Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 7:04:43 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

How many years had it been since Elisabeth had really been horseback riding?[break][break]

She'd fed carrots to 's Mudsdale, ridden in horse-drawn wagons with , and yes, she'd joined side-saddle on his Spectrier for a visit through the Petalburg Woods.[break][break]

But riding a horse, alone? It had been... almost a decade, Elisabeth realized to some surprise. Back when she lived in Camphrier Town.[break][break]

A lifetime ago.[break][break]

"I'm going to be a bit rusty, I'm afraid," she said with an apologetic smile to her companion as she prepared to mount her Mudsdale -- a parting gift from Gigi, before the white-haired woman took her return to Kalos at the lowering of the Barrier. "I hope I don't slow you down?"[break][break]

Privately, she suspected had far more recent equestrian experience than she did.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 22:38:52 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

willow, on the other hand, has been riding consistently for a few years now, more so now that she has time on her hands. even her mudbray, lucky, has evolved since she's been able to work the livestock more.

granted, willow could have gone a few more months without having to take care of two fully grown horses alongside the rest of her duties. 

not many of her friends have mounts or have the time to ride. roman shows zero interest and would rather sit inside and play video games all day. her mother's in no shape to ride and the only other person who consistently did so is buried a few miles away. 

"oh, please," she says as she feeds lou some apple slices. the mudsdale nickers appreciatively, tail whisking away pests. 

"we can walk them for all i care. i'm just happy for the company." lou snorts as though to say he cares very much if that's all they do. 
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 3:06:02 GMT
[nospaces]

"Oh, we needn't walk. I walk enough every day, I think," she said, waving a hand dismissively. The florist's daily strolls through the Petalburg Woods had worn through enough shoes to prove it. "It'll be a pleasure to ride for a change."[break][break]

Her own Mudsdale, Lotus, whinnied at Lou with a somewhat self-important air, tail flicking with impatience. Only when Elisabeth procured an apple slice of her own did the equine Pokémon appear satisfied, munching on the fruit with a leisurely 'chomp'.[break][break]

The blonde suppressed a laugh behind her hand, then raised herself up onto her saddle. At this height, towering over fields and open spaces, a pang of homesickness stirred in her heart for an estate that no longer existed.[break][break]

"Have you been well lately?" Elisabeth asked, turning to her friend. "I feel like we haven't spoken in ages."[break][break]

Not since before METENO. No, long before METENO, if she was to be honest with herself.[break][break]

Elisabeth had not spoken to Willow since had demanded that she risk the safety of the entire region, and despite every voice in her that screamed to do otherwise, the Rocket admin had acquiesced to that order.[break][break]

"I'm sorry about that," she said suddenly, a note of shame wavering in her words.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 4:42:40 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

her offer had been genuine, but she knows elisa well enough to expect the wave of her hand and the dismissal. when the woman agrees to do something, she does it - whether it's horseback riding or bringing a homecooked meal when eleanor has a rough day.

lou shifts his weight when willow saddles him. his head bobs and he chews his bit impatiently. "oh, don't be a brat," she says as she gives him a hefty pat on his large neck. 

lotus' own clopping hooves spur lou to move and the pair settle into a neat walk. willow's hips sway and the rhythm is a comfort, familiar enough she need only hold the reins loosely, attentive to elisa. 

she blinks. "gods, don't be! we've all been through so much. with the meteor and everything, i've just been trying to keep my head on straight. i'm sure you were too."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 4:52:31 GMT
[nospaces]

Memories of Groudon stampeding through Littleroot, Dialga's ROAR OF TIME, and countless other moments flashed through her mind and abruptly faded out.[break][break]

Keeping my head on straight, yes, she thought wryly. And ideally still attached to my body.[break][break]

Here, in the peace of the countryside, such worries seemed distant and faraway. Like dreams, almost. Cutiefly buzzed past with curious intent, undeterred by the rhythmic stomping of Lotus's hooves as they matched Lou's pace.[break][break]

Lotus was a slow, patient creature, but a lumbering one all the same.[break][break]

The blonde swayed unsteadily on the Mudsdale's back for a moment, righting herself just as a winter's breeze picked up around her. The faintest glimmer of snow flurries danced in the air: too thin to coat the ground, but light enough to dust and powder the horse's mane. Snowflakes glistened in her own golden hair like rare, twinkling jewels; turning to Willow, she seemed crowned in much the same splendour.[break][break]

"The night before the meteor struck, I didn't know what to do with myself," Elisabeth admitted.[break][break]

It was the first time she'd breathed that truth into existence.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 4:48:30 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

willow's breath comes in short, puffing curls. the cold brings a red flush to her cheeks, but she's okay with a sweater wrapped around her neck, knit cap over her ears, and well-worn gloves over her hands. the reins are relaxed in her left hand, right against her thigh. 

the cold doesn't bother her so much, not with the way the snow dances with the soot in the sky. there's a quiet blanket that always accompanies the snowfall, especially up in fallarbor.

her smile is thin now at the somewhat dreary discussion, but there's relief in this discussion. she hasn't really talked about it with anyone. how could she? the only people closest to her in life were fighting the damn thing?

how does her own fear withstand that? how can she ever look at bo or lance or ollie or greyson and say, i was terrified

"i wondered if you spent it with any family. or friends in town. i should have reached out to you." she sighs. "...roman and mom and me, we all just waited. held our breaths. ro fell asleep with me; he wouldn't let me leave his room. i just kept looking at him and thinking this isn't fair."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 18:32:44 GMT
[nospaces]

Lotus's easy trot allowed her thoughts to match the horse's even pace, listening to her companion with a contemplative air. The warm pink scarf around her neck was one that Willow would recognize, a gift given in exchange for a lush poinsettia that had blossomed in the warmth of a Petalburg greenhouse.[break][break]

It was one of many small kindnesses that Elisabeth never expected from Willow. Like the very one she spoke into existence, now.[break][break]

"Please, Willow, don't even think of it. You have a son and your mother to tend to. I wouldn't ask that precious time of you, ever."[break][break]

Elisabeth would have refused the offer on principle. The guilt alone would have been reason enough, but there was something else that would have stayed her from accepting: a sense that it would be a transgression, a cruel theft of those rare moments that bond loved ones together through shared trials.[break][break]

The Kalosian did not adapt to the cold so well as Willow, and she pulled her thick coat about herself to settle a shiver that had crawled through her skin.[break][break]

"...I did what I always do to distract myself, I suppose. I gardened." She bit her lip, hesitating. "I thought about my mother, really. What she might have said in that moment, if she were alive. What we might have done with one another."[break][break]

It would have likely been a night much like the one that described. Quiet. Tender. Fearful.[break][break]

A night most assuredly where Elisabeth would not have awakened with the intent to go to Littleroot, and to seize it for Rocket's gain.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 16:46:19 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"i know you wouldn't ask it," willow says immediately, adjusting her grip on the reins to compensate for the cold leeching into her fingers. lou doesn't trot as nicely as lotus, but willow still finds a certain ease to divvying up her attention from the horse and their conversation. 

"but time given is worth so much more than time taken." is that why she never asks anything of anyone? is that why, after all these years, she refuses to make the first move with the things that matter? surely not.

she's been thinking a lot about her new year's resolution lately. not that she particularly ascribes to the guilt that surrounds it, but it's supposed to be a helpful exercise. and hers is important. a much-needed change. 

to be more honest with herself. and with that, she thinks i have not spent enough time with my friend elisabeth. she can right this wrong. she can make time, like she did for this, because her friend is hurting, hesitating, and needs someone to lean on. 

don't they all? 

"did she love flowers like us?" will smiles softly. "you know it was my father who tended our gardens? who filled our lives with flowers? my mother knew its language, but only because of him."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 1:52:18 GMT
[nospaces]

"You've had liked my mother, I think."[break][break]

Thoughts of Georgiana Fiorelli brought a fleeting, wistful smile to the florist's lips as Lotus's trot remained steady and smooth. Thoughts of Elisabeth's youth in Camphrier Town warmed her in the winter's chill, for it was a golden childhood that seemed all the brighter and untarnished for the dark decade that immediately followed it.[break][break]

The specter of homesickness erased what hard edges existed in that lost era: a looming shadow of debt, the loneliness of a girl who had precious few friends of her age and social standing, and the ennui that had pushed her to become reckless with the first choices that life had seen fit to hand her. All this vanished in a swirl of sweet, rose-tinted nostalgia.[break][break]

"She loved to paint flowers. When she married my father, he gave her a garden of Galarian roses as her wedding present. We used to tend to the garden together. She'd teach me what all the flowers meant, and it became a sort of game between us. Like secret letters only we understood with one another."[break][break]

Memories of waking her mother early in the morning with the tickling of rose petals briefly lingered in her mind, something she had not dwelled on in years. Her heart ached for the longing of it.[break][break]

"How did your father find his love of flowers?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 4:50:38 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"if she's anything like you," willow agrees. she looks fondly upon her friend, at the token of their platonic affections wrapped around her neck in a symbolic, wordless thank you. the snow continues to fall pleasantly around them. lou snorts, sending a puff of curled breath around his snout. 

"that's the best part of it, i think. having this dumb little language no one else knows but the two of you." how fiercely she wishes roman had any desire to learn what they meant. he's familiar enough with some of the negative ones, much to willow's own annoyance.

but you have to start somewhere, right? 

"his parents. he was born and raised in fallarbor on the farm. it was more of a cattle farm then. flowers were my grandmother's hobby.

"he never wanted that life for himself. at least, that's what he thought. so he moved to rustboro and starting working at devon as a software engineer, of all things."
she laughs. "he met my mother and i think that's when he started to realize how much he missed all this." she gestures around them. 

"he regretted not patching things up with his father before he passed. i think that's why he was so...gentle with me when i got pregnant."

her shoulders shake with a chuckle. "sorry. i don't mean to ramble about them." her voice catches, eyes smarting, and she blinks rapidly. "i miss him. and my mom."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 5:12:43 GMT
[nospaces]

"I know," Elisabeth said gently, the soft reply aching with tenderness. "There's nothing to apologize for, Willow. Part of love is mourning when the ones we treasure leave us, isn't it?"[break][break]

Grief, in some ways, was the truest love that Elisabeth believed in. There was a dignity in it, a knowing that its existence was proof that the bond you shared was real and tangible enough that its loss stung.[break][break]

It was one of many reasons she preferred working funerals over weddings. They were more genuine, in her mind. The emotions celebrated possessed an inherent truth to them that couldn't be feigned.[break][break]

"I think about that often. Regrets, that is." She hesitated for a moment, their steeds slowing in tandem. As the conversation became heavy, so too did their hoofbeats. "Your home reminds me a lot of the one I had growing up. I think I understand how your father felt, in a way. I thought I wanted something else than the home I'd known, too."[break][break]

She'd let herself get swept up in the fantasy of a whirlwind romance, reckless with heady attraction and daydreaming. Then for years forever after, she'd long for the very thing she'd so carelessly given up.[break][break]

"Someone told me once that regrets are proof that we did not make the right decisions in the moment, but I do not know if I agree. I think sometimes, we have no way of knowing where our life will lead us. The knowledge we gain later makes us regret opportunities we didn't realize we once had. The clarity comes too late, and so we mourn."[break][break]

For time they could have spent with both of their parents. For ephemeral moments neither of them knew were so precious and rare, that they'd vanish as quickly as they came.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 22:30:45 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"thank you," she says quietly. it's hard to talk about these things. it's hard to talk about regrets. gosh knows she has a dozen of those. and those unspoken ones she thinks about while elisa confides in her pieces of her past. 

by most accounts, she does not know her friend very well. she knows she's a widow, and that her marriage had been complicated and unhappy. but the extent of that knowledge is threadbare at best. am i a bad friend?

elisa would say no, she thinks, and that's some comfort, but not enough for her to feel like she hasn't given as much as she could. 

"i'd never thought of it like that, in so many words, but i think you're right. my world turned upside down when i had roman. i don't think i need to tell you how hard it was having a kid that young. i saw friends get to travel. go to college. pursue their passions." she chuckles. "fall in love.

"and i mourn sometimes, for what i could have had, but i also think if i hadn't gone through with the pregnancy, i'd wonder about having him. what could have been then. i think maybe that's why i get so paralyzed by decisions. if i don't make one, then i don't have to face the idea of having regrets."

the chill is internal and unwelcome now. she offers a wan smile to elisa and then clicks her cheek. lou spurs into a quicker trot and then lopes into a canter, with willow's smile growing wider as they surge ahead of their companions.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 6:10:20 GMT
[nospaces]

The 'what ifs' that spoke of haunted Elisabeth, always. Rare was the moment, though, that she let her thoughts drift to the one that her friend named aloud: "If I hadn't gone through with the pregnancy, I'd wonder about having him. What could have been then. I think maybe that's why I get so paralyzed by decisions. If I don't make one, then I don't have to face the idea of having regrets."[break][break]

Her hands anxiously fiddled with the reins, biting her lip. She covetously held so many secrets close to her chest, from Willow yes, but from others, too. Not because bottling them was a pleasant sensation, but because the unbottling came with an overpowering discomfort.[break][break]

And this was a secret she'd rarely told.[break][break]

"Did I ever tell you that I was almost a mother, once?"[break][break]

But as soon as the quiet admission left her lips, her friend had already darted ahead into the field, her Mudsdale leaping forward with an enthusiasm that made Elisabeth's heart soar to see. A strange relief filled her that maybe this confession had not been heard, and she too gently nudged Lotus into following Lou's lead, racing to keep up with her companion.[break][break]

It felt freeing, to simply exist and to be. To leave the past and its regrets behind, for a little while.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 4:08:00 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

it's not instant regret. she's so caught up in handling lou, in finding the rhythm of her legs in the saddle, that elisabeth's nigh-whispered words take a long time to piece together. but when she does, her smile falls, and her gait struggles to match lou's canter. she gets smacked by the saddle and knows she's going to be nursing one hell of a bruise the next morning. 

lou tosses his head and she squeezes his reins, pulling him to the side lest he accidentally get too close to lotus and elisabeth under willow's poor riding. now neck and neck, she shoots her friend a worried look. 

but finds a tenderness there, a certain thrill as she slides into the rhythm of lotus' canter. 

so, feeling breathless, and deciding that words can be had later, she kicks her heels and clicks, spurring lou into a gallop. 
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
WILD HEARTS [C]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 1:16:43 GMT
[nospaces]

Elisabeth's hair unwound from its loose ponytail as Lotus charged forward with Lou, this last restraint left in her lost to the wind and to the snow as she clutched the reins.[break][break]

The two Mudsdales bounded ahead with the relentless sound of hoofbeats and neighing, the normally docile Pokémon seeming giddy with the opportunity to run wild and free.[break][break]

She loved this, the wide open fields and endless green spaces of the outdoors.[break][break]

Maybe it was the same for , in some ways. Elisabeth knew that her friend, too, had a difficult past -- things that were difficult to speak upon, memories that were kept safely locked away in the attic of her mind.[break][break]

It didn't mean that Elisabeth hadn't gotten glimpses of it from time to time, however.[break][break]

Hushed conversations had been had about , an aging mother whose health concerned and fretted, and a brief suggestion of a romantic life that confused more than it calmed. These small pieces, here and there, built a collage of a woman whose life was in some ways as complex as Elisabeth's own.[break][break]

Was that why friendship had come so easy? Was that why they both were so delighted to run and run and run like this, as if they could escape all the things that still chased them?[break][break]

It felt like they could run forever, but like all things, this adventure would reach its end. Exhaustion claimed even the brightest and best of Mudsdales eventually to stop and to rest.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]