he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 20:45:19 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
As a trainer himself, Hideo had learned to appreciate everything about Pokemon Centers, and they stood as a symbol of everything he idolized about being a Trainer. They were a great place to rest up, get fed, and get his Pokemon healed up.

And get himself fixed up, if need be. Not that he ever needed to do that. He had plenty of Pokemon that could help him with that if needed.

This one, he was visiting mainly because it was closeby, and one of his Pokemon was starting to sound sick. The Joltik was sneezing fairly frequently, and even he noticed how runny its nose was getting. And it was coughing.

So at the moment, it was a matter of waiting to hear the results from the Nurses or Doctors or whoever was taking a look at that Joltik. In the meanwhile, he was taking the chance to get some food, a very healthy and nutritious meal of a burger and fries on his tray.

He'd made sure to get plenty of the latter, as his Joltik's four other siblings were readily devouring those fries as their father, a Galvantula, ensured they didn't cause too much of a mess.

Mission: Nurse Joy
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
botanist / petalburg capt.
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 3:12:24 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]
[attr="class","top"]

Though his primary duties were intended for work outdoors, Wren occasionally enjoyed volunteering at passing pokecenters when he had the chance. If anything, just to assist fielding intake on paarcularly busy days.[break][break]

He wasn’t a veterinarian by any stretch or means, but often took care to have Pokémon with healing based moves on his team. So occasionally, he could be of use for little injuries or maladies.[break][break]

Today, however, he’d been relegated to the desk itself to oversee new patients who had come in. He’d been there for a few hours, though, and so had been relieved for a short break. He’d noticed the boy with his joltik as he was leaving the desk, but it wasn’t until the whole gang had settled into launch on a pile of fries that the ranger said something.[break][break]

“Oh, all of your joltik are so cute!” Wren couldn’t help but comment from where he sat nearby with a sandwich. Eagerly, Juno was waiting under his chair— the leafeon dutiful in her effort to vacuum up anything he accidentally dropped, even though she’d already had a full meal of her own.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
     [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-leafeon"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".wren"]--accent:#e0a8a8; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren blockquote b, .wren blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .wren blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .wren blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".wren .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .wren .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .wren .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 12:56:34 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo looked up mid-chew, someone addressing him and his jumble of Joltiks. It took him a second to process the voice - the person he spoke to when admitting his sick Joltik.

"Mhm," was his first response, before fully swallowing what was in his mouth, placing down his burger. "They're all siblings. And that Galvantula is their father."

The Galvantula at least had the decency to wave to the man. The four Joltiks were too preoccupied squabbling over fries to care. One fry even fell off the table, a Joltik catching it with an Electroweb before it reached the Leafeon - only to have another Joltik accidentally cut the line trying to steal it away.

The Leafeon would get a fry, with a bit of uncharged web attached to it.

"So, uh, they know if they can take care of whatever's going on with my Joltik? The one that's getting checked up on, I mean."

Unbeknownst to him, it was just a cold.

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 0:43:14 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]
[attr="class","top"]

Wren looked over at all the little joltiks again, smile widening. “That makes it even cuter!” His hand rose as he waved back at the galvantula. Then he looked back down at the sandwich in his hands before taking a bite from it.[break][break]

Juno pawed at the fallen fry, quick to gobble it up when it finally landed in her reach again–web and all.[break][break]

When the boy expressed concern about his last joltik, though, Wren hummed in understanding.[break][break]

“Oh,” Wren looked back over his shoulder toward the back office where the joltik was still being checked over. “I’m sure they’ll be fine! They haven’t come back out yet, so I’m not sure exactly, but the nurse didn’t seem like it was super urgent.”[break][break]

Surely that was a good sign! “I think if it was a bigger problem, they would’ve come back out by now to say so.”[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
     [break]

[newclass=".wren"]--accent:#e0a8a8; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren blockquote b, .wren blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .wren blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .wren blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wren .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .wren .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .wren .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 0:10:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The two Joltiks were too busy squabbling among each other to care about their eaten fry - and a moment later, they were back to getting more of them.

"Cute and fuzzy!" Hideo added, biting another chunk out of his burger. "Didn't even know Pokemon could get that tiny 'til a friend of mine let me pet his. Also taught me that they can build up a lot of static - and one Joltik's Electroweb can paralyze someone."

He was glad didn't hold it against him.

Hideo could breathe a sigh of relief that there probably wasn't a major problem. "Good to hear that. I'm glad we got Pokemon Centers all over Hoenn to help with this kind of stuff." He would've had to go all the way back to his camp otherwise, and who knew if this illness was gonna get worse? Or was contagious?

"Lucky I haven't had to use it for myself yet. I hear the people medicine is pretty good too, though not like those machines you put Pokeballs in."

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 16:07:18 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]
[attr="class","top"]

He continued to watch the joltiks with amusement. They squabbled just like actual human siblings did, didn’t they?[break][break]

“For real! They’re like little shocky puff balls.” And apparently awful powerful too, for something so little.[break][break]

Wren smiled as his reassurance seemed to take effect. “Definitely! I’m sure he’ll be right as rain in no time.” He paused, looking around the center they were seated in. “It’s super helpful. I can’t imagine how stressful and hectic it would be if there were only a few.” That would only cause problems for both the staff and trainers, alike. So it was good that there was accessibility, and also enough people to man them – even if the volunteer work was still appreciated on busier days.[break][break]

“Yeah, it’s not so bad!” he admitted with a short laugh. One of his hands lifted to push through his hair. “I can be a bit clumsy on the job, so I’ve had to use the resources for myself too. It’s not a hospital hospital, but it does the trick when you’re out in the field and nowhere close!”[break][break]

Definitely saved him some extra aches and pains here and there.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
     [break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 23:58:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded along as the man spoke, taking a fry and dangling it over his Joltiks, listening as they were climbing over each other to try and reach it - only to get pulled down by another. Like Krabbys in a bucket, their struggles went nowhere.

Which would be sad if they weren't a bunch of fuzzy electro-ticks that hadn't already stuffed themselves with fries moments ago.

"Yeah, it'd be pretty rough for everyone if Pokemon Centers were rarer. I hear some regions have them set up differently too. Paldea apparently has them set up like little roadside stops. Great for people on the go, but they don't have as much stuff as ours."

Like food.

Hideo released the fry, the Joltiks on it and tearing it apart as quickly as their gluttonous little mouths could go. "Dunno if they got good People medicine either, though they probably got hospitals for that."

Whatever the case, he hadn't needed any medical care himself in a long time.

As they talked, one of the Center staff approached the two, a small Joltik in her hands. "Hideo Kino, yes?" she asked, getting the boy's attention - and the attention of his Pokemon, all five stopping and looking. "Your Joltik is all set. She just has a little Poke-cold. Now that's it's getting colder, these are becoming more common - make sure she gets plenty of fluids and rest and she'll be better in no time. And make sure you keep you and your Pokemon warm."

The boy nodded, the sick Joltik practically leaping over to him, letting out a small noise - followed by a sneeze right into the boy's sweater. "Good to hear you're doing alright. You must be hungry."

Hideo gently placed the Joltik on the table, her siblings scrambling over to check on her - and to give her some fries to eat. Which she readily did.

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 16:53:43 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]
[attr="class","top"]

His nose wrinkled at the mention of roadside stops. "I guess that would be nice out in the field if you needed something super quick, but it also sounds like it could be a hassle if you needed to get somewhere more serious quicker."[break][break]

He watched the joltiks pile atop one another, still listening as the conversation moved back and forth. Almost fixated on the little guys. "Maybe a mix of both would be like a happy medium?"[break][break]

As a nurse approached, he waved a hand in quiet greeting. As they spoke with Hideo, Wren munched on his sandwich - figuring that he'd need to get back to work in the near future. Happy that it was good news for the boy, he smiled as the nurse moved back to their tasks and the joltik was released back into her trainer's care.[break][break]

“She looks like she’s already feeling loads better!” Even with the daintiest sneeze Wren had ever heard in his life, the joltik’s energy seemed to be much higher than when she’d first been brought in. Even Juno creeped out from under his chair to peer up over the edge of the table at the sight of all the little joltik's scrambling to cheer up their sister.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
     [break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 23:54:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Probably also helps with how many trainers they get. I hear some schools make the students do a project to graduate, and a lot do the gym circuit for it." He would've loved if his school gave him that kind of project - and let him do it without oversight. "So they probably got a lot of people running around. Helps to get them in and out fast - and you can't go a few meters without some kind of food place, so no need to build them into the Centers."

Hideo finished off his burger, his Joltiks finishing off the fries he left them. The Pokemon all had enough to eat, some even sporting visibly-bulging bellies.

"She's definitely good enough to stuff herself," he joked, "But I'll give her some time to rest. And give her brothers and sisters time to digest." He retrieved each of his Joltiks' Pokeballs, recalling all five of them, leaving only his Galvantula out.

"It was nice talking, but I'm gonna head out. Plenty of stuff to do. Thanks for the chat!" He waved to the man, picking up his tray with his free hand. The Galvantula shot up a small bit of web to the boy's wrist, the web wrapping around. Gently, the Galvantula guided him towards the trash to empty the tray, before he'd leave it for the fast-food joint staff to handle.

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 16:27:05 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Oh yeah! That’s a good point! That’s sort of interesting, you know? I never would’ve thought of doing all this traveling and training for school, but it makes me sort of envious,” he admits with a laugh. He would’ve much preferred being out and about in the wild rather than sitting through chemistry class. It was a good idea, in fairness– why hadn’t other regions adopted the same idea? Especially with so many younger people striking out on their own to train.[break][break]

Thoughts for a later time, he supposed. Wren wiped his hands off with a napkin as he finished up his own sandwich. Any crumbs left behind were brushed away and the space neatened up. “Nothing wrong with that! I hope she feels completely better soon!”[break][break]

“Sure thing - I should probably get back to helping out myself! Thanks for humoring me,” he replied, laughing again. “Safe travels to you!” He watched as the galvantula guided Hideo away, smile fixed on his face, before poking his own leafeon to rouse her where she’d dozed off. “C’mon Juno, we’ve still got stuff to do. It was a nice break, though, huh?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
     [break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Center Sniffles (M)
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 4:25:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: