snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 19:25:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]with her feelers out in the form of requests for explorers, she manages to snag an interested party of familiarity.

and it doesn't take long for her to issue a request for a meeting, delivered by a familiar golurk to one .

she marks littleroot town as their destination, with the rift peering down at them with ominous eyes. if she didn't know better, she'd swear it could see all, as if it was an omniscient and sentient being waiting for their next move.

what a foreboding thought.

her expression brightens at the sight of shalin's face. it has been a while since their last meeting, perhaps.

"thank you for coming!"

her eyes scan the area around them briefly before returning to this side of reality.

"i hope the journey treated you well?"

behind her, the rift ripples slightly in its existence. persistent, as if it refuses to be drowned out by feeble conversations of a human nature.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 9:15:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin remembered the battleground that was Littleroot Town far too well. So did Queen Zing, the Beedrill buzzing unusually loud and angrily. It was as though her Pokémon considered the town and surrounding area a hunting ground now, ready to rematch at a moment's notice. Even the BEEDRILLITE in her saddle was glowing, as though she wanted to Mega Evolve and at least wreak havoc on something. "It's okay, girl, it's okay," her rider said in a motherly voice that only the mount could likely heard.

The distinct sound of Beedrill wings buzzing was the best advance sign was getting of Shalin's arrival at Littleroot. She landed on the green close to where the Primal Point was located, "Now you behave, okay?" she requested as she slid down from the insect's saddle. "Professor! There you are," she greeted Illeana, the one who had helped her understand a lot more about Alpha Pokémon and why the large Pokémon on her team behaved the way they did. "Other than Queen Zing giving me a bit of trouble, it was uneventful. I still think she's got some resentment toward being here. She fought here hard that day. Probably instinct."

That was in the past, though. She had to have been called here for another reason. "What do you need me for?" she asked the scientist.

{WC: 227}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Starr         Espeon**       Good
Letheia       Ninetales      Good
Rielle        Vaporeon       Good
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 0:30:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her expression brightens at the sound of beedrill wings. they're a familiar signal of their rider's presence.

and when shalin joins her, she is stepping closer to be heard over the rift's demanding presence.

"i'm glad to hear you're both well after the events of littleroot."

she can still see the reports when she blinks. burned into the mind's eye, persistent even when she tries to sleep. the landscape around them bleeds what little context is missing from the reenactments with a purpose: a once quaint town has been eroded with acts of war.

"ah, right!"

her smile almost turns sheepish. she had, truthfully, gotten a little distracted with thoughts of littleroot's recent history.

"i have a request to ask of you."

a pause rises and passes just as quickly as it comes.

"if you're willing, of course."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 21:27:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The silence from the scientist was telling; she, too, must have had personal investment in the Littleroot operation. Just as she was about to answer, she felt the tingle of vibration as Queen Zing buried her front legs in the dirt and started buzzing, drowning out their conversation. Shaking her head, she withdrew the noisy insect. "Sorry about that. I think she's still a bit traumatized about being here." She instead send out a saddle-wearing Vaporeon comparable in height to the small, green-haired female. "This is Rielle." The water-type smiled and waved a paw toward Illeana.

"What is it? I'm all ears." Her curiosity was piqued. "Have to return the favor for you teaching me so much about Alpha Pokémon." Even the Vaporeon tilted her head, likewise curious to see where Illeana intended to take them.

{WC: 137}
{PC: 1}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 2:43:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]muscles in her face usher in an understanding sort of expression. soft in the way a smile forms, empathetic around the edges.

"no need to apologize. i don't blame her."

the beedrill is swapped out for a vaporeon. and as the water dog waves a paw at her, she can't help but return the wave with a small one of her own. her mind lingers a moment longer on the beedrill's feelings before thoughts fade and shift into a new topic.

"i'm gathering volunteers to gather information about the rifts for me."

her eyes are laser focused when they redirect onto shalin. in a way, she's overly analytical, searching for signs of refusal. despite the subconscious honing of eyes, she has an inkling she won't find anything.

"would you be willing to participate?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 9:32:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The scientist understood how traumatic Littleroot was that day. Perhaps she was there, but it was a day Shalin didn't want to talk about more than necessary. Given how many of her Pokémon came so close to giving their lives there, it made a lot of sense that the mere presence of the town would get them riled up. "I'm just glad the worst of it is behind us. We'll be reeling from it for months still, and I don't think Hoenn will ever be back to the way it was before the barrier went up. But if this is our new normal, it's not so bad."

Shalin's eyes lit up at Illeana's offer. This was right up her alley; she had gathered the Medallions of Eight, looking forward to unsealing the Halls of Origin, and claiming whatever potent weapon, forbidden knowledge, or forbidden Pokémon was within in a big win for the League. "You couldn't have asked a better person! Count me in!" There was not one bit of hesitance in her voice or demeanor; if anything, she looked thrilled to meet the obvious dangers head-on.

{WC: 189}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 3:40:31 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]normal.

a simple concept but it never comes to mind when one thinks of hoenn. not now, not back then.

and she doesn't know whether to laugh or cry over such a small realization. her lips quiver with amusement but otherwise hold firm.

"hoenn has not been normal in a very long time."

fact.

"i suppose, however, this region is more resilient than we had previously thought."

opinion-based fact. of that, she is certain.

a smile finally cracks apart her composure. muscles and sinew of the facial structure work in tandem to express gratitude. it doesn't feel as foreign, as professional anymore. she greets the emotion like an old friend.

"you're certain?"

silence rises. she stomps it out beneath a heeled boot with a sudden quickness.

"you will face perilous danger like never before... are you certain you want to place yourself in the line of fire for the league?"

for her. it echoes in her mind, unspoken yet persistent.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 19:30:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Ah, Shalin, Shalin... so brave, so naive, such misplaced optimism. Hoenn would never be anything resembling normal. Her idealism wouldn't let her downplay her dream of a Hoenn at peace, where she could embark on personal expeditions rather than ones with region-altering consequences. "I could go on all day about the places I've been that are more dangerous than anything you could imagine. An ice castle buried under Shoal Cave, millennia-old ruins filled to the brim with Mega Stones, a palace of fire and ice, and even a molten world underneath a basalt dome."

The phrase "for the League" echoed in her mind as she described each of her grand adventures to prove her experience exploring the unknown. Illeana's past study of Queen Zing could well have served as evidence of her experience, as well. "This whole thing has just opened my eyes to how horrible Team Rocket is. I've avoided taking sides for so long, but I don't think I can stay neutral anymore."

{WC: 165}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 22:49:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's quiet for a moment. existing in a state of remembering.

and while shalin doesn't know it, illeana, herself, has experienced enough danger to last a lifetime.

"these worlds are unlike anything we have seen before."

her eyes narrow slightly.

"they hold places and creatures that defy our current laws of existence. you will need to exercise extreme caution during your journeys."

in a way, she surmounts them to places of mythical proportions. things only seen in movies.

and a wry smile rises with the mention of rocket.

"unfortunately, there are worse things against us than just rocket."

the nagging sensation of running out of time persists even now. it's larger than it had been in the commissioner's office. she cannot ignore it any longer.

"the league is lucky to have you join in this era of uncertainty."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 22:02:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The prospect of worlds unlike anything anyone in the League had ever seen was simultaneously exciting and terrifying to Shalin. She wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to be among the first to set foot in a brand new world, despite Illeana's suggestion to be quite cautious. "It's not like any of those other places stopped me, but I will be careful." Of course, careful was a relative term for the wild child.

Rocket was pretty bad, but what could have been worse than them? "Even with Meteno being no more? What could possibly be worse than a world-ending meteor?" Regardless of the answer she received, she was grateful to have the opportunity. "Perfect! So, where and how shall I start? Gotta bring the right gear and Pokémon for the job, of course!"

{WC: 135}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 0:55:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes, even with the meteor being neutralized."

the world has ended and begun again many times during her time in this region. she's starting to think it's like clockwork.

"cannibalistic aliens, ultra beasts, sea people... there's a lot of threats still watching us."

it's a lofty idea to believe she, singlehandedly, can eliminate each threat they face. she can't and she probably won't, but it keeps her going. keeps her from straying down the wrong path.

"do any of the current rifts interest you enough to begin there?"

she believes in starting off strong where your interest lies. otherwise... the possibility of straying from the task increases.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 23:19:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was blissfully unaware of Hoenn's recent history with disasters, but she was more than willing to put her skills to use in quelling them. In her own way, through excavating the Medallions of Eight, she had already been doing good work for the League. The list of threats the Science Sister presented went on and on, Shalin shivering at the idea of cannibalistic aliens in particular. This really was just as serious as the meteor.

"Two," Shalin answered quickly. "The Granite Cave rift and especially the Petalburg Woods rift. You see, I live in the northwest corner of Petalburg Woods. That's why I got so upset when I found out about the League's plan to put one of those portal thingies here."

She paused to collect her thoughts. "Far as the Granite Cave one, I've suspected there may be a link between the Halls of Origin beneath Sootopolis and the rift there. More and more clues I've found retrieving them point to a link between the Ultra Beasts and the Halls of Origin. It's making me second guess whether opening them with the Medallions is the right thing to do." It was indeed a challenging decision to make, what with how difficult it would be to get back into Sootopolis, given her first intrusion there so long ago after acquiring only her first of the eight. If she knew the truth about , it would have made the decision all the more difficult...

{WC: 236}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 0:27:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]granite cave and petalburg...

"i've seen limited reports of each rift near petalburg and granite cave."

she doesn't have enough information on either to give shalin much of a push toward one over the other.

"they call granite cave's rift the deep sea while petalburg's seems to be a large desert."

her eyes are curious as they watch shalin. she looks for thought processes, for gears churning in the mind until an answer pops out like a gumball machine.

"i have little to no information on either so the choice is up to you."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 7:43:05 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It seemed there was little advance information Shalin would have to go off of. She was used to that, though! For all eight of the Medallions she had retrieved out of some of Hoenn's most dangerous environments, she had next to nothing to go off of: merely a one-line, cryptic hint as to the location. "Looks like I'll have to be the first to get you detailed reports, then!" Shalin chirped. If anything, perhaps she was a little too eager to explore what was clearly a world beyond Hoenn.

When prompted to make a decision, it was an easy one. "I'd prefer to start by the rift closest to my home, in Petalburg Woods. It's been my home since I came to Hoenn, and I couldn't bear to see it consumed by an expanding rift, or whatever lies beyond." Her determined demeanor was obvious from her body language. "Just hook me up with what I need to help you study it, and I'll be good to go."

{WC: 167}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
arcadia
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 3:53:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a nod follows.

with shalin's destination in mind, she launches into an explanation of what she's looking for. a handwritten list is extended with a firm hand, lingering in the air between them.

"i am particularly interested in the dimensional frequency and structure of each rift. other topics to explore would include landscape, wildlife, threats, and survivability odds."

the more they know... the better prepared they are for what could quite possibly emerge from these rifts.

she needs to formulate a solid plan if she's going to help protect hoenn. this information could provide the push she needs to finish her theories.

"while i'm still in the process of developing frequency detection technology, i recommend utilizing psychic types who know detect as well as porygon-z. the latter is equipped with a specific software to allow for functionality in interdimensional spaces."