Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
ELINOR ANDERSON | INTERVIEW
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 9:34:28 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor gave an assuring nod. Her experiences had certainly shaped her, for better or worse.

But the topic quickly moved onto a request of his. One that she had to think about.

“Hmmm, an example.” She hmm’d as she rummaged through her memory of former battles. “I believe my best example of this would be my two challenges against . The first one being during his tenancy as a Minor Gym Leader and the following challenge after his promotion.”

She began to recount the tale. “I approached both challenges by checking what available battle data there was. During the Minor League battle, I decided to attack his preference for electric types by using a Pokémon of the ground type, alongside an electric type Pokémon that would gain beneficial effects upon being hit by his electric type moves.” She paused. “He was ready for the use of ground types, but not the electric type. My approach forced him to fight sub optimally, which led to an easy enough victory.”

She figured that was an adequate example of Strategizing and Adapting her approach to a battle. Now for perseverance.

“Of course, I figured the same approach would not work twice. So, knowing he had branched out with his typing. I went for a more direct approach. Hoping to beat him with fast and powerful strikes.”

“This time the battle was much much closer than expected. And honestly, it came to our individual Pokémon’s ability to persevere in battle.” With that comment done, she allowed Callan a moment to consider the examples provided.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 14:18:13 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Alright." Callan replied.

His fingers tap against the reference sheet, how else could he put it other than the difficulty of having to grade someone that he had a personal relationship with? "You used a type advantage and Pokemon with higher speed. That does count as using a strategy."

"Okay Elly, I think I have a pretty good idea of your character at this point in time. You'll have a report soon." Callan smiled, as he turned towards her and shut off the recorder.

So much was left unsaid, but now was not the time. Maybe later, when he had the confidence to do it.

ASSESSMENT

CANDIDATE: ELINOR ANDERSON

Candidate has shown great potential during the Pokemon League interview process. She has proven herself to be an exceptional trainer with a strong work ethic and an unwavering passion for her craft. Her impressive battling skills, combined with her steadfast commitment to personal growth, make her a prime candidate for the position of Champion.

During the interview, Elinor's attitude and desire to develop her abilities were apparent. Her motivation to become Champion stems from a yearning to create something larger than herself, which is a vital characteristic in any potential Champion. This purpose-driven mentality will undoubtedly inspire those around her, as it demonstrates a commitment to the betterment of the entire Pokemon community.

Elinor's battling capacity is adequate to fulfill the requirements for the Elite Four challenge. Her strategic thinking and understanding of her Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses show a depth of knowledge and experience that is essential for anyone seeking to become a Champion.

However, as with any candidate, there are a few areas where Elinor could improve. During the interview, she had a tendency to withhold herself and provide answers that were general and non-specific.

In particular, when describing the examples of the two battles with , Elinor prescribed a very simple answer in which I do not feel encapsulates the entirety of the battle. Using type advantage and understanding speed tiers is good, but that is to be expected.

Each battle is clinched into moments, understanding when a battle turns into your favour from a specific move or switch-in that allowed. For example, a crucial set up move or to take down a lynchpin in the opponent's team.

I would like to see the development of Elinor in this way going forward. At the very least, I intend to test her in this manner when she comes into my Elite Four Chamber.

While this may not be a significant issue, it can make it difficult to assess her true motivations and aspirations. To overcome this obstacle, Elinor should work on being more open and forthcoming during future interviews and interactions.

Despite this minor concern, I believe Elinor Anderson has demonstrated a fantastic attitude, the necessary battling skills, and a strong sense of purpose and integrity. These qualities make her an excellent candidate for the Pokemon League's Elite Four challenge.

I am pleased to announce that Elinor Anderson has passed the Champion Interview and can proceed to the next stage of her journey.
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 18:06:10 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

And with that the interview came to an end. She prayed he would find her answers sufficient, and yet she had a small voice in the back of her head that told her it hadn’t been good enough. That he would find ample reason to deny her.

Only later would she be pleasantly surprised.

But for now all she would do was give him a nod and a “Looking forward to reading it.” Before she would stand and with chipper “See you around.” she would make her way out, leaving Callan to do his job.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 7:09:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: