Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
catch-22
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 0:42:03 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

"See anything worthwhile over there?" Barnaby asked over his shoulder before refocusing his attention back on the desk and filing cabinet combo in front of him.[break][break]

had asked him to help scout out a few of the bunkers they'd marked for Project: Lockbox, a program Felix himself was spearheading with other ROCKET leadership like , , and . The one they were currently inside of was just off of Route 121, adjacent to the Safari Zone.[break][break]

"I think there might be a safe in this filing cabinet..." The bottom drawer was locked, but when Barnaby had attempted to shift the elongated metal container it hardly budged. Something heavy was definitely inside.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[break]
PROJECT: LOCKBOX (SCOUT)[break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
catch-22
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 18:38:39 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Eeling their way through the abysmal security measures was no issue at all. If anything, it came second nature to the two men, who'd spent the better part of the recent years rummaging through the shadows.

Felix had already sent out his Gallade and Dragapult to maintain watch of the outer ring of the bunker; if there were to be any unexpected visitors, he wanted to be prepared. Readied in the he hadn't been with .

"Nothing of interest."

Whoever owned this hunk of steel certainly held plans of bringing his work home with him, should the region fall ill to the Meteor's trajectory, as instead of the typical rations and generators one would find in one of these, he'd chosen to decorate his space with pieces that better suited an office than an underground bunker. Metal cabinets, a desk, filing cabinets, stuffed binders. It made him wonder whether the bunker's original reason for creation was truly tied what they'd previously called doomsday.

"Here."

Releasing his KLEFKI out from it's pokeball, the steel and fairy type was immediately directed to pick the lock. And it did. With it's long, moldable key hands, it glued itself to the cabinet's forefront and began jiggling itself into the keyhole, morphing it's metal until a crisp CLICK could be heard.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
catch-22
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 1:54:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Nice." Barnaby remarked with a small smile in his voice, kneeling down as he watched the KLEFKI do its work. "I need to get one of these little guys."[break][break]

Soon enough, the cabinet drawer unhinged and the safe within was revealed. Of course, with his luck being what it was, the safe itself was also locked. "See if it can open this—"[break][break]

An ominous click suddenly filled the small bunker, cutting Barnaby off. Both men would recognize it immediately.[break][break]

The sound of a revolver being cocked.[break][break]

Slowly turning his head to face the noise, Barnaby saw... an average-looking man. Square-rimmed glasses, bushy, unkempt mustache, plaid flannel shirt - as mediocre as they come. He appeared dwarfed next to . Sweat cast a heavy sheen along his brow, a slight tremor shook his hand. Anxiety laced every feature of his body, in fact.[break][break]

He was twitchy.[break][break]

Unpredictable.[break][break]

And holding a gun to the back of Felix's head.[break][break]

"Y-you two need to get the h-hell out of here."[break][break]

Where this man - whom the admin could only assume was the owner of the bunker - was riddled with nerves, 's face had dropped to a cold, neutral expression. The next words that left his lips were as even and unbothered as can be; as if this wasn't a life-and-death situation where a friend's wellbeing didn't hang in the balance.[break][break]

"Alright. Take it easy. We mean you no harm."

[break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
catch-22
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 1:07:51 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Powerlessness was a bitter feeling. One that never tasted any sweeter, especially now, after years of escaping its touch. The cold metal of the pistole's muzzle not only stripped Felix of his power but his ability to defend. Barnaby was just as in danger as him, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Wide-eyed, he looked back at the other admin, speaking through his tight-lipped expression.

'I trust you'

Because, they both knew if it'd been left to Felix, the trigger would've been pulled almost instantaneously.

"Then wh-why are you here, huh?!"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
catch-22
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 19:21:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Barnaby's eyes stayed focused on the bunker owner, but he could still see Felix's startled expression from his peripheral vision. Given how neutral his friend's body language usually was, seeing him like this was like a punch to the gut. It emphasized the gravity of their current situation.[break][break]

"We just happened upon this place and decided to take a look around." The admin explained lowly, keeping his tone slow and flat. "We didn't realize someone owned—"[break][break]

A tinkling of metal caught the other man's attention for a brief moment. 's KLEFKI jingling in distress.[break][break]

It was the only opportunity was going to get.[break][break]

He took it.[break][break]

Pushing up from the ground, he shot forward with as much strength as his legs could muster. Adrenaline coursed through his body now, egging him on, allowing him to grab at the bunker owner's wrist before he could fire the gun in retaliation.[break][break]

A short struggle ensued where Barnaby tried to disarm the man of his revolver, but despite his average physique there was an unusual amount of force behind his movements. He was fighting for his life, too, just like Barnaby was.[break][break]

BANG![break][break]

The gun went off. For a moment it was unclear who, if anyone, had been shot. But within seconds the bunker owner crumpled to the floor, blood quickly pooling around him.[break][break]

Barnaby was left holding the revolver, blood spatter covering his face and upper torso.

[break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
catch-22
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 6:30:05 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
A flurry of movement blurred the world in a whirl of color. In one second there was only vacant darkness, then the next, struggle. A fight for survival. By the time Felix could react to anything, Barnaby had already kicked into gear, lunching at the man who held the admin's life behind a single trigger.

There was fighting, grunts, and yelps of pain, but in the end, it was all silenced by one singular bang.

Blood soon followed its melody, pooling all around.

Felix didn't hesitate - he reached out for his partner, immediately pulling him off from the other, eyes widening with an unknown rush of racing fear.

It'd been years since they'd shared that kiss beneath the twinkling stars of 's mansion, and yet, in this moment of blanket cruelty, those spanning years felt like seconds. Seconds that burned into his chest, filling it up with a raging ball of heat; heat that festered and reached and stung.

He has to be okay, he told himself, there's no way...

"Barnaby," his deep voice bellowed out, uncertainty rising between each word, "are you okay?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
catch-22
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 14:56:17 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

I killed him. He’s dead.[break][break]

The words repeated over and over in Barnaby’s mind as he looked down at the bunker owner, now deceased on the floor. The pool of blood surrounding the body continued to grow, but thankfully enough Felix had pulled him away in time before the red liquid could coat his boots. [break][break]

Uh…” For one of the first times in his life, Barnaby didn’t immediately know what to say. His eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion, as if he was struggling to find the words to respond.[break][break]

Was he okay? It didn’t really feel like it. His heart was beating so hard it threatened to burst from his chest; his face had taken on a deathly pallor beneath the streaks of blood; his vice grip on the gun turned his knuckles white.[break][break]

likely worried for his physical health, however, so the admin responded with a shaky:[break][break]

Yes.. Yeah. I’m fine.”[break][break]

He reached with his free hand to brace the other admin’s upper arm. There was a slight, almost imperceivable tremble to the motion.[break][break]

What about you? Are you alright?

[break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
catch-22
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 17:01:05 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The confirmation drew a sigh of heartfelt relief.

"Good."

Still, the admin's worried eyes gave him one last check. One last measure to ensure no stray bullets marked his skin, nor dangers puncture his organs. Once satisfied, he finally pulled himself back, his expression returning to the natural stoicism Felix was known for.
[break][break]
Only, a glimmer of gentleness still shined its way through. It was faint, almost indistinguishable between his frown and thickly furrowed eyebrows, but it was there, brightened by the glossy sheen that coated his eyes.

"I'm alright," he returned. "Sorry. I should've seen him coming."

'I should've been the one to protect you.'

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
catch-22
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 17:26:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Good.” Barnaby echoed, a similar gentleness in his eye as he looked over . He was safe, at least. That was all that mattered. [break][break]

He clapped Felix on the shoulder where his hand had been resting before withdrawing it to begin unloading the revolver. Only five bullets remained in the chamber now, which Barnaby pocketed. The gun was similarly tucked into the waistband of his pants.[break][break]

But no need to apologize. We’ve both got each other’s backs.” That fact was now marked in blood. Speaking of, the admin grabbed a nearby rag and started to wipe his face clean as best he could. The almost indiscernible tremble still remained, but color was already beginning to return to his cheeks.[break][break]

Let’s… finish up here and take care of the body.

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
catch-22
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 0:07:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: