to get rid of her baked goods. As it turned out, however, it was because she'd decided they were already dating. Suffice to say, her reaction when he finally realized this had been entertaining: slight disapproval buffered by the thoughtful gift he'd given her and a romantic night out.[break][break]

As the conversation turned to Isaac, Zev sipped his drink at an unhurried pace. The younger man's optimism earned him another fake smile and a clap on the shoulder from his older companion.[break][break]

"That's a good mindset to have. Focus on the wins." Though, for Zev, everything was a win. "Anything you're particularly proud of?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 1:36:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Of course not. But it helps to know how many eggs you're packing." For someone who didn't fancy himself much of a thinker, Isaac sure knew how to throw out some wisdom every once in a while.[break][break]

It probably helped that the topic was heavy on Isaac's mind. His fridge was full of eggs, and he'd spent the last Arceus-knows-how-long letting them just rot back there. No longer. For every egg that ended up smashed on the ground, there was another that hatched into something truly special. Opportunities knocked, but without opening the door for them they were all just noise.[break][break]

Zev's girlfriend (Arceus, that still sounded weird) wouldn't be among those knocked, but that was okay. She did one better and offered delicious snacks in her absence. "Wait a minute. Is that where you kept finding baked goods to bring in?" Isaac asked, cocking an eyebrow. "Oh man, this has been going on for a good while now, huh? Good for you, man."[break][break]

"And tell her I said thanks. They're delicious."[break][break]

He had never met this mysterious girlfriend, but her baked goods were often the highlights of the workweek. Isaac had to break up at least one fight over who got the last cupcake beforehand. Part of him was curious what the heck Zev could've done to end up with someone so kind and thoughtful, but another part of him knew it was silly to draw conclusions about people based on cupcakes.[break][break]

See? There was more of that perspective! Sometimes, it felt like since Isaac lost his eye, he had more of that than ever. How ironic. He'd almost call that one of the things he was most proud of, but obviously he couldn't just say that in polite company. "Well, winning a contest and a race in the span of, what, two or three months? That's gotta rank up there," Isaac said. "I've always kinda wanted fame like that. Almost feels weird actually taking steps towards it."[break][break]

It was just a shame he could never really be famous. Not with that big old "in" hanging in front of it.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 17:37:26 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev nodded, amused by the wonder in Isaac's voice at the revelation. "I'll pass it on. She already knows, though. I tell her how you guys settle fights over the last piece."[break][break]

And each contest seemed to get crazier and crazier with every batch of baked goods.[break][break]

"Congratulations on your wins," Zev said when Isaac recounted his victories. The older man did not particularly care, but it was important to show that he did. And so he raised an eyebrow of his own at Isaac's admission.[break][break]

"Really? You've always wanted to be famous? How come?"[break][break]

Fame was one thing that seemed entirely unappealing to Zev. He understood its allure, especially if one was in a position to sway millions of fans' opinions. But he never deemed the power gained worth being in the public's eye. But he was an introvert and preferred his own company. The less other people knew about him, the better.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 2:03:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Huh. I always figured you tuned those out," Isaac said. Not that those increasingly zany contests were easy to tune out. Isaac wasn't sure if the tandem arm wrestling or the rap battle were more ridiculous. But at least they all agreed to keep Pokemon battles out of Zev's kitchen.[break][break]

That wasn't the only secret Zev was unearthing tonight. Isaac had hoped he'd just wave those secret ambitions off like most other things that didn't concern him, but instead he chose to dig deeper. Was it genuine interest? Or had he just slipped a valuable arrow into Zev's quiver?[break][break]

"Well. I mean. It's not really about being famous-famous," Isaac admitted. "It's more . . . Arceus, this is gonna sound silly, but. I've always kinda wanted to act, y'know? And those two things go hand in hand, so you kinda gotta get used to one if you're after the other."[break][break]

Part of him wanted to leave it there. Yet another part of him found the thought burning at his mind.[break][break]

"There's just something . . . fascinating about it, y'know? Getting to take nothing, and spin it up into something. Then putting enough of yourself into that something to make people believe in it. Your ideas, hell, even you, going from something hazy and invisible to something big and bold and undeniable."[break][break]

He laughed a little, taking a long sip from his drink. "Guess there are parts of that you'd never understand," Isaac admitted. "But other parts you're all too familiar with, huh?"[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 12:18:45 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The more Isaac explained, the more Zev wanted to laugh — and not because he thought Isaac would be a shitty actor. In fact, not only did Isaac have a solid grasp of theatrics, but he'd also proved a very capable actor when necessary. Zev recalled the first time Isaac walked into Howling at the Moon that summer. The young man had been quick on the uptake upon seeing Zev act like a charismatic bar owner, not a cold-hearted assassin.[break][break]

No, Zev wanted to laugh because he knew exactly what Isaac was describing, even if he didn't share the fascination with it. After all, the charismatic bar owner had come from nothing. The friendly, considerate man who blended in perfectly with society had originated in Zev's mind, pieced together after observing countless people in their natural, daily lives. Only through diligent, constant acting did such a person become reality.[break][break]

The Zev seated at that bar was merely a figment of his own imagination given life, its reality enforced by interactions with others. And oh, how people were fooled.[break][break]

Zev could not help the smirk as he took a sip of his whisky sour. "I'm very familiar." He paused to let Isaac continue, but when the younger man did not, Zev asked, "So what's stopping you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 19:42:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac brushed Zev's question off with a quick chuckle. "Man, what isn't stopping me?" he asked, a good natured grin on his face.[break][break]

"Well, there's work, for starters. When you're busy making ends meet, you don't really have time to go running of chasing dreams." It clearly wasn't the Howling that Isaac was talking about. No, it was Rocket. Having that black mark on his reputation was not the kind of thing he wanted in the tabloids, no matter how well he could keep his two lives separated. Brief appearances at races and contests were one thing. An entire job requiring the public's eye was another.[break][break]

"And I'm not gonna pretend I look the part, either. Not a lot of acting roles for a short guy with one eye." As admirable of the idea of chasing his dreams no matter what was, walking the walk and talking the talk wasn't everything. He had to look the look too, and if that wasn't already hard enough before, the events at Mt. Pyre tipped it over towards impossibility.[break][break]

There were reasons even deeper and darker than he'd admit. But Zev didn't need to know about the shitbag he refused to call father, who couldn't care less about a single interest or goal Isaac had. Dreams were a lot like plants; without being nurtured properly and let out into the light, they just withered away. But even that wasn't the real reason, now, was it?[break][break]

The only real thing standing in his way was himself.[break][break]

"Maybe if the stars ever aligned. But, right time, right place, y'know?" With that, he shifted in his seat, a glimmer of interest in his eye. "Alright, alright. I told you my big, dumb secret dream. Your turn."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 12:07:56 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Dreams were a funny concept. They were mere ether, born of nothing, the life breathed into them by inspiration or idea. They existed to motivate the common man through the drudgery of everyday life. As fantasies, they provided an escape. As hopes, they provided sustenance for weary souls. Humans dreamed of amazing feats, and sometimes those feats became reality.[break][break]

Zev didn't have dreams. He had goals.[break][break]

As a child, he decided to escape his restricting home life. To do that, he knew he had to study and gain knowledge to live as an adult. Ultimately, he used the army as his means of leaving Lavender Town.[break][break]

Growing up, he'd been the target of bullies. He had decided to enact his revenge on them. He took up lessons at the MMA gym in town to achieve that goal. Zev may have dreamed up a dozen ways of killing his bullies, but when he sent them to the hospital, those dreams ended.[break][break]

He had always wanted to kill things, and by his teenage years, he'd grown tired of targeting Pokémon. He wanted to kill people. After the army failed to scratch that itch, he decided he'd find a job that guaranteed murder. And that, too, was simply a series of goals he could check off once he'd achieved them.[break][break]

When people ask each other what they want out of life, they inevitably talk about their dreams. Happiness, wealth, fame, family. In contrast, Zev had no answer. He had everything he wanted, barring one brother back home in Kanto.[break][break]

Zev paused long enough for a natural hesitation. "I always thought it'd be nice to retire early, then travel the world," he lied. "Alola, Kalos, Galar… I've never been to any regions except Kanto and Hoenn."[break][break]

He was, by definition, a small town boy.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 20:30:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You? Retire early?" The look Isaac shot Zev was light-heartedly incredulous. He could never imagine Zev to be the settle down type. What was he going to do if Rocket wasn't around to facilitate his murdering? Take up gardening? Become a birdwatcher? Shrivel up a raisin onto a sandy beach somewhere? "I'll believe it when I see it."[break][break]

Still, where one lie confounded him, the other hit right on the mark. He had no idea where Zev's travels took him, and no idea how broad he wanted his horizons to become. Besides, who didn't want to travel? The world was too damn big to spend your whole life cooped up in a little corner of it.[break][break]

"Seeing the world's been on my bucket list too. Maybe we'll bump into each other on our world tours, eh?" He could only hope Zev wouldn't be carving a blood trail along his own tour. Sure, he didn't seem like the "kill a man in every city just to see how it feels" type, but how Zev seemed and how Zev were could be two vastly different things. And if his world tour was because Rocket wanted him to be there . . .[break][break]

Maybe it was a good thing Hoenn Rocket had its hands so full. "That should probably wait 'til Hoenn can stop being on fire for five minutes, though." At this rate, Hoenn was going to overtake Orre for most disaster-prone region in the world. And considering how much of a dumpster fire Orre was, that was saying something!

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,682 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Ad Victoriam [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 20:51:47 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev smirked at Isaac's disbelief. "You're right. Unless I franchise Howling, at the rate we're going, I'll be working till I'm dead."[break][break]

Though a man like Zev never truly believed he was going to die.[break][break]

He downed the rest of his drink and slid the empty glass away from him before signaling for the check. Just his own, of course; while he had treated his staff to dinner, he had no intention of paying for Isaac's cocktail that night.[break][break]

"Yeah, between high costs and trying to survive this region, I think traveling will have to wait. And who knows, maybe we will bump into each other abroad."[break][break]

Zev doubted it, though. After all, he didn't actually intend to travel to another region unless Rocket sent him for business. Otherwise, he was fine with living in Hoenn. For now.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Social)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]