awards
4,530 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 15:20:34 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The snowfall was a persistent reminder that the blizzard behind them was approaching as they traveled down ROUTE 111. Dressed in a warm coat and black scarf, walks behind the herd of ESPATHRA they're protecting while a nameless ranger shepherds them from the front. He's thankful to have another trainer back here with him ( ), especially considering the ominous howling they'd heard just moments ago.

Though it eased his mind to have FRIGIDA, his SHINY BAXCALIBUR, stomping along in tow as well.

"The weather is rather nasty this season, isn't it?" He remarks with a refined Galarian accent, shifting his cobalt-blue hues in the man's direction as they trudge through the snow. "Are you a ranger as well? Or another volunteer?"

SNOWSTEPS
MISSION: COLD CARAVAN

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 21:34:20 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

He should have dragged out here with him. He would’ve loved to be trudging through this snowy weather, naturally inclined toward the chill as he is. Lam, on the other hand…[break][break]

Well, he’s cursing his willingness to help out right about now. He tails the herd with another person, happy to not be leading the pack, because he’s lagging a bit. His talonflame, Ziti, drifts above them, ready to prompt any quick thaws should the situation call for it. Plus, his curiosity about the strange espartha helps his motivations along as well.[break][break]

“Yeah, it’s sure something,” he replies, trying to maintain a cheerful tone because he’s happy to not linger in any awkward silence, but Lam can’t help the way it twists in a grumble toward the end. “Though I can’t really say I’ve got experience with this sort of weather.” His own accent, light and Alolan, might be telling of that ineptitude with all this snowy weather.[break][break]

Green eyes shift over to the other man, and he tugs his scarf higher up over his chin. “Oh, I’m just a volunteer. I just wanted to get some more experience with wild pokemon beyond just catching them. Are you? A ranger, I mean.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-talonflame"]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/TYxN6yk7/73-C2-C3-C1-AD17-45-CC-858-B-619858-BEFD6-D.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzob69fc7 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,530 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 22:06:58 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Having visited ALOLA prior, Remiel is familiar with the accent. The young man's disinclination with the cold is not surprising as a result. Hailing from HAMMERLOCKE himself, he is certainly not a stranger to the cold. However, that was not to say that walking through a blizzard was a cakewalk for him either. He'd rather lounge in a Stantler-led carriage than endure this frosty endurance training.

"Volunteer," Remiel responds with a short nod. "As the GALARIAN AMBASSADOR, these sorts of endeavours help inspire unity between our two regions. Good publicity, in other words." Though the chance to observe Paldean Pokémon in this new environment was quite enlightening in and of itself. Turning to the other, he extends a single gloved hand, smiles, and introduces himself.

" at your service."

SNOWSTEPS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 4:21:41 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Brows lift under the flop of green hair, further pressed down against his forehead by the pom-pom hat on his head. An ambassador? “That's pretty nifty! I can see what you mean in the benefit.” Though Lam is by far not an Alolan ambassador. He is most definitely just a dude helping out because he was curious beyond belief about these massive, non-flying birds.[break][break]

Hand extending back, Lam shakes Remiel’s as a lopsided grin tugs the corner of his mouth. “Lam Logan, nice meeting ya.” Though he still wishes it were under warmer circumstances (literally.)[break][break]

His glance drifts upward to check on Ziti, but the talonflame seems to be doing just fine following from the air, so he allows his attention to return to his impromptu volunteer partner.[break][break]

“So, whatcha make of all these espartha? Kinda wild lookin, huh?” That said, Lam also kinda adores them. They’re funky and make weird sounds. What’s not to love?

[break][break]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/TYxN6yk7/73-C2-C3-C1-AD17-45-CC-858-B-619858-BEFD6-D.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzob69fc7 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,530 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 0:36:17 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel chuckles, regarding the snow-pelted Espartha in front of them with a glance. "They carry a particular brand of elegance about them. Their haircut reminds me of my little sister during our childhood. Our nanny used to cut it with a bowl."

Nanny, stylist, bodyguard, cook— in the CALCIFET PALACE the staff were trained to be all sorts of things.

"Are you hoping to catch one? If the Talonflame above is yours, I would guess you might have a preference for bird Pokémon." The royal adds, turning over his shoulder to ensure his Baxcalibur was keeping pace... then briefly spotting an eerie bearded face before it disappears.

SNOWSTEPS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 21:42:54 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Lam nods, green eyes flitting back to the tall birds. “Yeah, they do, don’t they? Sort of enigmatic. In a quirky way.” He is quick to laugh, though, at the mention of bowlcuts.[break][break]

“Hah, yeah, I think my dad used the same trick on my little brother once. He didn’t come out of his room for days, or tried.” Lam remembers begrudging passing snacks through a crack in the door because he couldn’t stand to be seen in such a state.[break][break]

Head tilting to the side, he considers. “I’d love to, though I doubt the rangers on duty would appreciate the disruption all that much.” Not to mention the ripple it might cause among the espartha themselves. Probably better to find one elsewhere. “That’s right, though. Guilty as charged.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,530 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 11:24:43 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
It was nice to be able to share a memory like that with someone who had likely grown up in a completely different sort of environment. For the CROWN PRINCE of Galar, that was rare. So, needless to say, he smiles and enjoys the moment of laughter they share. He'd only just met Lam, but not having his title or background looming over him was a relief. The conversation seemed to flow more freely.

Alas, the moment he might have used to celebrate his correct guess was instead used to ascertain whether he was hallucinating or not. "Wait... did you see that?" He asks, keeping his gaze fixed on where the bizarre bearded face had been. A moment passes... then a cacophony of howls surrounds them so suddenly that the Espartha nearly jump.

'AROOO!'

A pack of hungry MABOSSTIFF emerge from the flurry of white behind them. Remiel counts five of them before his Baxclibur steps forward, inviting them to attack her with a roar. Turning to his partner, he asks: "Are you ready?"

SNOWSTEPS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 23:49:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

This was definitely better now that he has company to chat with. It does well to distract him from the cold seeping through the fabric of his clothes and coat and boots. He’s almost entirely forgotten about the fact that the tip of his nose feels, like, totally numb.[break][break]

But he catches the glimmer of something through the frosty air too and nods, shifting uncomfortably on his feet. “Yeah, what do you thi—“ The bellowing howls cut through his question and it’s quickly answered as the mabostiff make themselves known. A nervous chattering immediately starts up among the herd of espartha.[break][break]

The rangers up ahead are probably going to have to focus on keeping them from scattering apart.[break][break]

“Oh, major yikes.” His expression pulls into a grimace, and maybe that’s an understated reaction, but even then he looks up again and follows it with a sharp whistle that brings his talonflame swooping down. She perches on his outstretched arm, ready for the go ahead.[break][break]

“Yep! Sure am.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,530 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 11:10:42 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Shortly after Lam's confirmation, of course, the large and rather intimidating dogs converge to attack. One of them attempts to HEADBUTT Remiel's Baxcalibur, but is cast backward with a BREAKING SWIPE along with another. Even so, a third manages to bite down on the dragon's tail with a JAW LOCK, keeping it in place as it roars.

Remiel, in the meantime, finds himself targeted by a Mabosstiff of his own. As the Espathra nearby squawk and flee, the large dog launches itself toward the ambassador with a BITE. Thankfully, he manages to swiftly spawn a LIGHTNING BOLT in his hand before casting it. Thunder cracks when it strikes, and the dog crashes into the snow.

SNOWSTEPS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 4:40:40 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

“Oh, they wasted no time, huh?” he practically yelps as the pack descends on them. Lam lifts a hand to his mouth and whistles again– drawing the talonflame down like a fiery missile. One of the canine’s launches into the air with snapping jaws, hoping its BITE drags the talonflame down from the sky. But with cleverly maneuvered ACROBATICS, she twists out of the way and lands a hit on the mabosstiff holding Remiel’s baxcalibur with JAW LOCK.[break][break]

The flames that kick up around the bird do little to soothe the espartha who threaten to scatter. But Lam is distracted from Ziti’s efforts to knock away more mabosstiff with FLARE BLITZ because he’s too busy gawking as Remiel conjures up a bolt of lightning from his hand to use. “Uhhh…what? He blinks a few times, then shakes his head to snap out of it. He definitely can’t do that, so he’s gotta rely on his pokemon. “STEEL WING, Ziti!” Better to minimize extra elements, maybe.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,530 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 9:44:27 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Freed thanks to the intervention of Lam's TALONFLAME, FRIGIDA the Baxcalibur wastes no time in spinning around and casting herself at another dog with a GLAIVE RUSH. The pair are quite the force to be reckoned with, it would seem. And, before long, the dog pack takes note of that as well before fleeing with pitiful yelps.

Defiant with this result, Remiel's Baxcalibur roars and begins stomping through the snow in pursuit. With a sharp whistle, however, the Galarian prompts his dragon to stop. It looks at them with a huff, then relents as it shuffles back.

Turning to his partner in this endeavor, the ambassador releases a relieved exhale. "Are you okay?"

SNOWSTEPS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 2:08:46 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

It feels like it’s almost over as soon as it begins. Remiel’s baxcalibur makes quick work of the dogs. Ziti does as she was previously instructed– forcing some of the canines back with sweeps of feathers that glint steely and metallic.[break][break]

His talonflame seems to be of the same mind as the large dragon-type. She circles the air with warning screeches as the pack of mabosstiff retreats. Eventually, Lam manages to hale her back when the baxcalibur turns back. Arm outstretched, she drifts down to perch there, feathers ruffling irritably.[break][break]

The tension he’d been feeling also begins to recede, and Lam smooths over her feathers with a hand as he turns to regard the other. “Yeah, I’m good. Are you?” He looks ahead to where the rangers that had been leading the effort are now working to calm the agitated espartha. “It’s a good thing they didn’t all scatter.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,530 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 9:35:16 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
"Brilliant," The Galarian remarks with a handsome smile. "I think we've earned ourselves a nice warm drink after all this. But first, we should help the rangers bring the Espartha home." He adds, gesturing towards the rattled flock with a nod.

Though a few of the ostriches dared to run away, however, his Baxcalibur was great to cast a BREAKING SWIPE at the air in front of them. With shocked squawks, they all perform a sharp u-turn before reassembling. Afterward, they all resume their snowy trek on the way to VERDANTURF TOWN.

FIN

SNOWSTEPS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 23:17:28 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

“That sounds great,” he agrees with a laugh. It’s definitely more than earned, and Lam welcomes any opportunity to thaw his frozen nose and toes. Yep. He’s definitely glad the climate of his native Alola is not nearly so frigid. “It’s a plan!”[break][break]

His own attention shifts back to the espartha, and though she’s much smaller in comparison, his talonflame loops in circles around the flock. Acting almost as a herding dog would to keep them reined in and together for the remaining portion of the hike through the icy snow.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
SNOWSTEPS
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2023 5:01:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: