July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 21:08:00 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia had packed away a lot of her more difficult thoughts and feelings for the holidays. Holidays were supposed to be for celebrating and bringing in the new year, not dwelling on everything that had happened in the last! But now that she was well into January, the box she'd packed those feelings away in was beginning to shake. The simplest thing to do would be to shut the lid tight and not worry about it. Julia was good at not worrying about things, after all. But if she did that, the problems within would just keep getting bigger and bigger until the box collapsed and spilled its contents in a messy, squirming pile, and that'd be even less fun to deal with.

[break][break]This wasn't just about her, though. This was about her friend. She hadn't spoken to Isaac since discovering his identity as Blackjack of Team Rocket, and with everything that had happened since then, she had so many questions she wanted to ask. Where would she even start, though?

[break][break]She chewed on her bottom lip as she stared down at her phone. Maybe she didn't have to start with the questions right away. Actually, that'd be pretty rude, wouldn't it? She knew she'd feel pretty cruddy if someone she hadn't talked to in weeks walked up to her and started interrogating her. It was settled, then. She'd start simple:

[break][break]hey 🙂 hope you had a good holiday

[break][break]And send. There, perfect conversation starter! She could get into the tougher stuff a bit later.

[attr="class","juliatag"]

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 21:19:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The first thing that Julia would receive in response was a crisp, fresh picture of an eyepatch. Judging by the angle and the familiar shocks of golden hair, it appeared to be a selfie.[break][break]

my faves talk like a pirate day[break]
whats yours

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 21:36:40 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia's eyes widened at the picture. So much for saving the serious stuff for later! The words that followed stopped her from typing out her immediate thoughts, though. Isaac was obviously trying to make light of the situation. And, well, Julia had just mentally bragged about how good she was at not worrying about things.

[break][break]hmm... idk if i have a fav. their all fun!
[break]what happened tho?

[break][break]Hey, just because she wasn't worrying didn't mean she wasn't gonna ask!

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 21:43:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]There was a brief lull in the responses. With what had just been sent, the wait felt less like minutes and more like hours. The phone springing to life in Julia's hand would break this disconcerting lull with the suddenness of a jumpscare.[break][break]

maybe lets talk about the real holidays first[break]
howd you spend yours

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 21:58:49 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia didn't like that pause. Maybe she shouldn't have asked. She'd thought it might not be serious with the way Isaac had joked about it, but now... She was in the midst of typing out u dont have to tell me if u dont want when his next message came. She erased what she'd already written.

[break][break]spent time with the fam, ofc 🙂
[break]and the fortree rangers had a gettogether that was real fun 🎉🎄

[break][break]She scrolled through her photos until she found one of Chester in his new scarves and hats, then attached it to her next message. Pictures of Pokémon in clothes helped cheer people up, right?

[break][break]check out what chester got!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 22:20:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]hope none of them got hurt.[break][break]

Huh. Weird. One second there was a message. The next, there was nothing. Could phones even do that? Apparently they could! Julia would get a half second's glimpse, at best, at the message. More cheerful ones quickly took its place.[break][break]

sounds fun! chester lookin so cozy[break]
glad you had good holidays[break]
you work too hard. deserve that break

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 22:30:52 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia blinked a few times. Huh, that was weird... She could have sworn she saw a message pop up, but then it just vanished. Was it an error? She didn't get a good look at it, either, only catching the first couple of words before it vanished into the digital ether. But then three more showed up to take its place, though none of them seemed to match the one that had been deleted. Oh, well. No use dwelling on it now.

[break][break]whatd you end up doing?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 22:43:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Maybe the previous texts were just weird oddities. See? Look. The next texts were coming with no lingering pauses, no disappearing messages, and no other unexpected errors. Clearly, it was all in Julia's head.[break][break]

not much[break]
just some time with friends[break]
pretty quiet holiday tbh[break]
but thats the usual[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 23:01:37 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Maybe it was just a network hiccup. Oh, well! That happened sometimes.

[break][break]nothing wrong with that
[break]as long as you had fun! 😄

[break][break]It wasn't Julia's preferred way of celebrating, but some people liked quiet holidays, and that was fine! But, hmm, he hadn't mentioned anything about his family... Maybe that was just implied.

[break][break]The other possibility was one she didn't want to think about.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 1:02:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]better than most tbh[break]
its been[break][break]

Once more, the flow of messages stopped, though not for nearly as long. The speech bubble symbol blinked in and out of reality, as if a thousand potential thoughts were fighting for dominance. It was almost baffling when such a small, humble sentence rose to the top of the pile.[break][break]

a year.[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 1:15:51 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia frowned at the phone. It sounded like Isaac had had a good time... but it also sounded like this wasn't the norm for the winter holidays. She wondered who he'd spent this year with. They must have been good friends if they'd made his holiday better than usual. Julia wished she'd checked in sooner. Maybe she could have been part of that, too.

[break][break]The messages stopped mid-sentence. Julia watched the three little dots flicker in and out of their dance on the screen before two words appeared to cap off Isaac's thought.

[break][break]yeah
[break]it really has

[break][break]Okay. Julia had been beating around the bush long enough. As much as she hated souring the mood even further, it was better than slapping it down from something happier.

[break][break]was actually hoping to talk to you about some stuff
[break]u kno, everything going on with hoenn
[break]with us

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 1:39:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Silence.[break][break]

Pure silence.[break][break]

Pure, suffocating silence.[break][break]

Pure, suffocating, agonizing silence.[break][break]

And then a single ding.[break][break]

name a place and im there

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 17:58:20 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Wow, this pause was even worse than the last one! Julia knew this wouldn't be easy, but this was quickly becoming tortuous! When her phone dinged again, she scrambled for it like a social media addict. Relief flooded her body when she read the reply... but then she realized she wasn't actually sure what place to name. Something like this needed a good secret meeting place. Isaac probably knew a lot of those, but Julia wasn't sure she wanted to meet her friend in some shady bar stuffed with cigar smoke.

[break][break]lemme think

[break][break]Somewhere private that wasn't shady or suspicious... Somewhere out on the less-traveled parts of the Routes would probably work well, but it was a bit too cold to go camping. Unless... Oh, man. Was she really thinking of doing this? It wasn't like they had to go inside the tunnels or caves or anything; just as long as they were close enough to Hoenn's largest natural heat source, anywhere nearby should be fine.

[break][break]route 112
[break]u got camping gear?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 18:04:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Another long pause. Sheesh, those must've been unbearable when you couldn't even see the other person's face, huh?[break][break]

seriously?[break][break]

And another one.[break][break]

alright[break]
fine[break]
been too long since weve gone

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Unpacking [S, C]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 21:00:52 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

It was probably a good thing that Isaac couldn't see Julia's defiant pout.

[break][break]were else are we gonna talk in private and keep warm????

[break][break]Luckily, Isaac's next messages brought a grin to her face.

[break][break]heck yea! 😄
[break]ill make sure were nice and toasty, promise![break][break]

[break]

If anyone asked, Julia was teaching a friend a bit about winter survival. And that wouldn't be a total lie! Julia fully intended to give Isaac some pointers about camping out in the cold, including the importance of building a good shelter and staying as dry as possible. That didn't stop her from feeling weird about being sneaky like this. Julia wasn't a sneaky kind of girl. She wore her heart on her sleeve and made her intentions clear whenever she could. Keeping the true nature of this trip a secret had been like swallowing cotton. At least she hadn't had to tell too many people. She just wished one of them hadn't been her chronically over-worrying dad.

[break][break]But it was fine! No matter how much he worried, Julia always came back okay, and she'd do the same this time and prove his fears were unfounded. He had no reason to suspect she was being shady, either. After all, only one other person knew Isaac's secret, and after what had happened, Julia trusted to take it to his grave.

[break][break]She directed all of her focus to setting up the campsite. The heat from Mt. Chimney meant there wasn't much snow to worry about, so finding a clear spot to set up had been pretty easy. Snuffles was digging a little fire pit while Momo collected branches to use as kindling. Julia, meanwhile, pitched her tent while occasionally checking the horizon for signs of Isaac.