awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
diamond in the rough [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 14:30:34 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Though familiar with both this place and Callan, the gym leader couldn't help but feel something akin to being intimidated when he drew closer to their match against Diancie. Or was it his match? Derek still had no idea if it were going to be up to him, or if he would be getting help from the newest member of the elite four.

Or maybe Callan would be commanding the Diancie?

Either way, the prospect of a legendary being able to mega-evolve would make for quite a challenge. Assuming he could push it that far. When Derek takes a turn in the hall towards the arena, he finds Callan waiting. "Yo." A meek wave-like gesture made with his offhand is offered. "What're our chances of winning?"

Though his concern seemed genuine, it was the Sobble at Derek's shoulder that looked worried the most.

MISSION POST 1 OF 5

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
diamond in the rough [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2023 2:39:21 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Derek." Calla greets as he enters through the sliding doors to Dianie's chamber. He gives a friendly squeeze of the shoulder as they begin to walk into the chamber, via the hallway of security screens.

Callan looks towards the Sobble on Derek's shoulder. "It shouldn't be too difficult, though I'm not sure you'd like to use an unevolved Pokemon against it." Callan considered the difficulty of fighting a legendary, he'd had experience before. If the Pokemon didn't have any trainer, they were often more difficult to capture than they were to defeat.

As the two enter into the main battle chamber, Diancie is floating across a set of crystals to the side, which it seemed to be cultivating steadily into gorgeous patterns. In fact, the entire chamber was encased in crystal-like growths. It turns to face the two trainers, and floats down in a friendly greeting, waving a veil-like arm.

"Hello, are you free for some training today?" Callan greeted. With a quick nod, it floats its way to the other side of a mostly untouched battle arena, readying itself for battle against the two trainers. Callan unclips a Pokeball from his belt and summons his Pokemon.

Diancie prepares itself for battle by ruffling its crystal ears, as it waits for Derek to summon his own Pokemon.

During the course of the battle, Diancie will have access to all of its movepool.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
diamond in the rough [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 20:08:09 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Yeah, I knew that much." Derek answers to the remark seemingly directed towards the Sobble at his shoulder. "Jonesy's job here is to watch and learn." There were few times he allowed the little one to venture onto the field in search of battle. Now was not one of them.

Naturally, today's foe was not something a little Sobble could hope to bring down. Even with it's alleged typing advantage. Instead a trained hand reaches for a familiar pokeball, loosing a Metagross before himself.

"Sorry, I've no time for manners today. But I do thank you for this opportunity, Diancie." Derek steps forth, looking to apply pressure early on as to avoid the Diancie getting an upper hand. "Bring her down, Elsie!"

A brilliant, sudden flash emitted from an open Metagross' maw as the STEEL BEAM wrought it's way through the crystalline battlefield in search of it's target.

MISSION POST 2 OF 5