March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Calm Before the Storm [M][C/Lia]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 5:47:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
In a small park on the outskirts of Fallarbor Town, one of the few places that had any kind of greenery, Shalin was at a bench, reminiscing about her long journey to get to where she was. Letheia, her Alolan Ninetales, seemed to be enjoying the cold weather this far north. While it wasn't that of a Johtonian winter, the cool fall day made her wear the long-sleeved version of her green Ranger uniform despite not being on duty that day. It was the only long-sleeved set of clothes she had, and they were difficult to procure locally due to excessively high demand from Kyurem's incursion into Hoenn.

Letheia, Kiara, Rielle, and Starr, four of Shalin's most intrepid exploration partners, were all in good spirits as Shalin spread her eight Medallions across a well-worn, wooden picnic table. The Vaporeon let out a yelp, catching part of her riding gear around one of the table's corners. "You okay, Rielle?" Shalin asked, freeing the long-tailed water-type from the makeshift snare. She nodded, her trainer drying her hands with a small towel. While sitting in the saddle of her HYDRATION-covered body was great in the summer, it was asking to catch a cold in the winter.

{WC: 203}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Letheia       A!Ninetales    Good
Rielle        Vaporeon       Good
Starr         Espeon**       Good
Kiara         Pyroar-F       Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 23:11:37 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt4"]
[attr="class","main"]

A huge, golden Pidgeot touches ground at the outskirts of Fallarbor Town, its wingspan enviable and its expression full of pride. Amelia Livy, the Pidgeot's trainer, jumps off its back in a well practiced motion, and following closely after, so does the adorable little Eevee had once given her — who now kept her company during the flight.
[break][break]
Most of Lia's work takes place at distant and isolated locations, and today, on her way back to Petalburg City, she had decided to stop by Fallarbor Town for the sake of allowing Otto some rest.
[break][break]
It's meant to be a short break, so she keeps her gear on the Pidgeot, as well as the complex compound bow for which many know the once Kyūdō champion.
[break][break]
"Do you want some snacks, Otto?" Lia smiles, petting the enormous bird-of-prey. Yet, while she's busy with looking after her ace, the little Eevee notices a group of pokémon nearby, and ever a curious one, he decides to approach them, wagging his tail.
[break][break]
As would perhaps notice, he wears a brown leather collar with the engraved name "EON".

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ Bond Bridge

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.awt4] --accent: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.awt4 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.awt4 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.awt4 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.awt4 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt4 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 18:48:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Rielle let out a coo, directing her trainer's attention toward a young-looking Eevee whose tail was floating back and forth. "Aww, look! I think the little one's looking for a new friend!" Shalin observed aloud, the Vaporeon crouching to make it easier to keep eye contact with the smaller Normal-type. As the two were at play, the explorer noticed the collar and identifying engravement on it.

"Is Eon your name?" Shalin softly asked, taking a look around for the Pokémon's owner. Though she saw a geared-up Pidgeot that reminded her of Zuh, her own Pokémon of the same species, the giant bird was obscuring her vision of his trainer. She stood up, stacked her medallions and took them with her, taking a look around where the Pidgeot was roosting. Kiara walked alongside her in case things escalated, though the Pokémon seemed well-behaved enough that she didn't expect anything to go wrong.

{WC: 154}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 7:09:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Sometimes, she wonders if the glow that Illumina pokemon have function like glow-in-the-dark strips. As she holds onto Cait to prevent her from tumbling off Reiner's back, Eris can't help but expose the Eevee to sunlight every now and then, watching carefully for any kinds of changes in her patterns.[break][break]

Until Cait finally has enough of simply sitting around, squirming and kicking until she manages to slip out of the girl's grasp. Landing with a quiet thud, the little Eevee rolls over back onto her feet and starts running down the path with a hop, skip and a jump. And she scampers quite a distance, her full running speed causing her to smack right into a rather large Alolan Ninetales.[break][break]

Reiner manages to close the distance with a few lengthy strides, stopping gracefully as Eris quickly hops off his back, kneeling down to pick the poor Eevee up.[break][break]

"You okay there? Sorry about that... Cait's a little hyper compared to all my other Eevees. Probably cos she's the youngest and all!"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 1:15:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Letheia slid to a sudden stop after the brightly-glowing Illumina Eevee ran into her, startling her. She reared in fright, Shalin's knuckles turning white as the gripped her mount with all the strength she had, expecting the ice-type to go into one of her bucking frenzies typical after being scared. Kiara let out a warning roar, which was followed by the sound of the drone of an insect's wings. Behind Shalin flew a Queen Beedrill that was, just like the Alolan Ninetales, excessively large for its species. The Beedrill was even wearing a saddle. Who would be brave enough, or foolish enough, to try to ride a Beedrill, even if it was big and strong enough to carry someone? This short, green-ette, apparently. Wait, were they all ride Pokémon?

Once the Beedrill landed, all three Pokémon greeted Eris and the Eevee as Shalin introduced herself and made small talk about Cait. "I've never seen an Eevee like that, and I've raised several myself! Name's Shalin, the wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn! These three are some of my closest Pokémon: Letheia under me, then Kiara next to me. Behind me is Queen Zing, She's the nicest, friendliest Beedrill you'll ever meet!" As if to say hello on her own, she would wave the flat of her foreleg sting toward Eris.

{WC: 224}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 12:43:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She very much remembers some of the names mentioned, having to clean up after their messes in the forest and spend a few more days to ensure the ecosystem was tapped back into balance. Yes, she had warned her about taking care before the challenge, but in the end, she can't quite blame her for doing what she did in the moment.[break][break]

Still, she mustn't dwell on the past that doesn't belong to her. Scratching behind Cait's ears gets the little Eevee to stop squirming as much, her glowy markings practically invisible under the sun's glare.[break][break]

"An Eevee like what?" She raises a brow, shifting her arm to better support the critter in her embrace. "Hyper? I would've guessed there'd be plenty of hyper Eevees running around in the wild and all? Different personalities and all?"

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 3:55:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"That glow!" Shalin answered, referring to the Illumina phenomenon but having no idea what the name was. "I've never seen anything like that before! It looks so... beautiful. So breathtaking." Even the Pokémon she had out of their Balls were entranced by the playful Eevee. She blinked and turned to face Eris. When she looked back at the Eevee, it looked like an ordinary Eevee, perhaps just a bit big for its kind. "I could have sworn I saw something. Maybe it was just me?"

Letheia tried to impress the Eevee glow with a discharge of her DAZZLING GLEAM on its very lowest setting: just a bright flash, with no capability to harm. It might have agitated Kiara a little, but Queen Zing didn't seem to mind. "What's your name?" she asked. "You seem like a nice, young lady!" She withdrew Queen Zing for a much less noisy Pokémon: Starr, her shiny ride Espeon, who was quick to converse with the Illumina Eevee.

{WC: 134}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 4:51:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Dunno what glow you'rereferring to. Cait's... pretty normal, I think. I guess the only... real thing that might change it is how I groom her? I don't know whether that makes any difference."[break][break]

The Eevee is by no means big for its kind. In fact, it barely grazes the surface of what one would deem a normal size. Whether or not that's due to the infinity energy said to be circulating through its body is a theory left to be tested another day.[break][break]

"Eris. Nice to meet you, I think?" She offers no more details to a stranger, merely cocks her head as she watches the interactions between pokemon and the swap. Though done at the lowest of powers, Cait seems stunned by the Dazzling Gleam, squeaking as she slides and skitters to hide behind Reiner. And the shiny Espeon that hops out seems to far dwarf the Eevee in size, earning a soft snort from Reiner as he tries to nudge Cait out from behind his legs.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:54:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"I must have just been seeing things," Shalin sheepishly shrugged. "Cait's well-behaved and well-raised. Have you decided what you want to evolve them into, if at all?" she tried to make small talk with the young lass as Letheia's light show seemed to spook the little one. "It's okay!" the young Ranger-to-be spoke in a soft voice to try to comfort the small Pokémon. "She didn't mean any harm!"

The Luxray that Cait was hiding behind was fierce-looking. "Your Luxray looks very well-raised and strong, too. Certainly a Pokémon I wouldn't want to lock horns with." Starr would also attempt to mentally greet the Luxray, sharing stories of the many misadventures she had been on with her trainer. "Where are you headed, if I may ask? I've got to go back up to the Shark's Maw on top of Meteor Falls. There's been new rumors flying around about that place, and I want to investigate."

{WC: 157}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 9:39:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Well-behaved and well-raised... That's a weird set of compliments to arrive at after only having seen Cait for a few minutes, but such is the way of small talk, right?[break][break]

"You'll be all right, Cait..." She kneels down, offering the Eevee a few quick scratches behind the ears. But it isn't long until another clamours for her attention, the Luxray huffing as he nudges his head into her side. "And well, Reiner's seen his fair share of battles."[break][break]

Just not quite the typical battles that one might expect.[break][break]

Unable to reciprocate the psychic waves, Reiner graces the Espeon with a brief tilt of his gaze, then a small nod. Sure the stories she share may been interesting but perhaps, those stories are directed to the wrong one out of the trio.[break][break]

"Never heard of Shark's Maw. I just planned on taking a walk for a bit and see where things go." If something seemed interesting in the moment, she may as well pursue it. "Since we're already here, what kind of rumours though?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 1:30:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When asked about the Shark's Maw, Shalin deeply sighed. "Oh, boy, where to even start?" Letheia let out a coo of her own when Shalin mentioned the place; that dragon shrine was her place to shine. "I first discovered it when the Space-Time Distortion over Meteor Falls appeared. Then, some months later, I came back there with to excavate this from within a buried labyrinth dedicated to dragonkind." Digging into her backpack, she pulled out a purple medallion the size of her hand, on one face an etching of the Skylord, Rayquaza. "There's eight of these throughout Hoenn, and I've tracked down seven of them. The eighth one is in such a remote and dangerous location that I'm not comfortable going there alone."

Finding that Reiner and Cait may not have preferred direct mental communication, Starr began to physically speak to them using the Pokémon language instead, repeating parts of the story so both of them could hear clearly. "Remember when all the new Pokémon started popping up in Hoenn after Meteno? Supposedly most of the dragon Pokémon set up their nests around or inside the place, and there's a whole subterranean level that's opened up since. I want to take a look and see if there's any treasure that will help my dragon Pokémon up there!" Of course, the true treasure was not an object of worth, but the thrill of discovery.

{WC: 238}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 8:09:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The fact that has never told her of such a place comes as somewhat of a surprise, though she does figure that dragon shrines fall more under 's domain. Maybe she should call up her old archaeology partner for a quick run sometime - If a space-time distortion doesn't eat it up of course.[break][break]

"Isn't that kinda like... stealing from a dragon's hoard though?" She scrunches her nose, listening to the tale and not quite knowing what to think of that medallion. If anything, she can't help but feel just that tad bit disappointed. And perhaps, Cait senses those emotions stirring within her chest, gently kneading her ankles as if those feelings might melt away.[break][break]

"Or at least, you're knowingly intruding on their nests. That's definitely gonna make them angry. Momma told me that the best adventurers are those who pursue the unknown, but also respect the many lives that we may cross paths with - Both humans and pokemon."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 5:57:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though Eris did have a point, Shalin had already crossed that bridge. Each of the seven sanctuaries she had visited were guarded by a fierce Pokémon... or in some cases, more than one. "Letheia here was actually a guardian of one of those seven medallions before I caught her. She's one tough Ninetales." If her giant size was any indicator of her strength, then she had to be in the top one percent. Shalin knew; when trying to hunt this behemoth down, she had bucked her off twice. Even in play, the Ninetales was more than capable of unseating her trainer.

" and I only took what we needed to survive, as well as the Medallion. You're right... might be better just to plan on having a look around."
It was good to know where a nice supply of Mago Berries and Haban Berries grew, particularly the latter. Having a solid crop of those handy would be very helpful for their properties to weaken oncoming attacks of dragon Pokémon. "I just worry about... all the calamities in Hoenn. I want to do my part to keep Hoenn safe. After I captured Letheia, I could tell she wouldn't want to accept any other trainer. She wants to see what happens when all eight are gathered in their rightful place: the Halls of Origin."

The Halls of Origin may have been a name familiar to Eris through Team Rocket. It was underneath Sootopolis, after all, and several Rockets had been spying on her when she and SASHA LIVINGSTONE made their way into the undersea cave leading to its grey walls. Perhaps she would be one of the reasons would take interest in tailing her into the sacred grounds sealed for centuries...

{WC: 292}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 0:49:13 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The Cave of Origins is most certainly not a name unfamiliar to her, having been around Sootopolis as much as she has. Whatever the Hall of Origin may be, if it even exists to begin with, it's right at the heart of Rocket operations.[break][break]

"If you really wanted to keep Hoenn safe, you would know better than to do those sorts of things in Rocket's view. It's clear she holds the idea in distaste, for the methods that Shalin seems to have used and the lines that she's already crossed are more than indicative of the careless way she handles her expeditions. Scooping the Eevee up into her arms, Eris readies to take her leave, but not before casting Shalin one final glance.[break][break]

"Prepare yourself a little better before you head there. Whatever awaits you won't be kind."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 22:04:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Eris' concerns were totally understandable; while she and Sasha had managed to sidestep security the last time they were there, they would almost certainly have a harder time re-entering the Halls of Origin, especially with cargo with energy signatures as detectable as those of the Medallions of Eight. If they were looking out for her, getting in undetected would prove to be almost impossible. If she was able to make it inside, there was also the fear of being tailed by Rocket. That may have been far more problematic. "Not like I have a choice where the place is located," she sighed. "If it means doing my part to protect Hoenn..." she trailed off, unsure where she was going with that sentence.

She shook her head at Eris' parting remark. "The sentiment's appreciated, Eris! I know it's going to be more dangerous than anywhere I've been before, but it has to be done. You've been a pleasure. Hopefully I'll see you around!" With that, she waved goodbye to Cait, the trainers headed their separate ways.

{WC: 175}
{PC: 8}