October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
I'm crazy, but you like that; ... I bite back.
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
Mood Lighting [Bar Crawl]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 1:27:47 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","youroc"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

It was just now getting dark, and after a day of working Elaina felt the need to decompress. Sure, she loved being a Ranger, however, she knew that it was nice to have free time to themselves. What's more, is that she had not been to a bar at all since arriving in the Hoenn region. In fact, the last time she was in a bar was back in Unova - Castelia City to be exact. A part of her missed being there, but at the same time, it was rather nice, living on her own. She had ordered her preferred drink - a nice glass of whiskey on the rocks. She didn't have any of her pokemon out with her, however, she did have them in their pokeballs, tucked away in her purse that was sitting on the counter next to her. The TV hanging on the wall was showing some of the latest clips from pokemon battles that featured some of the region's prestigious elite four - powerful pokemon trainers who rarely lost a battle. Personally, Elaina never gave much thought to taking on the major league, specifically, challenging the gyms. Instead, she was more inclined to focus on her work as a Ranger. It was only a few weeks ago that she completed her training and became a Cadet, and going around the region, challenging one gym after the other was too much to handle for the time being. However ... a good pokemon battle did tickle her fancy every once in a while. Just the thought of being in a battle with her ghost pokemon made her want to challenge the gyms, but she simply didn't have the time nor luxury to do so. Not only that, but she only had a few pokemon that lacked the proper training to do so. The only ones that were capable of holding their own would be Ansel, her spiritomb, and Greta, the Hisuian Zoroark that she caught. Despite them being strong, they simply wouldn't be enough to handle that kind of pressure, at least not alone. As she sat there in her own thoughts, she pressed her lips against the glass, taking a small drink, savoring the taste.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] Hope this is good! |

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".youroc"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc"]--accent:#DBDBDB; --speech:#5a189a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .topimg"]background:url(https://img.nickpic.host/CqaxBJ.jpg); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#222; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 3:19:50 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan is walking. He is walking away. He is walking away from his manager, Harry, as he pleads the rock star over a career-ending decision. "Callan, please, if you do this, you'll destroy the band." Callan continues to move regardless of the amount of commotion it made as he walked across the streets of Slateport. "I know." He replied.

"Then don't do this?" Harry's voice is boiling over with rage, barely suppressed by a fever of understanding that this grey haired stubborn fool was his client. "You have people working under you! You have people who owe their livelihoods to your brand, are you going to leave them without jobs?" Callan stood by Howling at the Moon, the bouncer recognizes him and lets him step inside. But before he enters he turns towards Harry. "It'll be better if the Commissioner hears from me, rather than the press blowing up her feed one morning. My mind is made Harry." His ruby red eyes trail towards him, then to the bouncer, "Don't let him come inside."

"Callan, wai--!"

The door shuts behind him, and now he was free to drown his worries with his favorite pastime. Drinking, preferably with a new acquaintance.

His eyes catch Elaina's, Callan smiles and seats himself down beside her at the bar. "Hello." He greets, resting an arm against the table as he calls the bartender over. "Care to have a drink with a stranger? Or are you waiting on someone?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 6:20:44 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","youroc"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Elaina was hearing a commotion at the front door to the bar. She glanced over for a second, seeing two guys arguing while she took yet another sip from her glass. The guy named Harry seemed upset, while the other seemed to have made up his mind about a decision, which was basically the long-story-short scenario. She casually looked away, not wanting it to seem like she was snooping on their conversation, despite the fact that everyone sitting or standing near the front door could hear them arguing. After almost finishing her glass, the gentlemen who walked into the bar first, ending the argument, ended up sitting next to Elaina at the counter. Just as he spoke, she turned her head to face him with a soft smile pressed against her lips. "I wouldn't mind. And nope, just me," She said, trying to not make it sound so depressing. "Figured that I finally deserved some me-time. That, and It's my first time in Hoenn. It feels like there's a lot to see and do, yet time is so fleeting," She said, mainly referring to her work. Sure, being a Ranger was nice. She was able to journey around the region - see what the region had to offer, but work was still work. There was no luxury involved - not being able to just take it all in peacefully. The only time she was able to do that was when she actually wasn't even working, but being a ranger to her meant working even when she wasn't. Being there, helping pokemon as well as people who needed it was, in its own little way, a gift of its own.

[break][break]

Elaina had decided that her new year's resolution would be able to enjoy her own freedom as an independent woman. Growing up back at home in the Unova region made her realize that she had it super easy growing up. Her father was a prestigious Unovan war veteran, her late mother was a well-known businesswoman in Castelia, while she was ... well, spoiled. During her travels as a pokemon trainer in her own homeland had made her come to realize just how easy she had it, and now that she was on her own, she decided that changing herself was something important to her, long before the new year was around. The only thing was though, she could finally about making that change, and so, she declared it as her new year's resolution - to not be the frilly little girl that she used to be - a girl who was given everything she needed, rather than getting it for herself.

[break][break]

"Name's Elaina, by the way. What's yours?" She asked, deciding to want to get to know the gentleman who decided to grace her with his presence. When she realized that her glass of whiskey was empty, she decided that it was time for a new drink. "I'll take a Sazerac, please." She said to the bartender that was called over. "What about you? Same drink?" She asked the gentleman. As she was finally taking the time to see him, she couldn't help but feel like he was familiar? She thought to herself, trying to figure out where exactly she saw his face before, only to be drawing blanks.

[attr="class","ooc"] I think I did that prompt right x.x |

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".youroc"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .topimg"]background:url(https://img.nickpic.host/CqaxBJ.jpg); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".youroc .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#222; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 13:58:28 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Great," Callan replies, he slides a clean ashtray between the both of them, preparing for a longer conversation. Hoenn was not exactly safe, but with the borders returning, perhaps some of the air of interest and adventure called to a few.

"Callan." He replied, offering a handshake before the bartender was called over. "I'd love to try it out." Callan gestured 'two' with his fingers to the bartender, who gave the curtest of nods before mixing the drink for them. His eyes return to Elaina. "It's your first time in Hoenn but it seems like you've been busy," Callan began, "What brings you over to Hoenn?" She certainly seemed to be here on more than just touring the locale.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 20:19:14 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Elaina held her smile as the gentleman who asked to sit by her greeted himself as Callan. "It's very nice to meet you, Callan," She said, accepting his handshake. Just from the moment they started talking, Callan seemed like a man who was kind, which for her, was uncommon in a bar setting. The guys who frequently entered a bar back home in Castelia were pigs, in all honesty. It was nice to see a change like that. When their drinks came, she grabbed the glass, beginning to take a drink as Callan spoke once more. It was obvious that she definitely was new to Hoenn, especially when she walked in here tonight. "Yes, I was in the training program to become a Ranger. Just finished my training a few weeks ago, been doing a few assignments here and there. I was stationed in Mauville, which is convenient for me since that was where I was living before I started my training. I Moved here from the Unova region," She paused taking another drink before continuing.

[break][break]

"I figured it was time to start living my own life. Don't get me wrong, I love my father, but I couldn't stand not making something of myself, ya know? I figured it was time to get a job and, even though the military definitely wasn't a thing for me, I still wanted to make a difference in the world, and that's why I decided to become a Ranger," She said, confiding in Callan who was technically a stranger since had only just met. But, he seemed nice, so spilling the beans about herself didn't seem so bad in her opinion. "What about you? What do you do on daily basis, job-wise?" She asked him. She didn't want to bring up the conversation he had with that guy he was talking to a few minutes ago. That seemed like a dangerous can of worms to open, and so, out of respect, she figured that she would tread lightly as far as that went. "By the way," She said, pausing to take another drink of her beverage, slightly feeling the alcohol, "Your face seems ... familiar? Have you been on TV before?" She asked him, which was more than likely out there, but he seemed like someone she saw on TV from time to time.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 16:11:51 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Pleasure's all mine Elaina." Callan replied, as they shake. Callan soon moves his Sazerac, though he waits for his sip as she speaks. "I'm a Ranger too." He comments, "I was at least, they're a good bunch. A bit chaotic, at times, but they're good people for the most part."

So many moving parts to this conversation, it was hard to keep track. Callan tried his best, though a few slipped his mind. "I think these things have a way of sorting themselves out in time, even if it doesn't seem that way in the beginning." Callan offered those words, though at the time he had gone through Elaina's experience, he hadn't necessarily believed it either. "There's no need to rush into it, in my opinion. But if you enjoy Ranger work, it's always good to have another, it's difficult and rewarding, if dangerous."

"Oh, me?" Callan replied, knowing where this was going to. He waits for her to begin the recognition. "I have, a few times actually." He smiles. At first he was uncomfortable with the recognition, now it was an everyday feature. "I'm a musician, I've been one for my whole life. But it's only recently that I became a celebrity. So you might have seen me on billboards or magazines." He pauses, "Alternatively I also work in the Pokemon League as a member of the Elite Four, though I'm quite honestly new to the role." He raises his glass to Elaina. "Cheers, to a new friendship."

Callan states, as he raises his glass to clink to hers. "Do you listen to metal music?" Callan sips the Sazerac, it is bitter with complexity, and the simply syrup helps the flavor. A strange cocktail, he prefered his cognac straight, but perhaps he just needed to adjust to it.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 20:02:57 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Elaina was impressed by the conversation that the two of them were having. Callan used to be a former Ranger. He seemed to hold those within the field in the utmost regard. However, it was then that Elaina regretted asking her later question about him possibly being on TV, as Callan seemed to be slightly uncomfortable with her asking. However, he reluctantly came to tell her that he was one of the Hoenn Region’s recent addition to the Elite Four, as well as stating that he had been a musician as well his whole life. However, Elaina actually liked the aspect of him being a musician rather than being a member of the Elite Four, and not because he was famous in that regard. Sure she liked battling and music, but she could hardly call herself ‘good’ at it. As for music, it was just a hobby that fascinated her to no end, being able to play a piano just right, to tuning a guitar - something about it just exhilarated her. She also occasionally liked to sing whenever she could. After a bit of mental deliberation, Elaina hummed slightly before lifting the glass of Sazerac to her lips, taking a sip before speaking. She decided to avoid talking about his recent profession as a member of the Elite Four and focus on what she deemed more fitting.

[break][break]

“I like music as well,” She said, taking another small sip of her beverage.

[break][break]

“I remember when I was a little girl, learning how to play the piano on the weekends. I still play from time to time whenever I can,” She finished, having a face of nostalgia washing over her as she talked. She had the image of herself in her head as a little girl with her adorable smile, being able to create a tune by pressing on the keys that fit together in harmony. That time was … precious to her. It was when her mother was alive, being able to smile back at her.

[break][break]

Elaina then snapped out of the daydreaming of her piano lesson days when Callan spoke again. She continued to smile and said, “To a new friendship, indeed,” and with that, their two glasses gently collided together, making a distinct clink, before they took a drink together. When Callan asked if she liked metal, she immediately spoke up and said, “I do, actually. There’s one band who has recently added a dubstep aspect to their music, which was different, but all in all, I like it equally enough.” She said. In fact, rock and roll, metal, some R&B, as well as some songs created by cover artists were what she would only listen to. She was repulsed by Country music. Some hip-hop and rap artists were okay in a way, but it wasn’t necessarily her thing. She also liked Classical music - orchestral pieces. They were just so surreal, and most if not all of them were powerful in the notes that were played. To her, they conveyed what couldn’t be put into words.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2023 17:41:48 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"That's good to know." Callan began, as he listened to Elaina speak about her relation to music. "I feel it, I think most people are interested in music if it delivers an emotional hit. Which I completely get. Unfortunately I never felt it much for dubstep myself."

Music for Callan was a medium of self-exppression. While he wasn't a major proponent of musical theory, being able to peel back layers of music and appreciate the intentions behind the artist has always been a past time of his.

"I'd like to hear you play sometime. Maybe we can have a jam session." Callan said, smiling. "But maybe not after we've had some alcohol. When we're more sober." He chuckles. His eyes flicker towards Elaina's eyes, nose and mouth, then back to her eyes. "Are you single, Elaina?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 21:11:00 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Elaina felt like she could go on for hours with Callan, just talking about music; nothing else. Right after the two of them had taken a drink together, Elaina was feeling the Alcohol more. "Man, how long has it been since I've sat down and had a drink?" she thought to herself, despite already knowing the answer to that question. However, she didn't mind the sensation. She felt comfortable, which was probably due to her holding a conversation with Callan. "I'd actually like that. And definitely. My coordination is definitely not the greatest afterward," She chuckled. She couldn't even imagine how the piano would sound, playing it while intoxicated. That was when he dropped a rather peculiar question of his own. She was kind of surprised that he'd ask her that, but then again, she had to remind herself that she did kinda drop an uncomfortable question for him to answer ...

[break][break]

"Single as a pringle, unfortunately," She said, trying to be composed when she was trying to hide the fact that she was still shocked. "And ... what about you?" She hesitated, not sure if she should ask that question. However, he brought it up first, so might as well indulge it in some shape or form. Elaina had a ... very unique experience, dating men ... and not in a good way. The last guy she dated turned out to be not-so-very nice. However, the poor guy learned the hard way that she wasn't some piece of property when he grabbed her arm. he also learned how well she was at martial arts. "It was a good thing my dad taught me how to physically defend myself," She thought to herself, taking another drink of her Sazerac. Despite the drink being finished and getting to her a bit, she called out to the bartender, politely asking for another one. She was curious about what made him want to ask her, though.

[break][break]

It's not that she wasn't flattered for being hit on by other guys. It was just that every guy she dated turned out to be something that they weren't. After that, she just decided that she'd focus on herself. However, every once in a while, she pictures herself wanting to have a relationship. Settle down, and have a family. It was natural for anyone to think about and want that. No one wants to be alone for the rest of their lives. It was nice to have - want something more in that aspect.

[attr="class","ooc"] didn't forget to tag you this time! |

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 4:26:55 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan watched as he struggled with the affirmation, either she was inexperienced with dating or she had experiences with men that made her uncomfortable with the idea of being with another. He didn't want to cause any drama, he was simply here as an adult looking to have fun. But if that's not something she was looking for, Callan would have to clarify his own position to her.

"I'm not looking to commit to anyone." Callan replied. "At least not for now." Callan chuckled as he sipped the rest of his Sazerac. He asks the bartender to pour another round for him. "But why not? You're a gorgeous girl, you'd probably have people interested in you." Callan queried. "What are you looking for?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 22:24:18 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Elaina was honestly relieved when Callan stated that he wasn't looking to commit to anything just yet. When he asked her why not, she adjusted herself in her seat before speaking. "I've had some interesting dating experiences back home in the Unova Region, and not really in a good way," She paused, taking another drink of her newly-made Sazerac. "It's not that I'm flattered when guys hit on me, its just ... I'm not looking to commit to anything either ... or at least, not until I feel ready to get out there again," She said, explaining to him. It was clear that he'd understand because he said the exact same thing. He was looking for commitment, and neither was she. "That doesn't mean I don't have fun when I can though. I may like being a Ranger, but there are times when you just gotta relax and take a breather - enjoy a nice alcoholic drink, ya know?" She said, slightly rolling the glass in her hand, while also making sure to not spill it everywhere.

[break][break]

"If I were looking for a man though, I'd ... I'd want him to respect me, and my Ghost pokemon," She said, taking another drink. The men she used to date always had one problem, and that was that they all were disgusted by her ghost pokemon. They wouldn't even give themselves to learn to accept them, let alone learn about them. If people were to accept Ghost-type pokemon just like any other kind of pokemon, then the world would be just a little bit nicer in her opinion. Ghost pokemon can be scary, yes, but they are actually one of the most neglected kinds of pokemon out there all because of what they now are. That's how most of her relationships ended anyway because of that. Every guy saw her Ghost pokemon and well, things just turned sour after that.

[break][break]

"I'd want someone in my life who not only respects me, but I also want someone who'd respect them too," she said, looking back at her purse, seeing Ansel's Pokeball sticking out from the top. She loved her pokemon more than anything in the world, and if someone she dated couldn't go through with that, then honestly, it would be for the best to cut ties with them.

[attr="class","ooc"] |

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 17:03:15 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidelongcredits"]
[attr="class","sidelong"]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

[attr="class","border-box"]
[attr="class","image-space"]

[attr="class","text-space"]

Callan nods as if in understanding. But in truth, he could only surmise based on his own personal experience. A clink in his glass indicated that the Sazerac's ice began to melt over the remainder of the cocktail, and so he sipped the rest of it and slide a bill underneath it. [break][break]

"I think I understand, you want to take your time in making sure you have the right person." Callan replied, interpreting it as if it were his own lens. The problem, and the curse of looking for perfection, was that perfection did not exist. [break][break]

And more importantly for him, it was not going to fill the hole in the void for him, the one which had distorted the memories of his former wife into something that was no longer a real person. Callan cuts off his train of thought as he returns back to reality. [break][break]

"Shall we take a walk?" Callan asked, standing up and offering a hand to her. "Anything's better than trying to get to know another person over blasting techno music. There's a frozen yogurt store nearby, shall we head there?"

[attr="class","headerbox"]

callan young +

made by gimmick

[googlefont=Playfair Display][googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #191919; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); --accentRGB: 42, 34, 92; --accent: #fff [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; text-align: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #191919; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: justify; font: 14px/18px 'Playfair Display'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #ccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong i] font-weight: 400; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h2, .sidelong h3] margin: 0; font: inherit [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-horizontal] width: 4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #191919 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 21:41:52 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Elaina's Sazerac was once again gone as Callan had spoken. Despite the alcohol sensation flowing through her body, she was able to still listen as well as being coherent. If she weren't conversing with Callan, then chances of her being more under the influence would have been more likely, something that she knew she'd regret the next morning. In fact, it was nice, talking to someone as nice as him. "Exactly. Plus, I feel like it'd be better this way." she smiled, setting her empty glass on the table, the ice almost fully melted. She slid her purse over to her, pulled out her wallet, deciding to pay for her own drinks. That was when Callan had asked her if she wanted to go for a walk.

[break][break]

"I would like that." she smiled brightly, accepting his hand to help her up from the bar stool she sat on. "I agree with you on that one. Plus, It gives us the opportunity to talk more about music in a more peaceful setting," she added, while they walked towards the exit. What's more, was that she had heard about Slateport's numerous frozen yogurt stores, and figured that this would be a great time to try out some of their selections. Once they were outside, the slightly cold air that washed over her made her hum with relief. It was a lot better than the stuffy warmth the bar gave.

[break][break]

Just as soon as they started walking toward the frozen yogurt, she wondered what kinds of pokemon Callan liked. "Did he prefer a specific typing, or did he like all kinds of pokemon equally?" she wondered while the two of them walked beside one another. Elaina had mentioned that she liked Ghost pokemon, but Callan hadn't mentioned his personal favorite. Then again, with him being an Elite Four, he probably didn't like to talk about such a thing all too much. Still, it made her just a tad curious.

[attr="class","ooc"] Hope this isn't too short! |

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 8:54:47 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan clasped his fingers against hers as they headed out. The Froyo store was about two to three streets away, and the interior decoration was that of milk and honey.

The Froyo in this particular store was actually flavored with the natural honey of Combee based on different types of berries and flowers. The interior was a warm deep orange with naked bulbs that gave the feel of the location a much more mature, hipster-coffee mannerism than the typical import brands from Kanto.

"I recommend the sea salt vanilla froyo." Callan suggested, though ultimately he wasn't really particular with his choice. They seated themselves down on a small cushioed side partition, a menu was provided, as was two cups of cold water.

"Lemme know when you're ready to order." In the meantime, as she perused the menu, he asked her a little more. "I take it your parents and you didn't exactly see eye to eye, and that's why you came over here?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 13:46:53 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

As Elaina entered the Froyo store, she silently admired the interior design. Sure, the milky and honey-like colors that decorated the place weren’t necessarily her favorite colors, however, they made the place feel humble and inviting as customers walked in and saw the place. “The Froyo stores back home in Castelia would be put to shame if they knew this place existed,” Elaina had said, looking around as the two of them started to sit down together. Even the chairs were comfier too. Elaina remembered how the metal chairs at the Froyo store down the street from her family home had frequent complaints about the chairs, saying that the metal would jab into people’s sides while they sat in them.

[break][break]

After a brief moment of them sitting down, Callan recommended the sea-salt vanilla froyo, which she had actually spotted on the menu that was given to them, along with their glasses of water. “I’ll give it a shot. Truth be told, I’ve never had Froyo with all-natural ingredients before. Castelia’s restaurants aren’t necessarily notorious for the nutritional value of their food,” Elaina had admitted, as she continued gliding through the menu, scanning it with her eyes.

[break][break]

“Will do. Honestly, there are so many flavors, it might actually be hard for me to choose for a change,” She joked as she continued looking through the menu. After a few minutes, Callan asked Elaina another question about herself. “My dad, yeah. He and I had a falling out - something that I admittedly started,” She said, sounding not too proud of it. She still loved her father, but a part of her knew that he was keeping information about her mothers death out of earshot from her.

[break][break]

It was a year ago when the Castelia Dock Murders took place. Her mother who worked for the trading dock company was there that night, and was murdered along with everyone else … It was a tragedy that should have never taken place. Sure, Castelia had crime here and there, but it was never on that kind of scale before. The people were scared of being out at night ever since the massacre occurred, and who could blame them?

[break][break]

Elaina, being herself, wanted to know more about why her mother had been killed that night. Her father and Castelia’s police chief would frequently talk to one another, which led her to believe that he knew something about it. What exactly, she didn’t know. When she had confronted her dad about it, the conversation turned into an argument between the two of them - something Elaina came to eventually regret, since she caused it. Both of them were in mourning around that time, which in the heat of the moment, Elaina did not think of despite knowing at the time. It took some doing to apologize to her dad, but regardless he had accepted his daughter’s apology nonetheless.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700][/quote]