awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 14:34:57 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Perhaps it was rather bold (or foolish) of him to request a brunch meeting with the councilwoman at the very seat of the LEAGUE's power. Nevertheless, wanted to show her the courtesy of traveling here from RUSTBORO to meet her. He'd dressed nicely for the occasion, too, donning an off-white Oxford shirt, pressed black trousers, a silver pocketwatch, and polished cap-toe Derbys.

The cafe they'd decided to meet at, Le Vainqueur, was a venerable locale known for home-roasted and single-origin coffees, baked treats, and simple meals. Its vintage Kalosian architecture and decor was a pleasant treat for the eyes. Though, admittedly, such things were overshadowed by the impressive view of the EVERGRANDE WATERFALLS across the way, and the surrounding mountain ranges.

Sitting at a table for two in the balcony section, Remiel stands when he takes notice of walking in. The dormant teacup that had been sitting on said table suddenly comes awake just then, and the BUTLER SINISTEA within it uses its ghostly telekinesis to pull out the lady's chair.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you. Formally, that is." The prince adds, issuing a polite bow with a hand across his heart. "Thank you for coming, councilwoman."

NOTA BENE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 5:24:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

[break][break]

Frankly, the importance of their meeting was originally placed near the end of Penelope's list. Between meetings regarding Team Rocket's ongoing activities, looking into the events of Meteno, and planning against the region's inevitable conflict with sea hoenn and the other miscellaneous threats pointed their way, there was really no time to be playing ms. delegate.
[break][break]

That was 's job, not hers.
[break][break]

Alas, after the recent events befalling Galar, she was reminded that there was no greater sin than appearing callous towards those around you. If the prince requested an audience, the least she could provide was her own attendance.
[break][break]

Arriving exactly on the dot, the councilwoman approached the kalosian-decorated table smiling, wearing a lavish black dress suit she'd recently picked up the week before. Her hair was clipped up and only a few strains of hair framed her face.
[break][break]

"Oh please, you can just call me Penelope."
[break][break]

A gesture of good faith, she hoped.
[break][break]

"And the pleasure is all mine. "
[break][break]

She perched herself perfectly on the pulled-out chair before settling her gaze back onto him, curious.
[break][break]

"Lovely place you picked out, by the way. The exterior is gorgeous."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 21:53:46 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The Sinistea issues a polite bow of its own after the councilwoman takes her seat. Then it settles back into a dormant state, at the corner of the table by its master's side. The ectoplasmic substance filling its cup gently swirls.

"Then you may call me Remiel, Penelope," The ambassador smiles, noting the approach of their waiter with a brief glance. "I'm glad you like the venue. I figured you might have been familiar with it since it seems so close to your place of work. Then again, recent events must have you traveling all across the region."

The waiter arrives, offering to start them with a drink and perhaps a small appetizer of some sort. Remiel orders a mimosa for the two, and a small bowl of mixed fruit.

NOTA BENE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 1:42:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His polite return earned him a smile from the councilwoman who desperately hated stuffy titles. She'd much rather hear her name than her occupation during conversation.
[break][break]
"Honestly, since my appointment, I haven't had much time to visit the city all too often."
[break][break]
World-ending disasters did that to a politician. Before, though, visiting small kalosian pockets had been one of her favorite little hobbies, as their cuisine had left a gaping hole in her heart ever since her graduation from Lumiose City.
[break][break]
"So I appreciate the tip," She winked.
[break][break]
When the waiter returned with their drinks, Penelope was quick to draw hers up to her lips for a small sip. If there was business to be made, it was best she prepared herself for it.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 11:55:32 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Her wink is accepted with an amused chuckle. Penelope seems far more playful and lighthearted than her position made her seem. Though, undoubtedly, she's just as witty as they say. Even so, Remiel wished to reach a state of communication with her where the niceties were stripped away to make room for honesty and bluntness.

For something told him she was the kind of woman who could also be severe... or incredibly insightful, given context.

Their mimosas, and a bowl of assorted fruit with a little jar of toothpicks, arrive. Remiel reaches for the former to take a sip in tandem with his brunch partner. "I'm sure you're wondering why exactly I've called upon you here, so I'll cut straight to the point," He finally continues, setting his glass back down as his calm gaze meets her own.

"I have intel regarding Team Rocket and its inner workings, and I wish to leverage it to carve a place for myself in Hoenn as a dual-citizen."

He pauses to let that sink in, certain that a flurry of questions had flashed through her mind just then. What sort of intel? Why now? Why not any of the other council members? Not looking to overwhelm her with explanations (or excuses, as others might see them), however, Remiel waits.

NOTA BENE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 5:23:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Brevity and simplicity were traits Penelope appreciated during meetings such as these. Some thought it admirable to extend what should've been a simple sentence or two into an hour's worth of negotiation when in truth, it did nothing but waste the participant's time and patience.
[break][break]
However, when Remiel offered to be direct with his intentions, she hadn't expected it to be quite this tempting.
[break][break]
Leaning forward, the councilwoman's hands clasped into one another, favoring the strength of each other over the neck of mimosa's glass. Her posture mimicked that of a looming wall, tall and fortified to withstand the most severe winds in existence.
[break][break]
"I see. And exactly how reliable is this intel of yours?"
[break][break]
Basically, how did you access this information?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 23:33:14 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
As he might have expected, the councilwoman shows interest in his proposal. The scope of her attention narrows on him with such sharpness, however, that it leaves him feeling like a pagan in the middle of the Paldean Inquisition. He might have expected that, too, considering why she'd been promoted in the first place. But it didn't make sitting under the microscope feel any less uncomfortable.

Nevertheless, he soothes those momentary nerves with another sip of his mimosa before setting the glass down.

"Given my desire to foster trust between myself and League moving forward, I'd say it's in my best interests to ensure that the intel is reliable." The royal responds, his expression as nonchalant and poker-faced as ever. That's not what she's really asking, though, is it?

Sitting with perfect posture, and folding his hands across his lap, Remiel continues. "I spoke with your boyfriend just yesterday, so perhaps you might already know... but for the better half of two years I operated in secret as a Team Rocket ADMIN."

NOTA BENE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 23:12:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There it was.
[break][break]
In comparison to her reaction last night when first told her the news, the slight crumple of her expression was almost nothing. But, still, there was no denying the thick displeasure that lay on her tongue.
[break][break]
But it wasn't the man's allegiance to the terrorist organization that drew this reaction from her, nor the notable position he held within the upper echelon of the organization. What really drove the stake into her backside was the audacity the ambassador had to come here, request a brunch with her as a councilwoman, then use her boyfriend as a means to sweeten her view of him. As if Cian's ties to Rocket still didn't eat away at her. As if, perhaps by some stroke of luck, she'd see Remiel's case no different than how she viewed Cian's.
[break][break]
A victim of circumstances. A good person swept up by bad people.
[break][break]
"Why did you leave?" Frost coated her words, forcing them to be rigid and cold. "What changed?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 7:51:27 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
There's a noticeable shift in her demeanor. Remiel might hazard a guess as to the thoughts brewing in her mind considering the recent name drop. The ex-admin is hardly surprised, though he wonders what the councilwoman might think he hopes to gain from the admission.

"When the world needed humanity at its best, Team Rocket exemplified its worst," The exiled prince calmly explains. "The organization has always harbored a tendency for violence and treachery that I've found distasteful and inelegant, of course. But jeopardizing the fate of our reality exhibited an egregious lack of care that I simply could not abide."

His fingers carefully pluck a toothpick from the tray at the center of the table. Rather than spear a grape or any of the other assorted fruits there with it, however, he distractedly toys with it for a moment. It dances between his fingers soundlessly as he continues. "Truth be told, the hierarchy in Team Rocket has been changing for some time now. I've considered leaving countless times."

NOTA BENE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 17:22:31 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Would his answer suffice? In some ways, it did enough to mend the disposition the councilwoman initially pegged onto him. But, in other ways, it only further clouded the question of whether his words spoke genuine truths, or outright lies.
[break][break]

' the hierarchy in Team Rocket has been changing for some time now.'
[break][break]

Ah.
[break][break]

There it was.
[break][break]

Penelope leaned back into her chair, letting it squeal in discomfort. Her golden eyes remained glued onto his, unwilling to divert it's attention. Even for a second.
[break][break]

"If you were granted dual citizenship, right now, what would you plan to do with it?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 8:18:13 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The twirling of the toothpick between his fingers abruptly stops. The royal takes a moment to think, then spears it through a single green grape in the bowl of mixed fruit between them. "Truthfully? I would set out to do my part for the region and its inhabitants. I would start by handing over the recovered corpse of FATHER WINTER to League scientists."

Thinking about the grotesque corpse in his underground lab, floating in a tank full of preservative fluids, would make most people lose their appetite. The former Admin, however, only takes a brief pause before plucking the grape off his toothpick with his teeth. When he's finished enjoying it, the prince sets the toothpick down and leans back in his seat.

"My support wouldn't stop there, of course. I'm privy to plenty of information regarding Team Rocket that even did not have access to. All I ask is for your consideration after I present all of this to today... can I count on that?"

Cobalt-hues fix on Penelope with firmness. Perhaps even just asking for consideration was too much when they'd only just met. But he hoped she'd look past that and see the value of giving him a chance. After all, when it came down to it, he was certain would consult her and the other council members in deciding his fate with Hoenn.

NOTA BENE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 7:56:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Loyalties are fickle. Whether it be for money, power, greed, or more - it was a war every council member took part in. There's no evading the strain that follows it. The constant uncertainty that drags close behind, turning every ally into a villain, every villain into a potential ally.
[break][break]
A chuckle barked out.
[break][break]
"That's all? You offer such a bargain."
[break][break]
Information for consideration. A deal only two politicians would partake in.
[break][break]
"Well, Remiel, who would I be to deny that?"
[break][break]
Her eyes bore a different answer, however.
[break][break]
Don't fuck me over, they said.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 6:53:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Uprooting himself from TEAM ROCKET was not something he had done lightly. But it was, in fact, in his best interests. If he hoped to have a life in Hoenn that didn't involve rotting away in a jail cell for the rest of it, then he would have to till the soil that was the LEAGUE and plant the seeds of his influence there. Penelope, no doubt, understood.

Though the thought of a former ADMIN planting his seeds within the LEAGUE was no doubt worrying to most. The odds were stacked against him. Distrust was not easy to overcome. It would have to be paid for and disproved beyond doubt.

was no exception.

"That's all," The prince reiterates, gracefully lifting his mimosa glass from the table before leaning back in his chair. Noting that look in her eyes, however, he pauses before taking a sip. "I'm relieved to hear you're amenable to my request, to say the least. With any luck, this won't be the last of our dealings together either."

Raising his glass as if toasting to that distant future, Remiel takes his sip. When the glass meets the table once more, however, he checks his watch and softly exhales.

"That being said, I'm afraid I must take my leave in preparation for the appointment. Thanks again for meeting with me, Miss Livy." He says, standing up before extending a handshake. "We'll keep in touch."

EXIT💠

NOTA BENE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,317 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
NOTA BENE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 23:54:02 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights