part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 20:30:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MASQUERADE

TO HIDE EMOTIONS BEHIND PLASTIC MASKS

GREEDY EYES SCOUR THE NIGHT. obvious faces are overlooked on the facet that conversation with them comes easy. what is the point of a masquerade if not for the mystique? a chance to abandon preconceived pretense and relish in anonymity.

a freedom fernando partakes in far too little. the conversation with is the highlight of his night. a conversation that unravels with a stranger. one saturated with content that extends beyond the scope of his expectations. a surprise that promises something more—a repeat of ‘theirs’.

when he finds her, she’s already out of reach. swooped away on the dance floor in the arms of another. that alone, does little to harm his heart. for his ego bears too proud to be caught fancying any one person in particular. but it does spur his own ambition.

an ambition that cleaves into them—split right down the middle.

pardon the intrusion,” is as apologetic as he’ll be in the face of a no-namer. “but i believe this dance is mine.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,398 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 23:36:23 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]
Elisabeth glanced up at the intruder from behind her golden butterfly mask, a flicker of contempt answering the interruption. "Is it?" she inquired archly. "I don't recall promising you anything."[break][break]

All around them a bell tolled the final hour of the masquerade, but nothing in the sound spurred the woman to any urgency.[break][break]

Instead, Elisabeth moved to relinquish her hold on her existing partner with a punishing slowness, bidding him farewell with a hushed whisper and a Kalosian kiss upon the cheek. Only then, when she had dismissed the previous dancer in full, did she give the interloper the attention he had claimed as his due.[break][break]

No mask could hide the voice of a man she knew so well.[break][break]

A faint laugh escaped her lips at his audacity, her eyes now sharper as they pieced together the unspoken meaning of his arrival here. It delighted and angered her in equal measure, resulting in a thin, amused smile as her hand delicately accepted his own.[break][break]

"After all," Elisabeth demurred, daring to meet his gaze as they stepped into alignment, "we don't really know each other, do we?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit: Front & Back, Hairstyle, Butterfly Mask.[break]
- Masquerade Spin-Off Thread (Final).

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 6:07:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MASQUERADE

SHE SAYS SHE OWES HIM NOTHING BUT SHE OBEYS WELL ENOUGH. time and patience are of no concern. as long as his demands are met—no matter the cost—then he can be placated. there is no rage to boil as she waits for him to heat up.

this kettle refuses to whistle.

i’m a masked man who can’t dance,” is his introduction.

his admission to was no lie. fernando silph does not dance. he has no talent for syncing up to a rhythm that is not his own. that’s why his battle style relies on setting the tempo.

but there is an exception. it takes a persistence that moltres can barely contain. and it is who first sees it at the STAR SOIREE. there is one dance, and only one dance that fernando can keep up to.

a choice coincidence.

white cloth makes it impossible to tell where his eyes lie. or, in elisabeth’s case, where the single one stares. perhaps it is here, with his mask on, she finds him more digestible.

a shame something so physical can be the wedge that separates an otherwise perplexing romance.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,398 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 6:21:39 GMT
[nospaces]
"That's a shame," came her quick retort, "as the man you interrupted dances quite well."[break][break]

Drinking was one of the vices she'd inherited from her father, and whatever tolerance his wineries had once instilled in her had dissipated a long time ago. The venom it drew out of her, though, was an inheritance her late husband had given her.[break][break]

She'd gotten used to turning herself into a spectacle to humiliate him.[break][break]

Even so, her new partner would find no such theatrics in her own manner. Not at the moment, at least. Inebriation did not cause her to fumble, but rather, emboldened her actions and loosened her tongue. What manufactured composure had once followed her into a Lilycove hospital room had fled her hours ago, and a dry disdain had replaced it.[break][break]

"I am a woman well-acquainted with leading," she continued, looking up to meet where she knew only one eye would see her. "If you are lacking in confidence, merely say so, and I will compensate."[break][break]

There was the faintest air of condescension in the offer.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 19:19:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MASQUERADE

“I’VE BEEN TOLD I AM LACKING IN MANY WAYS,” he says despite their transition. an arm is extended. the first movement to allow her to brandish him as she will. as the lead—as their captain.

enough to be abandoned.

his feet meet, close and proper.

but confidence is not an issue. i’m merely realistic.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,398 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 20:07:02 GMT
[nospaces]
He surrendered to her with only the mildest complaint, and part of her found his submission disappointing. In answer, the tempo became slightly more punishing as she pulled him into her orbit, but still kept light enough that he could strain to keep her rhythm.[break][break]

"Oh?" she remarked drily. "I would think that's an unfamiliar experience for a man like you. Being abandoned."[break][break]

Wasn't it always the other way around for men like him? So comfortable doing the discarding, and so loathe to be discarded themselves. It would almost be poetic, if it wasn't so infuriating.[break][break]

The masks felt thin and flimsy between them, the pathetic farce incensing her as much as it goaded her onwards.[break][break]

"As for realism, that's a place where we can agree." Green eyes flashed up towards him, almost viperous in their gleam. "Better to see things for what they are, than to be deluded by the fantasies of what might have been."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 20:52:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MASQUERADE

“SO THINK THAT YOU KNOW ME,” he scoffs between a shuffle of feet. his pacing proves quite adequate despite the obvious flare and oversteps. adjusting to someone else’s tempo was always his weak spot but he gives up his posture and form to tunnel on calibrating his rhythm.

i suppose that makes me half blind,” he pivots unceremoniously.

tch.

his toe digs into polished dance floor.

or surprisingly optimistic.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,398 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 21:06:57 GMT
[nospaces]
"I know men," she corrected him, their proximity becoming unbearably close as the song transitioned. "And I know no matter how much every man promises to be different, the resulting truth of them remains quite the same."[break][break]

With the music's slower turn, she deliberately slowed herself as well in an attempt to throw his newly-perfected rhythm. Drunk as she was, the effect was less elegant than it might have been at the start of the hour; nonetheless, passion invited its own sort of grace, and the embers of that rage flared in her gaze.[break][break]

"Half-blind is an apt enough descriptor. They see what they want, but not what they have."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 2:39:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MASQUERADE

“ALMOST AS IF THEY’RE ALL HUMAN.”

her tactic is fruitful if not dangerous. an inability to adapt his rhythm forces him to rely on her more heavily. brings their body closer together. so that he becomes a puppet to her strings. arms and legs entangled in her drunken mess.

vain creatures that are so caught up in their own presumptions.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,398 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 3:15:21 GMT
[nospaces]
"Is it vanity, I wonder?" she said bitterly, even as he pressed closer to her than she should have allowed. "Or simply the repetitive sting of the same disappointment."[break][break]

She'd been so heated by her previous dance with , it left her both spent and oddly invigorated at the same time. Inebriation took its toll on her, the slowing of her movements now unexpectedly surrendering a glimpse of her lead to him, if he'd so allow it.[break][break]

"But humor me. What presumptions offend you so? I'd gather you have plenty of your own, in a place like this one. It's human nature, by your own admission."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 2:39:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MASQUERADE

“HOPELESSNESS CAN GARNER SYMPATHY.”

her offer is unspoken and taken, not by choice, but necessity. fernando flusters over his own pace, a victim to his own two left feet.

but they still a form of vanity, nonetheless.

his back straightens and his eye peers through his thin white veil.

that you think you know me.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,398 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 4:18:33 GMT
[nospaces]
"Let's make this interesting, then."[break][break]

Anger leaked into her taunting, its source left ambiguous as she smiled at him with cat-like invitation. Years of muscle memory filled in the gaps left by his own inexperience, keeping her one step ahead of his own clumsy movements.[break][break]

"Tell me about yourself, stranger, and let's address these misconceptions."[break][break]

Her fingers curled into his shoulder, nails digging into his clothing like knives seeking to pierce armor.[break][break]

"And if you like, I can answer yours in kind."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:17:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MASQUERADE

“I AM NOT LIKE OTHER MEN.”

she can try and claw her nails into his skin but they will never dig deeper than the pain of that hospital visit. it’s not the impact of her leaving him. or her at all. but the shallowness of her reason that cuts into the brevity of what they had.

a small comfort. a soft lull in the constant dabble of mediocrity.

i alone am one who perseveres.

he lets her go with a twirl.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,398 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:33:18 GMT
[nospaces]
And in this final rejection, he proved himself wrong. He was exactly like all the others.[break][break]

All the things left unspoken choked her with emotion, his back turned to her incensing her more than the sight of his masked face upon entering the event. Who was he, to act the part of the wronged? Who was he, to play the victim or the scorned?[break][break]

"You think I don't know you?" she called to him suddenly, louder than she should have been. Indignation flared in her voice, uninhibited and raw in its woundedness. "You think I don't know the things you've done?"[break][break]

You think I don't know the things you would have done to me, had I let you?[break][break]

Dangerous accusations bubbled to the forefront of her mind, teetering on the verge of being named aloud. Her hand shuddered with his abrupt absence, anxious to break something -- anything -- in lieu of the untouchable man in front of her.[break][break]

She didn't remember seizing the champagne glass from the nearby trays. She didn't register herself throwing it at him from behind until the action was done, splashing him with the judgment of the sparkling dessert wine.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MASQUERADE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:43:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MASQUERADE

“YOU DO.”

because she knows who he is. what he’s told her. and that’s why it hurts both of them.

which is why you’re upset,” he says in full confidence, not stopping as he sees the glass coming. when it drenches him, he still stands there, hair wet and flopping over his mask.

because you know you’re wrong.